Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (851207 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:07am On Nov 24, 2021
Congratulations to you Peruxie,

It has finally ended in praise, and I am glad I was part of your success story..

The land of Canada shall favour you and your family..

Congrats once again..

Peace

peruxie:
Long Post Alert!
I said I was gonna come back �
This Canada waka has not been easy.I am a second time applicant. I used the service of an immigration lawyer in Canada for my first application. I was devastated after spending hugely ( over 500k)for my refused application. Shortly after using the services of the imm lawyer was when google brought me to Nairaland platform. So immediately after my refusal I contacted justmellow on Nairaland but fully engage him through his social media page on Twitter/IG @GCMSWriters after seeing an impressive review about him here.The rest is now history. Glory be to God.

1st application

Applied - January 15th 2021
Refusal - May 27th 2021
Biometrics –january 21, 2021
Medicals – Upfront
Eligibility Start: not sure cos my lawyer took charge of the IRCC account

Reasons from notes ordered- source of family’s income was unclear.
It was unclear whether funds provided will be available for studies.
Motivation to pursue studies was unreasonable.
Study plan was general .

2nd application

Applied - August 8, 2021
Eligibility review- November 8,2021
MeDical updated- November 22, 2021
PPR- November 23, 2021.

Our gurus on this platform are not getting enough exposure and support because these guys are awesome. @Justmellow also guided me on how to withdraw the service of the immigration lawyer and came up with quite an approach as if he was an IRCC rep. I screamed when I saw the approved message. It was like I was shocked by an electricity leak. Lol

How I addressed the reasons for refusal ,
I contacted @justmellow for assistance. He went for his application guide & advice services and he also wrote my SOP and LOE ( as they said the initial one I did was general) And he also advised on extra documents I could add to back up my application.

As par my family establishment ..I added my dad’s retirement letter and also provided CAC for his new business of which luckily I had a stake in( even though the business no dey function)
As par funds not sure of being available- I provided my payslips for 6months to show source of funds( I didn’t submit my payslips in first application), 6 months MBS of my accounts.)
As par motivation for studies- it was clearly narrated in my SOP by @justmellow. In the process of waiting for my application to be approved, I requested my GCMS notes from justmellow website www.gcmswriters.com

Documents used

All the IMM forms
Letter of Recommendation from local government chairman
Undergraduate degree certificate
NYSC Certificate
SSCE/WAEC
WES Certificate
Study Leave letter from my office
Letter of Introduction from my office
Offer of Employment from my office
Payslips 6 months
Work ID Card
MyBankStatement salary account - 2m
MyBankStatement Savings account -6m
Mutual funds -350k
Pension Funds - 5.5m
First Semester Tuition Fee Payment
Bank Letter of Reference savings account
Letter of Support (Father)
Deed of Assignment and valuation Documents
My Car Pictures and it’s documents
Affidavit of support from dad
Retirement Letter of dad and certificate of Service CAC Business Registration documents and Business ID Card for dad
Birth certificate for dad and siblings
My resume
Police report.

I want to use this medium to thank justmellow for his efforts put in my application though it was paid and also for having a listening ear…also to the angels in this forum like Makano, frankrobbn, anon123 etc for helping in one way or the other through their questions and solutions to them, I say thank you and to the creator of this Nairaland forum too. It’s been a long journey but thank God it ended well. Pardon me if there are any typos, abeg manage the reading like that. It is still a dream. Thank you mellow.

WHAT GOD CANNOT DO TRULY DOESN’T EXIST

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 11:07am On Nov 24, 2021
Hello good people of nairaland,

i have succeeded in gathering all the reqd documents for my student visa application. Pls how do i begin the process of application. I hear some talk about NSE route, is that still valid or should i go thru GCkey. Pls reply. I need your help abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 11:08am On Nov 24, 2021

i have succeeded in gathering all the reqd documents for my student visa application. Pls how do i begin the process of application. I hear some talk about NSE route, is that still valid or should i go thru GCkey. Pls reply. I need your help abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:08am On Nov 24, 2021
Hello Chi

NSE route isn't required.

