Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1167418 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2021
Cesresources:

Thank you. But hope the time I have left won't cause a problems with the application.

He will have to apply for a student dependant visa first to enable him enter the UK then apply for a Graduate dependant visa.
That's 2 applications within one month.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Blessedojay: 9:02pm On Nov 18, 2021
He applied last month Oct and the passport is still valid

Tobexin:
dont complicate issues! Apply get a new passport. The new passport will still show the old passport number! Life is easy! Declare the passport missing! I am sure it is missing that’s why you haven’t received it back. The home office won’t keep your passport for one year!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Blessedojay: 9:14pm On Nov 18, 2021
Can I still apply for a new passport and declare the other one missing?

Blessedojay:
He applied last month Oct and the passport is still valid

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Blessedojay: 9:23pm On Nov 18, 2021
Thanks...he sent a mail to ukvi to withdraw his application and till now we haven't heard anything from them. We are just scared of running out of time as he is to resume in Dec

dustydee:

This advice is wrong. his passport is not missing because he knows where it is and he hasn't been told it is missing. He should withdraw his application or wait patiently for the passport.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2021
Blessedojay:
Thanks...he sent a mail to ukvi to withdraw his application and till now we haven't heard anything from them. We are just scared of running out of time as he is to resume in Dec

Please don't panic. If he sees that he is running out of time, let him ask for extension of resumption date from his employer.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Blessedojay: 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2021
Thank you
dustydee:

Please don't panic. If he sees that he is running out of time, let him ask for extension of resumption date from his employer.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2021
Please what does the pre registration mean?
Safeob27:

Most schools are starting to request for ielts ..some have made it compulsory now..as nursing is becoming very competitive especially msc nursing ( pre-registration)…if your waec is older than 10 years, you would have to write ielts oh..if you have any grade below C4 in English,you might have to write it too. Like uni of derby rejected lots of people who did not have C4 in English and maths in waec. While for some schools , even if you have A1 in English, they would still require you to write ielts. For university of Bournemouth, if you have any grade less than B3 in English, you would need to write ielts

So just be prepared for any of the outcomes

Best of luck !
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2021
Cesresources:
Please I need your insights.

I have just over a month left on my Tier 4 visa, can my dependent still apply?

The thing is, there is a project that he is yet to complete in Nigeria, as such he couldn't move with me. The project is still ongoing but now, with PSW inching close i am at a loss of whst to do as the documentation on the PSW regarding dependents is sketchy.

Some say dependents not in the UK cannot benefit even if they are listed on the original application, others carry different opinions. What's the take of the house.

Justwise, tobexin, lagosismyhome and all my seniors please help.

Hurry quickly and apply.... or else that dependent will not be on PSW

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by STENON(f): 9:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
justwise:

How much did you send the first time?

There is a sending limit from my understanding
£500 yesterday . Today I sent £1500 but it was a sad story. I have verified my documents so as to allow the daily limit of £2000. They have apologised and please kindly unquote this post and I am going to delete my previous post.

1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 9:47pm On Nov 18, 2021
brine:

WhatsApp
Oh I see! Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 9:55pm On Nov 18, 2021
Blessedojay:
Hello everybody, please I need your help
My husband got a job with nhs and the hospital already sent him his cos to apply for visa but before then he applied for standard visit visa in October because he wanted to write an exam in the UK. Up until now ukvi hasn't returned his passport even after sending several mails telling them why he needs the passport and he is to resume his new job in Dec. Please what can we do to get the passport back

October is just last month so its not out of place to have a month delay in visa application.

If your husband has his passport number he can still apply for tier 2 visa without submitting the passport, there is an option for withholding passport(Basically when the visa comes out the applicant will be asked to submit the passport for visa stamp)

Don't declare the passport missing because its not, he submitted it for visa application just last month.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 9:55pm On Nov 18, 2021
Tobexin:
dont complicate issues! Apply get a new passport. The new passport will still show the old passport number! Life is easy! Declare the passport missing! I am sure it is missing that’s why you haven’t received it back. The home office won’t keep your passport for one year!

This is just wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 9:58pm On Nov 18, 2021
STENON:
£500 yesterday . Today I sent £1500 but it was a sad story. I have verified my documents so as to allow the daily limit of £2000. They have apologised and please kindly unquote this post and I am going to delete my previous post.

Ok.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 11:17pm On Nov 18, 2021
bigtt76:
Go on Kyshi for good rates

What is their rate?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by geobreezyt: 11:22pm On Nov 18, 2021
Yea, heard the cost of living is not so high.

