Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (778) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (848550 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Toceenay(m): 2:53pm On Jan 11, 2022
bola01234:

Thanks for the heads up.
Thats pretty nice .
whats the best resumptions to choose this year
June or september
I'll personally suggest September so far you've not applied to the school and this is January.
Standard processing time for visa application is 3 months or longer, with the usual delay and time needed to prepare for your journey, it's advisable you go for September intake.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Masterlee13: 3:00pm On Jan 11, 2022
My refusal letter came in today. First time applicant.
Applied August 26,2021.
Reason is based on personal asset and finance status.
I have already order my GCMS note to see the reasons in details before I re-tackle it.
We move and I know it PPR in my next application.
I will appreciate everyone contribution.
I really appreciate everyone for their efforts and for everything I have learnt so far from this group. The likes of Frankrobbn, makano, lekkibobbe, anon, ketima, tinakem, timenzo etc.
To everyone awaiting I wish you PPR and to those in maple land I wish you all success. We go meet soonest.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 3:04pm On Jan 11, 2022
omoboriowoJay:
Please Guys,

Is Ontario graduate certificate the same as having a master degree.

i can also see Ontario diploma and Ontario certificate but i am not sure what they really mean.

Can someone help me out with an explanation please

No it is not the same, but a degree holder can go for both and it also depends on your profile e.g Grades, work experience, education gap etc.

2.2, HND holders, graduates whose work experience is not related to their degree are those who mostly go for ONTARIO Graduate Certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kankanio: 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2022
I got my approval at 44. You’re not 44 yet.

bola01234:
Pls Guys i was with some travel agents and i was been told my age has a 50/50 chance of getting visa but told me to apply for Uk Universities

I would be 43 this year.
I want to be sure before i proceed with applications.
I trust your judgment guys..
Thank

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2022
Congratulations!!!
Glory be to God!

BAsunshine:
So, I finally got my BVL/Correspondence letter today.

This is my timeline and the documents I submitted.

Application submitted; 28th October
Biometrics; 2nd November
Upfront Medicals; 15th October(submitted with application)
Medical Request; 23rd of December, I had submitted so I raised a webform with a new link my friend sent and they updated it on the 24th of December.
PPR; 5th January
BVL; 10th January

Documents Submitted-
Under Client Information;
Birth certificate
Degree Certificate
Police Certificate
Statement of Purpose
NYSC Certificate
Correspondence from places I’ve worked; (Aknowledgement letter and Employment letter for when I get back from my current job and a reference letter from my previous job)
My Current job is my dad’s company and I wrote in my SOP that I’ll be working there after I leave Canada and would subsequently take over the company when my dad retires.
Letter of Sponsorship from my dad.
University Transcript (BSc)
IELTS
Upfront Medical Form
Vaccination Card (Take this to your medical appointment instead)

Under Proof of Means of Financial Support;
Sponsor’s funds; mybankStatement(MBS) of two company accounts and one personal account, all my father’s. (40m)
CAC documents to back up company ownership claim
Reference Letters from all 3 Banks
School Receipt for 4k CAD deposit
Landed Property documents (3)

Personal funds; a fixed deposit certificate of 1.5 million, I explained in my SOP how I came about the money. I figured since I’m 25, I should have some funds of my own.

Also I did a table of content for the documents submitted at the end of the SOP before my final statement.

When I eventually travel in April, I’ll drop landing gist lol.
Thank you all for the helpful messages. I kept reading through the thread for ideas during my application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kankanio: 3:39pm On Jan 11, 2022
Sorry about the slight delay. This would be resolved once the GCMS note is here.

Masterlee13:
Applied August 26,2021.
I have already order my GCMS note to see the reasons in details before I re-tackle it.
I really appreciate everyone for their efforts and for everything I have learnt so far from this group. The likes of Frankrobbn, makano, lekkibobbe, anon, ketima, tinakem, timenzo etc.
To everyone awaiting I wish you PPR and to those in maple land I wish you all success. We go meet soonest.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jonaholorun(m): 3:46pm On Jan 11, 2022
O sorry about that. I would suggest you visit another branch or it may be a network problem for that feature, you may want to consult them first thing tomorrow morning.

