Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,723 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (666) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (848496 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bigsolo: 11:05pm On Dec 05, 2021
Problem is not green passport, but traveling through Nigeria.
Ghana is not on the list yet, but should a Ghanaian come to Nigeria going to Canada, he/she will be turned back.

theboyy:
Mehn with this ban, people like me who are planning to leave this December God angry why is it a crime to have a green passport lmao.

For everyone else who is delayed by this what do you suggest is a solution? Going to a different country to stay for 14 days and leave from there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ifyonyem1: 11:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
Gift212:
Lol yes. They deny people from boarding from Nigeria sef. The person left way too early, 7 months early? That's too much.

I know about the Nigerian own but have you witnessed or experienced someone who was denied on transit by a different country entirely that isn't even his or her final destination country that's my question ?
According to her she used Lufthansa
And was returned in germany
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gift212: 11:23pm On Dec 05, 2021
I got your question, and my answer is still yes. Airlines can deny boarding (departure point or in transit) for any number of reasons, the same way border officers can deny entry. And sometimes they can be overzealous (or the R-word), or may not know the immigration policies of the destination country. But in the case of Canada, especially with covid (before the ban), they allowed students in 4 weeks (I believe) before school begins. Also at the port of entry, you're given a student permit, so what justification do you have for having a student permit when you're not yet a student? What grounds would you be in the country on? So on this basis boarding may be denied at any point.
Ifyonyem1:

I know about the Nigerian own but have you witnessed or experienced someone who was denied on transit by a different country entirely that isn't even his or her final destination country that's my question ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by WisdomNG: 11:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
Hello Patdenzii02, Congrats and thanks for sharing this. Your post just gave me some level of hope, My visa application was also rejected in 2017 by the US embassy. I am supposed to start my studies in Jan 2022 (Humber College) but no show yet. A lot of thought has been going on in my head, but with this your post, my US visa denial will no longer be part of them.
Patdenzii02:
It's PPR!
He is a miracle working God, my ocean divider, he who breaks protocol for my sake and corrects all my mistake to perfection. I give him all the glory for a perfect Sunday morning gift.
I have been a silent reader, discovered this thread after submitting my application and I was sad because I missed a lot of things on my application especially my compressed financial document which was not clear enough after compressing it, but I keep my hopes high while taking notes of what I missed paraventure I need to reapply.
I want to thank everyone here for your post and comments as it became the source of strength for me these past weeks while tapping into people's testimony and learning from questions being asked.
Here is my timeline.
Application submitted = Sept 25th 2021
Biometrics done= Sept 27th 2021
Biometrics updated = Sept 27th 2021
Upfront Medical passed = Oct 25th 2021
Correspondence letter= Dec 01 2021
PPR= Dec 05 2021
First time applicant. I have been to UAE once 2014, US rejected application 2017.
MBA program in UCW Jan 2022 intake.
To God be the glory.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jephehe: 11:53pm On Dec 05, 2021
https:///CKYtczboQTjEkTVvOwOOxo

theboyy:

This link isn’t working
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jephehe: 11:57pm On Dec 05, 2021
theboyy:

This link isn’t working

Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///CKYtczboQTjEkTVvOwOOxo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by feistymikey(m): 11:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
Congratulations bro
Patdenzii02:
It's PPR!
He is a miracle working God, my ocean divider, he who breaks protocol for my sake and corrects all my mistake to perfection. I give him all the glory for a perfect Sunday morning gift.
I have been a silent reader, discovered this thread after submitting my application and I was sad because I missed a lot of things on my application especially my compressed financial document which was not clear enough after compressing it, but I keep my hopes high while taking notes of what I missed paraventure I need to reapply.
I want to thank everyone here for your post and comments as it became the source of strength for me these past weeks while tapping into people's testimony and learning from questions being asked.
Here is my timeline.
Application submitted = Sept 25th 2021
Biometrics done= Sept 27th 2021
Biometrics updated = Sept 27th 2021
Upfront Medical passed = Oct 25th 2021
Correspondence letter= Dec 01 2021
PPR= Dec 05 2021
First time applicant. I have been to UAE once 2014, US rejected application 2017.
MBA program in UCW Jan 2022 intake.
To God be the glory.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by WisdomNG: 12:01am On Dec 06, 2021
Yes, A friend of mine witnessed someone that was sent back to Nigeria from Addis Ababa. When they stopped Nigerians with COPR from coming into Canada in March this year.
Ifyonyem1:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by WisdomNG: 12:15am On Dec 06, 2021
Hello Gurus,

Please I need your help!!!

I submitted my application on the 16th of November 2021 and did my Biometrics on the 18th. Now I missed a call from an MTN 08039008281 on the 30th of November 2021 and when i checked the number on truecaller, it says Canadian Visa. I haven't gotten any correspondence or email from IRCC and i am supposed to start my studies in Jan 2020 (Humber College).

Please should I be worried?

Because i tried calling back and the number wasn't reachable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by phaeedat95: 12:27am On Dec 06, 2021
Update be say her flight na 11:40pm...she got in it safely without airport stress. Her luggage was a bit overweight and she dropped some stuffs they took off some minutes ago...Next update will be after she lands in Mexico by God's grace.

