Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata (1964 Views)

How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? / How Reliable Are Innoson Buses For Transport Business? / Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 27, 2021
I'm interested in the 2014 hyundai sonata. I like It's look and the price seems reasonable. Please, I'd like advice from experienced auto mechanics and users.
I'm also looking at the 2014 Corolla but the price is high and the Sonata is a generally more beautiful ride.
Thanks

Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2021
No response? Where are all the car gurus?
Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by Inception(m): 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2021
TheN1:
I'm interested in the 2014 hyundai sonata. I like It's look and the price seems reasonable. Please, I'd like advice from experienced auto mechanics and users.
I'm also looking at the 2014 Corolla but the price is high and the Sonata is a generally more beautiful ride.
Thanks

Kingreign make we tell am?

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by RZArecta(m): 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2021
All that glitters... cool
Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by kingreign(m): 10:43pm On Aug 27, 2021
Inception:

Kingreign make we tell am?
Lol. E fit save am o. Make we tell am sha.
Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by Ahmad62(m): 11:16pm On Aug 27, 2021
Run away from sonata oo.. Or else you'll have to answer to the gods!
Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by PAQ(m): 11:31pm On Aug 27, 2021
I am biased... Go for the Corolla. angry

Oya make una come beat me
Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by Nobody: 5:28am On Aug 28, 2021
Really? Thanks guys but no one gave particular reasons. My friend uses the 2015 model and seems to be enjoying it.

It's funny how Nigerians rely on just Benz, Honda and Toyota out of the many brands out there.

Anyway, I will tread carefully and do plenty of more research.

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by aljpimp(m): 6:48am On Aug 28, 2021
TheN1:
Really? Thanks guys but no one gave particular reasons. My friend uses the 2015 model and seems to be enjoying it.

It's funny how Nigerians rely on just Benz, Honda and Toyota out of the many brands out there.

I use the 2011 sonata SE and enjoying it.. shipped in October 2020 and no issues… just maintain it well and use it on good roads.. service it when due

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by Kokomo: 7:31am On Aug 28, 2021
TheN1:
Really? Thanks guys but no one gave particular reasons. Una own too much self, over sabi people. My friend uses the 2015 model and seems to be enjoying it.

Anyway, I will still buy it, I no send any body for here, yeye dey smell

The engine can be pricey, up to million to replace, otherwise great ride.
Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 28, 2021
aljpimp:

I use the 2011 sonata SE and enjoying it.. shipped in October 2020 and no issues… just maintain it well and use it on good roads.. service it when due
Good one. Are there really good roads in naija though?
Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 28, 2021
Kokomo:

The engine can be pricey, up to million to replace, otherwise great ride.
I've driven more than 10 cars, I've never replaced an engine as I believe in optimum maintenance schedule. Thanks though.

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by Kokomo: 7:34am On Aug 28, 2021
TheN1:

The legs are rugged, but parts might be pricey when the need for repair arises

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by Kokomo: 7:36am On Aug 28, 2021
TheN1:

you might not worry about price of engine replace, but when you do need to sell it, the next buyer might consider it, which might affect your resale value
Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by chukel(m): 8:11am On Aug 28, 2021
There is nothing wrong with sonata except for the dramatic gdi engine. Hyundais are known for durability and very strong and good suspension. They are also cheaper to buy. If you like the car, go for it.

4 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 28, 2021
chukel:
There is nothing wrong with sonata except for the dramatic gdi engine. Hyundais are known for durability and very strong and good suspension. They are also cheaper to buyu. If you like the car, go for it.
Nice, thank you.
Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by buygala(m): 9:40am On Aug 28, 2021
TheN1:

Nice, thank you.

Dog that refuses to hear the hunter's whistle sad

If you so much believe in your maintenance culture, why come and ask the rest of us who don't maintain cars and change our car engines every Sunday?

Dem dey try tell u say that 2014Sonata engine na Gbege by default ...but u dey cap jargon as per man wey sabi everything sad

Go ahead and buy the car pls... It's a very good car.. It's just that the thousands of humans who have had bad experiences with its engines all lack good maintenance culture like you Sir smiley

7 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by aljpimp(m): 10:45am On Aug 28, 2021
TheN1:

That’s the issue but just drive carefully on bad roads.. the ground clearance is too low though.. but I like the sonata for the performance.. buy the SE with turbocharged engine and shift paddle
Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by aieromon(m): 11:48am On Aug 28, 2021
TheN1:

Don't mind them. Do your research and go for it. Remember we are talking about the world famous Theta II w/out Turbo GDI.

Dare to be abnormal.
Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2021
buygala:

Dog that refuses to hear the hunter's whistle sad

If you so much believe in your maintenance culture, why come and ask the rest of us who don't maintain cars and change our car engines every Sunday?

Dem dey try tell u say that 2014Sonata engine na Gbege by default ...but u dey cap jargon as per man wey sabi everything sad

Go ahead and buy the car pls... It's a very good car.. It's just that the thousands of humans who have had bad experiences with its engines all lack good maintenance culture like you Sir smiley
Everyone here is civil, we don't need assholes around.

5 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by wazzub: 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2021
PAQ:
I am biased... Go for the Corolla. angry

Oya make una come beat me

Come and beat you? Bros, be careful what you utter oo as they Don dey beat for house now.. Jim Iyke go explan better grin
Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by SpaceAngel: 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2021
https://m.carcomplaints.com/Hyundai/Sonata/

You can also compare with the twin brother, KIA optima.

https://m.carcomplaints.com/Kia/Optima/

Check for different years from US.
Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 28, 2021
SpaceAngel:
https://m.carcomplaints.com/Hyundai/Sonata/

You can also compare with the twin brother, KIA optima.

https://m.carcomplaints.com/Kia/Optima/

Check for different years from US.
Vert helpful. Thanks
Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 14, 2021
Please flee from this car.

My brother go his, it got to 115k mileage and it back up.
We enquired and even got to find out that it was a factroy issues..
The flooped in the GDI engine.

Elantra of same model is safer.. leave this Sonata
Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by 9icetoo(m): 12:40am On Sep 15, 2021
latestmodel:
Please flee from this car.

My brother go his, it got to 115k mileage and it back up.
We enquired and even got to find out that it was a factroy issues..
The flooped in the GDI engine.

Elantra of same model is safer.. leave this Sonata
I guess your advise came too late. Well, ladipo boys gats sell borale after three years na. Fly wey no dey hear word, they follow corpse enter ground. E be things. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is The 2014 Sonata by byteem: 10:40am On Sep 15, 2021
All round good car but it's not for careless drivers.. change oil regularly use the right filter . Drive conservatively.. dont subject engine to undue revving.. and you will be fine.. they get better with each year

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy A Nice Car For N600,000 / Help,my Mercedes Benz 190e 2.6 Is Draining My Pocket / Clean Nissan Pathfinder 2008 Clean Silver Colour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.