Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (850857 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Faithyyyyy: 5:18pm On Aug 30, 2021
IT'S A PPR ALERT!!!!

I applied for my study permit last year and got it within a month. Now I am a proud graduate of UOttawa.

Background story to a very complex application.

My younger brother finished WAEC in 2008 ( yes 13 years study gap). Aged 31 years old.
somehow his Bachelor's degree didn't get any transcript so we couldn't do anything about it but opted for a two years diploma program. (ordinary diploma).

We started the process for my younger brother in January this year and got denied within a month. I have been his sponsor throughout the process so I had to provide proof of support and sponsorship.

Reasons : Personal assets and financial assets
Travel History
Purpose of visit

How can I be helping others with their applications and enjoying Canadian education when my brother is getting denied! Never! Never!

We got back to the drawing board, worked on his living expenses, proof of funds, home ties, literally everything explaining all the visa officers concerns with a well presented sop ( I didn't study English for nothing). GCMS notes didn't come until two months later so I just used the visa officers concerns to address the refusal because no time.

New application: April 23rd
medical request : August 20th
Medical passed August 26th
PPR and approval August 30th.

Can you get a study permit with a 13 year study gap?
Can you apply for an ordinary diploma ?
Can you get an approval after a refusal?

I am here to tell you that with Faith and prayers all things are possible. Most importantly put in the best work on your study permit application after a refusal.
If you need to consult and pay for services don't be stingy to your future. No one will do all the hard work for you free of charge.

I will keep giving back and reviewing sop's for free because I have benefited from this platform but please note that I WILL NOT work on your study permit application free of charge.

Find attached the timeline for your encouragement.

PS he doesn't even know its been approved because I have the log in details. I can't wait to surprise him with this good news.

meanwhile let me do and bring my dear mama over too. Our families must jappa with us in Jesus name

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Cloudweb: 5:22pm On Aug 30, 2021
Thanks very much!

Please do you have IRCC or Nairobi Contact Numbers I can use to reach them?

Thanks

makano:
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CHIKACIC: 5:26pm On Aug 30, 2021
emmalextemtop:
Hello everyone!

Abeg for this Covid test within 72hrs of departure to cad, is it money based or is it not free?

I want to ask if you are being tested for the case of traveling out, is it money based? Or not?
Cos i know someone that did it, it was 50,400k while in my state, i went to make enquiries, the nurse told me it's free.
But i heard the attendant asking her if the person wants to use it to travel and the nurse help me to say No, in which i did not really disclose the purpose at first instance though.
So,i thought if the health center knew you are traveling out, Dem go put money like 50k above, please how true is this?

The main thing is, traveling out or not, COVID-19 TEST na same thing

It is not free. Cost is N50,400.

I would suggest you use a private lab.

I was advised by my airline (Qatar Airways) to use only "private labs" and not "government sponsored facility or lab".

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dyce101(m): 5:31pm On Aug 30, 2021
Faithyyyyy:
IT'S A PPR ALERT!!!!

I applied for my study permit last year and got it within a month. Now I am a proud graduate of UOttawa.

My younger brother finished WAEC in 2008 ( yes 13 years study gap). Aged 31 years old.
somehow his Bachelor's degree didn't get any transcript so we couldn't do anything about it but opted for a two years diploma program. (ordinary diploma).

We started the process for my younger brother in January this year and got denied within a month. I have been his sponsor throughout the process so I had to provide proof of support and sponsorship.

Travel History
Purpose of visit

How can I be helping others with their applications and enjoying Canadian education when my brother is getting denied! Never! Never!

We got back to the drawing board, worked on his living expenses, proof of funds, home ties, literally everything explaining all the visa officers concerns with a well presented sop ( I didn't study English for nothing). GCMS notes didn't come until two months later so I just used the visa officers concerns to address the refusal because no time.

I am here to tell you that with Faith and prayers all things are possible. Most importantly put in the best work on your study permit application after a refusal.
If you need to consult and pay for services don't be stingy to your future. No one will do all the hard work for you free of charge.

I will keep giving back and reviewing sop's for free because I have benefited from this platform but please note that I WILL NOT work on your study permit application free of charge.

PS he doesn't even know its been approved because I have the log in details. I can't wait to surprise him with this good news.

meanwhile let me do and bring my dear mama over too. Our families must jappa with us in Jesus name

Congratulations to him

Please bro when did you brother applied for medicals

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Cloudweb: 5:32pm On Aug 30, 2021
Please does anyone have contact numbers of IRCC and Nairobi Kenya,Nigeria and Africa.

Abeg help me o...My school is resuming tomorrow still no response and eligibility review yet.

Please!
Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by afomon12: 5:36pm On Aug 30, 2021
My eligibility has started and i mailed my school to know if IRCC has contacted them to verify my admission and funding. The school said they haven't heard from IRCC, does this mean they still have a long way to go with my eligibility?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2021
Faithyyyyy:
IT'S A PPR ALERT!!!!

Travel History
Purpose of visit

Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Victoryokondu: 5:52pm On Aug 30, 2021
afomon12:
My eligibility has started and I mailed my school to know if IRCC has contacted them to verify my admission and funding. The school said they haven't heard from IRCC, does this mean they still have a long way to go with my eligibility?

Please when did you apply and which school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Johnchan2: 6:07pm On Aug 30, 2021
Heaven2020:
It's only fair I post my sister's progress here as I genuinely enjoyed reading about people's passport requests. It gives you so much hope. I can't wait to pick my baby sister from the airport. I wish those awaiting approval courage and speed.

congrats to her...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Amenmay: 6:14pm On Aug 30, 2021
Please house what’s the probability of having your study permit application approve after having chargeback in your application that's causing delay in the application ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Titan1295(m): 6:23pm On Aug 30, 2021
Please I want to know the name of Canada office that's responsible for the processing and finally taking decisions of Canada visa application from outside Canada particularly Nigeria. My pastor needs it.

