Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination (5539 Views)

COVID-19 Vaccination Painfree, Says Osinbajo / Now That COVID-19 Vaccination Has Begun In Nigeria, Would You Get Vaccinated? / COVID-19 Vaccination Begins In Abuja (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by OEPHIUS(m): 12:37pm On Aug 28, 2021
Enugu govt flags off second phase of COVID-19 vaccination

…Urges residents to get vaccinated

The Enugu State government under Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi has flagged off the second phase of the administration of AstraZeneca and Moderna COVID19 vaccines on the people of the state, in collaboration with Development Partners.

The flag off ceremony which took place at the ESUT Teaching Hospital Parklane, Enugu, was performed on behalf of Gov. Ugwuanyi by his deputy, Hon. Mrs. Cecilia Ezeilo, who conveyed the governor’s message, enjoining the people of Enugu State to get vaccinated and also observe the non-pharmaceutical methods of preventing the spread of the virus, such as wearing of facemask, regular washing of hands with soap and running water and observing of social distancing protocol, among others.

In his address, the Executive Secretary, Enugu State Primary Health Care Development Agency (ENS-PHCDA), Dr. George Ugwu, revealed that the state government achieved 100 percent coverage in the first phase of the AstraZeneca vaccination.

Dr. Ugwu disclosed that the state government has received 60,060 doses of Moderna vaccines to take care of those who did not receive COVID-19 vaccination in the first phase.

The Executive Secretary added that 13,416 doses of AstraZeneca vaccines were also received by the state government to complete the second dose for citizens who previously got only the first dose, during the first phase of the exercise.

He pointed out Gov. Ugwuanyi’s administration has trained 1,200 health workers who will ensure effective coverage of the second phase of the vaccination in all the designated Primary Health Centres (PHCs) and General Hospitals across the 17 local government areas of the state.

The ENS-PHCDA boss, who added that some mobile health teams will visit Churches and markets to ensure that every citizen is reached, maintained the all 17 LGAs have effective cold chain mechanisms that preserve the vaccines to sustain their efficacy.

Dr. Ugwu therefore expressed delight that Gov. Ugwuanyi’s unrelenting efforts in the fight against the pandemic as well as his special interest in the provision of quality, accessible and affordable healthcare delivery services to the people of the state were largely responsible for the remarkable feats recorded in the first phase of the vaccination exercise.

Speaking at the event, the Commissioner for Health, Dr. Emmanuel Ikechukwu Obi, reiterated the safety of the vaccines and urged those who have not been vaccinated or completed the second dosage in the first phase to do so, accordingly.

In their separate goodwill messages, the State Coordinator, National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), Sir Philip Ugwueze, the State Coordinator, World Health Organization (WHO), Dr. Ada Erinne and Chief of Field Officer, UNICEF, Enugu, Dr. Ibrahim Conte, commended Gov. Ugwuanyi’s administration for its untiring commitment towards the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic and other public health challenges in the state, urging residents to take advantage of the second phase of the vaccination to get vaccinated and be protected from the dreaded disease.

#EnuguStateIsInTheHandsOfGod
#amokelouis
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1509693626040864&id=100010007227700

Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by TimmyTen(m): 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2021
Someone said “We are all experimental specimens as long as u are breathing”
In this life, make everyday count

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by cornerstonee: 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2021
Nice development!!

Kindly watchband enjoy your weekend

https://youtube.com/channel/UCKfsee9XHI-hjewIOWflxlA
Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by 900warriorz: 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2021
fbfd
Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by AntiVultureGril: 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2021
Kudos 042
Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by hammer567: 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2021
MAY THUNDER FIRE HIM FOR THIS.

WHAT DOES HE KNOW ABOUT VACCINATION?

NDIARA!

WAT WE EXEPECT TO HEAR IS WEAR YOUR MASK, SOCIAL DISTANCE AND SANITIZE YOUR HAND.
Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by SportsHD: 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2021
My arm still hurts from getting my covid jab. Does anyone else feel this way?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by NettyNelly(m): 3:57pm On Aug 28, 2021
Let's keep watching
Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by dasparrow: 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2021
SportsHD:

There is someone, an American woman who said that she took the jab 4 months ago and is still in terrible pain at the injection site to the point that she can't sleep. She's been to the doctor and the doctor does not know what to do to help alleviate the pain. I wonder why you agreed to take that poison with all the information out there of the side effects of taking this gene therapy that will not stop you from contracting or spreading the virus anyway.

Women who took the jab and were already long on menopause are now suddenly seeing their periods again. Women who are not yet in menopause are suddenly having periods that are heavy and periods that won't stop flowing several months later. They are becoming like the woman with the issue of blood that Jesus healed in the bible. The vaccine manufacturers admitted that the spike proteins in this MRNA vaccines lodge themselves in the ovaries. I feel so sorry for African women who want children in the future and have gone to take this vaccine because African societies are brutal towards women who are married and can't conceive.

