Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,163 members, 7,807,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (437) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (850696 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by frankob(m): 4:24pm On Oct 25, 2021
Omiinii:
You might be lucky and eligibility might follow suit. Mine started 2 days after medicals passed.

Amen o I can’t wait omo it’s been a long time coming

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 4:36pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ketima:

My Teemenzo grin grin grin. Don't worry, we will all eat and dine in CA. Just waiting for your PPR to land. Leave access bank, na so zenith wan do me too. they be wan use 1 full month to pay tuition. had to cut it off, send the money go Stanbic, and in 3days, I was debited. flywire and school got it after few hours.

Chai, these Nigerian banks. Incompetence everywhere.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teewhyyy1: 4:43pm On Oct 25, 2021
Please guys I need a free slot for medicals please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
Jayrealest:

Pls after how many days did you get your passport back from Abuja

removing weekend and public holiday, is 6 days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2021
Are you sponsoring yourself or you are being sponsored??

4gunners:
I will like to go for MSc. I checked University of Waterloo for my program, Civil Engineering; the tuition fees is about $8000 and estimated cost of living is $7000. How much do you think will suffice as proof of funds for the Visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JosephYemsol(m): 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2021
tourphland:
Help me thank God guys
July 10th app

I’ll drop my details soon

At last bro. Big congrats...

May u excel in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2021
canada2022:
hello people, i just registered today on Nairaland.

i want to apply for post graduate degree Information Technology: Business and Advanced Analytics at NBCC. ..i have BSC in Engineering with 13years banking experience, 41years and study gap of 18years. i have a wife and 4 children

my question is, can i still get admission as the school has started evaluation of applications on Oct 15 2021(am yet to apply). Also what are my chances of getting study visa considering my profile.

hope to get responses as i begin my journey to canada
Is your Work experience in the bank related to the program you want apply for at NBCC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bukuns2000: 5:08pm On Oct 25, 2021
My passport has finally arrived, please someone suggested a website or the direct airline website where I can find a cheap flight, please someone should send the link again.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Benquip: 5:08pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ketima:
Finally, the Stamped passport is here and is so beautiful to behold. See ketima see Canada. if I was ever told I would be in Maple land next year, would never have imagined that, but here I'm about to head to my dreamland.

summary of my journey. grin grin grin.

I started this journey in January 2020. Then I never knew of this beautiful home, Nairaland. I started searching for a school and researching for the Fall 2021 intake. Writing to potential supervisors sotey i got tired of writing. But in the end, one supervisor accepted ( but no funding was attached). I applied to the following school:

My School application details.

University of Manitoba: Got rejected
University of Northern British Columbia: Got Rejected
Simon Fraser University: Rejected
Cape Breton University: Admitted but not what I wanted as I wanted Masters
University of Saskatchewan: last-minute admission ( when I thought all hope was lost). It was a relief as it was my first choice, but I had to increase the number of schools applied to increase my chances.

So my newbies, please I know is money, but please do not limit your chances to just 1 school, even if you have a sweet CGPA. Even my 4.34 CGPA couldn't compete with the best CGPA's that applied.

With the late admission letter, I headed to submit my application. Mind you, I was already about to submit an application with Cape Breton University baccalaureate with all done until the last-minute master's admission. Fiam everything changed. have to start writing a new SOP, and all other documents again.

Had to use just 2weeks to do all, by then I have known niaraland and the family came to my rescue.

I ended submitting my application in late May (May 29). Then the wait began. After exactly 4months and 13 days, the dream letter landed and it was a wonderful day.

Now the journey has come to fruition and is time to return to my work in peace as I wait for the Jappa movement.

Want to use this medium to thank us all and to encourage newbies to keep pushing. All you need for your application is here, with gurus who can guide you accordingly.

What a journey and it was worth it. So never give up. it will surely end in praises.

For those delayed, never give up.

