Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,681 members, 7,801,962 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1163189 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by aragbaboy: 7:25am On Oct 11, 2021
I am in need of accommodation in Hull for my family, we are a family of five looking at 2 bedroom property for rent anywhere in Hull or it's environs. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sen2paco: 9:43am On Oct 11, 2021
Chummy25:
Good day everyone, please is there any family staying in Northern Ireland. We just moved here and would like to meet some people already settled down here. Thanks. Please any advice on where and how to get affordable car to move around will be appreciated as we have a small baby and she is not taking the weather well. Any advice on how to settle down fast and well will surely be appreciated. We don't want to make lots of mistakes. From renting, looking for jobs for spouse and getting accommodation. We are still currently in a bed and breakfast. Thanks for you expected advice.

Hello, I’m moving to NI by the end of the month…we can be relating. I’m searching for accommodation thru propertypal.com
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Teeclassicroyal: 9:44am On Oct 11, 2021
Hello people, what are the chances of a potential UK tier 4 student visa applicant who has a gap year of 7 years (secured last qualification {Waec} in 2015 and looking to apply for visa in 2022).
How best can one convince the officers in the embassy of one's genuine intention to study in the UK given the duration of gap?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Teeclassicroyal: 9:45am On Oct 11, 2021
Thanks everyone for the wonderful information and timely intervention as always. God bless.
I wish to know if the 40hour rule that was introduced for international students in the UK during the heat of the corona scourge is still active or not. And who does it apply to?
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Funky123(f): 10:27am On Oct 11, 2021
Hello seniors please I need your input regarding choosing courses

For someone who did International Relations but working as a sales manager in FMCG for 7years now, what course is best to choose to get sponsorship in the Uk
Business/marketing courses
OR
MA international relations

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by humblemoi: 10:35am On Oct 11, 2021
Funky123:

For someone who did International Relations but working as a sales manager in FMCG for 7years now, what course is best to choose to get sponsorship in the Uk
OR

Thank you.

Hello.
The UK has got a number of professions in the shortage occupations list as well as a list of companies that hold licence to sponsor. How about checking them out?
What if someone here tells you that either of the two courses may aid your sponsorship and when you get to the bridge it becomes a problem. What I am driving at is, your skills and experiences may make a company go all out for you to get you sponsored so it is best you do a lot research to determine your path way.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Funky123(f): 10:53am On Oct 11, 2021
humblemoi:

Hello.
The UK has got a number of professions in the shortage occupations list as well as a list of companies that hold licence to sponsor. How about checking them out?
What if someone here tells you that either of the two courses may aid your sponsorship and when you get to the bridge it becomes a problem. What I am driving at is, your skills and experiences may make a company go all out for you to get you sponsored so it is best you do a lot research to determine your path way.

Thank you, I have also done lots and lots of research and also check sponsorship jobs, though business/marketing top the lists
I just want to seek individual opinions of people who has worked in the 2 disciplines
Thanks once again for your input
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Teeclassicroyal: 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2021
zeke100:

I was trying to check the jobs and I saw this

Please send the link with which you got the picture there in your post.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chummy25: 4:02pm On Oct 11, 2021
sen2paco:

Hello, I’m moving to NI by the end of the month…we can be relating. I’m searching for accommodation thru propertypal.com

Thanks for the comment. I sent you PM. I have been searching through that too. But looks like the process of getting the house is too long.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aphrodite007(f): 4:28pm On Oct 11, 2021
Funky123:

OR

Thank you.

Do digital business. Do anything to come into tech. Thank me in 3 years when you’re making money wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aphrodite007(f): 4:28pm On Oct 11, 2021
Funky123:

Thank you, I have also done lots and lots of research and also check sponsorship jobs, though business/marketing top the lists
I just want to seek individual opinions of people who has worked in the 2 disciplines
Thanks once again for your input

Lol no one would sponsor business or marketing. Because there is shortage doesn’t mean there is sponsorship— there’s a difference.

Tech companies mostly have foreigners so they are more willing to sponsor their tech staff than other normal staff.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Funky123(f): 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Lol no one would sponsor business or marketing. Because there is shortage doesn’t mean there is sponsorship— there’s a difference.

There is no shortage, non of if is on shortage list
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aphrodite007(f): 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
Went on a hiatus guys- sorry for my absence- was dealing with a divorce (we just grew apart chasing money hehe)

I’m trying to get a global talent visa (tech nation route). The hope is to get it and then create a thread that would teach others how to do it but I got rejected on my first application. The plan now is to try again (while addressing the mistake I made in my last application) or pay a lawyer (waste of money as I still have to explain everything to them anyway lol) angry

Doing the talent visa alone made me realise how invaluable just wise (however annoying he is), Lexus and lagosIMH are for their invaluable contributions to Nairaland (sorry you can’t use this for an endorsement but I appreciate you guys loads for all you’ve done and are still doing on Nairaland.. ok let me add ralphjean before he slaps me lol)

I’m back now sha. wink
Party time- the devil is back grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Myati: 4:54pm On Oct 11, 2021
Myati:

Hi lexus, I joined using your invite and I've funded but I'm a beginner in the world of investment. Does the green flashes indicate a good for buy or sell?i have copied a few but I'm also targeting some dipped shares now. What's your position on alibaba? Btw I'm in the field for the long haul so longterm investment.

I am trying to educate myself in every way. I've always been scared or maybe a bit too careful in staking my funds but the bull needs to be taken by the horn now!

Hi lexus, thanks for promoting etoro here. I have just started investing and talking about alibaba, as at when this question was asked, it was falling at an exponential rate, I decided to seize it then-my regret is that I invested just a little, now it's growing rapidly.

