Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (847575 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CuteCandy90: 8:08am On Oct 24, 2021
Fleshofmankind1:
My PPR came in last night am the happiest man on earth now , i just saw it.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:15am On Oct 24, 2021
Omiinii:
1.) Log into your application.
2.)From the interface navigate to "Account statement" like you'll slide to see the other side. At least that's how I do it on my phone
3.)click on send statement to embassy
4).input all the required information and from there you'll sort yourself out. It's that easy
5.) After self-generating the MBS you should receive an e-copy in your email that you will send to IRCC. If you don't receive the maybank statements, contact your bank customer's care.
Thanks a million.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 8:27am On Oct 24, 2021
Lianna2020:
72 hours to departure

Thank you.
How are you and family doing? Trust quarantining is not tiring and stressful.
Enjoy Canada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:39am On Oct 24, 2021
Omiinii:
1.) Log into your application.
2.)From the interface navigate to "Account statement" like you'll slide to see the other side. At least that's how I do it on my phone
3.)click on send statement to embassy
4).input all the required information and from there you'll sort yourself out. It's that easy
5.) After self-generating the MBS you should receive an e-copy in your email that you will send to IRCC. If you don't receive the maybank statements, contact your bank customer's care.

It worked o. Something that has been giving me headache since last week. Thanks a million. May God reward you abundantly.

One more thing, are you familiar with the process of paying for GIC with GTBank dom account?

I went to the bank and they asked me to request for hardware token. With the token, they said I should be able to do it myself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Viewoliver: 9:05am On Oct 24, 2021
Good evening Friends,
Please, I need suggestions:

I just got admission for a 1-Year 'Electrical - Industrial' Certificate which I applied earlier but I realized it could be seen as lack of career progression as an HND holder. I have HND in Chemical Engineering 2010; with years of experience in Automation Control and Instrumentation.

Considering Study Permit approval possibility, should I proceed with the admission OR apply for a PG Certificate in Project Management or any other relevant PG Certificate Program?

Based on your years of experience in Automation and Control Instrumentation, I would suggest you go for PG Certificate on Industrial Automation at Niagara College, Ontario. I think that will show career progression.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SwayB(m): 9:18am On Oct 24, 2021
@Jay316 @Scott99tish @SwayB @beedyboy

There goes the story folks, the ending and landing part will be concluded when all is finally tidied. Thanks for the patience and I pray all being expectant of their PPR will get it In Sha Allah.[/quote]

Congratulations once again bro. You shall be favored.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Winnn: 9:28am On Oct 24, 2021
Hi guys, please if u got a medical request and it has been updated to passed but you haven't gotten a PPR kindly indicate! Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tonnymexx: 9:40am On Oct 24, 2021
Jay316:
u need to give us ur background to comment. what was ur BSC course,ur present Job,probably ur present salary etc.
I think ur SOP was not well constructed. ur explanation was not well convincing especially ur future plans here in Nigeria and how ur Foreign degree will be of help to u in Nigeria. give some stats if possible.

My BSc background is Geography and planning science, after my graduation have been into business (buying and selling) in a shop, no salary.. Please which course can I go for? Concerning funds, But I dont have that financial buoyant to sponsor myself..
I will be glad to hear response from the gurus
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Romoke1995: 9:51am On Oct 24, 2021
August 28 applicant
eligibility and medical request drop on the same day October 21st
Ppr this week ijn
I’m the next to testify
It will end in praise

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by raimiade11: 10:22am On Oct 24, 2021
JosephYemsol:

Yeah.

I'm July 19th applicant, eligibility started sept 25.

My own eligibility no gree start o, ha, i don dey fear now o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by raimiade11: 10:24am On Oct 24, 2021
Omiinii:
Keep sending emails and webforms. Have you ordered your notes. It's possible eligibility has started and it's not been updated on your Portal. Mailing your MP could also be a last resort. You'll have to be patient. There's really nothing you can do than wait. It'll end well IJN

Yes the notes i ordered as at 28september( last month) the eligibility was blank, criminality/ background was passed in the notes

But on my portal, nothing is updated the last update was medical as at August 3rd, nothing on ít till now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 10:31am On Oct 24, 2021
You see! by now maybe your eligibility might have started. Background checks usually don't take very long so it's expected to have been completed. With pressure from your end the senior officer will likely take a look at your case file. You can order your notes maybe after two weeks to be certain if there's an update.
raimiade11:

Yes the notes i ordered as at 28september( last month) the eligibility was blank, criminality/ background was passed in the notes

But on my portal, nothing is updated the last update was medical as at August 3rd, nothing on ít till now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 10:34am On Oct 24, 2021
Thank God. I'll try to get a more detailed reply about your GIC. I'm coming
PatrickOkunima:

It worked o. Something that has been giving me headache since last week. Thanks a million. May God reward you abundantly.

