Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1163881 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AKALAMAGBO: 11:22am On Dec 14, 2021
You can travel through Qatar airways. Qatar is NOT UAE, and UAE already reversed the ban this morning.

Be like Nigeria is getting these countries by their balls now
Pearlyfaze:

Does this by anywhere means that one cannot use Qatar Airways to travel to the UK.

Abeg make I understand
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 14, 2021
hustla:

Is there anything about the notification? Or it’s the regular job alerts one receives in our email inbox from LinkedIn?

I changed my location to London , England for a week and I received at least one message per day from recruiters

Weird cos Nigerian recruiters barely ever send DMs LOL

Apart from changing your location. You need to customize your job search.

For instance I am into Journalism and Public Relations.So if I am looking for jobs. I will customize it to entry and graduate jobs in my field. Secondly I will mention positions that relates to my field like communications, coordinator, writer, media content (if I want to be specific I will write tv content, radio content, news content).

Linkedin will start sending jobs not just in my location but the kind of jobs I want and the level.

Sometimes LinkedIn matches you with senior roles in your field that's if your LinkedIn profile is good.

Before I left Nigeria so Nigerian companies invited me for roles in my field but I could not respond since I don't have plans staying back.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:55am On Dec 14, 2021
Aprokodaughter:

Apart from changing your location. You need to customize your job search.

For instance I am into Journalism and Public Relations.So if I am looking for jobs. I will customize it to entry and graduate jobs in my field. Secondly I will mention positions that relates to my field like communications, coordinator, writer, media content (if I want to be specific I will write tv content, radio content, news content).

Linkedin will start sending jobs not just in my location but the kind of jobs I want and the level.

Sometimes LinkedIn matches you with senior roles in your field that's if your LinkedIn profile is good.

Before I left Nigeria so Nigerian companies invited me for roles in my field but I could not respond since I don't have plans staying back.

Many thanks

I’ll heed your advice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bamangar: 11:59am On Dec 14, 2021
Hello everyone, i need a better advise and judgement. I will be coming to the UK in 2022 for my masters, the enrolment will soon start. I studied Agric. in my Bsc but have been working in IT related fields since i graduated. I will be piking one of the below three courses:

DATA SCIENCE
CYBER SECURITY
CLOUD COMPUTING

I have passion and love the 3 but i only have to pick one and i want to do it based on availability of employment in the UK after graduation. If you are in my shoes, which course would you advise and reason why

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 12:18pm On Dec 14, 2021
[quote author=Aprokodaughter post=108478071]

You don't need to pay premium once you activate your LinkedIn notification.

Jobs will just start pouring into your notifications. You might get confused and tired because everyday there are companies posting jobs even on a Sunday. I saw my job on a Sunday morning. Some will review your cv on LinkedIn download it and contact you. Some will send you a DM on LinkedIn.

[b]Most people are not persistent when it comes to job search in their field as long someone says there is no opportunity in that your field they have lost it. They won't bother searching again. They want to start a new degree which doesn't have to be the case. [[/b]/quote]

So true. Everybody wants to be a nurse now. I don't blame though, citizenship is the end game

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ralphlauren(m): 12:19pm On Dec 14, 2021
bamangar:
Hello everyone, i need a better advise and judgement. I will be coming to the UK in 2022 for my masters, the enrolment will soon start. I studied Agric. in my Bsc but have been working in IT related fields since i graduated. I will be piking one of the below three courses:

DATA SCIENCE
CYBER SECURITY
CLOUD COMPUTING

I have passion and love the 3 but i only have to pick one and i want to do it based on availability of employment in the UK after graduation. If you are in my shoes, which course would you advise and reason why

Thanks

You can't go wrong with either data science or cloud computing.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 12:22pm On Dec 14, 2021
hustla:
Hello All,

Is it a must I arrive in the UK on the date I specified during my app?

Can i go earlier, maybe 2 days before or 4 days after?

Checked ticket prices and it seems cheaper some days before and after

Kindly clarify

Thanks!

It's not a must as long as your visa vignette is valid on your intended date of travel

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 12:24pm On Dec 14, 2021
bamangar:

DATA SCIENCE
CYBER SECURITY
CLOUD COMPUTING

Thanks

I’d choose Cybersecurity

Cloud computing can be found in cybersecurity so it means best of both worlds. Cloud security is basically a combination of both cloud computing and cybersecurity wink

All 3 are good fields though but data science is good for those who can code or who know some mathematics

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 12:24pm On Dec 14, 2021
fatima04:

It's not a must as long as your visa vignettes is valid on your intended date of travel

Many thanks for your answer

God bless

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 12:58pm On Dec 14, 2021
hustla:
Hello All,

Kindly clarify

Thanks!

Any date specified on your visa or accompanying document?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2021
hustla:
Hello All,

Kindly clarify

Thanks!

You cannot get in before your visa active date but you can go after within the 3 months specified on your visa vignette.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2021
AKALAMAGBO:
You can travel through Qatar airways. Qatar is NOT UAE, and UAE already reversed the ban this morning.

