Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ (2548 Views)

Travails Of Mama Boko Haram: Why She Is Held In Prison Since February / Boko Haram: Why Buhari Can’t Lead Our Troops Like Chadian President– Tony Momoh / Boko Haram: Why I Haven’t Criticised Buhari Despite Borno’s Worsening Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by deantimes(m): 6:03pm On Aug 28, 2021
The Defence Headquarters has confirmed that the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) invited Kunle Olawunmi, a former Nigerian Navy Commodore, to appear before it.

Mr Olawunmi, a top source quoted by Sahara Reporters said, was summoned to appear before the agency with his international passport for criticising the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari in a Wednesday interview on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily.

The medium said the anonymous source told it that the travelling document of the intelligence chief will be seized if presented.

Olawunmi had alleged during the interview that Boko Haram sponsors are presently top government officials and Nigeria’s secret police, State Security Service (SSS) are aware.

Confirming the invitation to ICIR, the spokesman of Defence Headquarters, Maj.-Gen. Benjamin Sawyerr, said Mr Olawunmi was only summoned to appear and tender more information on what he knows about sponsors of the terror group.

“Nigerian Armed forces and its agencies could not arrest him, it’s just in a bid to get more information from him about what he said he knows,” Mr Sawyerr said. “It is the military police that carries out arrest, the DIA don’t carry out arrests.

“Somebody from the DIA who is in charge of counter terrorism only called to ask him to come over so we can hear from him, so that he could aid us in the fight against terrorism, but he switched off his phone after the call.

“It is not true that he was asked to bring his international passport to the DIA. If he was asked to bring his international passport, maybe it could be to corroborate the things he said, like his trip to the US.

“The military is like a family. If he has anything that could assist us to further fight insurgency and terrorism, we invited him to come and give us. We respect our senior officer, that is why the chief of army staff (COAS) is going around the country to have a conversation with them (retired military officers),” he added.

Source: https://todaypoliticsng.com/boko-haram-why-ex-naval-officer-criticising-buhari-on-channels-tv-was-invited-dhq/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by HellAnus: 6:03pm On Aug 28, 2021
Invitation kill all of you there. From ur leader to the last person in that place. Incompetent clowns that cannot secure lives. Sometimes, I wonder why those agencies exist and collect salaries when they do absolutely nothing

23 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by Crossroad1(m): 6:05pm On Aug 28, 2021
said Mr Olawunmi was only summoned to appear and tender more information on what he knows about sponsors of the terror group.

It is not true that he was asked to bring his international passport to the DIA. If he was asked to bring his international passport, maybe it could be to corroborate the things he said, like his trip to the US these people don't think before they talk..

Believe this at your own peril
Gumi
Akintola and Co are still walking free and nothing is being done..
A man in jos said they will never forget and will retaliate and in not less than 4days, 40 people were killed and some burnt to death and that man walks free today.
When it comes to activist and people who says the truth about their government, they have diff and lots of dance steps like python dance
Snake dance but when it comes to boko haram and fulani terrorists, they become mute, deaf and dumb..
People like Gumi and Akintola should be in detention aiding investigation and after that, their body dismembered and sent to each state hanged at the entrance as a deterrence to other terrorists negotiator or terrorists wannabe

18 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by AntiBalaka: 6:06pm On Aug 28, 2021
In a tyrannical state, not single dissent is tolerated.

The party and great leader are to be seen and addressed as benevolent gods.

After several scape goats, the sheeple will come to see their leaders not as men but gods to be worshipped and never criticized.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by HellAnus: 6:06pm On Aug 28, 2021
Crossroad1:
said Mr Olawunmi was only summoned to appear and tender more information on what he knows about sponsors of the terror group.

Don't mind those fools. How many times have they invited sheik Gumi and Pantami for questioning??

15 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by FarahAideed: 6:08pm On Aug 28, 2021
When will you invite Supreme Governor Abu Kaka of Borno Caliphate and the other bandit in Zamfara that shot down NAF jet?

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by Officialgarri: 6:10pm On Aug 28, 2021
I remember in that interview, Olawunmi said he personally interrogated someone who is a government official today.

Olawunmi deliberately avoided telling us his findings or the result of that interrogation.

He simply considered a suspect a sponsor in that interview.

