Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,896 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (834979 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ChisZom: 7:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
I also applied May 14th
Our PPR is coming this week! God help us amen

amiecandie:
My timeline

Applied May 14th
Biometrics completed May 26th
Upfront Medicals May 3rd
Medical Passed June 4th
Eligibility started immediately
Awaiting PPR

Lord it is my birthday 11/09

I need this PPR as my birthday gift.

I know you there is nothing impossible for you to do as it determines a whole lot for me and family.

Booking this space to share my testimony.

I also speak on behalf of others waiting for this golden mail, let it be released and we receive showers of PPR from today onwards! IJN Amen

Amen. There’s nothing too big for God to do

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by shams040(m): 7:27pm On Sep 07, 2021
Please help me with the link of the health stuff that I need to fill to prevent me from staying on that long line people are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olaidetola: 7:32pm On Sep 07, 2021
My PPR is dropping tomorrow guys ;;;; await my timeline, olorun agbaye o you're mighty.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 7:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
Olaidetola:
My PPR is dropping tomorrow guys ;;;; await my timeline, olorun agbaye o you're mighty.
Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ekenzify(m): 7:48pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Hi,

First of all, you need to assess your level of education (academic profile) and in some cases work experience to know the kind of program you can/should go for, cos most of the time, the qualification and the type of program you go for determines the potential success of your study visa application.

You must have admission first, get your Letter Of Acceptance (admission Letter) before applying for Canada Study Visa

That being said,

Your Response to the questions below would enable you to know the qualification & type of program you should go for (e.g PG.Cert, Masters, PHD, Post Doc)

- What did you studied in the University (B.SC or M.SC) or polytechnic (HND)?

- Do you have a 2.1 or 2.2, upper or lower credit?

- what year did you graduate ? (to address study gap)

- Do you have a job? If yes, what is the name of your Job, and what are your Job duties? (to know if your Job is related to your Degree)

- How many years work experience do you have in that Job?

Thanks so much bro for this.

I have a B. Tech , second class upper.

I graduated 2018.

I don't have a job presently.

All this qualifies for a graduate certificate program right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sandra734030: 7:53pm On Sep 07, 2021
Please I have a question to ask
I paid $1,000 to my school has tution deposit and my class is starting September 17th meanwhile my PPR is yet to drop! And I can’t defer my program because it’s cohort so if I defer, I would have to join the program September 2022.
Now my question is
1. What if my PPR doesn’t drop before September 17th my resumption date, what do I need to do? The $1,000 is non refundable
2. And what’s the next step to take? Because if I decide to apply to another school, before I get my LOA for the new school, my eligibility might have started and which means I won’t be able to upload the new LOA via webform
3. What’s the best thing to do ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 7:55pm On Sep 07, 2021
Congratulations to everyone who received their good news. To the people who were a bit delayed, God will compensate you with a stress free application to be approved in Jesus name

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Johnchan2: 7:58pm On Sep 07, 2021
Olaidetola:

amen ..
We are testifying tomorrow

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Feyisharah(f): 8:09pm On Sep 07, 2021
Johnchan2:

amen ..
We are testifying tomorrow

Me too oooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 8:16pm On Sep 07, 2021
ekenzify:

Thanks so much bro for this.

I have a B. Tech , second class upper.

I graduated 2018.

I don't have a job presently.

All this qualifies for a graduate certificate program right?
U welcome , second class upper in what?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
DestinationCann:
This is wrong please. IRCC says "study permit application" not approval

Important: Time spent studying outside of Canada only begins to count towards PGWP length after the department receives the study permit application. As such, studies undertaken before the department received the study permit application can be deducted from the PGWP length. Note that the minimum length a PGWP can be issued for is 8 months. Therefore, if a student only completes 7 months of studies after their study permit application is received, they are not eligible for a PGWP. Students are encouraged to apply for their study permits prior to starting their studies.

