Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (850990 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Katehasty: 9:04pm On Sep 30, 2021
Chisolove3:
Please can someone explain the reason for this refusal....my friend just got his gcms notes and am not understanding..

"I have reviewed the application, Taking the applicant's plan of studies into account, documents submitted show some funds seem available: but with lump sum deposits. Concerns that these funds would be sufficient and available for the whole course. I am not satisfied that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense, weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will adhere to the terms and conditions imposed as a temporary resident. For the reasons above,I have refused this application..

Please can someone explain this reason to me because the lump sum was well explained while applying... Are they saying he has too much money or what?...because I don't understand.. Please help!

Lump fund is like putting a bulky amount of fund in an account once just like Puting 10million in an account once … it’s meant to be a gradual fund …some gurus can explain better
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 9:05pm On Sep 30, 2021
Thank you dear.
sweetchi2411:

Welcome back dear
Congratulations to you and your family
I missed you 'personally'
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 30, 2021
rali123:

Hi Enjay316,
I just submitted my application as well and no where was I asked about denial, did I miss something during the application process or something, I will raise a webform ASAP cos my eligibility is yet to start...

Thank you.
there is naaa.cant remember where but there is.u either click yes or no in one of those questionnaires
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 30, 2021
Lianna2020:
You visa won’t be an issue as the stop at Dublin is just for technical checkup like fuel and probably drop some passengers and yes you can pay online .

she’s back grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bertram87: 9:16pm On Sep 30, 2021
Iffylove:
Am sorry to hear about this...
Please get your GCMS to have full understanding of reason for disapproval. So that you can tackle your reasons for a better application next time.
Then defer your admission to the next possible date of resumption. So as to have a new admission letter to present for your next visa application.
The gurus will answer you better

Thank you for not ignoring me Ifflove…..

I am waiting for to hear from others….. please @everybody come to my aide ooo… @Lianna2020 thank you for coming back you have been of great help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emmasonic4me: 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
Lianna2020:
You visa won’t be an issue as the stop at Dublin is just for technical checkup like fuel and probably drop some passengers and yes you can pay online .

Yay!!! You're back on board.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emmasonic4me: 9:24pm On Sep 30, 2021
Emmasonic4me:
Congratulations to all the latest PPR recipients!!!

@Lianna2020 created a new moniker to announce her good news and someone mentioned her new account has been banned. I don't know if that claim is valid. However if that's the case, I humbly appeal to the moderator behind this to soft pedal. The lady in question has been very active and contributes positively here thereby enriching the thread. In addition to that, even after getting PPR and landing, she still hanged around to help others. That has not always been the case with so many people that get PPR and disappear (which is understandable because of tight schedule and pressures from work and studies).

Again, the moderator should kindly reconsider his or her position. This is my humble submission.

Thanks moderator for listening to my pleas and that of others that supported. I don't even have direct connection with her but that name rings a bell here. Welcome back Lianna2020!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 9:31pm On Sep 30, 2021
Lwkmd smiley
Malone122:
she’s back grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 9:31pm On Sep 30, 2021
wink
Emmasonic4me:

Yay!!! You're back on board.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 9:32pm On Sep 30, 2021
Thanks so much .
Feels like home having to read all you wrote up there. smiley
Emmasonic4me:

Thanks moderator for listening to my pleas and that of others that supported. I don't even have direct connection with her but that name rings a bell here. Welcome back Lianna2020!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by misterditto: 9:35pm On Sep 30, 2021
I sincerely appreciate your response. I find it helpful

vanqwerty:

In my opinion, You stand a great chance if you apply for a study permit to the UK because UK recognizes NEBOSH directly. This doesn't mean it doesn't have its respect in Canada though. You can go for MSc in Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Management in Middlesex University for example.

For Canada, you can do an Msc in schools like the University of British Columbia. There are only about 3 or 4 schools where you can do a master's in OH&S field.

Ensure to your research on both based on your resources and qualifications

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 9:39pm On Sep 30, 2021
Hello Bertram

So sorry for this, of course IRCC can never kill your shine..

Good to know you have already ordered your GCMS notes, I will also like it if you order for your 1st and 2nd refusal GCMS notes since both 2nd and 3rd refusals are same reasons as you have said.. Lets go through the GCMS notes and see the concerns of the Visa officers in your previous applications, so we can know how to address and tackle their concerns...

