Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief (9098 Views)

What Is The Cut Off Mark For ICPC Entry Level / ICPC Job Vs Lecturing Job / ICPC Recruitment Online Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by AutosAbuja: 1:59am On Aug 27, 2021
INTERESTING THIS..

Dear Prof. Bolaji Owasanoye SAN (Chairman) - ICPC,
I am writing to you, Sir, to call your attention to the comicality and utter unreasonableness in which the ICPC has enmeshed itself in the on-going online test which is being conducted by DCSL under the aegis of the former. If fairness still exists in this country—no one reasonable examiner should set standard questions to be answered under a most ludicrous time constraint and expect decent performances by the candidates.

I took the ICPC online recruitment test today, 26 May. Like everyone else who did on this date—I believe, I was given 25 questions to be answered in 12 minutes, meaning one has got to get every question correctly in exactly 28.8sec or less in a test involving several charts and graphs to be carefully studied and understood before questions asked about them could be correctly tackled (Even in the popular tv game show 'Who Wans to be a Millionaire' longer time is given for harder non-mathematical questions). As if the whole mathematical implausibilty was not excruciatingly frustrating enough—Sir, you could not skip a difficult question to attend to relatively easy ones as the system was designed not to allow such age-old, common-sense approach—which I find to be a most unacceptable hamstriging, as I prefer leaving blank the questions I'm not so sure of—therby reducing me to a silly little gambler in this test. This either is a result of mischief, or sheer ineptitude and incompetence on the part of those trusted with the responsibility of creating an efficient working system. Students in school, the brilliant ones, would need more time to score anything decent in this test let alone most of us who have toiled away in the streets of Nigeria for close to a decade and some even longer. So this frivolous test should not be mistaken for a test of mental acuity, by any stretch of imagination, but rather test of gambling acuity.

The presumed justification for this demonstration of ostentatious stringency obviously stems from the fact that: answers could easily be searched online as the test is unsupervised and also online. This only portrays those whom the commission put in charge of this recruitment test as an indolent lot who should be slapped with a "dereliction of duty" query and thoroughly remonstrated with, for denying many candidates a fair chance in this recruitment exercise. But how difficult really is it to come up with even far more than 25 questions that can not be easily looked up online when they had over a year and several months to do so? I believe an open and online test should be hard enough with fair alloted time, so that those inclined to look up the answers would waste all their time searching online and get nothing in return. What happens if more Mathematics, advanced English, verbal and quantitative reasoning questions were included? So this excuse would not fly by anyone with a logical mind.

This pathetic joke of a test sadly typifies, in its every design, how the nigerian system is set up to stifle, scupper and act as a ginormous irremovable bottleneck for the painstaking endeavours of the ordinary Nigerians to rise above mediocrity and make something out of our lives. Giving false hope on the surface but planting bombs in the groundwork of the superstructure upon which we stand.

I thought the ICPC was ballsy when I noticed with delight—was busting with hope, that the conspicuous absence of the disgraceful "All applicants should not be more than 30 years by..." guff that has come to plague Federal Government job vacancies in recent years. But all hope lost now due to poor management of the open test.

I hereby return to the street to continue living the pauper not the proper life till The Almighty decides to look the way, if He ever does, of this humble servant.

Thank you, Sir
Abdullahi

Best Regards

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by Pauldollars(m): 2:18am On Aug 27, 2021
AutosAbuja:
INTERESTING THIS..

A talented writer writing such epistle for a Federal agency that may take more candidates from Katsina and Kano; rather than using such skills to work for himself in the private sector as an entrepreneur

38 Likes

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by Neduzze5(m): 3:56am On Aug 27, 2021
Beautifully written letter. You sure say the ICPC chief go fit understand anything for this letter at all?

The writer should go and start freelancing. He will make more money than with the ICPC.

21 Likes

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by chatinent: 4:09am On Aug 27, 2021
A country where the connected are connected only. Well, hire me write your assignments, thesis, and dissertations sha.
Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by Nukilia: 6:54am On Aug 27, 2021
grin cheesy grin Let those who are working with ICPC now be allowed to take the test and see how many of them would pass.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by asiwajuonafeko: 8:22am On Aug 27, 2021
Hello guys, how did u do it cos I only received there text but didn't see any mail up till now. This country ehh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by slawormiir: 9:29am On Aug 27, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright......

Just like postutme....

Test like this are to check how smart you are.

Not how much knowledge you got

1 Like

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by Steenie101: 9:31am On Aug 27, 2021
You could imagine fa. I managed to score 14/25 in my first attempt. Few days ago I got a text for a rescheduled test. Till now no email or link was sent to me.