International students studying online abroad may be authorized to enter Canada to attend in-person classes if the school is included on the list of designated learning institutions (DLIs) with an approved COVID-19 readiness plan in place on the IRCC website and they are travelling for a non-discretionary purpose.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/study-permit/pgwpp.html

this is not a complete info. read from beginning. this was only applicable to those that applied between match 2020 to spring 2021.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2021
GodsGabby:

No this is wrong.
I was the one who said so with screenshots but i was corrected.

It would be counted as long as you have submitted/ applied for SP.

Some persons finished online classes for a year program in Nigeria and just travelled for her pgwp in canada.
Even ksa said it counts as long as you have applied.
I stand to be corrected but this is for those that applied for programme that is to start between spring 2020 and fall 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bukoj: 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2021
Amen. I join my faith with yours.
Mine is dropping this week, I pray in Jesus name, Amen. Booking a space for my positive timeline.

Olaidetola:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ekenzify(m): 8:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lekiboboe:

U welcome , second class upper in what?

Computer Science
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 07, 2021
Jojorito007:

There is nothing wrong is this . It means that it start counting from when you submit your application . Simply trying to discourage people not to start any course until you’ve applied for your study permit
yeah
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bisimo: 8:56pm On Sep 07, 2021
What God can’t do doesn’t exist !!! September 7TH 2021 A DAY TO BE remembered
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU GOD!

FAMILY APPLICATION TIMELINE-
Study permit for myself
Study visa for my 6 years old daughter
Visiting visa for my Twin Boys
SOWP Visa for my Hubby.

1ST Application June 2019 Refused( I applied alone)
2ND Application November 2019 Refused when I was about to give birth to my Twin Boys ( I applied alone )

3RD APPLICATION April 9th 2021 (family application) APPROVED

AGE. 36
GOING FOR SECOND MASTERS
SCHOOL- Royal Roads University Victoria ( Master of Global Management)
NSE ROUTE- I SUBMITTED written English waiver with MBS

Application date- April 9th 2021
Biometrics FOR ME 2019 when I fist applied then
Biometric FOR HUBBY April 10th 2021
Upfront medical for all of us. Hubby and kids passed July 12, mine passed August 3rd.
Eligibility started for me 1 month ago
Eligibility started for my hubby and 3 Children 2 weeks ago
I sent 4 mails everyday to Nairobi and webform. At a time I was sacred but my Vo told me to be doing that everyday.( Frankrobbn1. I call him My Vo )LOL

Application approved for 5 of us this morning!!

Document Submitted for myself

1. ALL CIC DOCUMENTS:
2. ACADEMIC DOCS…
• Bachelor’s Degree Certificate and Transcripts
• MBA. only Transcript.. My cert is not read then.

Personal Documents

International passport with Malaysia visa, turkey visa and Singapore visa
SOP and LOE well detailed and written by Mr Frank( my Vo)
Birth cert
1 personal Statement of myself
2 personal statement of my hubby as the sponsor
Bank reference letters
My CV
Letter from my hubby’s company stating that I am one of his MD(written by my Mr frank)
Court Marriage Certificate
Family Pictures
CAC
Tax clearance
Hubby Car business receipts
Landed properties (6 )
Affidavit of Support from my hubby

School
Acceptance letter from my school
Acceptance of Deferral letter from my school. I submitted this last month
Receipt of 1st installment payment of Tuition (13,500 CAD)

Children Documents***

ALL CIC Docs
International Passport
Birth Certificates
Study leave letter for my kids (collected this letter from my daughter school.
Last term school results sheet
My daughter is 6 years old
My 2 boys are just 18 months old. Twins

Upfront inquiries about health insurance for my kids ( I emailed some health insurance providers and attached this email correspondences to their application)

Upfront enquiries from schools around the area of my school. ( I had emailed some schools to enquire on their ability to take in my kids, I also attached it too

Spouse Documents***

CIC documents
International Passport
Company letter
Bank References letters
statements of Account( 2 Naira and 1 USD)
Tax clearance Certificate
Work ID card
Personal Car document
Auto Sale Invoices
Auto Purchases Invoices

All thanks and glory to God almighty for making this happen. I can’t thank my VO( Mr Frank) enough. You’re indeed super good at what you do. It could only be you and God.
Thanks Mr Frank. for always been there from Day1. I will refer you over and over again.
I’m super excited oo. BC here I come with my Squad. Lol.

