Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,294 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:49 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1145126 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:20am On Dec 09, 2021
mamatwiny:
At ppl talking about not paying quarantine hotel, my advise is- if you can afford it, just pay and enter.
That was how my family was hoping that the review will be in 2 weeks as mentioned previously , hoping to travel on our intended date and boom, the ban caught up with us. Time is of essence in this journey and every second counts.

I was processing Australia work visa around June/July last year before they announced lockdown and till now they have not opened. All money spent on the assessments, ielts, etc gone. Just make hay while the sun shines or all that have been spent so far may be wasted .

It is a game of probability now and it could go either way. You will make back the money in 2 months if you are a dependant and you are ready to work.

Hmmm

They’re already talking about Plan B and additional restrictions on bbc

Work from home , compulsory Face mask etc
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jimpix11: 8:54am On Dec 09, 2021
Hello house,

My dependants got their visa recently, will they still be able to travel?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 09, 2021
hustla:

Hmmm

They’re already talking about Plan B and additional restrictions on bbc

Work from home , compulsory Face mask etc

Abeg they should wait let me go and resume my work first before they introduce hybrid work mode.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omicron999: 9:35am On Dec 09, 2021
Incase you decide to lodge at UK's Hotel quarantine. This is what you get !!!!

How can an 11night stay, cost £2585?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Temitopepremium(f): 10:06am On Dec 09, 2021
Good morning to you all.

Please help me with this as we have done everything that should be done but no result.
I applied for my husband to join me as a tier 4 dependant on the 21st of September and he did his biometric on 28 of September using the standard type. Till now the passport is still with ukvi as we speak, we have done so many escalations via paid calls and mails and even submitted complaint form twice regarding the release of his passport but we keep hearing it has been escalated and though, the decision has been made on the 29th of October. Today makes it 55 working days excluding weekends . .
I even went ahead to meet with the MP of where I live to help me out on this but I have nt heard anything yet.

Please how what can we get the passport back please.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 10:17am On Dec 09, 2021
mamatwiny:
At ppl talking about not paying quarantine hotel, my advise is- if you can afford it, just pay and enter.
That was how my family was hoping that the review will be in 2 weeks as mentioned previously , hoping to travel on our intended date and boom, the ban caught up with us. Time is of essence in this journey and every second counts.

I was processing Australia work visa around June/July last year before they announced lockdown and till now they have not opened. All money spent on the assessments, ielts, etc gone. Just make hay while the sun shines or all that have been spent so far may be wasted .

It is a game of probability now and it could go either way. You will make back the money in 2 months if you are a dependant and you are ready to work.

How about those who can not afford it? How about those who has a place to quarantine but was forced to pay £2585 in 10days and at the end test negative?

People who have tested negative 48/24hrs before arriving or 2days after arriving should not be forced to pay that stupid money.

You decided to come to the UK after the rule was introduced then it’s your problem, pay whatever you are asked to pay because you knew the consequences of your trip but for those who got caught out while away should be allowed to quarantine in their homes.

I planned to go through out countries not in red list but I have changed my mind. We will sort ourselves out at Heathrow airport when I get there because that money is not coming out of my bank account.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 10:20am On Dec 09, 2021
Temitopepremium:
Good morning to you all.

Please help me with this as we have done everything that should be done but no result.
I applied for my husband to join me as a tier 4 dependant on the 21st of September and he did his biometric on 28 of September using the standard type. Till now the passport is still with ukvi as we speak, we have done so many escalations via paid calls and mails and even submitted complaint form twice regarding the release of his passport but we keep hearing it has been escalated and though, the decision has been made on the 29th of October. Today makes it 55 working days excluding weekends . .
I even went ahead to meet with the MP of where I live to help me out on this but I have nt heard anything yet.

Please how what can we get the passport back please

Thanks

This is really sad, many are going through the same problem with you but sadly you can not do more what you have already done.
Have you emailed them and asked to cancel your application?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:50am On Dec 09, 2021
Aprokodaughter:

Abeg they should wait let me go and resume my work first before they introduce hybrid work mode.

