Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (654) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1168310 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 11:39pm On Oct 09, 2022
Mamatukwas:
So In our council regional football league the top goal scorer and MVP is a sweet looking Yoruba Angel. Top lad.

For some reason the tin dey sweet my belle specially grin I love it when Nigerians are shining anywhere!

Edit to say- all the town people are worried that bigger clubs will steal him in January. Na dem dey rush the guy! Love it so mush.
I love this! May the good ones continue to shine grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 5:57am On Oct 10, 2022
umarwy:

Umigidi

Ok, never heard of it before
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omoolomo678: 6:35am On Oct 10, 2022
Solumtoya:

I was avoiding giving out personal details but here you go: Within two months of arriving on a Student-dependant visa, I got two offers of £40k, I had to renegotiate and increased the other to £50k and accepted. I rejected Huboo's offer. Won't mention the name of the one I accepted. I have long left that job for a better one.

My friend who is a student that came last year has gotten a Permanent offer with an Energy
Company for £50k and Visa Sponsorship. Due to his student status, he works just 3 times a week till he graduates next month and he will start working full-time. Another friend is a student of a 2-year course he only started in January but got an offer with HSBC last month.

I see your point but I want to correct your notion.
How can I reach you baba, i need you to put me through some steps thank You in anticipation
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:02am On Oct 10, 2022
eniola1010:

Thanks so much for your input.
I just need you to clarify something for me please f i am not asking too much.

1) are you really sure having exploring other countries will help in boosting the approval rate of one's usa visitor applicaton?
Because on the ds160 form. I did not see anywhere where they asked someone to fill any country he has visited in the past.

So how would this really help someone's case.

Just like the case of invitation letter back in those days, we all feel its very crucial, not later on did we realize its not so necessary.

2) back in those days, people always say its more easier to visit usa from uk.
However, having gone through the usa thread on nairaland. I found out that be it you applying from nigeria or applying from uk the next appointment date will still be over 150days thereabout.

Why then do people say its easier to apply from uk as if it makes the appointment date earlier?

Or am i getting something wrong?

Thanks for ur input.

Cc @walexwal @LagosismyHome @justwise @Lexusgs430

Unfortunately, I would not know how the USA visa application works.......

All I require when I travel to the states, is to call Auntie Esther......... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:04am On Oct 10, 2022
umarwy:

Umigidi

Umidigi......... U & MI DIGITAL....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jum33: 7:10am On Oct 10, 2022
Ancestors in the house ,how do I throw this TV license people off my radar .Not even up to 2 weeks I barely settle in my new apartment that that i got their letter to my apartment ( addressed to the occupier, not to my name directly sha ) that I should prepare to pay for my TV license. I actually got a TV which I used to keep my kids busy till they get they school admission and I I plan to do away with it after my broadband has been installed. Kindly show me steps to deal with this people with wisdom without breaking the law cos for now i don't have any TV license on my budget list for now ,already too many direct debit on my account this months o, I am a still a jjc
Baba lexusgs430 , I dey greet o , cheesy abeg enlight me more about this your iptv stuff if it will help my kids to be watching TV without requiring TV license.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jum33: 7:27am On Oct 10, 2022
EmeeNaka:
Really? that's bad.
I know two individuals that are also new, they got cheap insurance. They always recommend Marshmallow and all that, but I believe there is something more they do that they would not tell anyone because I have done everything they said but it's not working.
How much are you getting with which car model
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 8:04am On Oct 10, 2022
eniola1010:

Thanks so much for your input.
I just need you to clarify something for me please f i am not asking too much.

1) are you really sure having exploring other countries will help in boosting the approval rate of one's usa visitor applicaton?
Because on the ds160 form. I did not see anywhere where they asked someone to fill any country he has visited in the past.

So how would this really help someone's case.

Just like the case of invitation letter back in those days, we all feel its very crucial, not later on did we realize its not so necessary.

2) back in those days, people always say its more easier to visit usa from uk.
However, having gone through the usa thread on nairaland. I found out that be it you applying from nigeria or applying from uk the next appointment date will still be over 150days thereabout.

Why then do people say its easier to apply from uk as if it makes the appointment date earlier?

Or am i getting something wrong?

Thanks for ur input.

Cc @walexwal @LagosismyHome @justwise @Lexusgs430

The us visa process is a highly subjective process so there is no formular, there is no tips there is nothing apart from trial and error based on the Voices in the Vo head .......