As a self sponsor, are you married? Do you have any dependents you are leaving behind when you travel to Canada? The GCMS notes will tell us the area of concerns of the VOs..

I will also advise you defer your admission so you can take your time and strategize on how well you will tackle the Visa Officers concerns in your re-application.. Personally I do not advise applicants to rush when re-applying especially when such applicant has been refused more than twice.. So defer to a later date, wait for your GCMS notes to arrive, Calm down and be calculative, pick and tackle one by one, bit by bit the area of concerns of the VOs until you are convinced you have done justice..

Also work on your SOP and LOE especially, its not about having all the money but about giving to the VO the detailed explanation of how the money will be readily available for your studies all through your stay in Canada... See yourself as the Visa officer and ask yourself, what I have explained in my LOE, is it convincing enough? If you are not satisfied, continue until its almost in its perfect edition...

Let me save much talk for now, and wait till when your GCMS notes are ready. Once you have them, you can drop them here..

Peace
Bertram87:
Good evening family…..

So my third application got refused on the 27th of September, personal asset and financial status as the refusal reason, the same reason for my second application.
Self sponsored, I paid my 1st semester tuition and showed more than enough balance in my account, trust me I used every information I got on this platform to tackle this reason in my 3rd application.
I am sure the VO that made the decision didn’t vet my documents carefully. I am waiting for my second GCMS anytime from now because it is due.

My school resumed on the 7th of September and I have started online classes.

These people no fit kill my shine, please can I reapply immediately? Can I use today’s date to validate the imm1294 form given the fact that my school already resumed on the 7th?. What I am saying is on the imm1294 where they asked ‘Duration of expected study’ I cannot input the 7th of September because it has passed, the only date I can input now is the 30th which is today or a later date, OR can I use the same old imm1294 form without validating and just edit the available fund for my stay because I have more funds in my account……..is this a possibility? I hope everyone understands……..

@Makano, @Frankrobbn, @Justmellow @lekkiboboe @ Anon, @everybody
Please I will be waiting for your thoughts. Make una help me achieve my dreams too….. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chocotemi(f): 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
Please, how many hours is used for the medical examination?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 9:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
Hello Choco

The Medical examination itself for an applicant is not up to an hour...

That doesn't mean you wont spend more than that in the clinic considering the number of applicants that will be present on that day and also your number on the queue will also determine the number of hours you will spend at the clinic..

But the Medical Examination itself is not up to an hour..

Peace
Chocotemi:
Please, how many hours is used for the medical examination?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kam3: 10:07pm On Sep 30, 2021
Please who has taken doulingo English test before? how do I register for it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 10:10pm On Sep 30, 2021
Hello Timmy, please how did you submit your medical after the request?? I did not see any portion ro upload hence I want to be sure it's only to be uploaded via web form. Kindly respond...

Timmypaul:
I got medical request on 7th of September. It got updated to pass on Monday. Am seriously praying to get my ppr soon am tired of the wait.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Timmypaul: 10:43pm On Sep 30, 2021
The hospital will definitely send your result you don’t need to upload if you get a medical request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chocotemi(f): 10:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
Thank you sir
But is it not according to time? My appointment says 11 am
makano:
Hello Choco

The Medical examination itself for an applicant is not up to an hour...

That doesn't mean you wont spend more than that in the clinic considering the number of applicants that will be present on that day and also your number on the queue will also determine the number of hours you will spend at the clinic..

But the Medical Examination itself is not up to an hour..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 10:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
I get that. IOM submitted my medical on the 28th of April 2021 and it was reviewed to Pass 20th of May for my previous application. Same medical sheet was uploaded for this application, hence my query about submitting to IRCC. Though I asked IOM to re submit but I have not gotten any feed back as regards.

I am hopeful that IRCC will update it accordingly.
Thanks for your input.

