Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? (17136 Views)

Is This Why Modern Christian Can't Do Miracles As Apostle Paul And Peter Did? / Miracles As Of Old / 10 Self-Proclaimed Holy Men With Miracles That Went Horribly Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by abidem4real: 11:45am On Aug 29, 2021
Omooba77:
Why are we not seeing Miracles as of Old?
It is because there are no men of God as of old.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by jaxxy(m): 11:47am On Aug 29, 2021
Omooba77:

because We are not following the principles of old.

Miracles is not copy and paste.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by daveP(m): 11:49am On Aug 29, 2021
Omooba77:

True faith is waning

False Miracle vendors are booming
People rush for validation and defend with matyrdom Mentality instead of depending on the Holy Spirit that they can even make someone actually baptized and operating in spiritual gifts to doubt if he or she has the true spirit, due to the confidence the false one wields.

Pastors/hirelings that would only think aout themselves when danger looms

Compulsory fufillment of Last Day Prophecies to the smallest precision.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by rosalieene(f): 11:49am On Aug 29, 2021
Omooba77:
Come to NSPPD and see miracles.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Lordnewton1(m): 12:02pm On Aug 29, 2021
oil don finish. Soup no remain. Everything don adulterate now
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Indispensable85(m): 12:07pm On Aug 29, 2021
Omooba77:

I've asked this question several times.
It's well
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by jaxxy(m): 12:08pm On Aug 29, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Must you advertise your envy? If you do not have a reasonable objection to present, it was better you walked on by.

U ridiculed sm1’s education and Sm1 else Ridiculed urs and u Are complaining and calling it envy?

The advice u gave to workch u should have given to urself 1st.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Noblewealth(m): 12:08pm On Aug 29, 2021
It's because there's no power as of old..
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2021
Thank you, father.

❤❤❤❤
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Nekky5(f): 12:14pm On Aug 29, 2021
The reason we do not see genuine miracles as we used to is because we have placed the things of the world first before God.Mathew 6:33
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by timmy2324: 12:17pm On Aug 29, 2021
because charisma & gimmick replace the holy spirit

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by elijahkayode(m): 12:18pm On Aug 29, 2021
musicwriter:

Good question.

The answer is because science (cameras, thermometers, endoscopy, mobile phones, experiment, etc) can now show what you called miracle in ancient time wasn't a miracle but a scam or magic or natural. That's why the "miracles" in the bible and koran keeps getting smaller and smaller and smaller.

Four thousand (4,000) years ago the bible god could divide the sea and let people pass.

Two thousand (2,000) years ago he could make someone walk on water and raise the dead after three days.

One thousand nine hundred (1,900) years ago he could make prisoners in chain disappear from prison.

One thousand hundred (1,100) years ago he could give you a certificate of approval to go to heaven after you die.

These days, all he could do is make you rich and heal headache. In future even this would no longer be tenable. And this is why a scientist Laurence Clause has said that "over time religions would die on their own." That's very true.

It may take time but religions would just die and disappear on their own as people get more smarter and rational.

I feel like I have to share cause Ur knowledge has omitted shaitan from the trouble & chaos in earth

No more miracle because guess darkness has taken hold
God said darkness comes everytime man sleep and please guys we have to remember that the darkness God separated in the beginning is still what we call night today
so yes shift your mind

I believe Night is the source of all evil on earth today

read this
fallen from Eden God garden as the fallen treason, "he thought to ascend unto God throne and he thought he could ascend above the heights of the clouds and make himself above the Most High and he was thrown down like an abominated branch to deep pit as profane

2) am glad most of Us Guys are starting to witness to the despair, sorrow, fear, violence & evil chaos going on earth as woeshaitan step up his all out rebellion against God will and his evilwar against
God Throne & the Prosperity Of God Kingdom
so yes pity mankind cause the evil fighting God is here on Earth and it's determined to destroy man until resurrection day

note: if you want to confirm night just try and pray through the night for three days that's if u can (12-7am)
even ur flesh will start fight everything u think u know about urself

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by nikky5(m): 12:30pm On Aug 29, 2021
Miracle still happen in our days.
About three weeks ago, during a prayer meeting. People brought sealed Eva bottled water to be prayed for.