Two people can do exactly the same thing and get two opposite result that how subjective it is

The only way to get US visa is to try and see which way the ball swings

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by frankadrian: 8:15am On Oct 10, 2022
Hello ancestors lol, after booking for a return flight with KLM for my partner, I just learnt from a friend that she needs a transit visa for the stop-over at Amsterdam, can someone kindly confirm if this is true?

Secondly, what would you advice? Should I apply for a transit visa or simply cancel and book with another airline, bearing in mind that her trip is for the 28th of this month?

Is the process of getting a transit visa an easy one? Also, how much would that likely cost? I did try to get some information online but most of them weren't exactly clear.

Thank you for your kindly input.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:16am On Oct 10, 2022
jum33:
Ancestors in the house ,how do I throw this TV license people off my radar .Not even up to 2 weeks I barely settle in my new apartment that that i got their letter to my apartment ( addressed to the occupier, not to my name directly sha ) that I should prepare to pay for my TV license. I actually got a TV which I used to keep my kids busy till they get they school admission and I I plan to do away with it after my broadband has been installed. Kindly show me steps to deal with this people with wisdom without breaking the law cos for now i don't have any TV license on my budget list for now ,already too many direct debit on my account this months o, I am a still a jjc
Baba lexusgs430 , I dey greet o , cheesy abeg enlight me more about this your iptv stuff if it will help my kids to be watching TV without requiring TV license.

Don't open your door to TV licence agents.......... wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:19am On Oct 10, 2022
frankadrian:
Hello ancestors lol, after booking for a return flight with KLM for my partner, I just learnt from a friend that she needs a transit visa for the stop-over at Amsterdam, can someone kindly confirm if this is true?

Secondly, what would you advice? Should I apply for a transit visa or simply cancel and book with another airline, bearing in mind that her trip is for the 28th of this month?

Is the process of getting a transit visa an easy one? Also, how much would that likely cost? I did try to get some information online but most of them weren't exactly clear.

Thank you for your kindly input.

We have discussed this matter, on numerous occasions........ With no clear path........

To avoid denied boarding, just book a direct flight.........

Or be a Guinea pig ....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by frankadrian: 8:44am On Oct 10, 2022
Lexusgs430:

We have discussed this matter, on numerous occasions........ With no clear path........

To avoid denied boarding, just book a direct flight.........

Or be a Guinea pig ....... grin

Omo. Alright then, will cancel the flight with KLM. I hope they refund quick quick
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:49am On Oct 10, 2022
frankadrian:

Omo. Alright then, will cancel the flight with KLM. I hope they refund quick quick

Hope you bought a refundable ticket.......... smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 9:02am On Oct 10, 2022
God bless you all fam and top of the morning to you all. Please, does anyone have a sure plug for fast tracking passport at the embassy?
Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by frankadrian: 9:05am On Oct 10, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Hope you bought a refundable ticket.......... smiley

If it's not, then na to find transit visa. Do you know if that can be done in a week or two?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Folabifreeman(m): 9:15am On Oct 10, 2022
mex551:
. Come to my DM. Let me help you set up your Amex Use this link

https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/eMeKAOydtG?XL=MIANS

How do you set up Amex
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 9:44am On Oct 10, 2022
Bringing USD to the UK or changing USD to GBP in Naija which is the better option?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by seunoj: 9:54am On Oct 10, 2022
kode12:
Bringing USD to the UK or changing USD to GBP in Naija which is the better option?
Sell usd and buy pounds in naija.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jum33: 9:59am On Oct 10, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Don't open your door to TV licence agents.......... wink
What should I just tell them, that I don't have TV and that is all ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:02am On Oct 10, 2022
jum33:

What should I just tell them, that I don't have TV and that is all ?

Some people do that....... I just don't bother........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by EmeeNaka: 10:34am On Oct 10, 2022
jum33:

How much are you getting with which car model
Peugeot 207. Automatic, petrol. #55000 mileage. Getting #1800 and thereabout.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 11:17am On Oct 10, 2022
I can’t describe the joy that comes with saving money on tickets! It’s one of the BEST things about owning an Amex card IMO. Transferred my points on Saturday and it applied today! In this economy it’s the best grin

If you want to join Amex on any product biko use my referral link https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/uGONNCZurD?XL=MIMNS

We both get points! Xx

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Strata1716: 11:48am On Oct 10, 2022
Mamatukwas:
I can’t describe the joy that comes with saving money on tickets! It’s one of the BEST things about owning an Amex card IMO. Transferred my points on Saturday and it applied today! In this economy it’s the best grin

If you want to join Amex on any product biko use my referral link https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/uGONNCZurD?XL=MIMNS

We both get points! Xx

Please what bank can I open to get this card
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2022
Strata1716:

Please what bank can I open to get this card

It’s not tied to a specific bank. You apply and they either approve you or not but their approval rate even for new comers is quite good.