11 Likes

Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by iamL(f): 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2021
When is Delta starting?
Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by sonymax16(m): 4:07pm On Aug 28, 2021
SportsHD:
If only you know what u have done to urself.The pains in ur arm will be the least of ur problem.Prepare for more health complications in the coming days.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by SportsHD: 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2021
dasparrow:

I wonder why you agreed to take that poison with all the information out there of the side effects of taking this gene therapy that will not stop you from contracting or spreading the virus anyway.
Man needs the vaccine to be able to travel abroad. I needed to go spend some few weeks in bantama. Naija is hot and dangerous

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by SeyiDominion: 4:09pm On Aug 28, 2021
GOOD DEVELOPMENT THAT THE STATE GOVERNMENT IS URGING PEOPLE, NOT 'ORDERING' THEM.

Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by sonymax16(m): 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2021
dasparrow:

There is someone, an American woman who said that she took the jab 4 months ago and is still in terrible pain at the injection site to the point that she can't sleep. She's been to the doctor and the doctor does not know what to do to help alleviate the pain. I wonder why you agreed to take that poison with all the information out there of the side effects of taking this gene therapy that will not stop you from contracting or spreading the virus anyway.

Women who took the jab and were already long on menopause are now suddenly seeing their periods again. Women who are not yet in menopause are suddenly having periods that are heavy and periods that won't stop flowing several months later. They are becoming like the woman with the issue of blood that Jesus healed in the bible. The vaccine manufacturers admitted that the spike proteins in this MRNA vaccines lodge themselves in the ovaries. I feel so sorry for African women who want children in the future and have gone to take this vaccine because African societies are brutal towards women who are married and can't conceive.
Baba leave them.The so called educated ones will come and start telling us how the 'vaccine' is effective in preventing a virus that has 99 percent survival rate.Let them keep submitting themselves as guinea pigs

6 Likes

Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by SportsHD: 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2021
iamL:
When is Delta starting?
At my side here, they said first week in September.
Mehn, I just went through you vaccination thread and I'm weeping for the ignorance of those posters there. It's pathetic and funny at the same time grin.
Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by SportsHD: 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2021
sonymax16:

If only you know what u have done to urself.The pains in ur arm will be the least of ur problem.Prepare for more health complications in the coming days.
Mr conspiracy theorist, welcome to Alcatraz grin grin grin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by Techm8: 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2021
Good for them. I hope people turn out en masse.

Stop going to PHCN office whenever you have issues with your prepaid meter or whatever electricity related issues you might have. Download the Ikeja electric mobile app and chat with a customer representative in realtime to assist you

Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by George5406: 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2021
Our mumu no too much?
Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by symbianDON(m): 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2021
SportsHD:
take the second jab. The pain will go away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by sonymax16(m): 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2021
SportsHD:

Lol......u think it's conspiracy? grin
Go and treat ur side effects then come back and let's talk.So many people are just dieing this days.....what the hell is going on?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by sonymax16(m): 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2021
symbianDON:
take the second jab. The pain will go away.
Two jabs is not enough......he needs more booster shots grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by sonymax16(m): 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2021
SportsHD:

And I dare u to take the second jab grin
Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by 00FFT00(m): 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2021
OEPHIUS:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1509693626040864&id=100010007227700

Louis, do you not feel shame about the nonsense you constantly come here to feed people more learned than you are?. The questions raised here includes:

1. Are we to clap for a state government that monthly appropriates hundreds of millions in naira as security votes for announcing the dispensation of 60,000 vaccine units?.
2. What is the population of eligible vaccine recipients in Enugu?
3. Is the covid19 virus an existential threat to Enugu residents?. if you answer yes, what concretely is your government doing in an ongoing basis to sustain the fight against the virus in the communities.
4. How was the said vaccine procured. Purchased or donated?
5. lastly, exactly what do the statement "achieved 100 percent coverage in the first phase of the AstraZeneca vaccination" mean?.

You frequently come here to trumpet slogans about the most basic things. What exactly was your principal voted in to do that we need to know every time he farts?.

And just how do every one of your "advertorials" always make the front page here on nairaland?.

Abeg make una help me ask.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by Nexton2468: 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2021
grin grin
Re: Enugu Flags Off Second Phase Of COVID-19 Vaccination by Bngf: 4:26pm On Aug 28, 2021
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Way To Shave Pubic Hair. Share Your Experiences Here. / I Need Help: I Do Experience Chest Pain But Not A Smoker / FG Enrols 484,000 From 23 States In Healthcare Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.