Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,421 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:09 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (523) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1145533 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 11:24am On Jul 18, 2022
Sinchester:
Since arriving the Uk this year, one thing i have come to know or notice about Nigerians who have lived here longer is them always claiming to know everything about anything. They always claim to be knowledgeable about everything that concerns the Uk especially when they notice you're new in the UK and seek for advice on things. My brethren, be careful with these type of people. I'd say they're 90% of Nigerians here who have these traits. They'll mislead you, give you false information and leave you to your fate if it goes wrong for you. I see some of them on this thread and wont mention name. Sometimes i wonder if they do these things intentionally just to get you into some type of difficulty or problem. I am saying this from an ugly experience i just got out of and that has made me have a rethink of wanting to really join the Nigerian community. Be mindful of "some" Nigerians here who always want to claim elder and Mr know it all. Them no sabi anything and most of them who claim to have been here longer don't have papers, na pali oni pali dem dey use and trust me, you that came in via student route, work visa are way better than them. They are filled with pure undiluted wickedness. Just my 2cent though.

There’s too much negativity in this your post, especially the bolded, Just because you had a bad experience from one person. 90% is too high to tar people on this forum. Based on my experience, many people on this forum are only trying to help. What your post has done is to discourage people from giving out the little knowledge they know about certain things. Maybe it will be better for them to keep quiet so there’s no backlash. So many people have come on here to testify how information on here helped them with their application or save money. It’s always nice to choose our words carefully.

We are all here to learn form each other both new and old.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 11:27am On Jul 18, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Best you post advice you received, that was wrong. .... So others can learn .......

Nobody is either a fountain/island of knowledge.........

Should I post my passport here, to show you I am not using ori o lori ............. grin cheesy

Lmao grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 11:38am On Jul 18, 2022
[quote author=Amarathripple0 post=114846892]

While I sympathise with you on your experience, it does not in anyway mean that this thread is filled with wrong information or wicked “Nigerians” looking to make people’s lives difficult. For any wrong or outdated information, there’s a counter argument. Regarding your situation, I remember Boris and a few others saying STUDENTS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR COUNCIL flats and they argued it to their bones. So WHY DIDN’T YOU TAKE THEIR ADVICE INSTEAD? You should have done your own little RESEARCH offline as well before taking up a council flat as a student. I apologise in advance for sounding mean but Na you cause trouble for yourself, nobody on this thread did this to you but YOU! So learn from your mistake by RESEARCHING things before putting your hands in it and stop blaming others for your own actions. Stay blessed. [/quote}

Gbam!!! @ bolded. it amazes me how people make life/important decisions based on information from this thread without doing extra research. Not to discredit information given by people here but please do your research in addition to what you see here. there are some queries or questions people ask here that a google search would answer and if nobody replies the post/question the person will come back and start ranting that nobody wants to help.

I believe lots of people here are genuine but then as lots of people have said their info could be outdated, specific to location, personal experience/favour. In summary DO YOUR RESEARCH and add to whatever answers you get over here.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 11:42am On Jul 18, 2022
the feeling you get when you receive a brown envelope from HMRC.

you open it and see P800

then you read it and it says you have paid too much tax HMRC will refund you £XXXX.XX, free peppersoup and goat meat for everyone

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Rubyventures: 11:49am On Jul 18, 2022
For those of you seeking properties to rent:-

Checking right to rent with a share code?
Many international tenants (non-British citizens) renting in England can confirm their right to rent by providing you
with their date of birth and a share code. You can then verify these details via the Home Office’s online checking
service. From 6 April 2022, tenants will no longer be able to use a Biometric Residence Card or Permit to prove their
right to rent. They'll need to provide you with a share code instead. Each code is valid for 30 days. If their share
code has expired or is for the wrong Home Office service (e.g. right to work), you must ask them to send a new code.
Please note: You are legally required to check your tenants' right to rent. You must retain evidence of any online or
in-person check, in print, as a PDF, or HTML file.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:50am On Jul 18, 2022
deept:

you open it and see P800

then you read it and it says you have paid too much tax HMRC will refund you £XXXX.XX, free peppersoup and goat meat for everyone

And another envelope the next year, stating you underpaid tax ........... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Rubyventures: 11:51am On Jul 18, 2022
Lexusgs430:

You have just bursted his bubble , grin grin How cruel grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 11:53am On Jul 18, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I received that one last year
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 11:58am On Jul 18, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I honestly would not know if school taxi is deemed public funds, but using my mind (whilst intoxicated), I would say it's taxpayers funds.........

Those in the school that advised you, don't fully understand the complexities of immigration regulations...........

If in doubt, get an immigration lawyers opinion or someone with a similar issue............

Baba don dey waka jeje before dem say your advice sent them back to sango ota grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Rubyventures: 12:01pm On Jul 18, 2022
Sinchester:

Oh dear. I think at this point i better sign out.