So fine, since he knows those sponsors and kept the information about such persons since Jonathan's government, then I think he should spend a day in his former office to tell them what they don't know under Bubari's government

However, the military council needs to check the kind of soldiers they adopt in the intelligence departments.
After Major Al-mustapha, we haven't had a super intelligent Intelligence officer.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by deantimes(m): 6:11pm On Aug 28, 2021
lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by FarahAideed: 6:12pm On Aug 28, 2021
Crossroad1:

Gumi
Akintola and Co are still walking free and nothing is being done..
A man in jos said they will never forget and will retaliate and in not less than 4days, 40 people were killed and some burnt to death and that man walks free today.
When it comes to activist and people who says the truth about their government, they have diff and lots of dance steps like python dance
Snake dance but when it comes to boko haram and fulani terrorists, they become mute, deaf and dumb..
People like Gumi and Akintola should be in detention aiding investigation and after that, their body dismembered and sent to each state hanged at the entrance as a deterrence to other terrorists negotiator or terrorists wannabe

And they told him to come with sleep over pack and Passport

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by after4: 6:17pm On Aug 28, 2021
This man should not go with his passport make I see how them wan take collect am. It's time to start standing up to these tyrants.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by Daddysidhan: 6:18pm On Aug 28, 2021
We've lost it under this administration.
Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by inoki247: 6:21pm On Aug 28, 2021
So mak he come with him international passport shey traveling within Nigeria or goin for interrogation don dey attract using passport...

Well mayb na Military embassy e dey go.....

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by Queenttoast01: 6:23pm On Aug 28, 2021
Let Nnamdi KANU and Sunday igboho return before you go o.
My candid advice

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by Crossroad1(m): 6:24pm On Aug 28, 2021
FarahAideed:

And they told him to come with sleep over pack and Passport
dem Wan give am accommodation and maybe a one way ticket to jail

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by Sirjamo: 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2021
Oga went on Channels to claim he knows everything, time to explain, he switched off phone.

I guess his sponsors did not pay him to give facts, they just want him to give their foolish supporters something to wail about.
Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:40pm On Aug 28, 2021
This country has finally gone to the dogs.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by mountmoriah(m): 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2021
FarahAideed:
When will you invite Supreme Governor Abu Kaka of Borno Caliphate and the other bandit in Zamfara that shot down NAF jet?
Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by chiemmanuel(m): 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2021
WHY are they acting surprised? As if what he said is alien

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by FreeStuffsNG: 7:05pm On Aug 28, 2021
If he can go to Channels TV, he should not be scared of going to NIA. I hope he's not have PTSD after leaving the military.
They're not all serious enough and I can only feel for the few patriots standing up to fight. A retired senior military officer is forever a member of the security architecture so can't run forever, how he knows so much yet can't honour this invite does not add up.
May God bless Nigeria. All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose.
Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by blahc007: 7:23pm On Aug 28, 2021
Officialgarri:
I remember in that interview, Olawunmi said he personally interrogated someone who is a government official today.

Olawunmi deliberately avoided telling us his findings or the result of that interrogation.

He simply considered a suspect a sponsor in that iterview.

So fine, since he knows those sponsors and kept the information about such persons since Jonathan's government, then I think he should spend a day in his former office to tell them what they don't know under Bubari's government

However, the military council needs to check tye kind of soldiers they adopt in the intelligence departments.
After Major Al-mustapha, we haven't had a super intelligent Intelligence officer.
You sound like a mumu..are you one?

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:24pm On Aug 28, 2021
Sirjamo:
Oga went on Channels to claim he knows everything, time to explain, he switched off phone.

I guess his sponsors did not pay him to give facts, they just want him to give their foolish supporters something to wail about.

Do you really believe he was paid to grant the interview? This is an officer I know personally. I served under him. If it were not in a command HQ, he would have been my CO. The Commodore Olawunmi I know cannot be easily swayed with money, because he's not a poor man. I also know him to be an officer who has a lot of respect for himself and others, irrespective of their rank. So how much will you pay him to sell his conscience? Perhaps, some of the things he said were out of proportion, they're not very far from what most Nigerians know to be true.

In case you're not aware, no military men in Nigeria serving or retired is happy with the security situation of the country, and they blame the country's leadership for it. The only exception would be those who support the so called agenda.

It was for the same reason, most soldiers prayed for Goodluck's exit, because they saw him as a weakling. They believed that PMB as a retired general will not tolerate boko boys, only for him to prove us wrong.

If you have friends or relatives in the military, ask them who they think are the sponsors of boko haram and bandits and share their answer with us. Do you know what that does to a soldier psyche? That the same people sending him to war fronts are the sponsors. It doesn't matter here if it's true or not, that is what most soldiers believe.

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by sotomayor: 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2021
Sirjamo:

month don end 30k go soon drop

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by Leboska(m): 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2021
No wonder you are now dying like chickens even rag tag bandits roast you guys for fun. I said it you are naturally useless except when unarmed civilian are involved, that's when you become world power

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by leofab(f): 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2021
What a nation..
Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by blahc007: 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2021
Sirjamo:

Na 2by4 go good for your skull...even without the man speaking up, you no first know say na top men in power de sponsor the trouble going on in this contri?
How u Buhari supporters sound sometyms ehn...I just de wonder weda una de colet daily pay for defending a visible failure like him

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by Officialgarri: 7:39pm On Aug 28, 2021
PatrickOkunima:

Do you really believe he was paid to grant the interview? This is an officer I know personally. I served under him. If it were not in a command HQ, he would have been my CO. The Commodore Olawunmi I know cannot be swayed with money, because he has plenty of it. I also know him to be an officer who has a lot of respect for himself and others, irrespective of their rank. So how much will you pay him to sell his conscience. Perhaps, some of the things he said were out of proportion, they're not very far from what most Nigerians know to be true.