52 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 9:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
Congratulations Teni that is not Makanaki.

May Canada favour you

TennieYF:
Long post alert!!!
It could only have been God, it has ended in praise.
My journey started 2019 July during my NYSC. I was still a novice about Visa applications then and my focus was on going to a top rated school. I applied to McMaster, Memorial and McGill. I don't know why I thought I would be able to afford them without funding(lol). Got admission to McGill in February 2020 but the tuition was almost 30k with zero funding and I wasn't selected for the scholarship I applied for in November 2019.

I deferred the admission with the hope of reapplying for the scholarship the next year while still applying to other schools.
I still wanted a high ranking uni but this time I was more strategic and looked for for schools with good ranking but relatively affordable fees. I applied to both UBC and UAlberta and only got UAlberta admission.
I also reapplied for the MasterCard scholarship for McGill since I had a deferred admission, this time I was nominated and was so happy. I went through the rigorous scholarship application process and submitted Jan 2021 only to get a rejection from the scholarship in April, I won't lie it broke me and I almost gave up but we moooooove.
Thankfully I had my University of Alberta admission so I started my Visa application and eventually submitted in May.

My timeline is as follows:
[  ] Upfront medicals: May 13th
[  ] Applied : May 14th ( I didn't include my medicals slip because I wanted to submit it with my IELTS result, lol but they updated it to pass before the physical IELTS result came out).
[  ] Medicals updated to pass: May 21
[  ] Biometrics: May 24, updated same day
[  ] IELTS: May 17th (I did CBT so my result came out online in 2 days) - LRSW; 8.5/9/7.5/8.0 band score: 8.5.
[  ] Eligibility review: Sept 7, 2021.
[  ] BVL and PPR: Sept 7, 2021.
Program: MPH, Occupational and Environmental health
School: University of alberta
Duration: 2 years course.

Please note I did not get NSE request but sent the IELTS via webform. Also, I used a stanbic mutual funds account so I was unable to get an MBS so I just used a regular bank statement and confirmation of investment letter.
The funds available were not so much so I was scared it might affect my application but God thank God for grace.

After submission, I realized that some things I submitted in the financial part were really blurry, so I sent them again via webform and emails.
Also, registration for tuition opened late May but I only paid for fall semester and sent the tuition receipt via webform and emails.

I also got a notarized confirmation of name affidavit because the name on my international passport was shortened to Teniola as opposed to all my others documents that beared Oluwateniola.
I sent it with a mini LOE explaining that both are the same thing, I sent both via webform and emails.

Special shoutout to Lekiboeboe, he helped to review my SOP and adjust it without charging me a dime. I initially wanted to use an agent but that one charged 1m, me wey no get money, I ran away, lol.
Also, shoutout to Frank, when I sent him a mail about my SOP he was willing to help as well but it was short notice and I really wanted to meet up with the May 15th deadline then. But he still helped me look through and encouraged me that my application had prospects.

I used table of contents for both client information and Proof of funds part. My POF part also had like a mini LOE because I wanted to explain all the transactions and any lump sum very well. I have attached pictures of both below to show the documents I submitted.

I wouldn't lie there were times when I felt discouraged and my faith was shaky, but I always encouraged myself with God's word and followed NLP morning prayers diligently to boost my faith.
My NLP people I have Received it o and the Wait is over!!!!
Surely what God cannot do doesn't exist! It has ended in praise for me and it will end in praise for all PPR hopefuls on the TL!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kubums: 9:03pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Hi

Well I don't know if you can go for another Masters cos it looks dicey due to your 8 years study gap.

You might need to get across to JustMellow (@gcmswriters on Twitter, IG) on this cos you would need to convince a Visa officer with very cogent reasons on your SOP "Why another Masters".

But in the lame man point of view, based on your Study gap, a PG.CERT in a program related to your self employed job or your pension fund administration job would suffice.

