Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,273 members, 7,807,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1167779 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jum33: 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2022
bigtt76:
They want to lure you into renting an airBnB cheesy

Renting an airbnb indeed ? I have a friend that was duped £1.5k with that same formula,this one is a scam.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2022
Wow

jum33:

Renting an airbnb indeed ? I have a friend that was duped £1.5k with that same formula,this one is a scam.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 5:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
LagosismyHome:

I saw a comment on Facebook where a girl asked if Nigeria was on a banned list and how she couldn't get Cos...so i messaged her that there no ban list for carer

Fast forward 2 months later, I saw her advertising that anyone who looking for cos should contact her. I message her and realised it was the same person taking of banned list some weeks ago. I said are u now in UK. She said no but she gotten her cos and doing visa. I said how come you are then advertising you have carer job to offer

She said where she got cos are also looking for people so she decided to make some money . So she advertising and if she connect you to them she charge a whooping 7k GBP to be paid to her in naira .I asked did you pay that for your cos, she said no but she turning this to her side hussle. To say I was shocked is an understatement. Someone who hasn't even stepped foot in UK
Wow this is horrible! A whole £7K, what sort of witchcraft is this. Honestly, this is why we have such a bad name. I’m an advocate for championing out loud that Nigerians are generally good people and I defend us at every chance I get but if we are being honest, the bad ones still plenty that’s why we are overly cautious when our fellow Nigerians are nice to us. I mean look at our government, they are a reflection of who we are. As a matter of fact, I hear it’s so hard to get US visa appointment in Nigeria because our people have booked majority of the dates and are selling them. If this isn’t wickedness I don’t know what it is. Anyway, may the good ones continue to rep us well. God Dey!

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by iboboyswag(m): 7:28pm On Aug 30, 2022
Please anyone...
Theguy4rmhr, lexusgs430, lagosismyhome, justwise

How does a company go about becoming a sponsor? Like what are the steps needed to obtain a sponsorship license.

I am checking online but I want to know if anyone here has had a personal experience putting an employer through on that. My employer has dropped the ball in my court. Does anyone know the steps.

Please treat as urgent!

Thanks plenty in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 7:32pm On Aug 30, 2022
iboboyswag:
Please anyone...
Theguy4rmhr, lexusgs430, lagosismyhome, justwise

How does a company go about becoming a sponsor? Like what are the steps needed to obtain a sponsorship license.

I am checking online but I want to know if anyone here has had a personal experience putting an employer through on that. My employer has dropped the ball in my court. Does anyone know the steps.

Please treat as urgent!

Thanks plenty in advance.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-visa-sponsorship-employers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2022
LagosismyHome:

This bold ehnnnn. Indians have perfected this like a well oiled machine . Not just UK self , in USA na them dey grab majority of h1b. I give it to them shaA lot of them belive they rise by lifting their own .

Recently I met a Zimbabwe woman who has a care establishment. She brought 30 of her people, all given free Cos, but if it was a Nigerian.....never, we still dey learn for that department

Nigerian biz concern can also give fellow Nigerians but you can be sure @ an exorbitant cost
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 8:08pm On Aug 30, 2022
Amarathripple0:

Wow this is horrible! A whole £7K, what sort of witchcraft is this. Honestly, this is why we have such a bad name. I’m an advocate for championing out loud that Nigerians are generally good people and I defend us at every chance I get but if we are being honest, the bad ones still plenty that’s why we are overly cautious when our fellow Nigerians are nice to us. I mean look at our government, they are a reflection of who we are. As a matter of fact, I hear it’s so hard to get US visa appointment in Nigeria because our people have booked majority of the dates and are selling them. If this isn’t wickedness I don’t know what it is. Anyway, may the good ones continue to rep us well. God Dey!
Look at this popular thread they are even selling for 8k
https://www.nairaland.com/6748312/uk-skilled-worker-visa-health/204#116185243
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 8:09pm On Aug 30, 2022
LagosismyHome:

I saw a comment on Facebook where a girl asked if Nigeria was on a banned list and how she couldn't get Cos...so i messaged her that there no ban list for carer

Fast forward 2 months later, I saw her advertising that anyone who looking for cos should contact her. I message her and realised it was the same person taking of banned list some weeks ago. I said are u now in UK. She said no but she gotten her cos and doing visa. I said how come you are then advertising you have carer job to offer

She said where she got cos are also looking for people so she decided to make some money . So she advertising and if she connect you to them she charge a whooping 7k GBP to be paid to her in naira .I asked did you pay that for your cos, she said no but she turning this to her side hussle. To say I was shocked is an understatement. Someone who hasn't even stepped foot in UK
They are even selling for 8k here on nairaland
Why wont someone want to avoid nigerians?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 8:10pm On Aug 30, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

Maybe because more Indians can access the UK through skilled worker visas so proportionally fewer bother to use the study visa route?

