Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,404 members, 7,781,161 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:06 AM

Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse (475 Views)

Please Who Can Explain This Biblical Verse? / Will This Biblical Quote On UN Wall Ever Come To Pass?(photo) / Your Final Destiny Is Determined By This Biblical Passage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by Biodun556(m): 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2021
grin grin cheesy

Re: Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by Freestainworld(m): 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2021
My pastor must see this, e sweet me die grin
Re: Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by gigabytes: 4:40pm On Aug 25, 2021
Biodun556:
grin grin cheesy
This is your version. Irrespective of devils work like OP can never stopped paying tithe and offering. It pays me more.
Re: Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by chatinent: 4:48pm On Aug 25, 2021
That italics uncle will not come here now. Of course, this will stop all their formats.
Re: Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by Biodun556(m): 4:54pm On Aug 25, 2021
gigabytes:

This is your version. Irrespective of devils work like OP can never stopped paying tithe and offering. It pays me more.

Which one is your own version?
Re: Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by ahnie: 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2021
Many churches go close be that.
Re: Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by another1: 5:07pm On Aug 25, 2021
KJ21
“When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates and be filled,

ASV
When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithe of thine increase in the third year, which is the year of tithing, then thou shalt give it unto the Levite, to the sojourner, to the fatherless, and to the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled.

AMP
“When you have finished paying all the tithe of your produce the third year, [which is] the year of tithing, then you shall give it to the Levite, to the stranger, to the orphan, and to the widow, so that they may eat within the gates of your cities
Re: Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by Adamgeneral12: 5:11pm On Aug 25, 2021
Make I give you guys assignment, today na Wednesday, go give your pastor that verse make him take preach for next Sunday, I sure say after he finish you go be like undecided
Re: Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by KaideeGee(m): 10:19pm On Aug 25, 2021
Please who is the levite in this case
Re: Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by Workch: 10:21pm On Aug 25, 2021
gigabytes:

this is dogmaticism, even with evidence you still can’t change your notion.
Re: Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by Workch: 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2021
KaideeGee:
Please who is the levite in this case
Levites are descendants of Levi, the third son of Jacob I.e. 3rd tribe of Isreal.
Even Jesus couldn’t collect tithe because he wasn’t a descendant of Levi but Judah (fourth son of Jacob).

Yours pastors are scamming you because you don’t know your Bible. I am an atheist but I know this
Re: Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by KaideeGee(m): 10:31pm On Aug 25, 2021
Workch:
Levites are descendants of Levi, the third son of Jacob I.e. 3rd tribe of Isreal.
Even Jesus couldn’t collect tithe because he wasn’t a descendant of Levi but Judah (fourth son of Jacob).

Yours pastors are scamming you because you don’t know your Bible. I am an atheist but I know this

I smile at this, bro, check Wikipedia for levite okay?
Re: Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by KaideeGee(m): 10:34pm On Aug 25, 2021
Here are some

Re: Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by KaideeGee(m): 10:37pm On Aug 25, 2021
Please bros and girls, be warned, whatever a man sows, the same he will reap.
If you are an atheist fine. Don't try to distort the truth for those who want to worship their maker.
God has given free choice, use it wisely.
Re: Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by Workch: 10:44pm On Aug 25, 2021
KaideeGee:

I smile at this, bro, check Wikipedia for levite okay?
Do you have to check Wikipedia for who Levites are?
It’s in the Bible, do you read your Bible?

You Christians are funny
Re: Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by MightySparrow: 10:45pm On Aug 25, 2021
Nonsense as usual.
Re: Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by KaideeGee(m): 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2021
Workch:
Do you have to check Wikipedia for who Levites are?
It’s in the Bible, do you read your Bible?

You Christians are funny

I thought you were an atheist?
Re: Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by Workch: 10:48pm On Aug 25, 2021
KaideeGee:

If you read the Bible by yourself, you will become an atheist. If pastors read for you, you will remain a Christian.

Numbers 1:48-53
For the Lord had spoken to Moses, saying, “Only the tribe of Levi you shall not number, nor shall you take their census among the sons of Israel. But you shall appoint the Levites over the tabernacle of the testimony, and over all its furnishings and over all that belongs to it. They shall carry the tabernacle and all its furnishings, and they shall take care of it; they shall also camp around the tabernacle.read more.
Re: Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by Workch: 10:50pm On Aug 25, 2021
KaideeGee:

So you mean to tell me that you are Christian and you don’t know who Levites are?