Yes, you can go through GCkey..

Peace
Chiziteremary:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 11:11am On Nov 24, 2021
thanks a lot for your prompt response peace. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 11:13am On Nov 24, 2021
Please i have another question if u dont mind. I have read the timelines of the people that got ppr. I havent seen anyone who made payment for accommodation or made any accommodation arrangements before ppr landed. Is that not a requirement for obtaining student visa. Pls reply biko
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dollymon: 11:28am On Nov 24, 2021
Making payments for accomadion is not a criteria for getting a visa but they will want to see that you have the living expenses available.
Chiziteremary:
Please i have another question if u dont mind. I have read the timelines of the people that got ppr. I havent seen anyone who made payment for accommodation or made any accommodation arrangements before ppr landed. Is that not a requirement for obtaining student visa. Pls reply biko
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gregoma(m): 11:44am On Nov 24, 2021
Good day all, for someone travelling with kids (8yrs & 6yrs) for studies who are americans that were not included in the study permit applications, what are the requirements to enable them travel and live in Canada for the duration of studies? If this was your situation or know anyone that was in a similar situation, your advise will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 11:48am On Nov 24, 2021
peruxie:
Long Post Alert!
I said I was gonna come back �
This Canada waka has not been easy.I am a second time applicant. I used the service of an immigration lawyer in Canada for my first application. I was devastated after spending hugely ( over 500k)for my refused application. Shortly after using the services of the imm lawyer was when google brought me to Nairaland platform. So immediately after my refusal I contacted justmellow on Nairaland but fully engage him through his social media page on Twitter/IG @GCMSWriters after seeing an impressive review about him here.The rest is now history. Glory be to God.

1st application

Applied - January 15th 2021
Refusal - May 27th 2021
Biometrics –january 21, 2021
Medicals – Upfront
Eligibility Start: not sure cos my lawyer took charge of the IRCC account

Reasons from notes ordered- source of family’s income was unclear.
It was unclear whether funds provided will be available for studies.
Motivation to pursue studies was unreasonable.
Study plan was general .

2nd application

Applied - August 8, 2021
Eligibility review- November 8,2021
MeDical updated- November 22, 2021
PPR- November 23, 2021.

Our gurus on this platform are not getting enough exposure and support because these guys are awesome. @Justmellow also guided me on how to withdraw the service of the immigration lawyer and came up with quite an approach as if he was an IRCC rep. I screamed when I saw the approved message. It was like I was shocked by an electricity leak. Lol

How I addressed the reasons for refusal ,
I contacted @justmellow for assistance. He went for his application guide & advice services and he also wrote my SOP and LOE ( as they said the initial one I did was general) And he also advised on extra documents I could add to back up my application.

As par my family establishment ..I added my dad’s retirement letter and also provided CAC for his new business of which luckily I had a stake in( even though the business no dey function)
As par funds not sure of being available- I provided my payslips for 6months to show source of funds( I didn’t submit my payslips in first application), 6 months MBS of my accounts.)
As par motivation for studies- it was clearly narrated in my SOP by @justmellow. In the process of waiting for my application to be approved, I requested my GCMS notes from justmellow website www.gcmswriters.com

Documents used

All the IMM forms
Letter of Recommendation from local government chairman
Undergraduate degree certificate
NYSC Certificate
SSCE/WAEC
WES Certificate
Study Leave letter from my office
Letter of Introduction from my office
Offer of Employment from my office
Payslips 6 months
Work ID Card
MyBankStatement salary account - 2m
MyBankStatement Savings account -6m
Mutual funds -350k
Pension Funds - 5.5m
First Semester Tuition Fee Payment
Bank Letter of Reference savings account
Letter of Support (Father)
Deed of Assignment and valuation Documents
My Car Pictures and it’s documents
Affidavit of support from dad
Retirement Letter of dad and certificate of Service CAC Business Registration documents and Business ID Card for dad
Birth certificate for dad and siblings
My resume
Police report.