Grace!

NmaEbube:
I’m at the bank currently and they said it’s saying error.. since morning. The updated mobile app doesn’t come with the MBS anymore
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 3:55pm On Jan 11, 2022
Masterlee13:
Applied August 26,2021.

So sorry about the delay. is just temporary. Happy you have ordered for your note. When it arrives, you will surely get the help you need from here ok.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lani84: 3:56pm On Jan 11, 2022
Ketima:

If your timeline has exceeded the timeframe, bombard them with mails as reminder. Hope you have your application number? Cos you need to include that in your mails and webform.

So please don't mind the agent. The ball is in your court. Let me use mine as a lesson. I sent mail and webform to IRCC sotey they have to call me on phone requesting I send my passport to them before dropping PPR in my GCKey.

So no one gets punished for sending countless mails. If your application is on the approval queue, it will be approved. Mails do not make them to change the decision already taken.

See ehn, the bolded is always a worry of mine. My sister's re-application is still very fresh (less than 2 weeks) but I get stressed when I see people saying they send emails 3 times a day. I feel like VOs are only human beings with small power and they will just deny the visa because the disturbance is too much LOL. Thanks for explaining it

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 3:58pm On Jan 11, 2022
Congratulations once again!
May the land of Canada favour you may God grant us that are still waiting PPR...Amen!

blueyuchay:
Landing gist!!!!

I used Egyptair. Left by 2:30pm on Friday Jan 7 through Abuja. I was asked to print all my required docs so they can scan it - Covid test results, ArriveCAN, school fees receipt, enrollment letter.
My luggage was not searched.
Arrived Cairo for 5 hrs layover by 8:40pm.
Boarded for Toronto from Cairo by 2am and I was asked for Covid test results and ArriveCAN before boarding.

Arrived Toronto 7am. Joined the queue where I had to self register my travel docs and I got a receipt.

After that, I joined another queue where they asked for my receipt, passport and ArriveCAN. Then I was asked to join another queue to get my study permit.

I was asked for my study permit approval letter (letter you get on your account after your passport has been stamped). Because I didn’t have a physical copy, they asked for my passport and I was asked to wait with others.
Then my name was called, I went to meet the lady, she asked my school name, course name and if my classes have started. Then gave me my study permit.

From there I went to pick up my luggage, then I was directed to where I submitted my receipt and exited the airport.

Please I’m available for more info if you have questions. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 4:05pm On Jan 11, 2022
I thought of this too recently cos i've been seeing people relocating or making plans to relocate from the U.K to Canada.

Anyways it'll all end in praise.

matthew080:
But wait ooo

Why are peeps running from UK to Canada,
As UK turned hell
Why
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Greeklinkweek: 4:06pm On Jan 11, 2022
Hi Bola01234,
You can consider some programs such as:
MSc Supply Chain Management - University of Manitoba - September intake (colder province)

Masters of Management Logistics and Supply Chain Management - University of Windsor - September and January intake (laidback town)

International Business Management - Ontario College Graduate Certificate (1Year and can be used to apply for your Permanent Residency) -
https://www.mohawkcollege.ca/programs/graduate-studies/international-business-management-116 (highly competitive province + opportunities)

However, there're other questions that would have guided me more appropriately .... such as
When did you obtain your HND?
Are you well prepared to write a convincing SOP (no excuses in your write-up, projecting your motivations, pitch your profile e.t.c.?
Primary purpose of a graduate study (permanent residency-japa e.t.c.)

A friend of mine used an Educational Firm in Canada (email: contact@1grad.ca) and it was a positive experience. They actually offered all the process for free, except when he wanted someone in the firm to write his Statement of Purpose for him.