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 11:05am On Dec 09, 2021
STENON:
grin But some schools are already paying for this.

Majority of married students are doing it for their children and hoping that their spouse will work and be able to help pay the balance of their school fees. If they school takes care of their students quarantine and leave the dependent to fate. They student may end up suffering.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 11:31am On Dec 09, 2021
justwise:

How about those who can not afford it? How about those who has a place to quarantine but was forced to pay £2585 in 10days and at the end test negative?

People who have tested negative 48/24hrs before arriving or 2days after arriving should not be forced to pay that stupid money.

You decided to come to the UK after the rule was introduced then it’s your problem, pay whatever you are asked to pay because you knew the consequences of your trip but for those who got caught out while away should be allowed to quarantine in their homes.

I planned to go through out countries not in red list but I have changed my mind. We will sort ourselves out at Heathrow airport when I get there because that money is not coming out of my bank account.

ghen ghen!!!!

Do not try this if you do not have a red or blue or what color is the passport these days?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 11:48am On Dec 09, 2021
Omicron999:

No be you cause am oga Omicron and you now add 999 join am.

Not surprised at the food, are we expecting jollof rice and pounded yam grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 11:48am On Dec 09, 2021
justwise:

The airlines in Nigeria wont even let you board the flight from Nigeria if you dnt show CTM payment invoice and the booking completion with your hotel name .. this is what is happening… you cnt even get to Heathrow…

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 11:49am On Dec 09, 2021
justwise:

I planned to go through out countries not in red list but I have changed my mind. [b]We will sort ourselves out at Heathrow airport when I get there because that money is not coming [/b]out of my bank account.

Ghen ghen, British pali talking, if anyone on visa try am. Na muritala straight oo grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 1:01pm On Dec 09, 2021
fatima04:
[/b]

Ghen ghen, British pali talking, if anyone on visa try am. Na muritala straight oo grin grin

I was on phone early today to passenger locator helpline in the UK just to clarify the rules, you needed to hear how rude the lady at the other end of the line sounded, I asked why British citizens/residents who are returning to the UK can not quarantine at home considering the cost of hotel.. she went… the person has to stay in back in Nigeria if he/she can not afford it that it doesn’t matter if you only visited Nigeria for one hour.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 1:05pm On Dec 09, 2021
giselle237:

The airlines in Nigeria wont even let you board the flight from Nigeria if you dnt show CTM payment invoice and the booking completion with your hotel name .. this is what is happening… you cnt even get to Heathrow…

Not only the airlines even the lab conducting the PCR test asked me yesterday if I have booked the quarantine hotel and when I told her no she shouted: YOU HAVE TO OOO!!! They even changed to rule from 48hrs test before departure to 24hrs , apparently that was the instructions they received.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 1:43pm On Dec 09, 2021
justwise:

I was on phone early today to passenger locator helpline in the UK just to clarify the rules, you needed to hear how rude the lady at the other end of the line sounded, I asked why British citizens/residents who are returning to the UK can not quarantine at home considering the cost of hotel.. she went… the person has to stay in back in Nigeria if he/she can not afford it that it doesn’t matter if you only visited Nigeria for one hour.

Get on a plane to Dublin, chill for few days and get on a bus to UK.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 1:59pm On Dec 09, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

A bus ride from one island to another? Orishirishi grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 2:19pm On Dec 09, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

@justwise this is what you should do. Since you’ve cancelled your other return ticket, book a one-way flight to Europe and cross over from there.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Sisipainter: 2:31pm On Dec 09, 2021
Hello there,

I’ve tried to make this payment with a dollar card
It keeps rejecting. Can you please advise?