I want to use this medium to thank justmellow for his efforts put in my application though it was paid and also for having a listening ear…also to the angels in this forum like Makano, frankrobbn, anon123 etc for helping in one way or the other through their questions and solutions to them, I say thank you and to the creator of this Nairaland forum too. It’s been a long journey but thank God it ended well. Pardon me if there are any typos, abeg manage the reading like that. It is still a dream. Thank you mellow.

WHAT GOD CANNOT DO TRULY DOESN’T EXIST

Awww... Am blushing.. Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 11:52am On Nov 24, 2021
omodunniolaiya:
hello everyone! please I am in trouble. I applied for my permit in may and did my biometrics as well. recently I received a request letter for payment receipt in September. I did that and then on Monday I received a procedural fairness letter saying if I don't explain why the payment was invalid and pay the money I will be refused and not allowed to apply for 5 years. please after making a second payment, what documents do I submit to make sure i will be accepted for visa. because the message they sent is very serious. I do not know the issue with any of the payments because they were all approved by them but nevertheless I will pay again. along with new proof of payment, what else will I submit as an explanation for the previous payment invalidity? please this is urgent, I have till December 7 to reply

Who made the payment the first time? was it you or a third party?

Now you have paid, attach the receipt with an explanation to why the first didnt go. Ensure you mention who paid which led to you not realizing the payment probably bounced back.

Also, in your explanation, ensure you mention every detail on the receipt of this new payment including date and time.

NOTE: MAKE SURE THIS PAYMENT IS DONE BY YOU AND YOU ALONE!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 24, 2021
Good day. Please I want to order for gcms note. Where do I use that wouldn't delay like most sites do recently? Please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 11:57am On Nov 24, 2021
Blazca:
Good day. Please I want to order for gcms note. Where do I use that wouldn't delay like most sites do recently? Please

The standard processing time for gcms note is 30-40days and it applies to all means used cos its coming from one source-IRCC.

You can make use of third party sites like gcmsnote.com,gcmsbuddy etc or i can apply for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by NorthernshoreTS(m): 11:58am On Nov 24, 2021
Hello Everyone

Its been a minute since my last post here. First off congratulations to everyone who's received PPR, May Canada favor y'all. For who are awaiting decisions, keep the faith and for those who have been delayed, remember that delay isnt denial.

So I am just about to start the actual application for my wife's study permit. The delay is as a result of making sure all necessary documents are in order. I have a little issue for which I seek guidance. We intend including our 5yr old daughter who is a US citizen, in my wife's application. The issue is her passport expired last week. I thought renewing US passport here in Nigeria who be easy but the closest date we got for an appointment is 20 Jan 2022. Note that it takes about 2-3weeks for issuance after appointment.

My question is this; What do we do now? Can we just go ahead and apply for my wife? Do we indicate in her application that she intends to go with our daughter? If our daughter's passport number is asked for to be included in the application, do we just indicate the expired passport number?

Please house, would appreciate some direction on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2021
Can I mail you please?
Anon123:

The standard processing time for gcms note is 30-40days and it applies to all means used cos its coming from one source-IRCC.

You can make use of third party sites like gcmsnote.com,gcmsbuddy etc or i can apply for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 12:10pm On Nov 24, 2021
Many thanks for your response dollymon. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 12:17pm On Nov 24, 2021
Hello NorthernShore TS,

The fact that your daughters US passport is expired should not affect your application in my thinking. I know that US citizens do not need a visa to go to Canada. i beleive the most important thing is to attach her birth certificate which shows she's a citizen. U can also state that you are in the process of renewing her passport. Even if they will be needing u to send the passport, i beleive that will be later when the ppr has been approved.

I am not a guru. Pls let the gurus respond too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jollytravels: 12:57pm On Nov 24, 2021
NorthernshoreTS:
Hello Everyone

Its been a minute since my last post here. First off congratulations to everyone who's received PPR, May Canada favor y'all. For who are awaiting decisions, keep the faith and for those who have been delayed, remember that delay isnt denial.