Most of my contributions are a mixed of the material shared from the firm and personal experiences too - (https://www.1grad.ca/post/5-major-considerations-for-selecting-the-right-master-s-degree-program-in-canada-2022)

bola01234:

i would like to read from you, i have a 2.51 in Hnd marketing
and right now ..am into logistcs and supply.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by nwizu042: 4:09pm On Jan 11, 2022
nwizu042:
Good day guys. Please I need your input on this. I applied for a top-up degree in 2015 and after my medicals I was asked to deposit the equivalent of Cad2500 at the time to a Canadian account because of the forex policy of the buhari government and was denied because I couldn't come up with it.
Fast forward to now and I have no tangible work. I have hustled, done Uber and done almost everything to survive. Now I am interested in applying again and leaving the country but don't even know where to start. I would like to try the top up nursing degree at university of Lethbridge in Canada because it is cheap though I really don't know so much about it.
My background information are
Btech surveying and geoinformatics.
Degree class- 2:2
Available fund kpata kpata #2.5 ( I lost my hustle last year November and this is practically all I have now)

I need serious advice because omo frustration is creeping in. I need a general advice even if it means looking at other study destinations.
I was almost pressured to look at instanbul.

Please gurus in the house, even if you will insult me please leave a good advice at the end of the insults. Thank you.

Guys, please take a look
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by nwizu042: 4:11pm On Jan 11, 2022
nwizu042:
Good day guys. Please I need your input on this. I applied for a top-up degree in 2015 and after my medicals I was asked to deposit the equivalent of Cad2500 at the time to a Canadian account because of the forex policy of the buhari government and was denied because I couldn't come up with it.
Fast forward to now and I have no tangible work. I have hustled, done Uber and done almost everything to survive. Now I am interested in applying again and leaving the country but don't even know where to start. I would like to try the top up nursing degree at university of Lethbridge in Canada because it is cheap though I really don't know so much about it.
My background information are
Btech surveying and geoinformatics.
Degree class- 2:2
Available fund kpata kpata #2.5 ( I lost my hustle last year November and this is practically all I have now)

I need serious advice because omo frustration is creeping in. I need a general advice even if it means looking at other study destinations.
I was almost pressured to look at instanbul.

Please gurus in the house, even if you will insult me please leave a good advice at the end of the insults. Thank you.

Guys, please take a look.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 4:14pm On Jan 11, 2022
Congratulations!!!
It can only be God. cheesy

SwayB:
Hello guys. PPR came in today. Already began online lectures today. The feeling is insane. I will drop my timeline soon. Please how do i send my passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lani84: 4:16pm On Jan 11, 2022
Anon123:

You are the one to specify the duration you wish them to see either 6months or 1yr

Thanks for responding!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 19CannyMum: 4:20pm On Jan 11, 2022
Is Nairobi's mailbox really full or they've blocked my email address? grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2022
I can imagine...they'll be like "lets settle this person so we can rest for him/her" lmao grin grin grin

Ketima:

If your timeline has exceeded the timeframe, bombard them with mails as reminder. Hope you have your application number? Cos you need to include that in your mails and webform.

So please don't mind the agent. The ball is in your court. Let me use mine as a lesson. I sent mail and webform to IRCC sotey they have to call me on phone requesting I send my passport to them before dropping PPR in my GCKey.

So no one gets punished for sending countless mails. If your application is on the approval queue, it will be approved. Mails do not make them to change the decision already taken.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 4:32pm On Jan 11, 2022
Lol
Their emails dn hear am with the number of emails from applicants in a day... grin grin grin grin

19CannyMum:
Is Nairobi's mailbox really full or they've blocked my email address? grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teekay20: 4:32pm On Jan 11, 2022
Thank you so much for the response.Pls I do have another question, my daddy and my fiance are my sponsors now, please am I going to fill the Statutory declaration form and click on common law on the martial status since we are yet to get married? Thank you so much.
EyinjuGod:
Yes for both bio metrics and Visa

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by etzskillz(m): 4:40pm On Jan 11, 2022
justwise:
This is part 20

Part 19 here for reference purposes https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

Visit Canadian embassy website here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp for more information and updates

Good luck to all TRV hopefuls and to many of you here helping out with answers and words of encouragement a massive thank you to everyone of you, your efforts here contribute to the success of this thread.

hello sir, please how can I reach you personally?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Predator188: 4:46pm On Jan 11, 2022
dammy135:
Got this from IRCC this morning after sending them mail for update on my application.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We’re experiencing a high volume of requests, so our response may be delayed. We’ll respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.