I want to know how working while studying looks like there. It appears there are few Nigerians there

MufasaLion:

Belfast shouldn't be too expensive.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by STENON(f): 1:27am On Nov 19, 2021

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Odedenshi1(m): 3:28am On Nov 19, 2021
Collect my small profit, take am chop puff puff and palm wine.......... wink

[/quote]

I for like join you for the puff puff choppings ooo if you show me the way to make $30 daily. I done pm you baba...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 6:08am On Nov 19, 2021
From N730 to as high as N800 but it's a marketplace styled currency exchange where you state your rate and anyone who is ok with it, locks it in. See screenshot attached.

justwise:

What is their rate?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tobexin(m): 8:30am On Nov 19, 2021
bigtt76:
From N730 to as high as N800 but it's a marketplace styled currency exchange where you state your rate and anyone who is ok with it, locks it in. See screenshot attached.

Most of those quotes are mere fictitious quotes! You click in trade and no one pays you.

Anyways my rate still remain highest in town N720 no commission! Would be launching my app soon and getting my FCA approval !

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Blessedojay: 8:41am On Nov 19, 2021
Thanks alot
Please will he be able to do his tuberculosis test without international passport as it is part of the requirement?
justwise:

October is just last month so its not out of place to have a month delay in visa application.

If your husband has his passport number he can still apply for tier 2 visa without submitting the passport, there is an option for withholding passport(Basically when the visa comes out the applicant will be asked to submit the passport for visa stamp)

Don't declare the passport missing because its not, he submitted it for visa application just last month.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 9:12am On Nov 19, 2021
Blessedojay:
Thanks alot
Please will he be able to do his tuberculosis test without international passport as it is part of the requirement?
I don't think so.

And best you book his test ASAP if you have not done so as the test centers are typically overbooked with no slots for weeks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chukwuka16: 11:50am On Nov 19, 2021
Tobexin:
Most of those quotes are mere fictitious quotes! You click in trade and no one pays you.

Anyways my rate still remain highest in town N720 no commission! Would be launching my app soon and getting my FCA approval !

FCA approval will be a plus. You could start off with HMRC AML and use that as leverage for FCA. Smooth though and far-thinking. Respect!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chukwuka16: 11:56am On Nov 19, 2021
Lexusgs430:

It's not all traders on Etoro, one copies ............ grin Some of them are drunken sailors, navigating a ship........

You check their risk score and types of assets they trade ...........

When copying, best to leave funds long term ......

Traders have colour coded stars on their profiles, black been the best aka Pro ........

Some rookies too are good, hence reading their profiles........

I have no forex trading skills, but someone I am copying is a professional forex trader...... I can see the pairs he trades, I simply copy and paste too on my personal portfolio, and close trade when my target is hit....... Collect my money and re enter position with same capital, less profits ........... grin

You should also spend some time on technical analysis (TA) - basic knowledge. It helps to validate the trades you copy. Charting helps as it literally predicts the future most times. Also check out Gregory Mannarino (a youtuber) and J Bravo (another youtuber). Helpful insights.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2021
Blessedojay:
Thanks alot

I'm not sure if the physical passport will be need or just the details
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2021
Really? I doubt it though because your wallet must be prefunded before you transact. Looking forward to your app though undecided

Tobexin:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 12:20pm On Nov 19, 2021
bigtt76:

Nah, looking for straight up exchange rate and not bidding, i have a lot of these apps. Probably have to send dollar to my account and withdraw in Nigeria.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2021
Tried WorldRemit, Barter (Flutterwave)?

justwise:

Nah, looking for straight up exchange rate and not bidding, i have a lot of these apps. Probably have to send dollar to my account and withdraw in Nigeria.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:58pm On Nov 19, 2021
Chukwuka16:

You should also spend some time on technical analysis (TA) - basic knowledge. It helps to validate the trades you copy. Charting helps as it literally predicts the future most times. Also check out Gregory Mannarino (a youtuber) and J Bravo (another youtuber). Helpful insights.

Make I study again, when I see expo........... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2021
bigtt76:
Tried WorldRemit, Barter (Flutterwave)?

I will look at Bartner later but WorldRemint is out of competition, other app give better rate than WorldRemint even without commission
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:05pm On Nov 19, 2021
The true value of having a vehicle breakdown service........

Had RAC for over 6 month's now, never used it. Drove to Nando's yesterday with the family, enjoyed our meals (even bought takeaway)....... grin

Got back to my gas guzzler, vehicle just refused to start (no issues prior whatsoever).…... Luckily I had jumpstart leads in my trunk, got someone to jumpstart us....... Drove home and parked vehicle.....

Called RAC this morning, the chap tested the battery and said it was bad ........ Luckily for me, my cover had free battery replacement......

RAC chap drove away with my faulty battery, 30 minutes later, returned with a brand new Varta battery (at a cost of £145.99)...... But free to me ...... grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Make I study again, when I see expo........... cheesy

grin cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.