Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,507 members, 7,801,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

There Are No Menial Jobs - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Are No Menial Jobs (98 Views)

No Job, Even If It's Menial,no Helper Thank You Jah. Rip In Advance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

There Are No Menial Jobs by Btruth: 4:07am On Aug 29, 2021
There Are No Menial Jobs

Sun, 29 Aug 2021

‘Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.’ 1 Corinthians 10:31

David said, ‘I would rather be a gatekeeper in the house of my God than live the good life in the homes of the wicked.’ (Psalm 84:10 NLT)

Joni Eareckson Tada writes: ‘Elsie runs a Christian home for young girls who’ve left lives of prostitution and drug dealing on the streets of Hollywood. She walks the streets, shares the Gospel, and leads these girls to Christ. If these new converts truly desire to change their lives and commit to new responsibilities, they’ve a place in Elsie’s home. Pam is one such convert… A Christian with a sweet spirit, she bears scars from knife fights and heroin needles. Her arms are marred with tattoos. I sensed her joy and deep appreciation when she explained her role… “I scrub the toilets and bathrooms… That’s my job and I love it!” This young woman was so grateful to have structure in her life, safety in her surroundings, and an honest-to-goodness job of service in Christ’s Kingdom… that a day of ministry in Elsie’s home was far better than a thousand days lived in the sordid pursuit of self-destructive pleasures… Her humble spirit towards her job… her delight in cleaning toilets sprang from a keen awareness of her role in the body of Christ. Few believers have a background like Pam’s, but every day each of us rolls our sleeves up to accomplish menial, basic tasks—changing oil [in the car], changing ink cartridges in printers, or changing diapers.’

So, how’s your attitude towards menial work? When you ‘serve the Lord with gladness’ (Psalm 100:2 KJV), you find joy in everyday tasks because you remember who you’re working for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are No Menial Jobs by luwiizy(m): 6:10am On Aug 29, 2021
mtchew.....
Re: There Are No Menial Jobs by xproducer: 6:50am On Aug 29, 2021
"And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ." - Colossians 3:23-24

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday In New Covenant: Bajomo Clocks A Year Older / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/09/2021 / Inevitable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.