So I am just about to start the actual application for my wife's study permit. The delay is as a result of making sure all necessary documents are in order. I have a little issue for which I seek guidance. We intend including our 5yr old daughter who is a US citizen, in my wife's application. The issue is her passport expired last week. I thought renewing US passport here in Nigeria who be easy but the closest date we got for an appointment is 20 Jan 2022. Note that it takes about 2-3weeks for issuance after appointment.

My question is this; What do we do now? Can we just go ahead and apply for my wife? Do we indicate in her application that she intends to go with our daughter? If our daughter's passport number is asked for to be included in the application, do we just indicate the expired passport number?

Please house, would appreciate some direction on this.

Let me quickly chip in this ...your wife should be your main focus cos of her study permit application... you may want to make mention of your daughter as accompanying your wife in her SOP...and in the documents submission for your wife you can just include her birth cert...you dont need to include her US passport since she doesn't need a visa to enter Canada.

From my experience I just added my daughter US birth cert in my application...and take note renewal of Us passport is 13days ...I did the renewal some few months ago in abuja...you may try checking abuja appointments for earlier dates.

And let's say paraventure they will ask for it Jan is round the corner maybe you would have gotten it then..but I strongly believe they may not ask for it...

Goodluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JosephYemsol(m): 1:30pm On Nov 24, 2021
Foski01:
Didn'tget you mail...

Just mailed you...
I also didn't get your email.

WhatsApp contact?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by LadyIE: 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
Good day all. Been a silent reader for a while. Although my application isn’t study visa but SOWP

*Timeline*

Biometrics: 2019
Medical : Upfront
Applied: 17 February,2021
PPR: 23 November , 2021

Thanks all

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by amblessed2021: 3:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
Congrats

LadyIE:
Good day all. Been a silent reader for a while. Although my application isn’t study visa but SOWP

*Timeline*

Thanks all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MrDexter(m): 3:37pm On Nov 24, 2021
lobinche101:
PTA IS PERSONAL TRAVEL ALLOWANCE. YOU GET DOLLAR FROM THE BANK WHEN YOU HAVE A VALID VISA AND RETURN FLIGHT TICKET FROM THE BANK. FEW DAYS AGO SOME FEW BANKS RENEGOTIATED THEIR CONDITIONS FOR PURCHASE OF BTA OR PTA AND NIGERIAN STUDENTS CAN NOW BUY PTA WITH A SINGLE TICKET BUT FLIGHT MUST BE MORE THAN 5 HRS.
PEACE

Please which bank can I buy PTA with a single ticket?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sweetness24: 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2021
Congratulations to you,what a long wait,pls drop document submitted
LadyIE:

*Timeline*

Thanks all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 4:41pm On Nov 24, 2021
You can buy PTA from StanbicIBTC with your one way ticket. Dont know of any other bank. Im sure of Stanbic

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by LadyIE: 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
Thanks
amblessed2021:
Congrats

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
A friend of mine went to Stanbic, and they refused him with a one-way ticket. They told him things had changed.

Chiziteremary:
You can buy PTA from StanbicIBTC with your one way ticket. Dont know of any other bank. Im sure of Stanbic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by purespikes: 5:34pm On Nov 24, 2021
Good day people, who can give me a plug for affordable Police Character Certificate in Abuja? It is urgent please

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 5:40pm On Nov 24, 2021
But you didn’t answer the questions they asked you ?

You need support here so provide details…
Was the payment done by you or Agent ?
omodunniolaiya:

thanks so much, I will reach out to her
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sweetchi2411: 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2021
Sleekcee:
PPR ALERT!!!
They have said YES, not by process but by mercy for what God cannot do does not exist. This is a dream come through and I return all the glory to God for his mercies and favour.
My Timeline
1st Application:1st September 2020,
I knew I had some errors and omissions which I noticed later but God perfected them all. Thanks to everyone that has kept this platform alive by sharing information and experiences here, they were helpful. I wish everyone on the waiting list success. It has ended in praise.

Congratulations!

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (834)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.