Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1167953 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by congressman101: 1:42am On Feb 26, 2022
Location ?
donforeign:
My sister just got to the UK , shes looking for a temporary accomodation before she get her own place. She can as well pay . anybody willing to help please should quote me , it's urgent. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 2:50am On Feb 26, 2022
nice2men:
How can a student already in UK bring his over 18 years old Austistic daughter into the UK as a dependant?
Pls help.

Check the home office site...but typically once we child crosses 18 then that a full adult and cannot be a fresh dependant
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 3:38am On Feb 26, 2022
2 bedroom flat needed in Hertford please
Anyone with information, please quote and mention me. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 5:51am On Feb 26, 2022
nice2men:
How can a student already in UK bring his over 18 years old Austistic daughter into the UK as a dependant?
Pls help.

Have the kid updated her records in NIMC?

Has S/He captured for passport in Abuja?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by donforeign: 7:10am On Feb 26, 2022
congressman101:
Location ?
Wales

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Xanderlex: 8:42am On Feb 26, 2022
Abeg, how do I make calls to naija from UK apart from using WhatsApp. I know it has been answered here but my coconut head forgot to screenshot pls. I'm using lebara sim and the naija isn't among the international calls.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Sijuademi: 9:17am On Feb 26, 2022
Good morning everyone,

A Single, Male Non-Smoker Room/Flat mate needed in Selly Oak Birmingham Kindly call +4407425272923 or send a mail to igbengaakintayo@gmail.com for more details.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:28am On Feb 26, 2022
Xanderlex:
Abeg, how do I make calls to naija from UK apart from using WhatsApp. I know it has been answered here but my coconut head forgot to screenshot pls. I'm using lebara sim and the naija isn't among the international calls.

Here you go ...... If you come again, we go break that coconut ........

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 10:29am On Feb 26, 2022
Lexusgs430:

$OZON
$OGZD
$YNDX

On my radar........

Thank you.

Only $YNDX will see my hands on Monday when market opens.....long-term play.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ndidibabe(f): 10:32am On Feb 26, 2022
Temi231:

Please pm me. Then will share a drive with you
I am unable to PM because the Email i used to open my account here was compromised and i have since deactivated it. I will appreciate if you can share with me using ndidifola@gmail.com.

Thank you so much!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by aragbaboy: 10:46am On Feb 26, 2022
omopapa:
Use this site to check and compare broadbands in ur area https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/ the strength of the broadband in your area will help make informed decision

If you are good with paper work and administrative duties then you can open ur own limited company to gather paper works for tax purpose. While umbrella company will take care of those.

Also, if you open your own company, it can be used for other contracts or side gigs.

Can you please advise and point me in the right direction in registering my own company here in the UK
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by aragbaboy: 10:48am On Feb 26, 2022
babranancy:
Please which app can I use and send money to Nigeria as I am currently using Monzo bank but it’s hard from me to send money directly from Monzo bank to Nigerian bank. Thanks

Lemonade is reliable.
I use Lemonade Finance to send money to Africa. You get 20.00 GBP when you verify your account and send over 100.00 GBP with my referral link - https://referral.lemonade.finance/invite/65LX

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Xanderlex: 11:18am On Feb 26, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Here you go ...... If you come again, we go break that coconut ........
Thank you grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 11:36am On Feb 26, 2022
https://www.gov.uk/limited-company-formation/register-your-company

aragbaboy:

Can you please advise and point me in the right direction in registering my own company here in the UK

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 11:40am On Feb 26, 2022
Exactly my first thought when I saw the question
LagosismyHome:

Check the home office site...but typically once we child crosses 18 then that a full adult and cannot be a fresh dependant
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mimilyrics: 12:07pm On Feb 26, 2022
https://ukguarantor.com/
bemagnify:
I am a student at the University of Derby studying LLM, I want to rent a one-bedroom apartment with Derby, however, all the vacancies I have seen, need a UK guarantor. Please anyone here can be of help?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omojaiyejaiye: 12:20pm On Feb 26, 2022
Please anyone with latest update on how to renew Nigerian passport? I was told by someone that there is no fast track application anymore? Is this correct?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 12:23pm On Feb 26, 2022
Hi elders, property & LISA experts,

Please should I open cash lifetime isa or stock & shares lifetime isa?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ndidibabe(f): 1:04pm On Feb 26, 2022
Temi231:

If you think you can, yes you can. I studied from December 2020 then wrote the exam March 2021. Although, I have read the whole book in February/March 2020 before the lockdown but o couldn’t go ahead because I was distracted of lockdown in Nigeria then.