Omicron999:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by homole(m): 2:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
I’m not sure you can pay with a Nigerian Card. I paid with a gtbank dollar card and this is what I got. I’m not sure they accept Nigerian cards. I’m just confused.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
Omicron999:

Lmao Wetin be this?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 3:13pm On Dec 09, 2021
hustla:

Hello

Please how did you book for the quarantine hotel stuff

Went through the home gov website and it’s showing g multiple links and a number to call

How did you go about it pls

Thanks

https://quarantinehotel.ctmportal.co.uk/Hotel/Detail.aspx?&HtlSch_travellingFromCode=NG&HtlSch_travellingFromName=Nigeria%20From%2006th%20December%202021%2004%3A00%20GMT&HtlSch_cityName=London%20Gatwick%20%20LGW&HtlSch_searchType=1&HtlSch_arrivalPort=LGW&HtlSch_checkin=11%2F12%2F2021&HtlSch_checkout=23%2F12%2F2021&HtlSch_nights=12&HtlSch_adultQty=1&HtlSch_pubertalChildQty=0&HtlSch_middleChildQty=0&HtlSch_ages=&HtlSch_Age=0&HtlSch_roomQty=1&HtlSch_childQty=0&HtlSch_hotelCode=182523&prdc=1&trans=20211205061609591&p=Xp9ZifErkRk%3d
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 3:14pm On Dec 09, 2021
homole:
I’m not sure you can pay with a Nigerian Card. I paid with a gtbank dollar card and this is what I got. I’m not sure they accept Nigerian cards. I’m just confused.

Use a digital dollar card
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Osoderi(m): 3:19pm On Dec 09, 2021
gistbite:

https://quarantinehotel.ctmportal.co.uk/Hotel/Detail.aspx?&HtlSch_travellingFromCode=NG&HtlSch_travellingFromName=Nigeria%20From%2006th%20December%202021%2004%3A00%20GMT&HtlSch_cityName=London%20Gatwick%20%20LGW&HtlSch_searchType=1&HtlSch_arrivalPort=LGW&HtlSch_checkin=11%2F12%2F2021&HtlSch_checkout=23%2F12%2F2021&HtlSch_nights=12&HtlSch_adultQty=1&HtlSch_pubertalChildQty=0&HtlSch_middleChildQty=0&HtlSch_ages=&HtlSch_Age=0&HtlSch_roomQty=1&HtlSch_childQty=0&HtlSch_hotelCode=182523&prdc=1&trans=20211205061609591&p=Xp9ZifErkRk%3d

OMG!!!!! so pple are really booking for this hotel. Nigeria!!!!! so pple have this kind of money to give to the UK? OMG!!!! i am in pain here and crying. How can the UK ease its ban and remove Nigeria from red list when our pple have started paying this money.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Osoderi(m): 3:22pm On Dec 09, 2021
OMG!!!!! so pple are really booking for this hotel. Nigeria!!!!! so pple have this kind of money to give to the UK? OMG!!!! i am in pain here and crying. How can the UK ease its ban and remove Nigeria from red list when our pple have started paying this money.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2021
gistbite:

Thanks !
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Sisipainter: 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2021
What’s a digital dollar card Oga mi?

gistbite:

Use a digital dollar card
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by boyka1: 4:14pm On Dec 09, 2021
Where una dey see this money?

A student whose intention to pay off his/her outstanding fees by working has no business paying £2585. There is no economic sense in that.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by quivah(f): 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2021
mayluv:

I personally don't think it matters. You should be able to prove that they are one and same person. If you have a marriage certificate, I believe that you should be covered.
NB: this is my personal opinion and not based on any rule please
Hmm thanks ma'am. I hope I'm good.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 4:48pm On Dec 09, 2021
So I heard there are some unis offering to pay the £2585 for students just to “lure” them to their side
boyka1:
Where una dey see this money?

A student whose intention to work pay off his/her outstanding fees by working has no business paying £2585. There is no economic sense in that.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 4:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
Yes if you can pay the quarantine hotel fees
jimpix11:
Hello house,

My dependants got their visa recently, will they still be able to travel?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 4:56pm On Dec 09, 2021
Osoderi:

Why are you crying more than the bereaved?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (1007)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.