Be like Nigeria is getting these countries by their balls now

OK thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:46pm On Dec 14, 2021
justwise:

Any date specified on your visa or accompanying document?

yeah

December 17 to March
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:46pm On Dec 14, 2021
Pearlyfaze:

You cannot get in before your visa active date but you can go after within the 3 months specified on your visa vignette.

I hope this helps.

Yes it does help

Thanks!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bamangar: 1:59pm On Dec 14, 2021
hustla:

I’d choose Cybersecurity

Cloud computing can be found in cybersecurity so it means best of both worlds. Cloud security is basically a combination of both cloud computing and cybersecurity wink

All 3 are good fields though but data science is good for those who can code or who know some mathematics

Thank you very much

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bamangar: 2:00pm On Dec 14, 2021
Ralphlauren:

You can't go wrong with either data science or cloud computing.

Thanks.

I am trying to avoid Data Science because of coding
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 2:27pm On Dec 14, 2021
hustla:

yeah

December 17 to March

You enter the UK on that date or after but not before

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by NomzyJust(m): 2:44pm On Dec 14, 2021
£4750 for sale. Anyone interested?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 2:50pm On Dec 14, 2021
NomzyJust:
£4750 for sale. Anyone interested?

I can buy it if you need Naira. Kindly dm
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mikool101: 3:05pm On Dec 14, 2021
Please @justwise @luchibianca @akporokodaughter and any other gurus in the house i have uploaded my my bank statement last week, but this morning I decided to check again when it was sent to a friend. I requested for a period between 9/11/21 - 8/12/21 which is 30 days on Dec 9,2021. The opening balance date which suppose to be Nov 9 was not reflected, then the transaction on the bank statement started from Nov 10 to Dec 7. Please do the visa officer check the period I requested for printing between Nov 9 - Dec 8 or they check only the transaction dates between Nov 10 - Dec 7. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TRAY2(m): 3:12pm On Dec 14, 2021
I am hearing the travel red list countries including Nigeria will be removed tomorrow!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TRAY2(m): 3:20pm On Dec 14, 2021
[quote author=TRAY2 post=108494378]I am hearing the travel red list countries including Nigeria will be removed tomorrow!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59653236

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 3:36pm On Dec 14, 2021
justwise:

You enter the UK on that date or after but not before

Thanks! smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2021
"The health secretary confirms to MPs that the 11 African countries placed on the travel red list will be removed from 04:00 GMT tomorrow.

But he says the temporary testing requirements for foreign travellers will remain in place."

Will they refund £4k now LOL undecided
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 3:44pm On Dec 14, 2021
[quote author=TRAY2 post=108494593][/quote]

Not fair on the people that paid for this scam.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 3:57pm On Dec 14, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

Not fair on the people that paid for this scam.

Very unfair.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 3:59pm On Dec 14, 2021
Bourne007:
"The health secretary confirms to MPs that the 11 African countries placed on the travel red list will be removed from 04:00 GMT tomorrow.

But he says the temporary testing requirements for foreign travellers will remain in place."

Will they refund £4k now LOL undecided

You see 7/10 u still wan try your luck ehn

shocked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mikool101: 4:10pm On Dec 14, 2021
Mikool101:
Please @justwise @luchibianca @akporokodaughter and any other gurus in the house i have uploaded my my bank statement last week, but this morning I decided to check again when it was sent to a friend. I requested for a period between 9/11/21 - 8/12/21 which is 30 days on Dec 9,2021. The opening balance date which suppose to be Nov 9 was not reflected, then the transaction on the bank statement started from Nov 10 to Dec 7. Please do the visa officer check the period I requested for printing between Nov 9 - Dec 8 or they check only the transaction dates between Nov 10 - Dec 7. Thank you
Abeg make una help a brother out.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 4:19pm On Dec 14, 2021
Mikool101:

Abeg make una help a brother out.

This is a student visa thread question
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 4:32pm On Dec 14, 2021
So imma share my recent experience on traveling with Infants with expired passports incase it helps someone.

1. Your infant or child or you self can travel to Nigeria with an expired passport if they have additional citizenship from USA, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia. It’s on the Heathrow travel guide for Nigeria so please print and take to the airport with you incase the person checking you in is unaware.

2. Upon arrival, only 1 immigration officer asked why our kids had expired passports and we said we couldn’t renew it due to Covid restrictions and it’s associated issues. We weren’t asked to do Visa on arrival or ETC or any such thing.

So if you find yourself in a similar situation, fear not. No need for ETC or hustling to do passport in the UK especially if it’s inconvenient. You will be allowed to board.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 4:39pm On Dec 14, 2021
@Lexusgs430

If I don't make money from cassava sciences, I go vex with you. cool

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mikool101: 4:48pm On Dec 14, 2021
hustla:

This is a student visa thread question
I know. Since I have not gotten any response, I decided to come here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.