You are going to Wikipedia when the answer is everywhere in the Bible?

No wonder lot of You easily get scammed
Re: Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by KaideeGee(m): 11:10pm On Aug 25, 2021
Workch:
If you read the Bible by yourself, you will become an atheist. If pastors read for you, you will remain a Christian.

Numbers 1:48-53
For the Lord had spoken to Moses, saying, “Only the tribe of Levi you shall not number, nor shall you take their census among the sons of Israel. But you shall appoint the Levites over the tabernacle of the testimony, and over all its furnishings and over all that belongs to it. They shall carry the tabernacle and all its furnishings, and they shall take care of it; they shall also camp around the tabernacle.read more.

Good point, even the scripture says the letter killeth but the Spirit giveth life.
When you read the scripture, don't do it with a theoretical mindset, invite the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ said He will guide is into all truth, open your heart to God, pray on submission, and for guidance, I hope that will help.

Okay back to the topic.

And a man of the house of Levi went and took as wife a daughter of Levi.
Exodus 2:1 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/exo.2.1.NKJV

So the anger of the Lord was kindled against Moses, and He said: “Is not Aaron the Levite your brother? I know that he can speak well. And look, he is also coming out to meet you. When he sees you, he will be glad in his heart.
Exodus 4:14 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/exo.4.14.NKJV

Bro, as you can see here, Aaron and Moses were from the tribe of Levi. Later, God set apart Aaron and his entire Lineage to be priests. Clear? No? Priests are a subset of Levites okay? When we mention Levites, priests are also included.
But understandably, in OT times the priest would eat from the offerings and sacrifices. So the other Levites could get there tithes.
Now, sacrifices aren't made or permitted any more. Pastors set apart monetary offerings for Church maintenance, so doesn't it make sense that a pastor should go after tithes, after all, The husband man is the first partaker of the harvest.
Ultimately, bro, it is up to you, do what you know is right, life is personal. But try to advance continually by taking positive things from every opportunity. Have a nice day bro.
Re: Pastors Hate This Biblical Verse by Workch: 11:31pm On Aug 25, 2021
KaideeGee:

Good point, even the scripture says the letter killeth but the Spirit giveth life.
When you read the scripture, don't do it with a theoretical mindset, invite the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ said He will guide is into all truth, open your heart to God, pray on submission, and for guidance, I hope that will help.

Okay back to the topic.

And a man of the house of Levi went and took as wife a daughter of Levi.
Exodus 2:1 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/exo.2.1.NKJV

So the anger of the Lord was kindled against Moses, and He said: “Is not Aaron the Levite your brother? I know that he can speak well. And look, he is also coming out to meet you. When he sees you, he will be glad in his heart.
Exodus 4:14 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/exo.4.14.NKJV

Bro, as you can see here, Aaron and Moses were from the tribe of Levi. Later, God set apart Aaron and his entire Lineage to be priests. Clear? No? Priests are a subset of Levites okay? When we mention Levites, priests are also included.
But understandably, in OT times the priest would eat from the offerings and sacrifices. So the other Levites could get there tithes.
Now, sacrifices aren't made or permitted any more. Pastors set apart monetary offerings for Church maintenance, so doesn't it make sense that a pastor should go after tithes, after all, The husband man is the first partaker of the harvest.
Ultimately, bro, it is up to you, do what you know is right, life is personal. But try to advance continually by taking positive things from every opportunity. Have a nice day bro.
i am not here to hear sermons though, I just want to let you know know that your pastors are not Levites according to the scriptures.
Levite have to come from the tribe of Levi and no Nigerian pastor qualifies into that category.
Even Jesus Christ himself doesn’t and didn’t collect tithes partially for that reason according to the scriptures.

I’m not ready to read the cherrypicked version of a Nigerian Christians who doesn’t want to stop paying tithe because he has been indoctrinated by it.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Enenche Blasts Comedians, Says They Tell Lies To Make People Laugh (video / Was Jesus A Sinner? Yes Or No / Jesus’ Revelation To Holiness Preachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.