Timmypaul:
The hospital will definitely send your result you don’t need to upload if you get a medical request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Zhaynurb(f): 10:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
Alhamdullilahi Alhamdullilahi Alhamdullilahi I'm so happy . I just got my medical request �������� I sent message to Nairobi today that my application is 12weeks and no update , that am down and am thinking so much and am depressed . Am so happy
Please help me to thank God .
I submitted my application on April 29
I forgot that I was asked to do biometrics
So I did my biometrics on June 28
I've been waiting oooo till I sent them message today ooooooo

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 11:00pm On Sep 30, 2021
Congratulations, hope Uve booked for Medicals as closer dates are getting filled up.
Zhaynurb:
Alhamdullilahi Alhamdullilahi Alhamdullilahi I'm so happy . I just got my medical request �������� I sent message to Nairobi today that my application is 12weeks and no update , that am down and am thinking so much and am depressed . Am so happy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 11:02pm On Sep 30, 2021
Welcome back Lianna and congratulations to you and your household for that record breaking approval. Thank God for his grace that is abundant.

We will appreciate timeline and back story to what you did normal or maybe what you did differently.

Canada will favour you ans your household.

Lianna2020:
Thank you dear.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 11:04pm On Sep 30, 2021
Wow, awesome God. Congratulations to you.

He will complete what he has started, Amen

Zhaynurb:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 11:10pm On Sep 30, 2021
I’d try sharing n edit some part incase it goes against the community
viviangogos:
Welcome back Lianna and congratulations to you and your household for that record breaking approval. Thank God for his grace that is abundant.

We will appreciate timeline and back story to what you did normal or maybe what you did differently.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 11:16pm On Sep 30, 2021
I applied for sowp for my husband and visit visa for my six month baby on the 4th of august with upfront Medicals (both of them did Medicals).

Medicals updated to pass august 31(hubby) and sept 11 (baby).

Bvl dropped sept 15th
PPR dropped sept 20th

Documents submitted:
Main applicant:
All ircc forms
Passport photograph
Data page (no travel history)
Police clearance certificate
Birth certificate
Proof of education
Detailed Loe written by my agent
CAC
Articles of association
Tax clearance certificate
Landed document (2 lands)
One incomplete residential house validated by a lawyer to be worth 18m.
Building plan
Car ownership doc
Tenancy agreement letter

Spouse document:
Data page
Visa
Study permit
Sin
Confirmation of enrollment
Tuition receipt
Letter of consent (written by my oga)
Invitation letter(by my oga frank)
Study leave letter from my employer.

Sons document :
Passport photograph
Data page
Birth certificate

Proof of marriage :
Marriage certificate
Family pictures
Snapshot of WhatsApp chat
Wedding pictures

Proof of funds:
Bank reference letter
Business account statement of about 28m

Other document:
Upfront medicals

viviangogos:

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 11:18pm On Sep 30, 2021
Things I did that may have helped (wouldn’t know)
I submitted app august 4, immediately requested for gcms note even tho I knew them no touch my app. I knew it would take time to come either ways.

When I read from one of us saying she sends mail weekly to Nairobi. I had to put on my writing skills.
At first I didn’t know where my file was so I sent an emotional email to all ircc office in the world (lol).
Cairo replied that they checked their database and my file is with Nairobi . Then I limited my email to Nairobi.

I send four emails daily to Nairobi ,they don’t kuku reply aside automated response and I didn’t care, I continued.

At first my husband’s Medicals updated to pass august 31, then my sons Medicals updated to pass September 11.

Still I woke up every morning to send email as if It was my breakfast. September 15, bvl dropped for my husband, na so I sidon Dey refresh my app but nothing dropped after.

Omg village people don get me o, I lamented. Next thing, I emailed my mp with a strong emotional mail and she replied with the attached response . I was so happy yet I didn’t stop sending emails on a daily .

I also requested for written authorization for my family, don’t know if it was granted but see below response from them and that was when the borders were closed so one won’t need TA now. I only applied just to speed things up in my own knowledge (lol).
When my agent said, hope you Dey send email, I laughed because I wish he knew (lol). I didn’t even wait for the template he wanted to share with me, I created mine .

20th of September , woke up by 9:30am to send my usual email but this time made it five because I mean they owe me a decision now.

When I was done, casually decided to refresh my app as I don already login n boom profile updated n it was PPR for hubby , I went to baby’s app and same PPR . My omg was omored.

Thanks to my nairaland family, I learnt so much on this journey and I won’t trade the friends I made from here for anything.

I wish everyone God’s speed on their application.

It will end in praise for everyone still holding on .

Lianna2020:

I applied for sowp for my husband and visit visa for my six month baby on the 4th of august with upfront Medicals (both of them did Medicals).

