Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) (3078 Views)

Sugar Mummy Story In Abuja: Man Shares His Experience (Pics) / How Do You Define Love? / How Can You Define Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Cinema4d: 9:22am On Aug 28, 2021
placeofallure:

I absolutely understand you. Thank you.

When I say love is about giving and taking, I simply mean it should never be one sided. Whatever is given in sacrifice must be reciprocated. It may not exactly be commensurate but little kind gestures go a long way.

I hope you understand now.
Perfectly.
Thanks for your contribution
Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Cinema4d: 9:32am On Aug 28, 2021
bepositive11:

Interesting question. Had to think hard to answer

First of all, when we genuinely love someone, their pain is our pain, so we try out best not to hurt them. If we do hurt them, we apologise and never do it again

But, like in your example, people can love someone who doesn't love them and in that case, it is possible to get betrayed. But, the hurts start small and get bigger with time

This is why it is important to love ourselves first so that we can establish healthy boundaries and avoid people who don't genuinely love us

Unfortunately, many people don't love themselves and look for someone to love them. This is why they end up tolerating people who don't love them back and who hurt them instead. They become obsessed and addicted

So many people confuse addiction with love. They use their lover as means to escape from themselves

I was a victim of this but not anymore. I really love myself now and it's very easy to cut off toxic people. I don't "need" anyone to love me anymore. But I'm definitely open to sharing my life with someone who's fulfilled on their own. I avoid people who say that they need me or that they can't live without me or that I'm their everything at all cost! Very toxic way of thinking but it's celebrated so often
Some will even say they can't stay single for a long time. Therefore, they dive into any relationship(it could be toxic) just to avoid being single.
I don't know if it's low self-esteem, pressure or loneliness.
But, thanks I understand you perfectly. You've learnt from experience.
Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by placeofallure(f): 10:05am On Aug 28, 2021
Cinema4d:

Perfectly.
Thanks for your contribution

You are welcome.
Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Divoc19(f): 10:45am On Aug 28, 2021
Love is an unconscious commitment to someone

1 Like

Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by bepositive11: 10:48am On Aug 28, 2021
Cinema4d:

Some will even say they can't stay single for a long time. Therefore, they dive into any relationship(it could be toxic) just to avoid being single.
I don't know if it's low self-esteem, pressure or loneliness.
But, thanks I understand you perfectly. You've learnt from experience.

Yes, I've learnt from experience. You must've learnt from experience too.

People who can't stay single are walking red flags. Since they're so desperate, their standards are so low. They'll accept the first person who shows them attention and they would do anything to hold on to them (to not lose them), which is why they're much more likely to get into toxic relationships and stay

I personally believe that low self esteem has a lot to do with it, but I think it all stems from growing up in dysfunctional families. People who've experienced neglect, abuse, and/or abandonment when they were kids tend to have this problem. I used to be like that too. There was so much shame and guilt going on in my head that I was using crushes to escape from myself but I wasn't aware of it. Just like how people get addicted to drugs, my addiction was to people

I experienced a string of rejections but the last one hurt so bad because I genuinely had feelings for them. That was what motivated me to change. I'm very happily single now and I'm only willing to be with someone who's as healthy as I am and compatible

The fairytales and movies we watch growing up are deceiving. They don't depict healthy love. Teenagers are looking for love and relationships before even knowing themselves and what they want out of life

1 Like

Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Dufil(m): 2:19pm On Aug 28, 2021
For the woman: love is non-hypocritical defence n reverence for the man in absence.

For the man: Love is giving-all even when its so hard and painful.

The above is the depth of it all..as long as we are mortals.

1 Like

Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Dayson55: 2:57pm On Aug 28, 2021
Love is blind. But marriage will open your eyes.

1 Like

Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 28, 2021
Cinema4d:

You think?
I beg to disagree.
Love is not selfish. In fact, love should be mutual; it should not be one sided like you stated.
You don't get it.. in reality everyone is using everyone. We are all using each other differently. Believe it or not
Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2021
dairykidd:

You don't get it.. in reality everyone is using everyone. We are all using each other differently. Believe it or not
If this is your belief then you are not a good person. Please stay with hook up girls only so as not to mess with the life of women

1 Like

Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 28, 2021
Iyaebe:
If this is your belief then you are not a good person. Please stay with hook up girls only so as not to mess with the life of women
Not really my belief..more of experiences so far. How can u advise i stay with hook up girls. I don't pay for sex when i know she will enjoy it more undecided
Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 28, 2021
dairykidd:

Not really my belief..more of experiences so far. How can u advise i stay with hook up girls. I don't pay for sex when i know she will enjoy it more undecided
And its all about the enjoyment for you,what about companionship?