On getting home, one of the women poured some of the water into the well that has been dried for six months. The tenants woke up to see large volume of water in the well. The landlord became paralysed instantly.

I have witnessed numerous miracles especially healing miracles.

Just that not everyone makes noise. It's not a passport to heaven.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Willie2015: 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2021
Omooba77:

Folks of 2day dont pray again...
Too many distractions...
Phones.. TV... Socia Media...
Business.. tighte...offering....hustlins...
How many folks can pray for a minimum of three hours daily for a year...
I ve been reading about the prayer life of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola...
It was written that he could pray for 3 days non stop...

Light yourself on fire with passion and people will come from miles to watch you burn.' John Wesley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by sugarbeesmith(m): 12:33pm On Aug 29, 2021
Omooba77:
the ones you see you condemn and call names .same man of God Tbjoshua whom God has been using for decades you all call him names and condemned him till his last days . Now u here saying why is there no miracles ?

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by JaskanFactor: 12:34pm On Aug 29, 2021
I have my own personal theory about this. Why dont we see miracles like in the days of old.

The miracles by their nature , come from a softly spoken gently moving quiet place of power, and if you have a busy life , live in noisy place or you like to do things fast you may not notice it.

Its like an electric signal , you have to act like it to follow the signal, become more quiet, more gentle, seek quiet places, less busy life, and what is hiding in plain sight shall reveal itself to you.

So that not everybody you see in the street are like the words you speak, for some they are seeing miracle every minute as the voices in thier chest match what is going on around them all day, cause they walk in the path of the quiet one of most power.

Its not that there are no miracles, its cause the evil one the helpful adversary has created a world of mental distraction, so you dont notice and and not able to follow the signal of the the miraculous.

When you slow down in every sense of that word, the miracles are easier to see, as the voices in your mind sound more real than ever , both good and bad voices.

This is why mediation with breathing exercise is good to open the eyes to the world of the mind. Meditation on its own is too hard, that is why you need to just focus on the breath, the rest will by itself.

We are part of a very hitech ancient civilisation, but the technology is so advanced we just simply call it spiritual .
I was 40 years old before i realised in great amazement that even the entire sky above the clouds is a gigantic rotating wheel, that takes about a week to complete one revolution, get your mind around that if you can. I still find it scary.

You are living in the miracle every second of the day, from inside your mind, all the way up to the sky, but the adversary has enforced and encourage busy life so that we cant see any of this. I had to move from the city to a village to wakeup, and in village also the night sky is easier to see and glorious by far.

Do your research on the meaning of the statement, The evil of Intellect Worship .
Also Do your research on meaning of the word , Mindfulness.

Or you can just simply know that every breath you take yourself consciously, is a very powerful thing, more powerful than the breaths taken for you when you forget to breath, hence always court close to where there is fresh air. You supposed to be smoking the fresh air with your nose to get you high to see the quiet one hiding in plain sight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by NairaMaster1(m): 12:36pm On Aug 29, 2021
Omooba77:

Do you believe the one you are seeing? You call the ones you're seeing fake.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by O3NA: 12:48pm On Aug 29, 2021
Come to the Lord's Chosen you will know that power have not change.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Truvelisback(m): 12:48pm On Aug 29, 2021
Many aren't ready to pay the price. Miracles,healings,signs and wonders aren't cheap. Yes, it isn't cheap.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Jackbaur88: 12:52pm On Aug 29, 2021
And who told you that there are no more miracles today?
The power of God is still same today as it was many years ago.
In as much as there are false people every where faking miracles, there are genuine and sincere men of God bringing down the Glory of God every now and then. At least in Nigeria, we have Pastor W.F Kumuyi, Pst E.A Adeboye and other men of God who we may not be hearing of. We also have a young Joshua Selman who presents the Word of God in it's totality, healing the sick, bringing salvation to the unsaved and deliverance to the captive and delivering the word with so much rhema and inspiration.
He is the God of yesterday, today and for ever. His word has never changed, His power has not diminished. study the Word of God, Believe the Word In its totally and confess it and see yourself triumph in Life.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Istand4justice: 12:54pm On Aug 29, 2021
Omooba77:

[
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JOKH_Wobk4 Divine Touch Global Crusade is a good example, have a good look at it!
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by RepoMan007: 12:54pm On Aug 29, 2021
Because of increased distractions. Television, social media, football, BBNaija and more won't let many settle down with God as much as they would have loved to.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Ub8956(m): 12:57pm On Aug 29, 2021
BKayy:
Because people are now smart plus we now have social media, scientists and phones.

You think that if it is now that Jesus raised Lazarus from the grave or fed 5k people with five bread that there won't be scientific research about it and people sharing it on social media which will get to the right authorities that will burst the scam

Ask pastor Money Miracle how his own went after it was shared on social media.
In conclusion, Miracles wouldn't have existed if social media was around then
Sometimes I see people's comment and wonder if they truly have brains. Who invented social,what ideas, knowledge was used to invent internet? Is it ghost that invented them. When computer was first invented you were not born,so what do you have to justify the crap about ...*miracle wouldn't have bla bla..*. We're programmers,we build stuffs for sheeple like you to enjoy surfing the net. Do you know there are thousands of things not uploaded to the internet due to security reasons? And you think if Jesus is to come,he'll come in the old fashion way? Better wake up. Miracle happens everyday! Mere recovering from covid 19 is a miracle to many. Pray you don't experience something you'll need miracle to settled.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by MkBaron(m): 12:59pm On Aug 29, 2021
nikky5:
Miracle still happen in our days.
About three weeks ago, during a prayer meeting. People brought sealed Eva bottled water to be prayed for.

On getting home, one of the women poured some of the water into the well that has been dried for six months. The tenants woke up to see large volume of water in the well. The landlord became paralysed instantly.

I have witnessed numerous miracles especially healing miracles.

Eweee

Just that not everyone makes noise. It's not a passport to heaven.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by jozz(m): 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2021
Because the purpose of miracles had been fufilled back then. Therefore God has withdraw all such powers. What you see now is all deception
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Muchmore024: 1:02pm On Aug 29, 2021
nikky5:

note: if you want to confirm night just try and pray through the night for three days that's if u can (12-7am)
even ur flesh will start fight everything u think u know about urself
Your English construction is confusing. Can you break it into pieces pls. What do you really mean
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Myer(m): 1:05pm On Aug 29, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Stop saying what I did not say.

My answer about the idiom of friends made in response to Blakjewelry's was very clear, so stop being a Snake and Twisting things out of their places.

I do not understand what you are saying here, for it lacks coherence and disjointed. "Miracle, God convicted these men, I attack others"?

This is not coherent!

I already gave my answer to this above, when I Said "How can there be miracles when these are the Last Days?"

Now I'm surprised that you claim I'm twisting your words when you yourself said what you said.

According to you, those who seek after Miracles before they can believe are simply fair weather friends right?

I simply proved you wrong by letting you know that Abraham, Moses and the Apostles had to be convinced with miracles before they believed.

Abraham, heard from God and experienced God's power when his a king wanted to claim his wife. He likewise experienced God's victory over Sodom and Gomoreah when he went to save Lot.

Moses obviously asked God to show him miracles before he could accept God's proposal.

Jesus himself provided fish for Peter to capture after a day of drought for Peter to follow him.

Paul had to be struck with divine light that blinded him and heard Jesus directly speak to him.

Stop attacking those who seek miracles before they can believe especially in this age of majorly false prophets and teachers.

John said it all in 1 John 1:1-4
They could believe because they experienced the miracles. They handled the truth and performed miracles too.

