Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1167926 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mimilyrics: 12:59pm On Jul 04, 2022
It is not. It is dependent on hours worked and how long you have worked.
profemebee:
Hi hi, trust the day has been productive..

Please is Statutory maternity/paternity pay a govt/public benefit? for those on spousal visa for example, will that affect anything regarding the visa rules etc.?

Can one decide to take Company Paternity pay instead? which isn't govt?

Thanks for anticipated responses.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2022
senny:
Please precisely how many weeks will it take for my visa to be ready when I go for my appointment this week?
eweleeeee. You even added precisely smiley
This is in the hands of UK immigration.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 1:18pm On Jul 04, 2022
Uzonma:
Oh I see was even thinking of immediate dates. Thanks for this
no. Not immediate dates

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OmichaelO: 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2022
Hi guys,

Kindly please, Is police report required for students and their dependents ?

I'm getting conflicting informations.

Kindly help o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Maturedhustler: 2:03pm On Jul 04, 2022
My people,

I need an urgent clarification regarding travel insurance for Schengen country if required for transit flight.

In the past I used one for entry to Amsterdam while visiting Netherlands but not clear if I need to get another one for transit flight via Schengen country to UK. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by teamman(m): 2:05pm On Jul 04, 2022
So just go to cscs website and apply to sit for citb safety test. You must have 1 day safety course certificate in the Uk even after passing citb safety test. After that you can now apply for any card you want. Its important to know that CITB safesty alone will not give you access to the cscs card.

orlabot:

Thanks alot.
So, for the construction work, how do I get a CSCS card?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Divaacares(f): 2:23pm On Jul 04, 2022
Congratulations o what country is that pls

Ahh no so we see am ohh.. i have been facing the same issue. For over two months now i have been trying to get appointment. I check at midnight , early in the morning but nothing.

Thankfully it is a business trip, so my company got involved and dropped the embassy an email after which vfs reached out to me in 24 hours to give me a manual appointment. The visa came out in 8 days and thankfully I was given about a year validity (multiple entry).
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 2:31pm On Jul 04, 2022
Newbie123:
Good day house...

Please can someone guide me on selling USDT when I get to UK?

I read on here one time, how someone made a legit transaction only for his account to be blocked cos the other party reported that it was a scam or something.

Please I'll like to be prepared and go about it the right way.

I'm due to arrive in August and the only way to carry lump sum out of my country of residence is via crypto or something.

Please help

Please any help from our ogas in the house please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 2:43pm On Jul 04, 2022
Newbie123:

I tend to use sellers with verified accounts or very high completion rate (>98%) and high volume (>1000 completed deals).
And I only do bank transfer. Avoid sellers outside UK.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 3:37pm On Jul 04, 2022
Newbie123:

Thanks.

But I don't have naira. I have only USDT that's why I'm asking for the USDT to Pounds way.

Thanks

I will take all your usdt for pounds if my rate is godly enough for you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 3:40pm On Jul 04, 2022
jumpshot:
Please who knows about paid survey opportunities in the UK? Someone wrote a thread on Twitter for it one time but I can't locate it anymore.
Opinion outpost, mobrog......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by adedapodvirus001(m): 3:40pm On Jul 04, 2022
jumpshot:
Please who knows about paid survey opportunities in the UK? Someone wrote a thread on Twitter for it one time but I can't locate it anymore.

You can search for Qmee app on Google play store. It's one of the best survey app around. It has no minimum withdrawal threshold and your money is paid directly into your PayPal account.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MJ01: 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Based on my own subscription services

Thanks boss
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2022
OmichaelO:
Hi guys,

Kindly please, Is police report required for students and their dependents ?

I'm getting conflicting informations.

Kindly help o

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2022
adedapodvirus001:

You can search for Qmee app on Google play store. It's one of the best survey app around. It has no minimum withdrawal threshold and your money is paid directly into your PayPal account.

Hmm
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jimpix11: 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2022
Newbie123:

Thanks.

But I don't have naira. I have only USDT that's why I'm asking for the USDT to Pounds way.

Thanks

Pls be careful if you're selling to anyone on binanace or any other trading platform, this include merchant accounts,. A merchant account recalled funds from my account though high amount.

Na baba lexus help me.. i for dy police net now.

If you find someone here, it's better. Manage their rate.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 4:08pm On Jul 04, 2022
5gee:

I tend to use sellers with verified accounts or very high completion rate (>98%) and high volume (>1000 completed deals).
And I only do bank transfer. Avoid sellers outside UK.

