Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? (12261 Views)

Christians From Other Denominations Will Bow Before You - Adeboye Prays For RCCG / Can You Cancel Marriage Because Of Church Denominations Difference? / Check Out This New Church Invitation Card (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by penearth(m): 9:52am On Aug 29, 2021
Capital NO
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by jubrilELsudan: 9:53am On Aug 29, 2021
YES IF THERE IS FVCK IN THE OTHER DENOMINATIONS.
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Teerach: 9:55am On Aug 29, 2021
I don't even go to church. I love being around people who truly love life and humanity. Not around people who do stuffs because there is a reward somewhere. Religion teaches you conditions. You do good to inherit a kingdom. You do evil to inherit virgins etc.
I don't need to do good to you because I'm gonna be rewarded. I'm gonna do it cos I'm in love with life and humanity. Because it's a sane thing to do. Because it's part of how I want to be treated in return.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by DonroxyII: 10:05am On Aug 29, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:
This is one of our PROBLEMS.
When GOD sent us to this world, he never gave us a CHURCH nor RELIGION. We were born without Language, Religion and cloths to Parents, who will now decide our fate for the rest of our lives.

GOD is neither a Christian nor Muslim.
He's just supreme.
Religion is a way through which one chooses to reverence God.
But in Nigeria the case is different.
They threaten you in Islam with Jihad.
They threaten you in Christianity with the wrath of God if you choose not to align with their teachings.
The cause of all these is that PEOPLE have allowed others to think for them.
God is just about Morality and Discipline.... God is one and Everywhere ..... Humanitarianism.... Love to all Object including animals !!

Be Moral, Be Discipline, Be humane and be at peace with yourself and your life goals!! ..... Now to be Moral, Discipline and humane comes with a force ....

One force taking you away from Morality/Discipline/Humanitarianism (Devil or bug) another force getting you closer (God)

..... That's when Human now have to fight and force himself to align and you also need like minds to promote the alignment thus "Religion" .......

Every other thing na scam !

5 Likes

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by ikorodureporta: 10:17am On Aug 29, 2021
I used to dream of visiting all the major/ mega churches.
Been to Adeboyes service. Oyedepo was never on my list cos I see him as a very proud person. Now Okotie & Tunde Bakare have joined my list of those with attitude problem, so I don't think I will ever visit them.
When I started seeing the romance among Paul Adefarasin and Daystar RCCG, TREM I've delisted them.
The only man standing is Kumuyi. He's the one respect most & I wish to attend his service before the guy go wakka..
The way him dey do crusades these days e b like say time don near

3 Likes

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Angelfrost(m): 10:39am On Aug 29, 2021
Denominations mean nothing to me... So, I accept all invites.

Once seated and I sense something off, I am out!

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by urchcoded(m): 10:39am On Aug 29, 2021
Righteousness2:
It is not really about Honoring an invitation to Church. It is about Going to where GOD is.

There are so many Churches/ religious Centers but only few Put out the Raw Undiluted Word of GOD that will refine and remold you to what will pleases GOD.

Many have become Entertainment, Motivational and Show centers where people come to show themselves in terms of Vanities and things that Have nothing for the safety of your soul.

In these Endtimes,You need the Spirit of Discernment to know if you should go for an invite or not. Because not every place that is called Church is a Church. There are places you go to and something else is transferred on you.

Lastly, if you are attending a Church and you are comfortable in Your sin of Fornication, Adultery abortion, gambling, Prostitution, Yahoo yahoo, Fraud or evil of any kind, for the sake of your soul, you need to Change your Church.
this your undiluted word of God I know say e nor pass repent or perish. I'll pass