Thank you all as I expect your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by yoyu: 6:52pm On Aug 30, 2021
For those waiting, let's keep hope/faith alive !

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 30, 2021
Faithyyyyy:
IT'S A PPR ALERT!!!!

Truly faith and prayer works.
The other one, very true. Especially when it's a life changing decision, every penny spent is worth it, every sacrifice, sleepless night to get it better at the end is worth it.

It's been raining PPR!!

Congratulations to your brother!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Heaven2020: 7:11pm On Aug 30, 2021
My sister's yellow biometric slip was accidentally sent alongside my mom's passport to vfs. She got a passport request today, and we are confused about what to do next. Is it possible for her to get a new one and how we communicate with vfs Lagos? Please help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Leyemoshood: 7:15pm On Aug 30, 2021
demmyg4real:
Dear Nairalanders,

This info is for those in Abuja .....

Incase you need to be vaccinated, be informed that vaccination is currently ongoing at FCT Primary Health Board, Area 3, Garki, Abuja.....

I just took the first dose, I spent just about 30mins there and I was done, no queue.

Both doses are being taken there.

Hope this helps.... It will all end in praise !!!

Moderna or Astra Zeneca?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Joymusa: 7:16pm On Aug 30, 2021
Goodday please can I submit only power of attorney since my mum hasn't done C of O yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 7:37pm On Aug 30, 2021
Faithyyyyy:
IT'S A PPR ALERT!!!!

Travel History
Purpose of visit

Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Halifaxguy: 7:37pm On Aug 30, 2021
Are there July applicants here...? I submitted my younger bro application on July 7th. And school resumption is next Tuesday, but I have not seen any progress on the application. Upfront medical updated to pass last week. It seems June and July folks will not meet up for the fall semester.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 7:37pm On Aug 30, 2021
Joymusa:
Goodday please can I submit only power of attorney since my mum hasn't done C of O yet.
My sister submit whatever you haVe and explain she hasn't gotten that.. Decison is of the lord and it will end in praise ....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Johnmark247: 7:38pm On Aug 30, 2021
Hello NL Think-Tanks (Frankrobbn1, Lekiboboe, JustMellow e.t.c). I am based abroad but all my assets to demonstrate economic hometie are in Naija. Can I use them to apply abroad or must have to return to apply in Naija?

Please, anyone with tangible ideas is also welcome to advice on this matter as one wouldn't want to make such a hefty mistake.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 7:41pm On Aug 30, 2021
Halifaxguy:
Are there July applicants here...? I submitted my younger bro application on July 7th. And school resumption is next Tuesday, but I have not seen any progress on the application. Upfront medical updated to pass last week. It seems June and July folks will not meet up for the fall semester.
Hmmmmm....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 7:51pm On Aug 30, 2021
Heaven2020:
My sister's yellow biometric slip was accidentally sent alongside my mom's passport to vfs. She got a passport request today, and we are confused about what to do next. Is it possible for her to get a new one and how we communicate with vfs Lagos? Please help
Yes, go to where you did the Biometrics, they are going to give you another slip, but you may have to pay.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Leyemoshood: 7:53pm On Aug 30, 2021
Faithyyyyy:
IT'S A PPR ALERT!!!!

Travel History
Purpose of visit

Congratulations to you and your brother.

How did you tackle the 1st refusal reasons? Can you please initiate a step by step guide on each of the reasons. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fisssssyyy: 8:08pm On Aug 30, 2021
Fisssssyyy:
Dear gurus
I received a biometric verification letter since 19th of August and I’ve not gotten any feedback since then
I’m so bothered , my school said I’ll have to defer if I don’t submit my study permit approval by 14th of September. I applied on the 29th of April
I’ll appreciate your advices please ��

Please help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ajoke08: 8:18pm On Aug 30, 2021
Good evening everyone. Please can anyone clarify this for me.. my study permit was refused earlier in the year and I want to reapply now. Will I create a new Gckey or can I just login to the one I used for my first application ..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Faithyyyyy: 8:20pm On Aug 30, 2021
Leyemoshood:

Congratulations to you and your brother.

How did you tackle the 1st refusal reasons? Can you please initiate a step by step guide on each of the reasons. Thank you.

Hi,

As stated, I can only preview an sop for free as a way of giving back to this platform.

every application is different and so are the reasons and circumstances for addressing a refusal. I will not be in any way offering a step by step detailed explanation or guide on each of the reasons. is your application exactly the same as his? do you have the same background? family ties, work experience.
It is not advisable to copy and paste from anyone's application hence the reason why there are professionals you can consult to guide you through a tailor made application to suite your circumstances.

I wish you all the best

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dee2016: 8:21pm On Aug 30, 2021

3rd July from Kenya.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 8:31pm On Aug 30, 2021
Fisssssyyy:

Please help
14th is 2 weeks times. My brother keep the faith alive.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 8:38pm On Aug 30, 2021
I applied 15th May no eligibility and background review, just medical passed, I just contacted my school to defer my admission and they have agreed, my problem is if I get ppr before I get new admission what should I do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tourphland(m): 8:39pm On Aug 30, 2021
Halifaxguy:

July applicant ooo… nothing yet, no update on my page
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Cloudweb: 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2021
Please does anyone have contact numbers of IRCC and Nairobi Kenya,Nigeria and Africa.

My school is resuming tomorrow still no response and eligibility review yet.

Please!
Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bushboy009: 8:49pm On Aug 30, 2021
Can you travel to Canada if you registered for online classes. I heard you might not be allowed entry to novia scotia. Someone should help

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (834)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.