Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,503 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:44 PM

Please Help, Sum Of 100,000 Was Withdrawn From My Account Using Sprtypay - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Help, Sum Of 100,000 Was Withdrawn From My Account Using Sprtypay (3202 Views)

N287k Withdrawn From 87-Year-Old Man's Union Bank Account, Leaving N1k / My Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From My Bank Account / Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, Sum Of 100,000 Was Withdrawn From My Account Using Sprtypay by cletz991(m): 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2021
Yes o I better us my money but food and drink for my body Dan for one bastard to swindle me grin
i926:

I have 3 bank accounts, but I use only 1 ATM for online transactions & TV subscription and I make sure the minimum balance is always at ₦104. grin

Na mobile app transfer sure pass o
Re: Please Help, Sum Of 100,000 Was Withdrawn From My Account Using Sprtypay by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 04, 2021
AccessME:
Exactly as it happened to me on the 6th of last month. I was @ the ATM standing wanted to withdraw then I saw an OTP code but it didn't indicate the exact amount it want to withdraw just like it shown on urs rather, a #100 was what i saw whereas I didn't even have a SportyBet account. However, as the OTP was sent I didn't envision the possibility they could withdrew my money without getting access to the OTP code but I was all wrong. 2minutes later, I received a debit alert of 40,000, next 3,000 everything all withdrawn from my account. Yes true the bank will tell you shud allow 5 working days for them to investigate but it all lies, nothing will be done. In my own case they didn't even get back to me anymore, I just had to accept that my money is gone and moved on.
you shouldn't have moved on like that bro
Re: Please Help, Sum Of 100,000 Was Withdrawn From My Account Using Sprtypay by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2021
i926:

I have 3 bank accounts, but I use only 1 ATM for online transactions & TV subscription and I make sure the minimum balance is always at ₦104. grin

Na mobile app transfer sure pass o
grin
Re: Please Help, Sum Of 100,000 Was Withdrawn From My Account Using Sprtypay by ManirBK: 12:48am On Sep 05, 2021
Lalasticlala mynd44 this is front page stuff
Re: Please Help, Sum Of 100,000 Was Withdrawn From My Account Using Sprtypay by nagalee(m): 4:03am On Sep 05, 2021
Gabkosh:
If they do, that is the end between us. I will go and destroy their ATM.
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin. Lol
Re: Please Help, Sum Of 100,000 Was Withdrawn From My Account Using Sprtypay by nagalee(m): 4:09am On Sep 05, 2021
Gabkosh:
Yes, it is his life I want now. He should pay with his life.
Oga be calming down. What about ayelala. Don’t you think if ayelala work in conjunction with the ogbonis’, the karma will be faster. I feel your pain bro. It will not be well with those scammers.
Re: Please Help, Sum Of 100,000 Was Withdrawn From My Account Using Sprtypay by Map1(m): 5:29am On Sep 05, 2021
Scammers are not gost,they just capitalize on your weaknesses or negligence to hit you hard, just think about people who has access to your phone to retrieve your info
Re: Please Help, Sum Of 100,000 Was Withdrawn From My Account Using Sprtypay by wirinet(m): 6:18am On Sep 05, 2021
Zanzibar1:
they don't need otp cuz otp can be routed even though you will get a copy of the OTP
They need the OTP before the transaction can be completed, that why he got an alert for the OTP and soon offer the money was deducted.

I am sure they got his OTP through his email address. GTB usually send the OTP to both registered phone number and email address. Someone that has hacked your email address would have access to the OTP.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help, Sum Of 100,000 Was Withdrawn From My Account Using Sprtypay by wirinet(m): 6:36am On Sep 05, 2021
Greatzeus:
This sporty bet again? This will be the fourth or fifth time I'm reading a thread about scammers withdrawing money from people's accounts using sporty bet.

I wonder why a complaint has not been lodged with the National Lottery Commission and the Lagos State Lottery Commission on the activities of Sporty Bet. To many Nigerians have been complaining if being scammed by this betting company. The need to have their license withdrawn or at least suspended for all the complaints .

OP, please write a petition, exactly as you stated them here with all the screenshots and send it to the Lagos State Lottery Board. In the alternative you can log into their website and fill their complaint form - https://lslb.lg.gov.ng/complaint/

I would have said you should report the case to the police or EFCC as this is a case of fraud, but Nigerian Police nowadays behave like a criminal organization. They will extort you before they do anything, and they would consider the amount too small for their attention.

Nigerians should imbibe a culture of fighting for their rights instead of just complaining on social media.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help, Sum Of 100,000 Was Withdrawn From My Account Using Sprtypay by Aganju849: 7:32am On Sep 05, 2021
Sportypay has been taken over by yahoo boys

wirinet:

They need the OTP before the transaction can be completed, that why he got an alert for the OTP and soon offer the money was deducted.