And Im learning everyday, I've made some wrong moves... But I'm quite excited about the prospect of growth.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Myati: 4:57pm On Oct 11, 2021
Aphrodite007:
Went on a hiatus guys- sorry for my absence- was dealing with a divorce (we just grew apart chasing money hehe)
grin
Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully it's for the best.
Are there no other channels to survey beyond the talent acquisition?
Hope everything works out for you. Stay strong and motivated.

PS
I always enjoy reading your post.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
Myati:

Hi lexus, thanks for promoting etoro here. I have just started investing and talking about alibaba, as at when this question was asked, it was falling at an exponential rate, I decided to seize it then-my regret is that I invested just a little, now it's growing rapidly.

And Im learning everyday, I've made some wrong moves... But I'm quite excited about the prospect of growth.

With amateur investments, mistakes are allowed..... We make then and learn very quickly.......

Shares would continually rise and fall.... If you bought a share too high, you could either average up or wait till it appreciates, sell position and rẹ enter at a much lower price...... You would understand the game........ wink

I still think crypto (albeit volatile), is a good investment...... Don't buy on the rise, buy on the dip and hodl....... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2021
Aphrodite007:

I’m trying to get a global talent visa (tech nation route). The hope is to get it and then create a thread that would teach others how to do it but I got rejected on my first application. The plan now is to try again (while addressing the mistake I made in my last application) or pay a lawyer (waste of money as I still have to explain everything to them anyway lol) angry

Doing the talent visa alone made me realise how invaluable just wise (however annoying he is), Lexus and lagosIMH are for their invaluable contributions to Nairaland (sorry you can’t use this for an endorsement but I appreciate you guys loads for all you’ve done and are still doing on Nairaland.. ok let me add ralphjean before he slaps me lol)

I’m back now sha. wink

Welcome back..... Nice to have you around..... Sorry to hear about your divorce, but I know you have handled it, the best way possible ....

Let the parry begin........ cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by EngrSaks(m): 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2021
Welcome back

It always hurts me to hear when partners seperate...if there was no physical or emotional abuse involved then I believe there should be a way to make things work...that's a personal opinion though

...all that said, I sincerely hope you find peace and happiness in your new chapter. The road might be fearful or scary but God's got you...and He is just a prayer away

One love

Aphrodite007:

I’m back now sha. wink

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2021
Myati:

My position on $Baba...... I don't personally have $BABA in my portfolio, but some of my copiers have them..... Investing in shares, albeit emotional, is a personal journey......... wink

We have too many shares to deliberate upon + our investment ethos and patterns, can never be the same.......... smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 6:07pm On Oct 11, 2021
Aphrodite007:

I’m back now sha. wink

I legit searched for your handle last week and a different user threw me off track. We’ve missed you and I’m sorry to hear about your divorce. Welcome back babe.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
Myati:

I am never emotionally attached to shares, I have a set benchmark of 50% financial growth......... wink

Although I am in for the long term........ But when our chickens grow teeth, it's time to sell....... cheesy

I have closed 3 positions today...... Hold on to my TP, await a market correction, re enter at much lower price and simply keep recycling the process....... wink

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aphrodite007(f): 6:40pm On Oct 11, 2021
Mamatukwas:

I legit searched for your handle last week and a different user threw me off track. We’ve missed you and I’m sorry to hear about your divorce. Welcome back babe.
kiss I’ve missed you more mama kiss
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aphrodite007(f): 6:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
EngrSaks:
Welcome back

It always hurts me to hear when partners seperate...if there was no physical or emotional abuse involved then I believe there should be a way to make things work...that's a personal opinion though

...all that said, I sincerely hope you find peace and happiness in your new chapter. The road might be fearful or scary but God's got you...and He is just a prayer away

One love

Thanks my love. But no o, he can’t have peace o. I intend to make his life hard grin

But yeah it was amicable, don’t worry ok❤️ tongue

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aphrodite007(f): 6:43pm On Oct 11, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Welcome back..... Nice to have you around..... Sorry to hear about your divorce, but I know you have handled it, the best way possible ....

Let the parry begin........ cheesy

Much appreciated Egbon kiss
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aphrodite007(f): 6:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
Myati:

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully it's for the best.
Are there no other channels to survey beyond the talent acquisition?
Hope everything works out for you. Stay strong and motivated.

PS
I always enjoy reading your post.

Thanks dear. Well there are other channels e.g getting sponsored by my employer by I want them as a last resort because I don’t know how to commit to one employer for more than 1 year. Also my last manger wanted to use my employment visa to bully me. If I can do things on my own, I prefer to.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aphrodite007(f): 6:47pm On Oct 11, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I am never emotionally attached to shares, I have a set benchmark of 50% financial growth......... wink

Although I am in for the long term........ But when our chickens grow teeth, it's time to sell....... cheesy

I have closed 3 positions today...... Hold on to my TP, await a market correction, re enter at much lower price and simply keep recycling the process....... wink

This is my problem. I don’t know how to tell when my chickens have grown teeth. But I’ll look out for 50% growth as my benchmark- nice call
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ahappygirl: 7:06pm On Oct 11, 2021
I have naira, and I want pounds..anyone interested or any app I can download to change this please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 7:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
Does anyone here use moneybox? Would you recommend.

cc Lexusgs430
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:31pm On Oct 11, 2021
Mamatukwas:

cc Lexusgs430

Unfortunately, don't use moneybox........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Healhtyliving: 8:40pm On Oct 11, 2021
I use moneybox but I don't know much about it other than the app is user friendly and good customer service.
Mamatukwas:

cc Lexusgs430
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by steadyMoving22: 8:40pm On Oct 11, 2021
Aphrodite007:

I’m back now sha. wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h73jUK4xOB4

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by steadyMoving22: 8:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
You might find this useful @Aphrodite007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1epKGAsIGY

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.