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by kambili999(f): 10:50am On Aug 29, 2021
Yes. To some churches tho
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by kodix(m): 10:51am On Aug 29, 2021
Yes so far there will be hot tea before service and ,jellof rice,salad and chicken with chilled drink after service.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 29, 2021
Personally I don't go to many different churches cos many are into pastoral business to deceive. I research the lead pastor very well. I do not care about denomination, but how well the lead pastor knows the word, and what comes out of him. If I get to a new city, I check around, search online, make serious research on lead pastors, and then visit to listen. When my heart goes with the pastor, I start attending. Trust me, I dont get involved in those too many church activities. I do what is necessary and I return to my house. I do not have time to join all those departmental things...but if i see something my spirit flows with, I join. That's me. And if I leave that city, dont ever expect me I'm auto going to that same denomination. It's the lead pastor I use as my main reason. And if the church's lead pastor is changed, the moment a rubbish or not sound one takes over, I'm done. I must feed my inner self with the word, and not engage in useless church activities.

The kind of teacher of the word I choose is Bro. Gbile Akanni. Excellent teacher. Teachers like Rick Renner. Tunde Bakare is cool too, but I will not opt for him first cos he is dabbling into politics too much these days. I do not think I will go to all those huge and big churches again...but maybe if the branch pastor is sound...maybe.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by udoka55555: 10:53am On Aug 29, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
I stopped that the very say I was invited by a guy from this particular church that pams/fries their hair.

Imagine forcefully forcing me to speak in tongue and when I didn't, they started praying and pushing my head forcefully to fall down as if I am a demon but, las las, my God come shame them because I ROOTED MY TENTACLES FOR GROUND LIKE MAD.

I BALANCED YAKATA AND WAS LAUGHING AT THEM.

I know the church...they did the same thing to me.... exactly like you described it.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Paswill(m): 10:54am On Aug 29, 2021
Righteousness2:
It is not really about Honoring an invitation to Church. It is about Going to where GOD is.

There are so many Churches/ religious Centers but only few Put out the Raw Undiluted Word of GOD that will refine and remold you to what will pleases GOD.

Many have become Entertainment, Motivational and Show centers where people come to show themselves in terms of Vanities and things that Have nothing for the safety of your soul.

In these Endtimes,You need the Spirit of Discernment to know if you should go for an invite or not. Because not every place that is called Church is a Church. There are places you go to and something else is transferred on you.

Lastly, if you are attending a Church and you are comfortable in Your sin of Fornication, Adultery abortion, gambling, Prostitution, Yahoo yahoo, Fraud or evil of any kind, for the sake of your soul, you need to Change your Church.

Is GOD not everywhere?
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Drizzy5001(m): 10:54am On Aug 29, 2021
I used to attend other churches aside my from my own church, (catholic) whenever I'm invited by my friends, but I now noticed that each time,I invite them to my own church, they no go come, (they think that they have sense) so i decided to avoid any other church. undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Sholaco: 11:07am On Aug 29, 2021
Ofcourse, nothing bad in that..I was glad when i got an invitation from a neighbour for me to worship with them in their church
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by StUriah(m): 11:08am On Aug 29, 2021
Na so one babe wan switch my base from Redeem to her church weh dem just start. I go there first time and she wan turn am to regular thing for me. She go dey disturb me make I come for every service as if I no get direction for life. If I tell am say we get program for my own Church she no wan gree make I go there. I think her church dey use am to get customers for the pastors so they can turn me to mumu. She dey too desperate not for relationship like that because she know my girlfriend but she can offer her body to me just to join her church and I don't know why people can be gullible like that.
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by BRATISLAVA: 11:14am On Aug 29, 2021
Xscape047:
Before the invention of color TV, 75% of people said they dreamed in black and white. Today, only 12% do.

Did they see in Black and White, too?

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Positiveme2020: 11:14am On Aug 29, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
Church isn't important. It's a place full of evil men masquerading as pastors, and their deficient members who run it like they run the Nigeria civil service.

