Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

I Need Someone I Can Talk With. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Someone I Can Talk With. (2955 Views)

I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do / Be Careful With Helping Strangers -someone I Assisted With Accommodation Almost / Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by paulgabrielz: 1:45pm On Aug 28, 2021
I have been having sucidal thoughts lately. Any one?
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Vulcanheph(m): 1:49pm On Aug 28, 2021
I'm free....
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by yomi007k(m): 1:49pm On Aug 28, 2021
Suicidal thoughts is a sign of major depression. Depression is getting commoner in Nigeria in the last 3 years.

What is causing such thoughts in you?
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by donbachi(m): 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2021
Fight a little longer my friend..its all worth it in the end.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by mariahAngel(f): 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2021
paulgabrielz:
I have been having sucidal thoughts lately. Any one?

You are alive for a specific purpose, and without you alive, that purpose cannot be fulfilled.
Humanity needs you, so make yourself useful to humanity.
If you can, visit hospitals, prisons or orphanages.
Give words of hope and encouragement to those that are there.
Give yourself a mission. Touch at least one life a day.

The moment you stop living for yourself and start living for God and humanity, life will begin to have meaning to you.
Your existence will begin to make sense.

Life is worth fighting for when you have something worth living for.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2021
yomi007k:
Suicidal thoughts is a sign of major depression. Depression is getting commoner in Nigeria in the last 3 years.

Last 3 years ke? I know of people who died "mysterious" deaths back when I was in primary school, you dey here dey talk of last 3 years. Abeg, may we stop to dey choose denial o' Jare! undecided

Depression has been around since even before man was made - animals do experience it too. undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by mariahAngel(f): 4:38pm On Aug 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Last 3 years ke? I know of people who died "mysterious" deaths back when I was in primary school, you dey here dey talk of last 3 years. Abeg, may we stop to dey choose denial o' Jare! undecided

Depression has been around since even before man was made - animals do experience it too. undecided

How so?

I know they experience sadness, but depression? I don’t think so.
Depression is suffering that stems from the soul. Do animals have souls? undecided
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2021
mariahAngel:
How so?

I know they experience sadness, but depression? I don’t
Depression is suffering that stems from the soul. Do animals have souls? undecided
Where do you get the statement in bold from? undecided

And yes, animals do indeed experience depression - sorrow , guilt, shame and all the other emotions wrapped up in it. undecided
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/121004-animals-depression-health-science

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by mariahAngel(f): 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Where do you get the statement in bold from? undecided

I thought deeply to understand why so many people still get depressed, despite having everything or almost everything the world has to offer and it was revealed to me.

Yes, animals do experience depression. undecided
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/121004-animals-depression-health-science

Do animals have souls? undecided
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On Aug 28, 2021
mariahAngel:

I thought deeply to understand why so many people still get depressed, despite having everything or almost everything the world has to offer and it was revealed to me.
Do animals have souls? undecided
Depression, from my experience, has little to nothing to do with the soul. It is a mental illness and can be resolved with the tweaking of chemicals in the brain. undecided

I don't think animals have souls. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by mariahAngel(f): 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Depression, from my experience, has little to nothing to do with the soul. It is a mental illness and can be resolved with the tweaking of chemicals in the brain. undecided
Do antidepressants cure depression permanently?

I don't think animals have souls. undecided

Right.

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Kobojunkie: 5:10pm On Aug 28, 2021
mariahAngel:

Do antidepressants cure depression permanently?
Right.
There is no "cure" for depression. Only treatments that help the brain better manage depression. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by mariahAngel(f): 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
There is no "cure" for depression. Only treatments that help the brain better manage depression. undecided

Who or what told you that? Science? grin

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Aug 28, 2021
mariahAngel:
Who or what told you that? Science? grin
Depression is billed by medical professionals as a "mood" disorder , but recall that these moods contribute to what makes us human. So unless you are trying to cure the human condition, their no cure for depression. undecided

That aside, yes, science does not sell you a cure for depression but treatment for the condition to help the brain better manage the mood. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by paulgabrielz: 5:34pm On Aug 28, 2021
yomi007k:

i made some stupid mistakes and i cant seem to face my family
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by mariahAngel(f): 5:49pm On Aug 28, 2021
paulgabrielz:
i made some stupid mistakes and i cant seem to face my family

What can be so bad that it’ll make you want to commit suicide?
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by yomi007k(m): 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:

I added the word "commoner " .