What is it about glass houses ..... and stones ? grin grin Just joking .... grin

Don't go,..... this thread has been a bit boring of late, we need people like you to liven it up......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 12:02pm On Jul 18, 2022
deept:

you open it and see P800

Mehn!!! Imagine me coming from vacation and feeling guilty i spent over budget and then came to see HMRC refund letter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:05pm On Jul 18, 2022
kode12:

Baba don dey waka jeje before dem say your advice sent them back to sango ota grin grin grin

To be forewarned.......... wink

Walk in like say broken bottles dey ground....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 12:19pm On Jul 18, 2022
Lexusgs430:

To be forewarned.......... wink

Walk in like say broken bottles dey ground....... grin

Lol.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2022
iboboyswag:
... #Tableshaker
On a lighter note, arguments exist so that one may obtain balanced views of competing ideas. After listening to both sides, the onus is on you to DYOR.
I hope you all are having a great morning. And how is the heat at your end?
Enjoy while it last like an Adamawa heat wave abi na di 1 with Jos coolness. Unlike me wey 'port' out (for now) enjoying coldness in the southern hemisphere!
Well, Na so #BBC come nack say
could be its hottest day in history, with temperatures forecast to top 40C (104F)
- meaning even the fit and healthy are at risk of injury or death
-Red warning area: London, Leeds, Birmingham, Cambridge, Manchester and York today & morrow
Amber warnings: rest of England, Wales and the south of Scotland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by iboboyswag(m): 1:01pm On Jul 18, 2022
semmyk:

Enjoy while it last like an Adamawa heat wave abi na di 1 with Jos coolness. Unlike me wey 'port' out (for now) enjoying coldness in the southern hemisphere!
Well, Na so #BBC come nack say
could be its hottest day in history, with temperatures forecast to top 40C (104F)
- meaning even the fit and healthy are at risk of injury or death
-Red warning area: London, Leeds, Birmingham, Cambridge, Manchester and York today & morrow
Amber warnings: rest of England, Wales and the south of Scotland

Man,I never thought I would complain of heat in Eliza's country. But it is what it is...

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 1:02pm On Jul 18, 2022
He/she has apologized. It’s okay.
Do not throw the baby away with the bath water.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lilmessis(m): 1:11pm On Jul 18, 2022
deept:

you open it and see P800

wink
deept:

you open it and see P800

where is it na
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 1:33pm On Jul 18, 2022
donald197:
Hi elders I applied for IHS refund and my claim was successful. I am to get payment into the account I paid with within 6 weeks.

The issue now is I paid with barter by flutterwave and they ve shut down today.

Is there anyway to contact visa team about this development and will they accept a new bank details?

Also, contact Flutterwave if possible. They should have some relevant advice.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by KOVIC19COVID20: 1:39pm On Jul 18, 2022
Na wa oh….

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 1:44pm On Jul 18, 2022
If you are claiming to be an elder and mr know all but u no get paper and na pali oni pali u dey use like this post I want to check something

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2022
deept:

you open it and see P800

Oh, nice! They have started sending those out? I am expecting quite some refund, thankfully.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jagaban82: 2:46pm On Jul 18, 2022
Wuna dey complained heat,check out Bahrain temperatures
KOVIC19COVID20:
Na wa oh….
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:52pm On Jul 18, 2022
omopapa:
https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/sIKIROVZYb?XL=MIMNS

this 25.3% variable for purchases

Do you have an idea what they mean?

Thanks!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by igbsam(m): 4:54pm On Jul 18, 2022
All in the name of heat wave, people don nearly naked dey waka for the whole of manchester. Picadilly is something else. Na Grace of God i take dey wait for bus like this. If you know, you know grin grin grin But make i no lie the weather hot true true. Reminds me of my days in sokoto. I had to take off my top. As son of man body don dey use to cold weather. we need to re-adjust.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by olenime(m): 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2022
I need 4k pounds guys for tuition payments.
Ive got naira!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by donluclay(m): 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2022
Send me a message

olenime:
I need 4k pounds guys for tuition payments.
Ive got naira!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2022
jagaban82:
Wuna dey complained heat,check out Bahrain temperatures
Omo na UK we dey live oh no be Bahrain and IT IS HOT! embarassed.. allow us complain biko nu.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2022
Lol, I gather runways are melting at Luton and at an RAF base.
The asphalt must have been designed for different operating temperatures.
This heat is normal for Abuja airport or any given airport in the north.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2022
iboboyswag:

Man,I never thought I would complain of heat in Eliza's country. But it is what it is...

Buy portable AC units, if you don't want to roast indoors........ wink

Not humidifiers or glorified fans wey una go dey pour ice blocks inside........... smiley

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:
Lol, I gather runways are melting at Luton and at an RAF base.
The asphalt must have been designed for different operating temperatures.
This heat is normal for Abuja airport or any given airport in the north.

Lol God help us all if Putin decides to invade today, as the entire air fleet will be grounded at the minute cheesy cheesy cheesy. Brize Norton is RAF’s largest air base and its runways have melted

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 6:04pm On Jul 18, 2022
icon8:

Lol God help us all if Putin decides to invade today, as the entire air fleet will be grounded at the minute cheesy cheesy cheesy. Brize Norton is RAF’s largest air base

Can you imagine? I was reading an article today which stated that the UK generally built its railways and airport infrastructure to function at operating temps of -10 to 35°C, while the Soviet Union generally built theirs to function at -15 to 45°C. So this small heat we have today which is not even up to a normal Lagos day is causing chaos in the UK's railway and airports while Russian MIG-23 pilots might be warming up their engines dey wait signal.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gloriouscrown: 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I honestly would not know if school taxi is deemed public funds, but using my mind (whilst intoxicated), I would say it's taxpayers funds.........

Those in the school that advised you, don't fully understand the complexities of immigration regulations...........

If in doubt, get an immigration lawyers opinion or someone with a similar issue............

Thanks Chief

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (1007)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.