Based on your pension fund administration job , you can go for a PG.CERT in Accounting in a Canadian college

See them listed below

Professional accounting
Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology, London, ON

Professional accounting
Sheridan College, Oakville, ON

Professional accounting Practice
Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, ON

Fraud Examination and Forensic accounting
Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, ON

Professional accounting Practice
Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Toronto, ON

Strategic Management – accounting
Centennial College, Toronto, ON

Await contributions from others

@justmellow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gentledaf(m): 9:06pm On Sep 07, 2021
shams040:
Please help me with the link of the health stuff that I need to fill to prevent me from staying on that long line people are talking about.

https://www.switchhealth.ca/en/travel/pearson/

Hope it helps

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mastersammy(m): 9:11pm On Sep 07, 2021
Sandra734030:
I paid $1,000 to my school has tution deposit and my class is starting September 17th meanwhile my PPR is yet to drop! And I can’t defer my program because it’s cohort so if I defer, I would have to join the program September 2022.
Now my question is
1. What if my PPR doesn’t drop before September 17th my resumption date, what do I need to do? The $1,000 is non refundable
2. And what’s the next step to take? Because if I decide to apply to another school, before I get my LOA for the new school, my eligibility might have started and which means I won’t be able to upload the new LOA via webform

Relax dear, don't rush things and most importantly don't complicate things for yourself.

With regards to the first question, since your program next intake is Sept (Fall 2022) you have 2 options, it's either you defer your program now to Fall intake 2022 bcus it's impossible for you to meet up with classes this Sept bcus even if your visa gets approved, before you submit and receive your passport it will take time, so you see it's not possible to meet up again.
So like I said you have 2 options, you can choose to defer your Admission next yr but if you can't wait till Sept next yr then you can opt in for another course that has winter intake which is January or summer intake.
But mind you, if you change course and gets new LOA, make sure you notify ircc by forwarding the LOA to them and make sure you put in writing using webform why you switch to another course.
Your tuition half deposit you paid, is still intact despite the fact you switched course or defer Admission.
I will advise you not to change school but exercise patience bcus if you change school bcus of this, it will complicate things for your app bcus you will need to explain to ircc , why change to another institution and visa officer handling your app will read meaning to your act and tag it as desperate and he or she may not see you as real student and trust me ,you won't like how it ends. So relax okay, don't rush it or you lose it.
For example,if you manage to change school and get new LOA and your eligibility has not started reading and you forward the New LOA for the new school to ircc.
The VO will now have 2 LOA from 2 different schools and it will complicate things.
My advice is stick with the school okay and defer your Admission and stop showing signs of desperate to get into Canada bcus it's a big red flag if they notice it from you.
These are my views toward this your case

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 9:15pm On Sep 07, 2021
You are actually wrong.
Online classes till 31st of December 2021 forms part of calculation for PGWP.
You are reading the thing out of context. My school has confirmed with IRCC and that link is exactly what's contained in the email the school shared.

Online classes till 31st of December, 2021 forms part of duration used for calculating PGWP, let's not confuse people because some take whatever they see here hook line and sinker.

Enjay316:
this is not a complete info. read from beginning. this was only applicable to those that applied between match 2020 to spring 2021.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 9:16pm On Sep 07, 2021
You are wrong please.

Online classes till 31st of December, 2021 forms part of duration used for calculating PGWP, let's not confuse people because some take whatever they see here hook line and sinker.

