Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo (29367 Views)

Troops Neutralize Scores Of Terrorists In Borno State (Photos) / Troops Attack Bandits’ Camps In Niger, Neutralize Scores / Ashura Procession In Katsina: Police, Shi’ite Members In Bloody Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by GenesisForum: 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2021
The Imo State Police Command on Friday said scores of suspected Eastern Security Network, ESN, an armed group of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, were killed in a bloody clash at the ESN, camp at Akata in Oru East Local Government Area of Imo State.

The Imo State Commissioner of Police, Rabiu Hussaini, confirmed this to newsmen in Owerri.

He said the command’s tactical team was informed of the group’s meeting in the Oru East camp, to plan how to carry out attacks on Police stations.

The Police said on approaching the ESN camp, the boys opened fire on them and during the crossfire, oue of three Police officers who sustained gunshot injuries, lost his life. However, the number of the ESN members who died during the gun battle were not mentioned by the Police.

Narrating the story of the Police encounter of the said ESN boys, the Police said: “Sequel to credible information by the command’s intelligence unit, revealing that some bandits suspected to be IPOB/ESN terror groups were seen mobilizing to attack police formations and government installations in the state from their camp located at Akata in Oru East LGA of Imo State.

“The Commissioner of Police, Imo State Command immediately, dispatched the command’s Special Forces and tactical teams led by the officer in charge of Operation Restore Peace, ACP EVANS E. SHEM to go and dislodged the bandits as a proactive measure to nip their planned attack in the bud.”

He continued: “On approaching the terror camp, the teams were attacked by the terror groups. Save for the Armoured Personnel Carriers and sophisticated weapons used by the police the bandits were overwhelmed and they scampered for safety into the bush. The head of the group and others were neutralized during the attack.

“On searching the camp and the surrounding bushes, the following items were recovered namely; Three (3) Improvised Explosives Devices (I.E.D), Two (2) Pump Action Guns, Nine (9) Cartridges, One (1) Locally Made Pistol and One (1) Toyota Highlander SUV vehicle with registration number IMO DFB 535 LC and were taken to the station.”

“On their way back unknown to police teams that the bandits have reinforced and regrouped laying ambush using palm tree logs to block the entire exit paths in the bush. It was at the fourth blockade that the police teams came under heavy attack while removing the fourth palm tree log used in blocking the exit path. The bandits threw petrol bombs and Improvised Explosives Devices (I.E.Ds) at the police vehicles. Again, the tactical teams successfully dislodged the bandits where several of them were neutralized and others fled into the bush with bullets injuries. Unfortunately, one of the police Hilux vehicles was burnt due to the petrol bombs thrown at it.

“Also three police officers sustained bullet injuries and were rushed to the hospital. One of them died on the way while the other two are in stable condition undergoing treatment in a government hospital,” Police said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/08/scores-killed-as-police-suspected-esn-members-clash-in-imo/

9 Likes

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by Herbidemmy(m): 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2021
F

T

C

2 Likes

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2021
The police have never kill any bandit nor herdsmen I stand to be corrected

250 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by Mutemenot(m): 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2021
angry
Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by kingsways: 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2021
I don't trust the police and I don't believe their story

179 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
Go and become bandit now. Igbos are now comparing terrorist to see which one is better

99 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by KoleDgreat2020(m): 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2021
Nigeria police are liars. When will the police confront d terrorists ravaging d northern part of d country? They are very strong in d south but very weak in d northern part of d country

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by Madmohamed1: 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2021
GenesisForum:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/08/scores-killed-as-police-suspected-esn-members-clash-in-imo/
the police should stop killing our youth.
ESN don't use pomp action they are there to protect our people.

We did not complain to police that we don't want them

The police should look for Fulani terrorist how many of them they kill

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by Monogamy: 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2021
He said the command’s tactical team was informed of the group’s meeting in the Oru East camp, to plan how to carry out attacks on Police stations.

The Police said on approaching the ESN camp, the boys opened fire on them and during the crossfire, oue of three Police officers who sustained gunshot injuries, lost his life. However, the number of the ESN members who died during the gun battle were not mentioned by the Police.

Very good. Pikin wey talk say him mama no go rest should also forget about sleeping..

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by Promzy99: 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2021
Dis ESN dem no dey finish? I thought d police said ESN.... Lemme reserve my comments.

2 Likes

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by Monogamy: 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2021
Madmohamed1:
the police should stop killing our youth.
ESN don't use pomp action they are there to protect our people.

@ emboldened, perhaps you have better idea about the weapons ESN are using. Could you tell us?

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by Officialgarri: 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
wail till thy kingdom come, it will change nothing.
Get a job please..

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by Monogamy: 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2021
fuckingAyaya:

Whataboutism

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by insidelife22(m): 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2021
na lie until I see pfictures.

1 Like

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by Monogamy: 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2021
insidelife22:

Are you into grilling business? grin

3 Likes

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by jumpandpas(m): 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2021
Monogamy:

@ emboldened, perhaps you have better idea about the weapon ESN are using. Could you tell us?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by DaddyRochie1642: 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2021
I smell lies grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2021
Imo state again
Wow
fully under terrorist activities

1 Like

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by Madmohamed1: 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2021
Monogamy:

@ emboldened, perhaps you have better idea about the weapons ESN are using. Could you tell us?

We use ak 47� to kill Fulani terrorist

2 Likes

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by aniomadei1975: 8:05pm On Aug 27, 2021
fuckingAyaya:

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by aniomadei1975: 8:06pm On Aug 27, 2021
insidelife22:

Wail on

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by vedaxcool(m): 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2021
aniomadei1975:

Wail on

God bless you.

See how cownu is wasting the lives of young men while securing his family in UK. Now mothers shall weep because a yahoo boy wanted to cash out big time.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by AntiBMC(m): 8:16pm On Aug 27, 2021
Okay...Abba Kyaris have as usual, concocted their lies...we are waiting to hear the real story of what truly went down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by gidgiddy: 8:18pm On Aug 27, 2021
kingsways:
I don't trust the police and I don't believe their story

The way the Nigerian police weave lies these days is frightening. Only a complete fool would believe any of this

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by RuddyFusion(m): 8:22pm On Aug 27, 2021
Another lie from the shameless zoo police
Innocent lives wasted
How willl they die well? How?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Neutralize Scores Of ESN Members In Bloody Clash In Imo by gidgiddy: 8:22pm On Aug 27, 2021
Why is it that with ESN, there is always a story by the Nigerian Police of how they went into the bush to "neutralise"

But when it comes armed killer herdsmen that are slaughtering thousands of Nigerians all across the country every year, there has never been one single story of how the Police went into the bush to "neutralise"?

How can this be?

39 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tell Tinubu That Nigeria Is Not Lagos If You Really Care"—Kayode Ogundamisi / N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) / Nigerians Blast Vice President Namadi Sambo On Twitter & Facebook [SCREENSHOTS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.