Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1163959 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jtech17: 7:35am On Oct 07, 2021
Good morning gurus... I saw something online about this 2 years PSW, she said it doesn't count towards permanent residence in the UK
How true is this, ... this is chidera peters youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okCs8cP515s

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by KOVIC19COVID20: 7:50am On Oct 07, 2021
jtech17:
Good morning gurus... I saw something online about this 2 years PSW, she said it doesn't count towards permanent residence in the UK

It counts towards the Long (10-year route)

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 7:53am On Oct 07, 2021
jtech17:

There are two pathways
1) 5 years work visa that leads to permanent residency . Here PSW and student visa don't count

2) 10 years of been legal in the UK that then leads to permanent residency. Here PSW and student visa can count toward the 10 years

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jtech17: 8:20am On Oct 07, 2021
LagosismyHome:

There are two pathways
1) 5 years work visa that leads to permanent residency . Here PSW and student visa don't count

2)10 years of been legal in the UK that then leads to permanent residency. Here PSW and student visa can count toward the 10 years
Ok... its same as the INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN (ILR)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 9:19am On Oct 07, 2021
jtech17:

Ok... its same as the INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN (ILR)

Yes.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Richhard(m): 10:28am On Oct 07, 2021
Abeg what's the name of the recommended bank that you can open online, with no stress?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 10:58am On Oct 07, 2021
Richhard:
Abeg what's the name of the recommended bank that you can open online, with no stress?

Starling
Monzo
Revolut

In no particular order.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesudaughter(f): 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2021
Hello,

Kindly advise!
Between 'Ware Hertfordshire, Widford Hertfordshire, Chestnut Hertfordshire, Hemel Hempstead Hertfordshire and Braintree Essex' where would you advise to choose for a permanent job as regards raising children, good school, safety and affordability.

I patiently wait for you honest advise.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Richhard(m): 4:27pm On Oct 07, 2021
Mamatukwas:

Starling
Monzo
Revolut

In no particular order.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tobianskee: 6:04pm On Oct 07, 2021
Hello guys,
I’ve been following the thread for a while and i have to thank everyone who contributes on here.
I just got to the UK. I’m in Sheffield precisely. I’d be grateful to meet people around and also be willing to get first hand experience, tips, advice, job referrals and all from you guys. I’ve seen that the GUYFROMHR is detailed and as well brutal with his analysis. I love honest people. OMOPAPA is my big bro and he has been helpful as well.
Oga Lexus, LagosisHome… I see you giys taling time to answer people and pass knowledge. God bless you. I’d be looking forward to connecting with you guys.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:19pm On Oct 07, 2021
Richhard:

Revolut - :
https://revolut.com/referral/oyedejlz3g!OCT1AR

If you intend to buy shares, commodities + cryptos, it's revolut...

If you love pots and receiving your salary 24 hours, before it's due... Monzo

Starling simplicity at it's best......... cheesy

Revolut, Monzo & Starling......... grin

I align with Mamatukwas....

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2021
tobianskee:
Hello guys,
I’ve been following the thread for a while and i have to thank everyone who contributes on here.
I just got to the UK. I’m in Sheffield precisely. I’d be grateful to meet people around and also be willing to get first hand experience, tips, advice, job referrals and all from you guys. I’ve seen that the GUYFROMHR is detailed and as well brutal with his analysis. I love honest people. OMOPAPA is my big bro and he has been helpful as well.
Oga Lexus, LagosisHome… I see you giys taling time to answer people and pass knowledge. God bless you. I’d be looking forward to connecting with you guys.

