Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? (2436 Views)

I Need A Usb Bluetooth Dongle For PC That Works With JBL Speakers / 7 Uses For A USB Stick You Didn’t Know About [KNOW HOW] / 30 million Nigerians have never seen a mobile phone – ATCON President, Teniola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by fineboynl(m): 10:10pm On Aug 27, 2021
Someone was telling me what he saw in the market. That a small USB flash wifi that can be plugged to the TV and it wifi will on. And when you connect your phone to that wifi your phone media contents will load to the TV. As there would be no need to use memory card or flashdrive on the TV.

As anyone seen this?

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by lomprico(m): 10:29pm On Aug 27, 2021
fineboynl:
Someone was telling me what he saw in the market. That a small USB flash wifi that can be plugged to the TV and it wifi will on. And when you connect your phone to that wifi your phone media contents will load to the TV. As there would be no need to use memory card or flashdrive on the TV.

As anyone seen this?

it's called miracast

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by Kooldon(f): 10:29pm On Aug 27, 2021
Yes in my dream
Re: Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by vertueptime: 11:38pm On Aug 27, 2021
Chai I wish I had energy to explain

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by chukxie(m): 2:56am On Aug 28, 2021
Most new generation TVs have functions that allow users to seamlessly beam media contents from their mobile devices to their TVs without the use of any additional hardware. For example, some models of Samsung phones have a function called 'smart'things' that makes it easy to view media contents on one's phone on TVs.

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by feldido(m): 4:00am On Aug 28, 2021
It's called Miracast, Chromecast, yiu can walk into any computer accessories shop and get it. From 5k and above

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by fineboynl(m): 4:33am On Aug 28, 2021
feldido:
It's called Miracast, Chromecast, yiu can walk into any computer accessories shop and get it. From 5k and above
I know of screen mirroring or cast. This one is not screen casting.

But phone media contents uploaded to tv. Example is that you can use your tv remote to select the media contents you want to watch like as if there is memory card or flashdrive installed on the tv.

Your phone can be idle while you select the content from your tv via it remote something like that..

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by fineboynl(m): 4:35am On Aug 28, 2021
lomprico:

it's called miracast

But phone media contents uploaded to tv. Example is that you can use your tv remote to select the media contents you want to watch like as if there is memory card or flashdrive installed on the tv.

Your phone can be idle while you select the content from your tv via it remote something like that..
Re: Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by skywalker240(m): 5:42am On Aug 28, 2021
fineboynl:

As anyone seen this?
It's called cast
Re: Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by weirdo44: 6:13am On Aug 28, 2021
It's called CAST.. get a dongle cast and you're good to go
Re: Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by feldido(m): 6:32am On Aug 28, 2021
fineboynl:

Then it should be an FTP service of sought. I believe some smart TVs should have it.
I run FTP service with my phone to a laptop or other devices using a file explorer.

1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by Noble11(m): 8:36am On Aug 28, 2021
There is a Google chromecast and also Miracast... but its HDMI not USB

1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by InfernoNig: 9:04am On Aug 28, 2021
I believe it works with android TV's
Re: Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by Mastakija(m): 10:18am On Aug 28, 2021
lomprico:

it's called miracast
does it work on any flat screen tv
Re: Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by Mastakija(m): 10:20am On Aug 28, 2021
chukxie:
Most new generation TVs have functions that allow users to seamlessly beam media contents from their mobile devices to their TVs without the use of any additional hardware. For example, some models of Samsung phones have a function called 'smart'things' that makes it easy to view media contents on one's phone on TVs.
in some samsung its called screen mirroring
Re: Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by writetopoker2: 10:28am On Aug 28, 2021
Yes called mirror cast TV USB. You can find and acquire one at any big or major computer accessories shop
Re: Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by lomprico(m): 2:00pm On Aug 28, 2021
Mastakija:
does it work on any flat screen tv
any with hdmi port
Re: Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by Eyanbahose: 5:06pm On Aug 31, 2021
Noble11:
There is a Google chromecast and also Miracast... but its HDMI not USB
this chrome cast is how much
Re: Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by Eyanbahose: 5:07pm On Aug 31, 2021
writetopoker2:
Yes called mirror cast TV USB. You can find and acquire one at any big or major computer accessories shop
how much does it go for
Re: Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by Noble11(m): 10:47pm On Aug 31, 2021
Eyanbahose:
this chrome cast is how much
I'm not sure about the price in Nigeria coz I'm not there. . Also there is the original and the China one.. You can get the original from $80 and high quality China one from $30
Re: Has Anyone Seen A USB Wifi That Transfer Phone Media To Tv? by Eyanbahose: 8:22am On Sep 04, 2021
Noble11:

I'm not sure about the price in Nigeria coz I'm not there. . Also there is the original and the China one.. You can get the original from $80 and high quality China one from $30
alright. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Why No One Is Talking About This Flagship? / Glo Introduces 3g Plus / Connection Problem Or Invalid MMI Code On Samsung Galaxy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.