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Kobojunkie: 6:49pm On Aug 28, 2021
yomi007k:

I added the word "commoner " .
Depression has always been common in Nigeria. However, people are now more aware of it as a problem that requires attention and not denial. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by yomi007k(m): 6:51pm On Aug 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Depression has always been common in Nigeria. However, people are now more aware of it as a problem that requires attention and not denial. undecided

I quite agree. We are saying the same thing.

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by paulgabrielz: 7:12pm On Aug 28, 2021
mariahAngel:

What can be so bad that it’ll make you want to commit suicide?
got into bad company, misapproprited money meant for my schooling on irrelevances, about to throw away my life cause of those mistakes

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Kobojunkie: 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2021
paulgabrielz:
got into bad company, misapproprited money meant for my schooling on irrelevances, about to throw away my life cause of those mistakes
And now your life has ended or you are now busy wallowing in self-pity? undecided
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by paulgabrielz: 7:15pm On Aug 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
And now your life has ended or you are now busy wallowing in self-pity? undecided
i dont know the way forward from here
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Aug 28, 2021
paulgabrielz:
i dont know the way forward from here
Have you at least apologized to those funds you misappropriated? undecided

Have you decided against the bad company you were involved with? undecided

Since you already ruined your chances at better educational training, you should probably be looking into getting a job, any job, so you can raise money to live on , and probably get vocational training that could help you in your chosen future. undecided
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by paulgabrielz: 7:39pm On Aug 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Have you at least apologized to those funds you misappropriated? undecided

Have you decided against bad company you were involved with? undecided

Since you already ruined your chances at better educational training, you should probably be looking into getting a job, any job, so you can raise money to live on , and probably get vocational training that could help you in your chosen future. undecided
my dad would literally shoot me on sight if he knows what is going on. That is my fear
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Aug 28, 2021
paulgabrielz:
my dad would literally shoot me on sight if he knows what is going on. That is my fear
Then maybe you can apologize to him later. But have you made plans on how to live and eat? By the way, how old are you? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by mariahAngel(f): 7:56pm On Aug 28, 2021
paulgabrielz:

And you think those reasons are valid enough to want to take your own life?
Do you think your parents deserve to live through the guilt/embarrassment/shame of their own child committing suicide?
What would they say? why didn’t he just come to us?
Allow yourself some grace, and open up if there’s no other way for you to solve the problem.
Let your parents in on your worries.
What is the worst that could happen that is worse than committing suicide?

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by paulgabrielz: 8:15pm On Aug 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Then maybe you can apologize to him later. But have you made plans on how to live and eat? By the way, how old are you? undecided
early 20's
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by paulgabrielz: 8:17pm On Aug 28, 2021
mariahAngel:

And you think those reasons are valid enough to want to take your own life?
Do you think your parents deserve to live through the guilt/embarrassment/shame of their own child committing suicide?
What would they say? why didn’t he just come to us?
Allow yourself some grace, and open up if there’s no other way for you to solve the problem.
Let your parents in on your worries.
What is the worst that could happen that is worse than committing suicide?
it is not as easy at it seems
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2021
paulgabrielz:
early 20's
Oh, you are definitely old enough to start thinking for yourself. undecided
OYINBO children dey 'wake up at 15/16 years of age go dey work, learn skills and earn a better life for themselves. You need to get off your butt and start planning out how you want your life to go from here. undecided
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by mariahAngel(f): 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2021
paulgabrielz:
it is not as easy at it seems

What? So, You think suicide is an easier option?

You don’t have to face them now if you’re not ready.
You can either choose to call, or send them a heartfelt text message. Whichever one is easier for you.

A time will come when you will think back to now and realize the problem was not as bad as it seemed.
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by mariahAngel(f): 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Oh, you are definitely old enough to start thinking for yourself. undecided
Opinion children dey 'wake up at 15/16 years of age go dey work, learn skills and earn a better life for themselves. You need to get off your butt and start planning out how you want your life to go from here. undecided

You’re giving him tough love. grin

Be less hard on him please.
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Aug 28, 2021
mariahAngel:

You’re giving him tough love. grin
Be less hard on him please.
Nigerians are raised too lazy for my taste. I see it as part and parcel of the problem that is Nigeria. undecided

If say this boy na oyinbo,im for dey here dey tell us of how im feel terrible and so im don go get job at one mechanic store and maybe a construction site, to help raise the money wey im lost. undecided

I don't understand the Nigerian model of raising the next generation at all... it doesn't make any sense to me. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

At Ikoyi Registry, It’s 35 Marriages Daily / Women Submit To Ur Husband For Happy Marriage / Ladies Say Goodbye To Pad And Tampon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.