If you have an application in process, you can:

· check your application status online or

· request a change of address

Our agents do not have access to more information about your case status or processing times than you can access online. The processing office will contact you if further information is needed.

For more information, you can:

· get general information about our programs,

find an application package or form, and
· find answers to common questions in our Help Centre.

We understand that timely access to client support is important. Thank you for your patience.

Please do not reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
I don't think they have responded to your inquiry or they may respond later

See a different response below based on enquiry for checking status of student visa applications of another person

See a different response below

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MamateesLababy: 4:46pm On Jan 11, 2022
It’s PPR!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Jesus.
I’m sooo happy.
Will share my timeline shortly.
God will do it for everyone waiting too.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 4:51pm On Jan 11, 2022
MamateesLababy:
It’s PPR!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Jesus.
I’m sooo happy.

Congratulations to you!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gbenag2000: 4:58pm On Jan 11, 2022
Congratulations to you. May applicant still waiting
MamateesLababy:
It’s PPR!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Jesus.
I’m sooo happy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MamateesLababy: 5:06pm On Jan 11, 2022
kennyjoy:

Congratulations to you!!!

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MamateesLababy: 5:07pm On Jan 11, 2022
Gbenag2000:
Congratulations to you. May applicant still waiting

Thank you! God will do it for you too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bola01234: 5:07pm On Jan 11, 2022
SwayB:

My TimeLine
Applied 27th August, 2021.
Upfront Medical was done in July
Submitted Docs: The IMM forms, SOP, Waec result, Transcripts, Employment Letter, Study Leave Letter, Sponsor's Employment Letter(my mum), Sponsor's Last Promotion Letter, Payslips, ID card, Previous Visa stamping and Family Pictures.
Eligibility Review began this morning.
Bvl and Ppr dropped about 5hours later January 10th.

As you can see i submitted what i thought was important and left out the rest. It has finally ended in praise. What i would advice is always send mails preferably at midnight. I wish all other ppr hopefuls the best.

How much was in your account??
What's your age.
Congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 19CannyMum: 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2022
themankelechi:
Lol
Their emails dn hear am with the number of emails from applicants in a day... grin grin grin grin

They should clear that inbox o. Because I'm ready for them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bola01234: 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2022
Greeklinkweek:
Hi Bola01234,
You can consider some programs such as:
MSc Supply Chain Management - University of Manitoba - September intake (colder province)

Masters of Management Logistics and Supply Chain Management - University of Windsor - September and January intake (laidback town)

International Business Management - Ontario College Graduate Certificate (1Year and can be used to apply for your Permanent Residency) -
https://www.mohawkcollege.ca/programs/graduate-studies/international-business-management-116 (highly competitive province + opportunities)

However, there're other questions that would have guided me more appropriately .... such as
When did you obtain your HND?
Are you well prepared to write a convincing SOP (no excuses in your write-up, projecting your motivations, pitch your profile e.t.c.?
Primary purpose of a graduate study (permanent residency-japa e.t.c.)

A friend of mine used an Educational Firm in Canada (email: contact@1grad.ca) and it was a positive experience. They actually offered all the process for free, except when he wanted someone in the firm to write his Statement of Purpose for him.

Most of my contributions are a mixed of the material shared from the firm and personal experiences too - (https://www.1grad.ca/post/5-major-considerations-for-selecting-the-right-master-s-degree-program-in-canada-2022)

I have got a mail from the firm.
Thanks very much I would apply to the school and talk to the firm

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bola01234: 5:19pm On Jan 11, 2022
Kankanio:
I got my approval at 44. You’re not 44 yet.

God bless you sir...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bola01234: 5:20pm On Jan 11, 2022
Toceenay:

I'll personally suggest September so far you've not applied to the school and this is January.
Standard processing time for visa application is 3 months or longer, with the usual delay and time needed to prepare for your journey, it's advisable you go for September intake.
Okay okay thanks very much

(1) (2) (3) ... (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) ... (834)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.