Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,018 members, 7,806,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Different Definition Of Marriage . - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Different Definition Of Marriage . (282 Views)

10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage / Egyptian Woman Divorces After 2 Weeks Of Marriage, Husband Does All The Chores / Couple Celebrate Over 50 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Different Definition Of Marriage . by squarelead(m): 8:42am On Aug 27, 2021
Marriage differs to every individual, so is any type of relationship. The type of spouse you marry determine how you define marriage, that's why if you ask some , they will tell you ". oh my marriage is heaven on earth " while some will say " I wish I never met my spouse " Yes! that's how bad it can be. It all depends on our choices of life partner . That's why there is much emphasis on prayer and direction when choosing a life partner, unlike our father ,mother , siblings or relatives , you can't choose who they should be , but it's your choice of life partner that will determine your definition of marriage .

I do ask a question, that "is there a predestined individual prepared for us from heaven for us to marry" , and even asked further that "what if that predestined individual is in UK, and you are here in Nigeria" lol , I got a lot of answers until when someone said a point that suits my soul too.
He said " Truly you can marry anyone, but God knows the perfect person for you. let's take for example there are some people you marry and find 90% happiness and joy in them, and there are some you marry and find 60% happiness and joy in them , both are actually ok, but who would prefer 60 over 90. None. And there are some that if you marry , hmmm happiness might not even be up to 10%.
It's through prayer and direction that could actually lead you to whom will make you happy truly thereafter .

just my little knowledge.
ayo's writings ✍️.
Re: Different Definition Of Marriage . by oyatz(m): 5:19pm On Aug 27, 2021
There is no particular partner for a person but there are SEVERAL possible partners that can help you to fulfill destiny.

The idea that there's one particular person for an individual is NOT rooted in the scriptures but popularized by Nigerian Pentecostal Churches, whose founders grew-up in typical African societies and as such, their teaching are actually influenced by Traditional Religious myths/beliefs.

1 Like

Re: Different Definition Of Marriage . by squarelead(m): 6:30pm On Aug 27, 2021
oyatz:
There is no particular partner for a person but there are SEVERAL possible partners that can help you to fulfill destiny.

The idea that there's one particular person for an individual is NOT rooted in the scriptures but popularized by Nigerian Pentecostal Churches, whose founders grew-up in typical African societies and as such, their teaching are actually influenced by Traditional Religious myths/beliefs.

Absolute truth.

(1) (Reply)

美国优先就是摧毁美国形象的罪魁祸首 / New Superman Series Could Undermined Family Virtues / Life Insurance Is A Must

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.