You can do it. You just have to dedicate some hrs daily as there questions can be tricky.

Let me know if you need any materials!

All the best
Please did you see my previous message. Kindly assist.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by KOVIC19COVID20: 1:32pm On Feb 26, 2022
umarwy:

#IfYouKnowYouKnow!

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by KOVIC19COVID20: 1:33pm On Feb 26, 2022
nice2men:
Pls help.

@umarwy has asked you a question….
If I was you, I will read his question carefully. Very carefully…
Very very carefully….

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ralphlauren(m): 1:42pm On Feb 26, 2022
Temi231:
Please ohh, I have come my brothers and sisters grin. Where can I get a good deal for curtains and Rugs. I need to rug my apartment so as to spend less on heating. Abeg I need experienced people advice Biko. This country, I no wan do pass myself. Eshey gan ni. Thank you

Argos sells a wide range of thermal curtains which are ideal for bedrooms.

Rugs - check carpetright.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 1:52pm On Feb 26, 2022
umarwy:

shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 2:05pm On Feb 26, 2022
justwise:

shocked shocked

Boss, I remain loyal grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Temi231(f): 2:15pm On Feb 26, 2022
ndidibabe:
Please did you see my previous message. Kindly assist.

Yes I did. I will share with you once I am fully connected.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by harwe: 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2022
check dm plz

omopapa:
DISCLAIMER: This is for educational purpose only tongue

If u have LG or Samsung TV u can download an app called smart iptv on it and then find vendors that will load the channels for you. It ranges from £25-£60/year depending on the quality of channels and how well u can search for bargains angry

Interesting thing about most vendors is they give btw 12-24hrs free trial (but NOT on match days). Vendors are all over Facebook market place, eBay and even ali shocked. Most vendors have telegram groups to communicate streaming channels, updates and to report issues. Each vendor have their own area of interest, some it’s movies, for some it’s live sports, while some do everything. My vendor does everything Infact they just added African magic Yoruba wink and almost all DSTV channels especially the sport ones.

Another option is the Amazon firestick, you can buy it from Argos or Amazon and watch a YouTube video to jailbreak it (very simple and straight forward) this will enable you download streaming apps on it. Then find a vendor to load channels. You might need VPN to improve streaming quality and to change location for obvious reasons cry

An advantage of the firestick is that u can detach from tv and take with u when u are going away from home . Otherwise the smart iptv app too is fine.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 2:55pm On Feb 26, 2022
Seen and replied
harwe:
check dm plz

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IcecoldDon: 3:02pm On Feb 26, 2022
Hello Guys, considering the rising energy costs generally across all providers, I know there would really not be any clear standouts, but who would you recommend as having the best rates for electricity and gas? I am yet to move into my own place and using the comparism website ended up confusing me so much. All pointers will be truly appreciated.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Anjey: 3:05pm On Feb 26, 2022
[quote author=bemagnify post=110544689]I am a student at the University of Derby studying LLM, I want to rent a one-bedroom apartment with Derby, however, all the vacancies I have seen, need a UK guarantor. Please anyone here can be of help?

I was just given admission offer at the university of derby for September intake.pls can u give me some info on deposit,discount,POF,CAS and the rest.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:49pm On Feb 26, 2022
IcecoldDon:
Hello Guys, considering the rising energy costs generally across all providers, I know there would really not be any clear standouts, but who would you recommend as having the best rates for electricity and gas? I am yet to move into my own place and using the comparism website ended up confusing me so much. All pointers will be truly appreciated.

No cheap deals out, get the one you can. Buy long Johns, extra blankets, extra duvet + hot water bottles...... cheesy

OR

Regulate your usage, as much as you can ....... No Nigerian style of leaving lights/heaters unnecessarily on ...... wink

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ndidibabe(f): 3:52pm On Feb 26, 2022
Temi231:

Yes I did. I will share with you once I am fully connected.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.