Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,757 members, 7,806,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Why CBN Is Not Giving PTA/BTA To West African Travellers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why CBN Is Not Giving PTA/BTA To West African Travellers (705 Views)

Why CBN Sacked First Bank Board — Emefiele (Full Text) / CBN Fine 12 Banks N499b For Not Giving Out Loan To Customers / Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why CBN Is Not Giving PTA/BTA To West African Travellers by Atikulated: 5:29am On Aug 26, 2021
I'm curious to know the reason behind the denial of personal travel allowance and business travel allowance to international travelers within the west African region.

The Nigerian Naira is not accepted in any country in region and there is also no regional currency in circulation. How would travelers be able to source for FX legitimately for their expenses?

At the beginning, the CBN said all international travels lasting longer than 5 years were qualified for FX. However, banks are sending out messages this week notifying customers of the changes which says no West African nation and the Cameron is eligible for PTA/BTA

Someone should help me out in peace!
Re: Why CBN Is Not Giving PTA/BTA To West African Travellers by SavageResponse(m): 7:40am On Aug 26, 2021
Atikulated:
I'm curious to know the reason behind the denial of personal travel allowance and business travel allowance to international travelers within the west African region.

The Nigerian Naira is not accepted in any country in region and there is also no regional currency in circulation. How would travelers be able to source for FX legitimately for their expenses?

At the beginning, the CBN said all international travels lasting longer than 5 years were qualified for FX. However, banks are sending out messages this week notifying customers of the changes which says no West African nation and the Cameron is eligible for PTA/BTA

Someone should help me out in peace!

They probably stopped giving to travellers to West African countries because they found out that some people have started buying tickets o West African just so they could get forex allocation then resell it in the black market

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Apply For White Field Foundation Grants And Win Up To .2M Naira / If Making 25-30k Naira Monthly Is Not Too Small Then Signify / Aerial View Of Computer Village Ikeja Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.