Bvl dropped sept 15th
PPR dropped sept 20th

Documents submitted:
Main applicant:
All ircc forms
Passport photograph
Birth certificate
Proof of education
CAC
Articles of association
Building plan
Car ownership doc
Tenancy agreement letter

Spouse document:
Data page
Visa
Study permit
Sin
Tuition receipt

Sons document :
Passport photograph
Data page
Birth certificate

Proof of marriage :
Marriage certificate
Family pictures
Wedding pictures

Proof of funds:
Bank reference letter

Other document:
Upfront medicals

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 11:18pm On Sep 30, 2021
Lianna2020:

Bvl dropped sept 15th
PPR dropped sept 20th

Documents submitted:
Main applicant:
All ircc forms
Passport photograph
Birth certificate
Proof of education
CAC
Articles of association
Building plan
Car ownership doc
Tenancy agreement letter

Spouse document:
Data page
Visa
Study permit
Sin
Tuition receipt

Sons document :
Passport photograph
Data page
Birth certificate

Proof of marriage :
Marriage certificate
Family pictures
Wedding pictures

Proof of funds:
Bank reference letter

Other document:
Upfront medicals

Congratulations once again. I'm back again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by onyintel: 11:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
PPR Landed on 29th, apologies for the late posting..

First time applicant, I have never traveled before. Virgin Passport..

What God cannot do, does not exist. My perfect birthday gift..

My story and approval is the handwork of God..

Below is my timeline

Application Submitted: May 17th, 2021
Biometrics required: May 18th, 2021
Biometrics done: May 24th, 2021
Upfront Medical passed: May 28th, 2021
Eligibility and BVL: September 22nd, 2021
PPR: September 29th, 2021

What God cannot do indeed does not exist!!!!
Please do not give up, God is still in control...

I pray God will answer everyone on the waiting list.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 30, 2021
Bertram87:
Good evening family…..

So my third application got refused on the 27th of September, personal asset and financial status as the refusal reason, the same reason for my second application.
Self sponsored, I paid my 1st semester tuition and showed more than enough balance in my account, trust me I used every information I got on this platform to tackle this reason in my 3rd application.
I am sure the VO that made the decision didn’t vet my documents carefully. I am waiting for my second GCMS anytime from now because it is due.

My school resumed on the 7th of September and I have started online classes.

These people no fit kill my shine, please can I reapply immediately? Can I use today’s date to validate the imm1294 form given the fact that my school already resumed on the 7th?. What I am saying is on the imm1294 where they asked ‘Duration of expected study’ I cannot input the 7th of September because it has passed, the only date I can input now is the 30th which is today or a later date, OR can I use the same old imm1294 form without validating and just edit the available fund for my stay because I have more funds in my account……..is this a possibility? I hope everyone understands……..

@Makano, @Frankrobbn, @Justmellow @lekkiboboe @ Anon, @everybody
Please I will be waiting for your thoughts. Make una help me achieve my dreams too….. Thank you.
am so sorry for ur delay.one thing I noticed about self sponsorship is that u have to make commitments since its ur money.though very few ppl have gotten ppr without paying 1st year school fees but it is recommended u pay ur 1st year full tuition fee and if ur course is more than a year,u shud demonstrate how u intend paying d rest with cash readily available for all ur school fees,feeding,accomodation and other Living expenses plus travel expenses. if u dont have enough money to show for ur full studied, some V.O will assume that u have to work to survive in Canada. this is my observation.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 30, 2021
Jessica50:
I reapplied yesterday night till today I haven't gotten confirmation message, I am worried
did u pay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mikediaye: 11:30pm On Sep 30, 2021
onyintel:
PPR Landed on 29th, apologies for the late posting..

First time applicant, I have never traveled before. Virgin Passport..

What God cannot do, does not exist. My perfect birthday gift..

My story and approval is the handwork of God..

Below is my timeline

Application Submitted: May 17th, 2021
Biometrics required: May 18th, 2021
Biometrics done: May 24th, 2021
Upfront Medical passed: May 28th, 2021
Eligibility and BVL: September 22nd, 2021
PPR: September 29th, 2021

What God cannot do indeed does not exist!!!!
Please do not give up, God is still in control...

I pray God will answer everyone on the waiting list.
congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (834)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.