I am sure they got his OTP through his email address. GTB usually send the OTP to both registered phone number and email address. Someone that has hacked your email address would have access to the OTP.

They don't need his otp they're obviously using a 2D payment gateway.

Most of the bet sites these days are full blown rogue outfit, they present as sports bettors to fish for card details. It's a new format
Re: Please Help, Sum Of 100,000 Was Withdrawn From My Account Using Sprtypay by BIGGIE121(m): 8:04am On Sep 05, 2021
wirinet:

Baba they don't need any otp to Access your bank account, I had the same issue with this sporty bet of a thing (I lost 19k), I think it is an inside job, they even played virtual with my sporty account.

And I only made payment once using my ATM details on sporty bet once after the payment my ATM details was saved to their site and I didn't know how they got access to my sporty account, they withdrew money from my bank account to my sporty account then to one opay POS in Lagos and I was in ilorin .

Omo the thing pain me die
Re: Please Help, Sum Of 100,000 Was Withdrawn From My Account Using Sprtypay by Gabkosh: 6:50pm On Sep 05, 2021
nagalee:
Oga be calming down. What about ayelala. Don’t you think if ayelala work in conjunction with the ogbonis’, the karma will be faster. I feel your pain bro. It will not be well with those scammers.
Amen bro
Re: Please Help, Sum Of 100,000 Was Withdrawn From My Account Using Sprtypay by Gabkosh: 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2021
wirinet:

I wonder why a complaint has not been lodged with the National Lottery Commission and the Lagos State Lottery Commission on the activities of Sporty Bet. To many Nigerians have been complaining if being scammed by this betting company. The need to have their license withdrawn or at least suspended for all the complaints .

OP, please write a petition, exactly as you stated them here with all the screenshots and send it to the Lagos State Lottery Board. In the alternative you can log into their website and fill their complaint form - https://lslb.lg.gov.ng/complaint/

I would have said you should report the case to the police or EFCC as this is a case of fraud, but Nigerian Police nowadays behave like a criminal organization. They will extort you before they do anything, and they would consider the amount too small for their attention.

Nigerians should imbibe a culture of fighting for their rights instead of just complaining on social media.
Thank you brother. I will do as you said tonight. Imagine the bank is giving me 45 working days for investigation. That is too long.

I will do as you said tonight. Thanks bro I really appreciate this.
Re: Please Help, Sum Of 100,000 Was Withdrawn From My Account Using Sprtypay by Gabkosh: 7:09pm On Sep 05, 2021
BIGGIE121:

Baba they don't need any otp to Access your bank account, I had the same issue with this sporty bet of a thing (I lost 19k), I think it is an inside job, they even played virtual with my sporty account.

And I only made payment once using my ATM details on sporty bet once after the payment my ATM details was saved to their site and I didn't know how they got access to my sporty account, they withdrew money from my bank account to my sporty account then to one opay POS in Lagos and I was in ilorin .

Omo the thing pain me die
And you didn't lodge complaint?
Re: Please Help, Sum Of 100,000 Was Withdrawn From My Account Using Sprtypay by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
you shouldn't have moved on like that bro
honesty I really didn't know what to do next. I searched on Google and saw that other people were scammed through same sportypay so I knew I'm not the only one so I had to give up.
Re: Please Help, Sum Of 100,000 Was Withdrawn From My Account Using Sprtypay by nedekid: 12:34am On Sep 06, 2021
Reggaemich:

Next Time, when u Sense your Bank Account is under Attack

Dial This Code
*966*911#

It will show u an option of stopping any bank transaction and request for your Account Number

Input it

Then all bank transaction directed towards the Account will be stopped
Is tgat code just for Zenith bank?
Re: Please Help, Sum Of 100,000 Was Withdrawn From My Account Using Sprtypay by Reggaemich(m): 7:56am On Sep 06, 2021
nedekid:

Is tgat code just for Zenith bank?
For all Banks

Dial the code on the phone number linked to the Account Number
Re: Please Help, Sum Of 100,000 Was Withdrawn From My Account Using Sprtypay by nedekid: 10:00am On Sep 06, 2021
Reggaemich:
For all Banks

Dial the code on the phone number linked to the Account Number
Ok. Cos I have all my accounts liked to just 1 number.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Judges Destroy Their Pen After Death Sentence / Photos Of Victims Of Borno Bomb Blast (viewers Discretion Is Advised) / Are You Owing Loan Apps And You Are Refusing To Repay??? Read this!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.