Definitely once Nigerians find the perfect hack to work visa - which only gained wider popularity late last year and early 2022 due to the HCA inclusion in the tier 2 route, the wide gap will be reduced and population won’t matter
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OlaLiberty(m): 8:11pm On Aug 30, 2022
Please can someone suggest how to convert Euro to Naira or Pounds at a good rate.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 8:12pm On Aug 30, 2022
AlphaUno:

Nigerian biz concern can also give fellow Nigerians but you can be sure @ an exorbitant cost
infact 8k is the minimum
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 8:17pm On Aug 30, 2022
dustbin007:
I wonder when you people would get tired of this trope that "Nigerians are evil, and don't help each other"
It's a smelling narrative abeg. You people bring it up every 2 market days and it's tiring. On this same thread, we've seen people literally go out of their ways and come through for complete faceless strangers. Me personally, I've seen Nigerians do amazing things for people, sometimes complete strangers. Some of us have as well done wonderful things to help others, but here you are repeating the same narrative everyday. There are good and bad people everywhere, Nigeria and India alike. Indians and other people also do horrible things abeg.
You people will keep championing this narrative until it becomes a stereotype that the world would use to define Nigerians, and when that happens, its still you people that will scream rAcIsM
Imagine selling cos for 8k to your fellow nigerian. This is what an indian can never do
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Action doesn't hide ooo..... The indians who people praise, it not even them singing their praise but you can visible see it and it others that praise it . They go about lifting and you can see them growing and pushing others out

If majorities of Nigerians were doing it, no matter the smelling narrative, it would easily be disproven

I don't know about evil but a lot of our people no dey try .... some but a lot don't. Maybe if we keep pricking our conscience by saying how it is then maybe we can change to do better . Kudos to you and all who do amazing things .

When you sell slot for work visa, why wont i avoid nigerians? Immigration numbers dont lie
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 8:22pm On Aug 30, 2022
jagbasneh:
Good morning guyz my resumption date inside my COS is 10th of September and my biometric date is also 10th of September cause that's the closet date i saw for my appointment, i hope it'll not affect my chance on getting visa? As the two dates clash

Get in touch with your employer and also try and access walk-in @ TLS if available.

It’s always a nightmare accessing these services from July to early March every year (though, there’s usually a month respite from late Oct to November)

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 8:42pm On Aug 30, 2022
jesmond3945:
infact 8k is the minimum

I blame those who get desperate and fall for such. When people say people don’t read again, this is one of such - information abound on the net but my people are still deeply engrossed in the ‘rat race’ at the lowest rung of the ladder.

Though, we all run the rat race, but e get different levels
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ayowolebami(f): 8:50pm On Aug 30, 2022
Good evening ancestors, please I'd like to ask if anyone here has ever tried using any of the virtual banking platform to convert money from USD Dom account in naija to Pounds?

For instance converting dollars to pounds directly from a USD account domiciled in Nigeria (not minding the cross conversion rate).

I'd like to know other viable options to access one's funds asides taking out cash from the account in naija or having debit card to withdraw from the account outside the country.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 9:09pm On Aug 30, 2022
Ayowolebami:
Good evening ancestors, please I'd like to ask if anyone here has ever tried using any of the virtual banking platform to convert money from USD Dom account in naija to Pounds?

For instance converting dollars to pounds directly from a USD account domiciled in Nigeria (not minding the cross conversion rate).

I'd like to know other viable options to access one's funds asides taking out cash from the account in naija or having debit card to withdraw from the account outside the country.
So I used Wise (formerly Transferwise) for this when I was in Naija. I used my GTB dollar card to pay money into my wise GBP account.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ayowolebami(f): 9:33pm On Aug 30, 2022
Amarathripple0:

So I used Wise (formerly Transferwise) for this when I was in Naija. I used my GTB dollar card to pay money into my wise GBP account.