One more thing, are you familiar with the process of paying for GIC with GTBank dom account?

I went to the bank and they asked me to request for hardware token. With the token, they said I should be able to do it myself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sirenoel: 10:36am On Oct 24, 2021
I have posted a bit about my application, however, I think it's my place to share the timeline and documents submitted for my application for others to gain from.

TIMELINE
Application submitted 31 December, 2020
Biometrics Letter: 1st January, 2021
Biometrics done/updated: 4th January, 2021
Submission Confirmation: 8th February, 2021
Eligibility Review: 16th April, 2021
Medical Request: 10th September, 2021
BVL: 18th October, 2021
PPR: 19th October, 2021

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
1. Admission Offer letter
2. Deposit Receipt issued by school (and the Flywire receipts cause I paid acceptance and completed first semester fee afterwards)
3. SOP (home ties; my family of 6, my business, my car and I studied International Law for my undergraduate so I appealed to the VO that I understand the consequences of violating immigration law.
4. Letter of Sponsorship - Father as sponsor
5. POF letter of explanation (I made it known that I understand the financial implications of studying in Canada and my plan for available funds.
6. First Degree Certificate
7. Photo Passport
8. Father's investment bank statement and his personal statement of account (didn't submit my SOA*)
9. Father's passport bio-data page
10. Father's company CAC documents
11. My CAC documents (registeredin 2018)
12. Passport data page
13. Car ownership documents.
14. CV (not sure about this)

NB: I did not notarize any of the documents.

I hope this helps someone on their application.

Cheers!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Munamoqel: 11:02am On Oct 24, 2021
sirenoel:
I have posted a bit about my application, however, I think it's my place to share the timeline and documents submitted for my application for others to gain from.

TIMELINE
Application submitted 31 December, 2020
Biometrics Letter: 1st January, 2021
Biometrics done/updated: 4th January, 2021
Submission Confirmation: 8th February, 2021
Eligibility Review: 16th April, 2021
Medical Request: 10th September, 2021
BVL: 18th October, 2021
PPR: 19th October, 2021

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
1. Admission Offer letter
2. Deposit Receipt issued by school (and the Flywire receipts cause I paid acceptance and completed first semester fee afterwards)
3. SOP (home ties; my family of 6, my business, my car and I studied International Law for my undergraduate so I appealed to the VO that I understand the consequences of violating immigration law.
4. Letter of Sponsorship - Father as sponsor
5. POF letter of explanation (I made it known that I understand the financial implications of studying in Canada and my plan for available funds.
6. First Degree Certificate
7. Photo Passport
8. Father's investment bank statement and his personal statement of account (didn't submit my SOA*)
9. Father's passport bio-data page
10. Father's company CAC documents
11. My CAC documents (registeredin 2018)
12. Passport data page
13. Car ownership documents.
14. CV (not sure about this)

NB: I did not notarize any of the documents.

I hope this helps someone on their application.

Cheers!
abi they have remembered we last year applicants. October 13 2020 ?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by theyjyte: 11:10am On Oct 24, 2021
Winnn:
Hi guys, please if u got a medical request and it has been updated to passed but you haven't gotten a PPR kindly indicate! Thanks

Me oo… even as I submit upfront medical
They still requested for medical exams.. I raised webform to tell them about upfront medical examination I submitted earlier… and they updated my medicals to passed since October 19
I still dy wait

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by labasulla(f): 11:11am On Oct 24, 2021
Omiinii:
Yes LOE to address the refusal and SOP to demonstrate your immigration intentions.
Good luck

Thanks alot. God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sirenoel: 11:18am On Oct 24, 2021
Munamoqel:
abi they have remembered we last year applicants. October 13 2020 ?.