You are the temple and the church is within you. Don't waste your time with liars and hypocrites on the pulpit.
You are the temple and the church is within you. Don't waste your time with liars and hypocrites on the pulpit.
I agree with this line.
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by enemyofprogress: 11:17am On Aug 29, 2021
Only if there is RSVP, rice and soup very plenty

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Ezmans: 11:20am On Aug 29, 2021
Righteousness2:

recommend me like two churches you I'll like me to attend

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:26am On Aug 29, 2021
udoka55555:

I know the church...they did the same thing to me.... exactly like you described it.
Baba, e no funny that day oh because they were trying to pull me down but, I come chop kernel sey dem no fit root me komot for where I stand.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Righteousness2(m): 11:34am On Aug 29, 2021
Ezmans:
recommend me like two churches you I'll like me to attend

Ask GOD in Prayer to Show you where you worship Him indeed. If you make a Honest Prayer, HE will tell you.

Personally, I am a CHOSEN

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Angy55(f): 11:45am On Aug 29, 2021
DropsMic:
Na hypocrites dey go church

Meanwhile from experience i've found out that those who don't go to church and those who do but are not the typical hook line and sinker Christians are very honest people. But you see those ones who sleep in the church, those ones who won't hesitate to tell you how good of a Christian they are, those who talk about God alot and pastors generally - when dealing with them always keep your guards up.

Do with this information what you will

You nailed it

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by daveP(m): 11:46am On Aug 29, 2021
Discerning of Spirit is more important than speaking in tongues. But now we see some people believing that Kabashing immediately after intense bedmatics is going to purify and cleanse their wrtechedness and sinfulness.

If one can discern, even if the gathering is of millions and Global, he or she would knoe if God is there or not.

Depart from me, i know you not!!!!

E plenty.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Coldie(m): 11:47am On Aug 29, 2021
One thing I don’t like is there altar calls, once they do altar call and u go automatically they believe u are now a member of their church

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by fineberry(m): 11:51am On Aug 29, 2021
ikorodureporta:
Those days it was easy to sway some of us to other churches. Just by street invite, the next Sunday we're there!

I don't think anyone can get me to their church again. Especially those new churches
just last month I went to one denomination like that...... I attend other people church. No big deal.
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by anambraamaka: 11:55am On Aug 29, 2021
Yes I was at one last week in Enugu, winners Chapel
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by lomprico(m): 11:58am On Aug 29, 2021
yes but I dont come out for first timers!
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Dahunsipaul(m): 12:09pm On Aug 29, 2021
I no get time
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by OBTOREPA(m): 12:10pm On Aug 29, 2021
Why is christains hating themselves because of denominations, is that Church not a body of Christ?
And we want to make heaven? Hmmm.
Many will be shocked on the last day.
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 29, 2021
Crossroad1:
Na shakara u Wan go do there or you Wan go worship?
So na wetin dem dey always fight for be this? First to comment..
Toor.
Let me use this medium to curse everyone making life unbearable for Nigerians and their supporters,
You people will never know peace in your lives
You shall walk and stumble
You shall sow and not reap
You shall sleep and never wake up
For bringing so much atrocities and causing us so much pain, pain will never leave your abode.
You people shall fall from grace to grass to grave..

So much death, so much pain..
And now, they want to increase electricity tariff..
E o ni ku re!!!
Twe Twe Twe kelebe Twe.

Lols

On a platter of gold o.

You used it well my dear.
Re: Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? by descarado: 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2021
Teerach:
I don't even go to church. I love being around people who truly love life and humanity. Not around people who do stuffs because there is a reward somewhere. Religion teaches you conditions. You do good to inherit a kingdom. You do evil to inherit virgins etc.
I don't need to do good to you because I'm gonna be rewarded. I'm gonna do it cos I'm in love with life and humanity. Because it's a sane thing to do. Because it's part of how I want to be treated in return.
Preach!

The is the genesis of the problems in Nigeria.

No act of true kindness from parents to kids, kids to parents and then the society at large cos you expect a reward for a small help rendered to others.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Did Islam Not Spread Much, Much Further Across Subsaharan Africa? / Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? / Little Things You Do That Will Trigger The Curse Of Hell Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.