1 Like

Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 28, 2021
Iyaebe:
And its all about the enjoyment for you,what about companionship?
Chai u go like wahala pass trouble sha. U mentioned hook up girls hence I said enjoyment abi u want me to be keeping relationships with hook up girls again? Be calming down na
Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 28, 2021
dairykidd:

Chai u go like wahala pass trouble sha. U mentioned hook up girls hence I said enjoyment abi u want me to be keeping relationships with hook up girls again? Be calming down na
I'm not a troublesome person but I could sense you don't believe in marriage and companionship, its use and dump for you.
Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 28, 2021
Iyaebe:
I'm not a troublesome person but I could sense you don't believe in marriage and companionship, its use and dump for you.
God forbid.. why would u even think That? I believe in marriage, family, companionship and all the good good. I'm only just stating what i have experienced so far. Who use and dump help. It wouldn't help me grow or be focused on my stuff. So why would I love it.
Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 28, 2021
dairykidd:

God forbid.. why would u even think That? I believe in marriage, family, companionship and all the good good. I'm only just stating what i have experienced so far. Who use and dump help. It wouldn't help me grow or be focused on my stuff. So why would I love it.
Good to prove me wrong that's if I'm truly wrong
Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 28, 2021
Iyaebe:
Good to prove me wrong that's if I'm truly wrong
Lol.. are u sure I don't know u or u don't know me grin

1 Like

Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2021
dairykidd:

Lol.. are u sure I don't know u or u don't know me grin
You must be mixing up something
Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 28, 2021
Iyaebe:
You must be mixing up something
Okay then
Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Cinema4d: 12:16pm On Aug 29, 2021
dairykidd:

I disagree.
I believe love does not "use" it stays, it endures.
Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Cinema4d: 12:24pm On Aug 29, 2021
bepositive11:

Yes, I've learnt from experience. You must've learnt from experience too.

People who can't stay single are walking red flags. Since they're so desperate, their standards are so low. They'll accept the first person who shows them attention and they would do anything to hold on to them (to not lose them), which is why they're much more likely to get into toxic relationships and stay

I personally believe that low self esteem has a lot to do with it, but I think it all stems from growing up in dysfunctional families. People who've experienced neglect, abuse, and/or abandonment when they were kids tend to have this problem. I used to be like that too. There was so much shame and guilt going on in my head that I was using crushes to escape from myself but I wasn't aware of it. Just like how people get addicted to drugs, my addiction was to people

I experienced a string of rejections but the last one hurt so bad because I genuinely had feelings for them. That was what motivated me to change. I'm very happily single now and I'm only willing to be with someone who's as healthy as I am and compatible

The fairytales and movies we watch growing up are deceiving. They don't depict healthy love. Teenagers are looking for love and relationships before even knowing themselves and what they want out of life
Exactly, movies are one of the factors that's misleading people about relationships.

Teenagers are looking for love and relationships before even knowing themselves and what they want out of life
Absolutely! Even some adults are still not sure what they really want out of life.
Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Cinema4d: 12:26pm On Aug 29, 2021
Dufil:
For the woman: love is non-hypocritical defence n reverence for the man in absence.

For the man: Love is giving-all even when its so hard and painful.

The above is the depth of it all..as long as we are mortals.

Balanced.
Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 29, 2021
Cinema4d:

I disagree.
I believe love does not "use" it stays, it endures.
Good for u. Apart from agape love, this love u all profess comes with an expiry date so it's all fake to me. Y'all love to talk good and sweet publicly. Look inwards and tell only urself the truth and see how it tastes...Enjoy ur Sunday wink
Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Cinema4d: 3:55pm On Aug 29, 2021
dairykidd:

Good for u. Apart from agape love, this love u all profess comes with an expiry date so it's all fake to me. Y'all love to talk good and sweet publicly. Look inwards and tell only urself the truth and see how it tastes...Enjoy ur Sunday wink
Hate to admit it but, You're right on this one. it's easier said than done... happy sunday too wink

1 Like

Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by bepositive11: 4:54pm On Aug 29, 2021
Cinema4d:

Exactly, movies are one of the factors that's misleading people about relationships.

Teenagers are looking for love and relationships before even knowing themselves and what they want out of life
Absolutely! Even some adults are still not sure what they really want out of life.

Very true! Adults too!

1 Like

Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Dayson55: 8:56pm On Sep 01, 2021
Re: Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) by Cinema4d: 12:05pm On Oct 07, 2021
President Buhari

party

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Still Have Sex Without Condom In These Economy / See The Gift This Man Gave His Girlfriend / Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.