Congratulations once again Ketima....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ddoreen1: 5:09pm On Oct 25, 2021
Pls i need assistance on how to write a convincing SOP and LoE. Kindly assist
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ddoreen1:
Pls i need assistance on how to write a convincing SOP and LoE. Kindly assist
Go through the contents in the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/688#97027510
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jaymaster18: 5:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ketima:

removing weekend and public holiday, is 6 days

Please how long did it take before u got a mail from vac that your envelope have been sent to IRCC abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ehisforever24(m): 5:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
God please grant me PPR in Jesus name, I proclaim my PPR before the end of October in Jesus name Amen

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ehisforever24(m): 5:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
Please July applicant who are awaiting PPR let's know ourselves
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Cloudweb: 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2021
July 8th Applicant.... Eligibility just started.

In God we trust!

ehisforever24:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sweetoma: 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2021
Thank you so much for the detailed response. I will do just that, are you saying by doing this I have no need to submit mine or my husbands personal account ? Submit just the GIC and the Don account. Also, will 2 landed properties and a house that is evaluated at 30m suffice as home ties ?

and quote author=Omiinii post=107043886]Yes Toma even with your GIC you need to have an account with steady flow of transactions, it just help you as an applicant. One of the most key things about funds is that you shouldn't have lump sums. As you already guessed it's a red flag. You already had a GIC done and I'm guessing that will stand as your living expenses. The rest of your funds will go towards tuition fees and flight cost. I'll advise you change and send your 10million in little denominations to your domiciliary account(for valuation sake). After the transfer you'll have about 30k + in your dom account and you will tender that along with your GIC as POF. it's easier that giving unnecessary explanation of "I SOLD LAND". The best advise is to make your application as simple as possible. I don't know if you have funding?, Applying with your family or alone, if your show academic or career intentions. All these also play a part in your TRV application.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 4gunners(m): 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2021
CalcreteJB:
Are you sponsoring yourself or you are being sponsored??

I’m sponsoring myself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chuksiesmom: 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2021
Hello. A good number of schools use Waec as their benchmark in giving an admission. The waec year should not be a problem once the university will be able to verify the results. For the study gap, you just have to give a good reason or justification for the gap and attach a cv if possible. All the best.

ModelLook:
Hello everyone. How possible is it for someone to get Bachelors Degree Admission in Canada?

What steps should the person take?

The person has good WAEC Results (2009).

The person has not worked in any company. The person has been doing business coupled with being Self Employed all this while.

Will it be possible for the person to do this?

What are the basic requirements?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Viewoliver: 6:03pm On Oct 25, 2021
ehisforever24:

20th July, Applicant
Eligibility started on 1st October.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by canada2022: 6:08pm On Oct 25, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Is your Work experience in the bank related to the program you want apply for at NBCC?

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by AnamegeNzube95: 6:13pm On Oct 25, 2021
Congratulations. Please can i talk to you directly, either WhatsApp or email

Ketima:
Finally, the Stamped passport is here and is so beautiful to behold. See ketima see Canada. if I was ever told I would be in Maple land next year, would never have imagined that, but here I'm about to head to my dreamland.

summary of my journey.

I started this journey in January 2020. Then I never knew of this beautiful home, Nairaland. I started searching for a school and researching for the Fall 2021 intake. Writing to potential supervisors sotey i got tired of writing. But in the end, one supervisor accepted ( but no funding was attached). I applied to the following school:

My School application details.

University of Manitoba: Got rejected
University of Northern British Columbia: Got Rejected
Simon Fraser University: Rejected
Cape Breton University: Admitted but not what I wanted as I wanted Masters
University of Saskatchewan: last-minute admission ( when I thought all hope was lost). It was a relief as it was my first choice, but I had to increase the number of schools applied to increase my chances.

So my newbies, please I know is money, but please do not limit your chances to just 1 school, even if you have a sweet CGPA. Even my 4.34 CGPA couldn't compete with the best CGPA's that applied.

With the late admission letter, I headed to submit my application. Mind you, I was already about to submit an application with Cape Breton University baccalaureate with all done until the last-minute master's admission. Fiam everything changed. have to start writing a new SOP, and all other documents again.

Had to use just 2weeks to do all, by then I have known niaraland and the family came to my rescue.

I ended submitting my application in late May (May 29). Then the wait began. After exactly 4months and 13 days, the dream letter landed and it was a wonderful day.

Now the journey has come to fruition and is time to return to my work in peace as I wait for the Jappa movement.

Want to use this medium to thank us all and to encourage newbies to keep pushing. All you need for your application is here, with gurus who can guide you accordingly.