Thanks for your advice
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 4:09pm On Jul 04, 2022
jimpix11:

Pls be careful if you're selling to anyone on binanace or any other trading platform, this include merchant accounts,. A merchant account recalled funds from my account though high amount.

Wow. Now I'm scared. Lol. Thanks for the headsup
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 4:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
AirBay:

I will take all your usdt for pounds if my rate is godly enough for you

Rate please
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 4:17pm On Jul 04, 2022
Newbie123:

Rate please

Right now I buy @ 78.. May go higher or lower depending on the rate in August.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 4:21pm On Jul 04, 2022
AirBay:

Opinion outpost, mobrog......

Do These things work bro?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by midasfx(m): 4:26pm On Jul 04, 2022
Afternoon everyone,

Please is the below clause the norm on tenancy agreements? note that this is for a 12-month tenancy agreement.

"The landlord reserves the right to review the rent on a six-monthly basis and/or when the tenancy is renewed. The landlord may elect to increase the rent to bring it in line with the current market rent of similar properties in the area."

Kindly advise.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 4:29pm On Jul 04, 2022
hustla:

Do These things work bro?

Now, I am not sure. 2018....made cool cash from surveys but it requires time, a lot of time.

Received different items. Infact there was one that cost £500, a Dyson vacuum cleaner
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 4:33pm On Jul 04, 2022
hustla:

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

No one go send your Nigerian police report

If you like obtain your Nigerian police report from heaven, without DBS, you're just wasting your time
grin

I might have to disagree with you on this. Look at the following real life instances.

1. Mr A couldn’t complete his SIA application until he presented “police character certificate”

2. Miss T was asked to produce a police character certificate before she can complete her NHS onboarding/documentation process.

3. Police character certificate is one of the core documents needed by a certain mental health agency before you can start working with them.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2022
hustla:

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

No one go send your Nigerian police report

If you like obtain your Nigerian police report from heaven, without DBS, you're just wasting your time
grin

It depends, someone told me to bring police report after submitting dbs. I agree with you, most times, it is nonsense
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 4:52pm On Jul 04, 2022
Wow, please can you expound more on this?

jimpix11:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 5:00pm On Jul 04, 2022
Poanan:

It depends, someone told me to bring police report after submitting dbs. I agree with you, most times, it is nonsense

Most of the time, it is nonsense

I am yet to see anyone who brought one from 9ja and used it
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jimpix11: 5:01pm On Jul 04, 2022
bigtt76:
Wow, please can you expound more on this?

jimpix11:

After 3-4weeks of the trade, I received a letter from my bank that my account is on review. Also a letter came from the police inviting me for an interview regarding a money Laundering allegation. At the station, I was given a list of sellers on binance that reported my account to their bank. The report made was that I scammed them on a telegram investment group.

The only solution is to sell to ppl you know. selling for naira and exchanging to pounds may be another option but losses go dy.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2022
rayralph:

I might have to disagree with you on this. Look at the following real life instances.

1. Mr A couldn’t complete his SIA application until he presented “police character certificate”

2. Miss T was asked to produce a police character certificate before she can complete her NHS onboarding/documentation process.

3. Police character certificate is one of the core documents needed by a certain mental health agency before you can start working with them.

Well, you could be right

99% of the time though, without UK DBS, you are just wasting your time

Btw, do you know a lot about SIA certs?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2022
Newbie123:

Wow. Now I'm scared. Lol. Thanks for the headsup

Yeah, it’s scary with so many sad stories. sell to naira, then exchanged naira to pounds. I used Omopapa some months back and he came through. Before going the Naira to pounds route, be sure to have a way of dealing with deceit/fraud in Naija (simply put: CONTACT).

PS: I don’t know Omopapa personally, never met him. I only mentioned him cos he helped move around £6k from naira. I think that’s worth recommending. but I don’t know him and never met him

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2022
Wow ...this is quite insightful. Why are people this wicked. Same thing with Nigerian merchants, you trade with them, next thing they claim they've not received your transfer and keep you waiting till you appeal. P2P trading is always risky. Thanks for sharing.

jimpix11:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 6:09pm On Jul 04, 2022
Why not sign up for a crypto debit card, use the USDT to prefund it and then spend using your card undecided

Newbie123:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.