Thanks for this Amara but I don't have any card linked to the Dom account. It's the lack of card that's making me seek other possible alternative.

Also, I sent you an email a few days back please epp a sista sad
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 1stdami(m): 9:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
Pogracious:
Hello my people,
Please who can recommend an health travel insurance for me as I want to travel to Sweden.Which one can I use or buy from the UK here.
Any suggestions is welcomed for those that have got one when they visited the schegen state.

Thank you

Can we connect please I am travelling to Sweden soon also.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 1stdami(m): 10:08pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hello guys, Can someone on a tourist visa travel to the Uk from Nigeria using EgyptAir or travel back to Nigeria from the Uk?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 10:22pm On Aug 30, 2022
jesmond3945:

They are even selling for 8k here on nairaland
Why wont someone want to avoid nigerians?

I saw that ooo , something that is suppose to free ...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phelixblaq(m): 11:10pm On Aug 30, 2022
jesmond3945:
infact 8k is the minimum

8k is small oo, I have seen a Nigerian man who have uk license to sponsor people but will take 15-17k from them on this ground. No jokes

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 11:31pm On Aug 30, 2022
Phelixblaq:

8k is small oo, I have seen a Nigerian man who have uk license to sponsor people but will take 15-17k from them on this ground. No jokes

Pure Greed
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Strata1716: 5:46am On Aug 31, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 9:42am On Aug 31, 2022
Hi everyone, how can I get Overseas police check in UK. This employer is asking me, help a brother biko…

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akorkor(f): 9:53am On Aug 31, 2022
Hello there, my people.

longest time o. How is this increase in energy affecting life here? I understand that now is not the best time to switch energy providers, but biko I dislike prepaid because at my previous residence, I was spending up to £120 per month on both gas and electricity, and this is me being frugal o. Take note that I was the only one who stayed at this time. Now that I've moved to another house with postpaid, my life has been wonderful. The estimated cost of gas and electricity is less than 50 pounds. So, I'm planning on moving out again, but provider are British Electricity and Scottish Gas, both of which are prepaid. I'd like to go postpaid. Is there a way to do this?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 10:33am On Aug 31, 2022
Hi team,

I need pounds please.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 10:50am On Aug 31, 2022
Strata1716:
Please if you’ve had a long layover in Doha airport, is there any where one can sleep without payment. I have a 10 hour layover and I’m thinking about where I’d sleep, please hotels are not an option because of cost.

It's a massive Airport with lots of chairs, benches, many are quite comfortable to sleep in if you're not ajebota. But if you're a ajebota, you can easily get a lounge. There's Wifi, Charging points so you can use your gadgets, walk around, read a book. 10 hours is quite long though especially if you don't have family or friends to gist with but you'd be fine sha. It's not that serious.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 31, 2022
Akorkor:
Hello there, my people.

longest time o. How is this increase in energy affecting life here? I understand that now is not the best time to switch energy providers, but biko I dislike prepaid because at my previous residence, I was spending up to £120 per month on both gas and electricity, and this is me being frugal o. Take note that I was the only one who stayed at this time. Now that I've moved to another house with postpaid, my life has been wonderful. The estimated cost of gas and electricity is less than 50 pounds. So, I'm planning on moving out again, but provider are British Electricity and Scottish Gas, both of which are prepaid. I'd like to go postpaid. Is there a way to do this?
I'm also interested.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 1:45pm On Aug 31, 2022
Please i am looking for a referal into consulting. I was told referaal is the surest way. Any type of consulting; mangement, fiancial, audit etc.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 1:47pm On Aug 31, 2022
Strata1716:
Please if you’ve had a long layover in Doha airport, is there any where one can sleep without payment. I have a 10 hour layover and I’m thinking about where I’d sleep, please hotels are not an option because of cost.

Ask them when you get there. Dome will not tell you until you ask
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 3:19pm On Aug 31, 2022
Poanan:
Please i am looking for a referal into consulting. I was told referaal is the surest way. Any type of consulting; mangement, fiancial, audit etc.
Lol I doubt anyone here would refer you for any role. Connect with people on LinkedIn who work with companies to which you would like to be referred. Send them a message after they accept your connection request, thanking them for connecting with you and asking them to please refer you for a specific role. So make sure you search for the role(s) you want to apply for on the company's site and share the link with them. I wish you all the best.

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.