In case you're not aware, no military men in Nigeria serving or retired is happy with the security situation of the country, and they blame the country's leadership for it. The only exception would be those who support the so called agenda.

It was for the same reason, most soldiers prayed for Goodluck's exit, because they saw him as a weakling. They believed that PMB as a retired general will not tolerate boko boys, only for him to prove us wrong.

If you have friends or relatives in the military, ask them who they think are the sponsors of boko haram and bandits and share their answer with us. Do you know what that does to a soldier psyche? That the same people sending him to war fronts are the sponsors. It doesn't matter here if it's true or not, that is what most soldiers believe.

Served under who? You are such a pathetic liar.

Some of you will just come here under the guise of being anonymous to dish out lies. But to what gain?

And as for commodore, if he can expose unfounded and unconcluded "truths", then as an Intelligence officer, he must be able to back up every of his claims with accurate details —that includes time, location and names

PatrickOkunima:

You think everyone is like you?
Mr man. Shut the hell up. Stop claiming what you aren't. If you are who you claim to be, I will forward your details to you right now on WhatsApp... angry
Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by EddyNumerouno(m): 7:45pm On Aug 28, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
If he can go to Channels TV, he should not be scared of going to NIA. I hope he's not have PTSD after leaving the military.
They're not all serious enough and I can only feel for the few patriots standing up to fight. A retired senior military officer is forever a member of the security architecture so can't run forever, how he knows so much yet can't honour this invite does not add up.
May God bless Nigeria. All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose.

if Gumi can go to the bandits, why can't he face DSS?

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by Jamesbiodun(m): 7:48pm On Aug 28, 2021
Awon werey sad
Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by Sirjamo: 7:49pm On Aug 28, 2021
PatrickOkunima:

Do you really believe he was paid to say the things he said? This is an officer I know personally. I served under him. If it were not in a command HQ, he would have been my CO. The Commodore Olawunmi I know cannot be swayed with money, because he has plenty of it. I also know him to be an officer who has a lot of respect for himself and others, irrespective of their rank. So how much will you pay him to sell his conscience. Perhaps, some of the things he said were out of proportion, they're not very far from the truth.

Let's agree for the sake of argument that government officials are behind it and the President is shielding them, what would be their gain? On what ground would Buhari want to destroy a country he leads?

According to Mr Olawunmi, they are doing it for Islamization agenda. My questions are, we have been hearing of Islamization agenda for like 300 years now, please how many village have been islamize? How many Church have been converted to mosque?

Do you believe that some people will wake up and decide to kill or forcefully convert over 80 million Nigerian Christians?

If you said that government has failed to provide adequate security, I completely agree with you. But saying the government is behind it is the one thing I will never take. Why would anyone wants to set his own house on fire?

I know there might be some saboteurs, but to go as far as saying Buhari knew them but did nothing is the most illogical thing I have ever heard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:50pm On Aug 28, 2021
Officialgarri:

Served under who? You are such a pathetic liar.

Some of you will just come here under the guise of being anonymous to dish out lies. But to what gain?

And as for commodore, if he can expose unfounded and unconcluded "truths", then as an Intelligence officer, he must be able to back up every of his claims with accurate details —that includes time, location and names

You think everyone is like you?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Ex-naval Officer Criticising Buhari Was Invited – DHQ by vedaxcool(m): 7:53pm On Aug 28, 2021
grin this is the post. The man is an indication of how the military hires fanatical elements into its midst.

Let's remember the following;

1. Under a Christian president no single chibok girl was rescued. Under Islamisation president a good number of girls have been rescued and secured.
2. Under a Christian president churches in the North fell under repeated bombings. Under "Islamisation" president this has bee. Totally stopped.
3. Under a Christian president, a huge swat of the NE was under the yokedome of terrorist BH. Under "Islamisation" president all territories have been recovered from the terrorists group
I can go on and on. Olawumi is your typical fanatic who fanaticism is followed by dumb rhetorics and believes by absolute morons.

Officialgarri:

He simply considered a suspect a sponsor in that iterview.

However, the military council needs to check tye kind of soldiers they adopt in the intelligence departments.

Thus cancels all the foolishness of the liar.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Jew who instigated the Nigerian Civil war (Mods can ban their father) / Why Is The Muslim World So Poor? / Between David Hundeyin And Adamu Garba On DW TV As They Defend Obi And Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.