5 Likes

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by mcgaius: 9:32am On Aug 27, 2021
The question is,how did musa and salisu pass such exam?Your guess is as good as mine.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by SadiqBabaSani: 9:34am On Aug 27, 2021
This is so unreasonable

1 Like

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by ProudBoy: 9:34am On Aug 27, 2021
Test wey all the answers dy online. You only need to be fast in copying and pasting on Google.

2 Likes

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by Ofunaofu: 9:35am On Aug 27, 2021
grin
Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by obiekunie01: 9:35am On Aug 27, 2021
What a brilliant writer.

He should seriously consider registering with fiverr.

8 Likes

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by EwuGambia: 9:37am On Aug 27, 2021
OP don vex... shocked see as e weaponize English language attack poor ICPC chairman... undecided
I fit bet my two big balls say ICPC chairman go use panadol and dictionary to read this your write-up.. undecided

But then Life goes on man!...hopefully better opportunities are coming your way.

6 Likes

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by Ask4bigneyo(m): 9:37am On Aug 27, 2021
HighShiPiShi....ICPC
Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by AyebaAyiba: 9:39am On Aug 27, 2021
You could imagine fa. I managed to score 14/25 in my first attempt. Few days ago I got a text for a rescheduled test. Till now no email or link was sent to me.

So it it with many people that I know o.

1 Like

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by KingOfAllIgbos: 9:42am On Aug 27, 2021
Neduzze5:
Beautifully written letter. You sure say the ICPC chief go fit understand anything for this letter at all?

The writer should go and start freelancing. He will make more money than with the ICPC.

He's a SAN...

All due respect, he no be your mate oo.

You are accusing the ICPC Chief of lack of comprehension yet you couldn't understand an article I read in 3 minutes flat. grin

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by olaNL: 9:43am On Aug 27, 2021
I also did the test yesterday. My own problem was submitting. It kept on bring error page when I tried submitting. I don't know if my performance was registered by the system. I haven't gotten any message regarding my score. I don't know if I was the only one that experienced this

5 Likes

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by KingOfAllIgbos: 9:43am On Aug 27, 2021
cool
Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by EsvRotimiJubril(m): 9:52am On Aug 27, 2021
Just go to their site and input your email, it will take you to the test page.
asiwajuonafeko:
Hello guys, how did u do it cos I only received there text but didn't see any mail up till now. This country ehh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by ATEAMS: 9:53am On Aug 27, 2021
Ok
Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by emmadejust(m): 10:04am On Aug 27, 2021
Naa abdulahi write this letter oo to icpc , undecided undecided

Wonderful

1 Like

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by clockwisereport: 10:07am On Aug 27, 2021
Steenie101:

Check your spam
Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by newguy1(m): 10:08am On Aug 27, 2021
Rubbish. I did a job online test yesterday quantitative reasoning and I was so pissed because I went through the same thing the writer just said. So inhuman the time is too little n one cannot scroll back to review. Nigeria y r we making life difficult for ourselves? R we saying it’s only the educational guru in math can get the job done?

1 Like

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:24am On Aug 27, 2021
AutosAbuja:
INTERESTING THIS..
Questions wey most of lecturers in university no fit answer not even one!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by emanobis(m): 10:50am On Aug 27, 2021
Please, it seems some people have already written the online test when the link sent to me can't even open.
Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by seunlayi(m): 11:07am On Aug 27, 2021
Nice
Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by onoms4luv(m): 11:15am On Aug 27, 2021
Op eh, after I hlance through the lines of your write up. I know you've invested alot in this their recruitment processes.

Anything from the federal level remember. Man knows man is the password.

Just try other stuff, you will do better. But if you have any means to relocate, please do.

Nigeria is no longer Nigeria again since the beginning of democratic rule but worst when Buhari came into power by crooks.

Nigeria now is now fulanigeria. Government of the Fulani.

1 Like

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by Abalado(f): 11:38am On Aug 27, 2021
I got 13/25,which is 52%......hope I tried Sha,at least I scored more than half,50%
Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by KB007: 12:02pm On Aug 27, 2021
The system was designed for applicants to fail

1 Like

Re: Nice Letter To The ICPC Chief by KB007: 12:05pm On Aug 27, 2021
Neduzze5:

The ICPC Boss is a Prof, not a quota system one at that.

Score 11/25
Am so pissed cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Attend Interviews Successfully (getting Ready For The Big Day) / Sellafield Energy Resources Limited Job Recruitment (4 Positions) / How To Get A Job Without Years Of Experience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.