Send them mails very early in the mornings. Before 5am.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 11:19am On Oct 24, 2021
tonnymexx:

My BSc background is Geography and planning science, after my graduation have been into business (buying and selling) in a shop, no salary.. Please which course can I go for? Concerning funds, But I dont have that financial buoyant to sponsor myself..
I will be glad to hear response from the gurus
Thanks

Is your business registered?
If your fund isn't enough, then you need a sponsor preferably a blood sibling or parent
But If you must use a 3rd party sponsor, do well to prove the relationship Wella.

But at this stage, first thing first, get admission. What's is your study gap? Though gap in study isn't an issue. So you can go for Msc in Geography if you have 2:1 or business related courses to show either career or academic progression. Gurus in the house will guide you accordingly.

@Lekiboboe, kindly come through for him with recommended courses and school he can go for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 11:22am On Oct 24, 2021
raimiade11:

My own eligibility no gree start o, ha, i don dey fear now o

You don't need to fear. I applied with a friend, his eligibility started just a month after while mine started almost after 4months. Now immediately my eligibility started, I got BVL the next day but he didn't get anything yet. 15 days later, I got PPR and he got refusal there after. So when eligibility starts isn't an issue, just pray for favorable assessment.

It shall end in praises.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Winnn: 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2021
God will do it this week..
theyjyte:

They still requested for medical exams.. I raised webform to tell them about upfront medical examination I submitted earlier… and they updated my medicals to passed since October 19
I still dy wait

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 12:36pm On Oct 24, 2021
I’m sure you’ve been granted.
Just keep praying still

theyjyte:

I still dy wait

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Winnn: 12:40pm On Oct 24, 2021
God will surely do it!
Romoke1995:
August 28 applicant
eligibility and medical request drop on the same day October 21st
Ppr this week ijn
I’m the next to testify
It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PatrickOkunima(m): 1:11pm On Oct 24, 2021
Omiinii:
Thank God. I'll try to get a more detailed reply about your GIC. I'm coming
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sweetoma: 1:55pm On Oct 24, 2021
Please some please answer me, I just applied for admission to two schools. Hoping to go in may or September 2022. I need guidance about my finances. I have 10k USD in my dorm account. Little funds in my salary account and then I have 30k USD equivalent in naira lump sum gotten from sale of a land to sponsor this trip. How do I prepare my account for application. Is it okay to put the lump sum in my salary account along with an LOE explaining how it was gotten and what it is for ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sweetoma: 1:57pm On Oct 24, 2021
sweetoma:
Please some please answer me, I just applied for admission to two schools. Hoping to go in may or September 2022. I need guidance about my finances. I have 10k USD in my dorm account. Little funds in my salary account and then I have 30k USD equivalent in naira lump sum gotten from sale of a land to sponsor this trip. How do I prepare my account for application. Is it okay to put the lump sum in my salary account along with an LOE explaining how it was gotten and what it is for ?
sweetoma:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 2:00pm On Oct 24, 2021
sweetoma:

If u can open GIC account and put the money there or do fixed deposit it will be better to avoid lump sum as we heard VO are familiar with sales of this and that. More suggestions from our gurus here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by AOROGBEM: 2:02pm On Oct 24, 2021
Please is there any way I can add another sponsorship account statement while my application is under review
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by nathanD: 2:13pm On Oct 24, 2021
theyjyte:

I still dy wait

I’m in thesame situation as well, i got rejected in august and for my first application i did upfront medicals, I applied again in august nd oct 15
I got medical request, had to resend my first medical page and have been waiting since then ohh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tourphland(m): 2:17pm On Oct 24, 2021
I'm July 19th applicant, eligibility started sept 25.[/quote]

Mine hasn’t started too.. July 10th App
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sweetoma: 3:21pm On Oct 24, 2021
Tinakem:

If u can open GIC account and put the money there or do fixed deposit it will be better to avoid lump sum as we heard VO are familiar with sales of this and that. More suggestions from our gurus here
Thank you so much for the response, how do I open the gic account ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by HeavenlyHolines(m): 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2021
I currently work in Kazakhstan but I want to further my studies next year in Canada maybe during spring. Please house, I need some clarification about the following questions before I proceed. I intend applying for masters of education in either Mount Saint Vincent University or Cape Breton University in Canada.
(1) Which of the above university is cheaper and better?
(2) What are the chances of going with my wife?
(3) What are my chances of going to Canada from Kazakhstan?
(4) How much is needed to facilitate the admission process or statement of account?

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (834)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.