What a journey and it was worth it. So never give up. it will surely end in praises.

For those delayed, never give up.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ddoreen1: 6:16pm On Oct 25, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Go through the contents in the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/688#97027510
thank you pls I need someone to verch my SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Winnn: 6:21pm On Oct 25, 2021
Lol... Am here!
ehisforever24:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2021
Are you applying with your whole family?
sweetoma:
Thank you so much for the detailed response. I will do just that, are you saying by doing this I have no need to submit mine or my husbands personal account ? Submit just the GIC and the Don account. Also, will 2 landed properties and a house that is evaluated at 30m suffice as home ties ?

and quote author=Omiinii post=107043886]Yes Toma even with your GIC you need to have an account with steady flow of transactions, it just help you as an applicant. One of the most key things about funds is that you shouldn't have lump sums. As you already guessed it's a red flag. You already had a GIC done and I'm guessing that will stand as your living expenses. The rest of your funds will go towards tuition fees and flight cost. I'll advise you change and send your 10million in little denominations to your domiciliary account(for valuation sake). After the transfer you'll have about 30k + in your dom account and you will tender that along with your GIC as POF. it's easier that giving unnecessary explanation of "I SOLD LAND". The best advise is to make your application as simple as possible. I don't know if you have funding?, Applying with your family or alone, if your show academic or career intentions. All these also play a part in your TRV application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 6:35pm On Oct 25, 2021
July 23rd, meds passed, eligibility started today.
ehisforever24:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chisolove3: 6:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
Congratulations

amblessed2021:
Wow!! God is Great!! #what God cannot do does not exist!! I give him all the glory!!
It PPR...….. Biko where is Frankrobben My consultant...…..It has happened!!
will come back for full gist...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 25, 2021
sweetoma:
Hello gurus, please Eh if I have gic key with about 11k CAD in it and a dorm account with another 10k USD in it. Do I still need to show 6months bank statement. My bank statement has regular in flow and out flow but the amount is quite low. I have an additional 10m that I got from sale of land to complete the funds for myself, hubby and my child. However i don’t know whether to pay the money into my salary account in bits. Considering that I’m hoping to apply for visa by February is it okay to put in the lump sum and explain that it was gotten from land sale. Basically my question is, with a GIC acc will the health of my account, regular in flow / outflow still be important ?
GIC just goes to show that ur living expenses 4 one year is guaranteed but u may still need to show source of income especially if u r self sponsored. there are several hurdles u have to cross in getting ur study permit.one is having enough money and proving this money is available to u 4 use.the GIC and payment of part of ur school fees plus the additional balance u have answers that but u also have to proove that u will leave Canada at the end of ur studies. this can be done by having ties like Family,Social,and Economic ties.U proving where that money is coming from to me increases ur Economic ties.

note ,some have gotten Visa without all this plenty hassle but it's good to put all ur cards on the table

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 6:57pm On Oct 25, 2021
Benquip:

Congratulations once again Ketima....

Congrats Benquip. We did it. Be going for now grin grin grin.lol. I'm coming next year. Let me take my time and round up my work.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 6:58pm On Oct 25, 2021
Jaymaster18:

Please how long did it take before u got a mail from vac that your envelope have been sent to IRCC abuja

The next day cos I sent it from ph.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by HeavenlyHolines(m): 7:00pm On Oct 25, 2021
I currently work in Kazakhstan but I want to further my studies next year in Canada maybe during spring. Please house, I need some clarification about the following questions before I proceed. I intend applying for masters of education in either Mount Saint Vincent University or Cape Breton University in Canada.
(1) Which of the above university is cheaper and better?
(2) What are the chances of going with my wife?
(3) What are my chances of going to Canada from Kazakhstan?
(4) How much is needed to facilitate the admission process or statement of account?[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:01pm On Oct 25, 2021
AnamegeNzube95:
Congratulations. Please can i talk to you directly, either WhatsApp or email

Yes. You're free. Have replied your mail. But do well to read from beginning of this thread and past thread. It will help you alot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2021
EstherAda92:
I had a similar problem when I was also submitting my Visa application, I tried several times, I called my friend in Canada who used his master card over there to pay for my application and it was submitted successfully

OK thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (834)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.