Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1167868 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 6:29am On Sep 27, 2021
Innocent94:
Hello,pls I’m new to dis thread,i just completed my 10days isolation in London,pls I’m looking for a menial job around southeast london(plumstead)or Hatfield,if you know any agency i can apply to pls,p.s-I’m a student,thanks

Define a "menial" job from your recently-arrived Nigerian standpoint, and maybe people might know what you mean.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Innocent94(m): 6:56am On Sep 27, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Define a "menial" job from your recently-arrived Nigerian standpoint, and maybe people might know what you mean.
i don’t understand what you are talking about,i believe there are part time students jobs around,u can enlighten me if u’ve anoda definition of menial job professor
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by weyreypey: 6:57am On Sep 27, 2021
Mimzyy:
You have to wait until you get an email confirmation for your appointment which will most likely be next year tbh.(I paid since May and I’m still waiting).

They are currently attending to April applicants.
You owe me a serious apology mide.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 6:57am On Sep 27, 2021
babajeje123:

I was in this situation when I wanted to come in. I isolated for 14 days though before going for a retest on the 15th days and it came out negative. There's no less sensitive test except the PCR and it must be done at a government approved lab. I hope you had a lot of vitamins and iron tabs with ginger and garlic during your isolation period. Don't worry, it will come out negative.
If you had covid the first time your test after 14days will definitely not come back negative. Even if you chop all the garlic in the market it won't change anything
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 7:01am On Sep 27, 2021
Innocent94:
Hello,pls I’m new to dis thread,i just completed my 10days isolation in London,pls I’m looking for a menial job around southeast london(plumstead)or Hatfield,if you know any agency i can apply to pls,p.s-I’m a student,thanks
Almost all agencies will be listed if you search online.
Do a search on google, check on indeed you'll find something.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 7:20am On Sep 27, 2021
kode12:

If you had covid the first time your test after 14days will definitely not come back negative. Even if you chop all the garlic in the market it won't change anything
Your opinion. I said what happened to me and not what I heard, felt or thought.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ishilove: 7:21am On Sep 27, 2021
Mimzyy:
You have to wait until you get an email confirmation for your appointment which will most likely be next year tbh.(I paid since May and I’m still waiting).

For real?? Why the long delay? That's a whole 5months!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:10am On Sep 27, 2021
Mimzyy:

Now this is painful to read..was hoping to get a new passport rather than applying for visa or TC to travel for my mum's burial, i have been monitoring this passport issue since last year as i planned to see her early this year sadly she passed away few days ago. oh well...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 8:41am On Sep 27, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Etoro going SPAC........ cheesy

I will buy on Freetrade wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 8:44am On Sep 27, 2021
justwise:

Now this is painful to read..was hoping to get a new passport rather than applying for visa or TC to travel for my mum's burial, i have been monitoring this passport issue since last year as i planned to see her early this year sadly she passed away few days ago. oh well...

Sorry to hear about your mother's passing. Condolences.
For what it's worth, a cousin of mine said he got an ETC last month and that it was reasonably stress-free.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 9:33am On Sep 27, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Sorry to hear about your mother's passing. Condolences.
For what it's worth, a cousin of mine said he got an ETC last month and that it was reasonably stress-free.

Thanks I appreciate, will look into that
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 9:35am On Sep 27, 2021
@jummiedel

Please stop flooding this thread and others with your contact details.
Send pm rather.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:41am On Sep 27, 2021
justwise:

Condolences....... Kindly accept my heartfelt sympathies......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 10:04am On Sep 27, 2021
Sorry to hear about this. Please accept my condolences. It is well.
justwise:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 10:16am On Sep 27, 2021
justwise:

My condolences Sir.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 10:28am On Sep 27, 2021
My sincere condolences to you and your family.

justwise:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 10:30am On Sep 27, 2021
justwise:

Accept my condolences sir
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 27, 2021
justwise:

Thanks I appreciate, will look into that

Sorry for the loss…passports are way cheaper than EtC’s. I wonder why nigeria visa/etc cost almost 200 pounds..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoubleN(m): 10:38am On Sep 27, 2021
Morning guys,

What's your advice on buying a car (an MPV) as a fresh entrant and driving with the international drivers license.? Did a cost comparison for insurance on confused.com and got an annual premium of £1900 thereabout plus a blackbox to be installed. Any suggested insurers?

PS. The car is essential because of the convenience of moving kids to school and back (we are 5) and other Waka giving that we can't leave any of them at home most especially as Winter draws near.

Experienced advice appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 10:48am On Sep 27, 2021
justwise:

My condolences to you and family
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by humblemoi: 10:59am On Sep 27, 2021
justwise:

Please accept my condolences to you and your family.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 11:32am On Sep 27, 2021
@All

Thank you for your messages of condolence.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 11:37am On Sep 27, 2021
Irenenwaka:

Sorry for the loss…passports are way cheaper than EtC’s. I wonder why nigeria visa/etc cost almost 200 pounds..

That is exactly why i want to avoid it
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 11:45am On Sep 27, 2021
DoubleN:
Morning guys,

Experienced advice appreciated. Thanks.

Usually I’d advice people not to buy a car straight away but your case is very different as you’ve got family commitments. Your premium is high am suspecting as a result of your international drivers license.
You just have to pick one of the insurance companies you’ve found because all of them would be of similar price. But try avoid that blackbox if you can because your Naija driving style different from UK.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jummiedel(f): 11:54am On Sep 27, 2021
justwise:
@jummiedel

Please stop flooding this thread and others with your contact details.
Send pm rather.
I'm so sorry. But I actually don't know how to send pm.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 12:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
justwise:
@All

Thank you for your messages of condolence.
Sorry fr your loss, may God comfort you.
If the premium/same-day service is still available, use it. I know someone who did it some months back but I don't know if it's still available.
I have been very lucky in the sense that all the 3 times I have had to renew my passports, it has been almost stress free.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 12:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
dustydee:

Sorry fr your loss, may God comfort you.
If the premium/same-day service is still available, use it. I know someone who did it some months back but I don't know if it's still available.
I have been very lucky in the sense that all the 3 times I have had to renew my passports, it has been almost stress free.

Thanks for this info, just read it now on their website, it cost extra 30 euros
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 1:32pm On Sep 27, 2021
justwise:

Thanks for this info, just read it now on their website, it cost extra 30 euros
Euros? I think the person paid £100 minus or so.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
dustydee:

Euros? I think the person paid £100 minus or so.

That is what I saw there and I was shocked though I’m using a network hosted outside England hence the Euros currency
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by descarado: 2:43pm On Sep 27, 2021
justwise:

Take heart.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.