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life
2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, hand bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us—3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.
4 And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Newton85: 1:05pm On Aug 29, 2021
Because so-called "miracles" of old never happened. They're just a bunch of laughable and absurd myths, legends and fairytales.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by BKayy: 1:08pm On Aug 29, 2021
Ub8956:

Sometimes I see people's comment and wonder if they truly have brains. Who invented social,what ideas, knowledge was used to invent internet? Is it ghost that invented them. When computer was first invented you were not born,so what do you have to justify the crap about ...*miracle wouldn't have bla bla..*. We're programmers,we build stuffs for sheeple like you to enjoy surfing the net. Do you know there are thousands of things not uploaded to the internet due to security reasons? And you think if Jesus is to come,he'll come in the old fashion way? Better wake up. Miracle happens everyday! Mere recovering from covid 19 is a miracle to many. Pray you don't experience something you'll need miracle to settled.
Shattap there. You are not a scientist but an Ignorant Religionist.
May I remind you that.
1) The first woman to vaccinate her kids was Grafted by the church
2) The person that defended the man that said the earth revolves round the sun was charged for blasphemy by the Church and later died in their prison.
3) The first person that said "one day, humans will fly" (Aeroplane) was burnt on the charges of being a witch.

Infact Christianity in particular is an enemy of science thats why most scientists ran to the East which provided sanctuary for them

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Special32: 1:15pm On Aug 29, 2021
JaskanFactor:
I have my own personal theory about this. Why dont we see miracles like in the days of old.

The miracles by their nature , come from a softly spoken gently moving quiet place of power, and if you have a busy life , live in noisy place or you like to do things fast you may not notice it.

Its like an electric signal , you have to act like it to follow the signal, become more quiet, more gentle, seek quiet places, less busy life, and what is hiding in plain sight shall reveal itself to you.

So that not everybody you see in the street are like the words you speak, for some they are seeing miracle every minute as the voices in thier chest match what is going on around them all day, cause they walk in the path of the quiet one of most power.

Its not that there are no miracles, its cause the evil one the helpful adversary has created a world of mental distraction, so you dont notice and and not able to follow the signal of the the miraculous.

When you slow down in every sense of that word, the miracles are easier to see, as the voices in your mind sound more real than ever , both good and bad voices.

This is why mediation with breathing exercise is good to open the eyes to the world of the mind. Meditation on its own is too hard, that is why you need to just focus on the breath, the rest will by itself.

We are part of a very hitech ancient civilisation, but the technology is so advanced we just simply call it spiritual .
I was 40 years old before i realised in great amazement that even the entire sky above the clouds is a gigantic rotating wheel, that takes about a week to complete one revolution, get your mind around that if you can. I still find it scary.

You are living in the miracle every second of the day, from inside your mind, all the way up to the sky, but the adversary has enforced and encourage busy life so that we cant see any of this. I had to move from the city to a village to wakeup, and in village also the night sky is easier to see and glorious by far.

Do your research on the meaning of the statement, The evil of Intellect Worship .
Also Do your research on meaning of the word , Mindfulness.

Or you can just simply know that every breath you take yourself consciously, is a very powerful thing, more powerful than the breaths taken for you when you forget to breath, hence always court close to where there is fresh air. You supposed to be smoking the fresh air with your nose to get you high to see the quiet one hiding in plain sight.

everyone have a right to believe in whatever they want if miracles are real fine if they are not also fine but my one problem in the whole thing is once you don't buy someone's idea of things wahala don start be dat oo it either you are an atheist or the other way round you are not knowledgeable enough to think
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2021
Which kind of miracles? Spiderman or superman kind of miracle? Or the talking snake and horse kind of miracle? They happen. Only in movies and fiction books
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Geenosko: 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2021
As if you people will believe.

The ones that you see, you people will be shouting fake miracles

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

David Oyedepo's Story / The Coming Back Of Jesus: How To Be Prepared As A Christian / Why Is It Unforgivable To Sin Against The Holy Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.