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gift212: 12:31am On Dec 06, 2021
Great to hear! Safe trip to your sister, and thank you for the update
phaeedat95:
Update be say her flight na 11:40pm...she got in it safely without airport stress. Her luggage was a bit overweight and she dropped some stuffs they took off some minutes ago...Next update will be after she lands in Mexico by God's grace.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Raeinn: 1:02am On Dec 06, 2021
Akupuncture:
Please where do you give biometrics in Abuja. I searched online and found 2 different addresses:
VFS Global Application Center
3rd Floor, Plot, Sterling Bank Plaza, 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District 900211, Abuja, Nigeria

*and*

Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja, Silverbird Entertainment Centre, 1161 Memorial Drive, Central Business District, Abuja, Nigeria

Also, is prior appointment required to give biometrics?

Hi
The first address (sterling bank plaza) is the correct location.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 1:11am On Dec 06, 2021
Hello Akannitommy,
That is fine... let's connect

Akannitommy:
Hi,

Good to hear this. Can you connect with me please and @viviangogos? My family was booked on Lufthansa too but we shifted the flight just to see how things are going. Also, to get travel authorization renewed for my son who has a visitor visa. There is a Whatsapp group for those of us caught in the ban already and exploring different legitimate option out. I am really interested in the Mexico via Lufthansa route as I fear our people will soon spoil the Cotonou and Ghana route with fake fake!! Please accept my PM and let's connect. @viviangogos, I will connect with you too, just in case.

Thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 1:21am On Dec 06, 2021
Why a WhatsApp group, what's wrong with this forum? Whatever information can be shared here please. Let's not destroy the purpose of this forum

Jephehe:

https:///CKYtczboQTjEkTVvOwOOxo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 1:21am On Dec 06, 2021
Great to hear... thanks for the update

phaeedat95:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ditha(f): 1:59am On Dec 06, 2021
Lol, I don't know about you,but, in my school, you can work unlimited hours on campus. The 20hours limit is for "off-campus" jobs.

deepwater:

A faster means to get deported you mean?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ditha(f): 2:01am On Dec 06, 2021
Hi,
Talk to your school's international students advisor and confirm how many hours you can work on campus versus off campus.

raimiade11:
Please what jobs can a student do that will make him receive cash. I mean job that would be there apart from the 20 hours weekly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akannitommy: 2:09am On Dec 06, 2021
Great. I sent you a DM request. We are all waiting for the landing gist in Mexico. Thanks for the update.

phaeedat95:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akannitommy: 2:10am On Dec 06, 2021
Great. I sent you a DM request already. Thanks.

viviangogos:
Hello Akannitommy,
That is fine... let's connect

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 2:50am On Dec 06, 2021
Ikechi12:
Hi! I am going to Mexico city via Lufthansa too.
when will you be going , we have a group on WhatsApp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 2:51am On Dec 06, 2021
Mexico has a group on WhatsApp too. Don’t hesitate to link up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akanoa: 5:12am On Dec 06, 2021
Aijay26:
Hello Aijay26, I sent you a pm, kindly add me to the group. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by skull4eva: 5:20am On Dec 06, 2021
Ifyonyem1:

The answer is yes i was denied boarding a month and 4days to my start of classes. My initial flight was 27th july to start classes 1st sept have to move the date forward with another 400k to august 3rd even at that turkish airline still wanted to send me back in instanbul until they got a feed back from their supposed CBSA for clearance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lydiesoft1: 6:37am On Dec 06, 2021
Though who booked flight through Ethiopian airline, what are we going to do? Is there any group chat for us? My flight was supposed to be this Saturday 11th December

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ifeolu234: 6:46am On Dec 06, 2021
sent you an email request
Aijay26:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ronsfav: 6:55am On Dec 06, 2021
Hello @Ikechi12,

Please I sent you a mail. Thanks

Ikechi12:
Hi! I am going to Mexico city via Lufthansa too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ifeolu234: 6:55am On Dec 06, 2021
Please what's the address of the Lufthansa airlines office in Lagos? Seeing two addresses online, one in VI, another in Ikoyi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 6:56am On Dec 06, 2021
Wish her journey mercies. We await the landing gist.

phaeedat95:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 6:58am On Dec 06, 2021
No mine was 3weeks, had some pple who got theirs in 2wks.

viviangogos:
I am asking if it was two weeks apart?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 7:03am On Dec 06, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akannitommy: 7:11am On Dec 06, 2021
This is another scary part. My brother was just relating his awareness of this happening to Nigerians coming Canada during the previous ban. He said these were people who went through 3rd countries. So I wonder what will happen this time around. If Indians with student visas were able to use 3rd countries to enter Canada, why not Nigerians with COPR, back then?

WisdomNG:
Yes, A friend of mine witnessed someone that was sent back to Nigeria from Addis Ababa. When they stopped Nigerians with COPR from coming into Canada in March this year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SomBaby(f): 7:35am On Dec 06, 2021
Ifyonyem1:

Th

I think the issue is not necessary the time but the session..for eg applying for 2022 session, getting ur visa and not waiting for the 2022 to start before traveling... something like that. Like you stated, she traveled ahead of the study calendar...?

(1) (2) (3) ... (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) ... (834)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.