Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,284 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires (18919 Views)

Man Utd Chief Ed Woodward Left Red Faced Over Solskjaer Comments After City Win / EPL: Details Of Man City’s Contract For Cristiano Ronaldo Revealed / Rumours Of Guardiola To Juventus Are 'ridiculous'- Man City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by Mangekyo: 12:28am On Aug 26, 2021
Guardiola to leave Manchester City at end of contract and pursue international dream

Pep Guardiola has announced his intention to leave Manchester City and explore opportunities at international level when his contract expires at the end of next season.

Guardiola is now in the penultimate year of his deal at the Etihad Stadium, where he has been in charge since July 2016.

After replacing Manuel Pellegrini at the helm, the former Barcelona boss has won three Premier League titles, four EFL Cups and the FA Cup during his tenure with the Citizens.

The 50-year-old revealed he does not plan to extend his stay with the club, and that he is targeting an opportunity with a national side.

"After seven years at this team, I think I'm going to have to stop," he said at an XP Investimentos event.

"I'm going to have to take a break, see what we've done, and review inspirations.

"And in the process, I would like to coach a national team – South American, European, playing a Copa America; I want to have that experience."

However, Guardiola talked down his chances of succeeding Tite as head coach of Brazil.

The City boss feels the current crop of Brazilian stars are unfairly compared to their predecessors of yesteryear, but he insists they will be one of the favourites at next year's World Cup in Qatar.

"Current teams will always lose to history," he added. "If you compare this Brazil with Pele's, with the [World] champions of 1994, the current one will always lose.

"But if you ask me what I think of Tite's team: fantastic. Some are my players, others are rivals' players, but they're fantastic.

"If you compare them to the past, teams from the past always win because they don't play anymore. But Brazil are always a favourite – in the Copa America, in the World Cup – always have been and always will be; it's part of their culture.

"I think the coach of the Brazilian national team will always be Brazilian; I don't see a foreigner at teams like Brazil."

https://www.sportsmax.tv/index.php/football/international/item/86677-guardiola-to-leave-manchester-city-at-end-of-contract-and-pursue-international-dream

4 Likes

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by colossus91(m): 1:33am On Aug 26, 2021
Hmm
Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by Great100000: 5:16am On Aug 26, 2021
Wow!!! That's good but he won't win Champe at all....

Best of luck to him.

EPL is Ours (Chelsea)

Champe is Ours (Chelsea)

Super Cup is Ours (Chelsea)

Fifa World Club Cup is Ours (Chelsea)

Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool & Arsenal can drag Carabao Cup.

Pep, you better pray Tuchel leave Chelsea in time, if not even Carabao Cup u no go fit carry, what you did to Mou, Ferguson & other Managers is what Tuchel is doing to you too currently. grin grin grin grin grin

You beat Ferguson for final sotey his hand dey shake.... Hahahahaha, na wa for u oooooo Pep.

Of course I respect Pep, because you're good but Tuchel is better and will always flog you like pikin grin cheesy grin grin grin

Even Tuchel no get joy at all grin grin grin grin u beat person for Home, Away & even outside the Country in the space of 2 Months, wetin Pep do u sef Tuchel grin grin grin grin grin

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:47am On Aug 26, 2021
From all of us @[b][/b] : we will.wish all the best for the future Pep.

One of the best and finest coaches in the history of Football.

His records speak for him.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by letristian: 5:47am On Aug 26, 2021
This man has got enough grace

25 Likes

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by Greenbuoy(m): 5:48am On Aug 26, 2021
Okay
Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by Enudapan: 5:48am On Aug 26, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This guy don old nah
Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by Nuelito: 5:49am On Aug 26, 2021
Best wishes Pep

1 Like

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by naijaboy756: 5:49am On Aug 26, 2021
post=105187231:

Do you own a company?

39 Likes

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by akanbiaa(m): 5:50am On Aug 26, 2021
Good, let him coach Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by CasNova: 5:50am On Aug 26, 2021
Best of luck to him.
Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by puremaker7(m): 5:50am On Aug 26, 2021
Arteta will take over city and take them back to their former glory

25 Likes

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by Konection(m): 5:50am On Aug 26, 2021
shocked

Just give us champions league cup before leaving.

You have been a great man,

We the CITYZENS accord you with RESPECT.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by flockofpips: 5:51am On Aug 26, 2021
Great100000:
Wow!!! That's good but he won't win Champe at all....
Only with man city, e don win for Barcelona

1 Like

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by Phoenixflap: 5:51am On Aug 26, 2021
Ok
Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by joviegghead: 5:51am On Aug 26, 2021
Hmm
This guy is good. I love a manager who brings out the best in players. His style is never boring and mostly on point. My favorite manager or all time. Forget he's won UCL with just barca. At least he has won it.

8 Likes

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by dalongjnr: 5:51am On Aug 26, 2021
letristian:
Gaskiya(A kind of anointing grace).

1 Like

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by dalongjnr: 5:52am On Aug 26, 2021
letristian:
Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by gistray: 5:52am On Aug 26, 2021
post=105187231:
From all of us @[b][/b] [s]: we will.wish all the best for the future Pep.

[/s]

14 Likes

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by Ukeme8: 5:52am On Aug 26, 2021
Great guy any time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by OJEEMAH(m): 5:52am On Aug 26, 2021
If Copa America is shit as proclaimed by some sadists that knows better than Guardiola, why is one of the Greatest Coaches of all Times considering a national team job in that region?

8 Likes

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by whela(m): 5:53am On Aug 26, 2021
He should come and manage Nigeria's national team..

1 Like

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by Bluezy13(m): 5:54am On Aug 26, 2021
Exactly.

Brazil of this day is nothing compared to Brazil of yesterday that I used to comfortably play PS1 with owing to the likes of Ronaldo Delima, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Robinho, Ronaldinho etc.

4 Likes

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by Sonnobax15(m): 5:54am On Aug 26, 2021
angry
So is he indirectly saying if his contract expires and he hasn't won the UCL which he had earlier on promised to win at City, he'll still leave?

For what na? undecided

I can only imagine how man. City will instantly become a shadow of it's present self from the very day The greatest tactician himself will decide to leave the Etihad cheesy. Even common ordinary Norwich go begin use dem stone ground anyhow tongue

8 Likes

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by joviegghead: 5:54am On Aug 26, 2021
whela:
He should come and manage Nigeria's national team..
They'll kidnap him cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by flababa(m): 5:56am On Aug 26, 2021
I believe he’s coaching a team like Brazil. Not a Greece that Nike is away from them.
Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by mummyson26(m): 5:58am On Aug 26, 2021
Super eagles here we come

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by elmessiahs(m): 6:00am On Aug 26, 2021
He has seen all as far as club football is concerned, but seriously, he will be greatly missed.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by RulerIAm(m): 6:07am On Aug 26, 2021
post=105187231:

Dem don kill people for Pleatue state o. Ur darling daddy is working. His brothers are everywhere doing great

4 Likes

Re: Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires by Topzee109: 6:14am On Aug 26, 2021
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike Appoints Joseph Yobo As Special Assistant On Sports Development / Odion Ighalo: The New Face Of Nigerian Football / CR800: Cristiano Ronaldo Scores 800th Career Goal With Villarreal Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.