It’s a standalone credit card service.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Walexwal: 12:38pm On Oct 10, 2022
Mamatukwas:

We both get points! Xx

Do they go through hard checks before approving or rejecting application?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 10, 2022
Walexwal:

Yes. All credit cards (and credit products generally - with few exceptions) do hard checks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Henrymas(m): 12:51pm On Oct 10, 2022
A friend of mine who is based in London, England,gave me hope, by asking me to go ahead and apply for a post-graduate program if I have up to #2,000,000. That he would guide me on how to obtain study loan in the UK to aid my tuition payment and other expenses which I will pay back with interest. The icing on the cake was when He said, I can go with my wife and daughter as dependents.
I was very excited but unfortunately since last month after we had the discussion he stopped picking my calls.
Please, does anyone know about this study loan facility and how to go about it? Kindly, provide me with information. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 12:55pm On Oct 10, 2022
Walexwal:

What @koonbey said. Mostly hard checks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2022
Henrymas:
A friend of mine who is based in London, England,gave me hope, by asking me to go ahead and apply for a post-graduate program if I have up to #2,000,000. That he would guide me on how to obtain study loan in the UK to aid my tuition payment and other expenses which I will pay back with interest. The icing on the cake was when He said, I can go with my wife and daughter as dependents.
I was very excited but unfortunately since last month after we had the discussion he stopped picking my calls.
Please, does anyone know about this study loan facility and how to go about it? Kindly, provide me with information. Thanks.

The universe might be giving you a sign. If you can, do the research yourself then come back to ask specific questions if you need clarification. All of what you need is on the internet and sometimes people are too busy to give you feedback as fast as you’d like. Wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bidosko(m): 1:05pm On Oct 10, 2022
In the letter , there is a website link that you can go to and write in there that you do not watch live tv stations and you only use your tv for gaming . They wont disturb you for a year . It is calledno tv license needed. You can search Google for it
jum33:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by businessnow: 1:31pm On Oct 10, 2022
Greetings to everyone

My family and I moved to Scotland in January of this year. My wife is a student while I am the dependant.

Please, I need clarification on this.

I hope this is not accessing public funds, and if it is, how do we stop the payment and send the payment back?

We have 3 children, 1 in P7 and the other 2 in S1 and S4.

1. My children have been using the Scotland bus pass, which is free for children under 22 in Scotland.

Young Persons' Free Bus Travel Scheme

https://getyournec.scot/nec/

2. Before the end of the last school term, the head teacher of my children's school sent me a link if we needed free school clothing and free meals for the children for the new term.

which I filled in. The link was under the council website.

Free School Meals and Clothing Grant

https://www.falkirk.gov.uk/services/schools-education/education-benefits-support/free-school-meals-clothing-grants/

Fast forward to August, when they resume the new term, and the sum of £120, £150, and £150, totalling £420, was sent to my account by the council for the free school clothing I applied for .

These two have been bothering me for a while. I hope this is not a long throat.

Now, today I received another £495 from the Council and an email to that effect.

They said the payment is for PAYMENT NOTIFICATION (COVID-19-TASKLING FOOD INSECURITY AND SUPPORT FOR INDIVIDUALS AT FINANCIAL RISK).

Dear Parent/Carer,

I am pleased to advise you that Falkirk Council is providing you with additional financial support of £165 per eligible pupil on or around Friday, October 7, 2022 as follows:

https://www.falkirk.gov.uk/services/schools-education/education-benefits-support/financial-support-pupils.aspx

Please, we need your candid advice and clarification on this as we are yet to renew our visa and we do want any issues with UKVI as regards to that when

applying for a Visa renewal.

Please amiable senior nairalander, I need your input and clarification on this.

@Mamatukwas
@Semmyk
@Hustla
@LagosismyHome
@Lexusgs430
@Amarathripple0

Thank You.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: WorldsNumber1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.