Welcome to sanity...... Enjoy the ride...... wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 6:37pm On Oct 07, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Welcome to sanity...... Enjoy the ride...... wink
Lmao. Tell me say you no dey miss the crase for Lagos sometimes

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:22pm On Oct 07, 2021
kode12:

Lmao. Tell me say you no dey miss the crase for Lagos sometimes

When it gets to the point of missing that crase, one requires mental hospital admission.......... wink

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mrcodebreaker: 8:57pm On Oct 07, 2021
Anyone based in the southwest. Bristol environs?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by solalal36(m): 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2021
Scotland belongs to which part of UK? Doesn't seem to be there

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chinlov: 9:52pm On Oct 07, 2021
hello folks, please I need Naira.

thanks!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 11:01pm On Oct 07, 2021
aragbaboy:

Please what agency did you use to secure your accommodation on Facebook. Also what were the conditions that they gave since you were still in Nigeria then. I am heading to Hull. Thank you.

Margaret Duffus

They asked for a guarantor. My in-law stood in for us
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Damilolly(f): 12:21am On Oct 08, 2021
dustydee:

Well the UK charges £800 for ILR fast track so £100 for passport fast track is quite reasonable.
services after one is a citizen is very cheap. Renewing your British passport is £75.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jtech17: 12:57am On Oct 08, 2021
LagosismyHome:

There are two pathways
1) 5 years [b]work visa that leads to permanent residency . Here PSW and student visa don't count [/b]

2) 10 years of been legal in the UK that then leads to permanent residency. Here PSW and student visa can count toward the 10 years

So if after my master's degree while on my PSW visa I get a sponsored job, can I automatically switch from PSW to the sponsored job visa and then the 5 years work visa immediately starts to count?

With regards to the 10 year route how can one
Successful stay upto 10 years legally in the UK after master's and PSW visa if sponsored jobs dont showup?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by solalal36(m): 2:01am On Oct 08, 2021
Please I need urgent response

For guys going to Scotland, is CTM the only test kit provider? It's the only one mentioned on govdotscot. I want to know if I can book with private providers?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 2:06am On Oct 08, 2021
jtech17:

So if after my master's degree while on my PSW visa I get a sponsored job, can I automatically switch from PSW to the sponsored job visa and then the 5 years work visa immediately starts to count?

With regards to the 10 year route how can one
Successful stay upto 10 years legally in the UK after master's and PSW visa if sponsored jobs dont showup?

Yes if you get a sponsored job , you can switch and start the 5 years count

The 10 years would be easier for those who did first degree here than masters .... but masters it would be to collectively see how u can get 10 years but that might be a lot of schools fees paying. ....so definitely not the best option. But if its a couple then where one ends the other takes over .

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 2:11am On Oct 08, 2021
solalal36:
Scotland belongs to which part of UK? Doesn't seem to be there

The question was formulated by an SNP member before indyref and forgot to edit it after they lost the referendum

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by solalal36(m): 2:15am On Oct 08, 2021
deept:

The question was formulated by an SNP member before indyref and forgot to edit it after they lost the referendum
Thanks. Does this mean I can use a private kit provider?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ticha: 2:43am On Oct 08, 2021
mrcodebreaker:
Anyone based in the southwest. Bristol environs?

Lived there for a long time and it's our UK base. Needing help?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by aragbaboy: 4:34am On Oct 08, 2021
canadaishome:

Margaret Duffus

They asked for a guarantor. My in-law stood in for us

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:35am On Oct 08, 2021
Chinlov:
hello folks, please I need Naira.

thanks!

Like ₦10,000,000.......... Slide into DM. ..... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by solalal36(m): 7:40am On Oct 08, 2021
@mamatukwas I need pounds biko. Just £79. Want to use it get test kit
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:41am On Oct 08, 2021
solalal36:
@mamatukwas I need pounds biko. Just £79. Want to use it get test kit

She got no £ for you ........ Only ₦ ........ grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:43am On Oct 08, 2021
Wetin bujebudanu1, dey find for this thread . ........ grin

My Oga, I hail o ...... smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by solalal36(m): 7:59am On Oct 08, 2021
Lexusgs430:

She got no £ for you ........ Only ₦ ........ grin
Ah... wahala dey o

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.