Enjay316:
I stand to be corrected but this is for those that applied for programme that is to start between spring 2020 and fall 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tourphland(m): 9:17pm On Sep 07, 2021
Has any June or Juky applicant gotten a result?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by nairaland1981: 9:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
I will be 41yrs next year with B.eng, masters in IT from open University and 16yrs banking experience in IT. What are my chances of getting study visa if I go for PGD/PG cert in a college cos I want to get practical experience which open University does not offer.

or should i go for another masters

makano , frankrobbn1,Lekiboboe, gurus help out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 07, 2021
Testimonytime:

I feel you. After 6 months, it’s so painful. But then, it’s not over until it is over, please order your gcms note to see what is wrong and refire. I will personally beg you not to give up. I know it’s hard but God will help you. Your next application will be miraculously short and approved.
I wish I have his number.I would call
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 07, 2021
[quote author=Victoryokondu post=105580964][/quote]no one will even touch ur application until u have done ur biometrics
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 07, 2021
[quote author=Victoryokondu post=105580964][/quote]
no one will even touch ur application until u have done ur biometrics

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by demmyg4real: 9:48pm On Sep 07, 2021
Sandra734030:
Now my question is

Mail your school to inquirer the latest time for deferral, most schools have deferral policy and defer as at when due so as to get refund for ur commitment fee

If you can not meet up with another admission, please wait for IRCC decision and defer your program according to your school policy

Defer and wait for IRCC decision if PPR doesn't come before 17th.

As you await IRCC decision think of what to do from ur end.

Am in same boat with you, my program also have September intake only.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sandra734030: 9:49pm On Sep 07, 2021
Honestly I appreciate your response
I would be patience like you have said
I would share my timeline soon when my PPR drops
Thank you very much I really appreciate your explanation
Thank you

mastersammy:

Relax dear, don't rush things and most importantly don't complicate things for yourself.

With regards to the first question, since your program next intake is Sept (Fall 2022) you have 2 options, it's either you defer your program now to Fall intake 2022 bcus it's impossible for you to meet up with classes this Sept bcus even if your visa gets approved, before you submit and receive your passport it will take time, so you see it's not possible to meet up again.
So like I said you have 2 options, you can choose to defer your Admission next yr but if you can't wait till Sept next yr then you can opt in for another course that has winter intake which is January or summer intake.
But mind you, if you change course and gets new LOA, make sure you notify ircc by forwarding the LOA to them and make sure you put in writing using webform why you switch to another course.
Your tuition half deposit you paid, is still intact despite the fact you switched course or defer Admission.
I will advise you not to change school but exercise patience bcus if you change school bcus of this, it will complicate things for your app bcus you will need to explain to ircc , why change to another institution and visa officer handling your app will read meaning to your act and tag it as desperate and he or she may not see you as real student and trust me ,you won't like how it ends. So relax okay, don't rush it or you lose it.
For example,if you manage to change school and get new LOA and your eligibility has not started reading and you forward the New LOA for the new school to ircc.
The VO will now have 2 LOA from 2 different schools and it will complicate things.
My advice is stick with the school okay and defer your Admission and stop showing signs of desperate to get into Canada bcus it's a big red flag if they notice it from you.
These are my views toward this your case

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mastersammy(m): 9:51pm On Sep 07, 2021
nairaland1981:
I will be 41yrs next year with B.eng, masters in IT from open University and 16yrs banking experience in IT. What are my chances of getting study visa if I go for PGD/PG cert in a college cos I want to get practical experience which open University does not offer.

or should i go for another masters

makano , frankrobbn1,Lekiboboe, gurus help out

In my own perspective, it's not a good idea to go for PGD/PG cert bcus you ve already bagged masters degree, so by going for PGD, VO will see it as Retrogressing and it won't be healthy for your application.
PGD is not your level and you don't belong there, so by using it , VO may think your looking for an easy way out and as such you may not return home after studies.
So my take on this is, forget anything PGD bcus you've gone way pass that level bcus I don't think you will stand a chance with it.
Someone at your level should be going for PHD..
Anyways these are my thoughts sha

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aminat2000(f): 9:53pm On Sep 07, 2021
Big Shoutout and Mighty Congratulations to all those that PPR rained on today... May the land of Canada favour you all.
Abeg, where una dey always run go when PPR drops, shay na altar ni? Coz this "will be right back to share...." dey always wonder me. grin

June 2nd applicant... God please cry

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by chigrad: 9:54pm On Sep 07, 2021
I celebrate with all who have received PPR.
We pray and believe God for our own PPR and for all PPR hopefuls this week in Jesus Name.Amen

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (834)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.