Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie (34389 Views)

Kemi Adetiba Releases Documentary Teaser For King Of Boys Sequel (video) / Kemi Adetiba Confirms Plans To Make 'King Of Boys' 2 / Download Aqua Man Latest 2018 Movie On CMA BLOG Cmabrains.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2021
I rarely watch Nigerian movies. But I had guests yesterday and I watched this series. Sola Sobowale is damn too good in that movie. Mehn. She is an amazing artist.

2 Likes

Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by Cousin9999: 12:36pm On Aug 29, 2021
I would watch this if Netflix wasn't involved. I'm not supporting a company that releases material exploiting children.

1 Like

Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by Xixtie(f): 12:51pm On Aug 29, 2021
adefitim:
Make wait till I can download it from netnaija

Downloading. tongue
Who needs Netflix? undecided

Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by Dantee8433: 12:52pm On Aug 29, 2021
adefitim:
Its fucking out already...downloaded all 7 episodes and they are maaaaaaaaad...
Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by Dantee8433: 12:53pm On Aug 29, 2021
viktor88:
Shouldn't have used "the return of the king' cos lords of the rings used it.

Show originality
Abeg gettat...
Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 29, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

This isn't how to be a critic!

Your opinion is underwhelming!

State specific scenes or shortcomings that culminated in rating the movie below par!.

If you can't, you're just a typical bad-mouth who can hardly ever appreciate a good thing.

Stfu. Y'all are used to watching rubbish Nigerian movies,hence when you see one that it slightly okay you'll start hyping it unnecessarily.

Someone said the movie is underwhelming, and you're ranting. So, because you rated it 10/10, every other person must rate it 10/10?

There's nothing good about Nigerian movies btw.

2 Likes

Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by valdes00(m): 12:59pm On Aug 29, 2021
Romanoff:

Nope, in part 1, he did one. This second one he did after he died was for reinforcement and this time, it has consequences.
I guess that scene from part 1 skipped my mind, thanks sis
Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by Romanoff(f): 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2021
valdes00:

I guess that scene from part 1 skipped my mind, thanks sis

Uw
Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by MzBertty(f): 1:09pm On Aug 29, 2021
The series maddt gan....I was glued to my phone for the seven episodes on Netflix....thump up�

1 Like

Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by Toscarel: 1:15pm On Aug 29, 2021
iamtardey:
Lol,
I charge

Whats your tariff?
Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by phineas: 1:17pm On Aug 29, 2021
This movie will be best appreciated by lovers of culture and cultural heritage

You see the music and what you all call incantations were culturally and historically significant Yoruba oratory

The movie had the Ijala ode- that's the song Yoruba warriors of old used to ginger themselves before a battle,they basically hype themselves and their prowess,the beauty and significance can only be captured in careful interpretation, just imagine like Shakespeare's odes

It had Oriki oba-the cultural song for acknowledging ,praising and crowning a king,

It had a form of dierge the song for loss, at the loss of a king in Yoruba also has a name, that's by the way

It had proverbs utilized with depth

I liked how they delivered their lines passionately and naturally

My only reservation was the religion depiction ,

It's a great movie,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by Polyol(m): 1:20pm On Aug 29, 2021
9jarocks.com. Thank me later
Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by Drakkernoir: 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2021
MrWondah:
For over 15 years, I haven't spent 30 minutes watching a Nigerian movie. But I was glued to Laptop for over seven hours yesterday, no coding, no food, just popcorn and water watching all episodes of this series. The story, the actions, were God tier.

Very true story
Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by mayour16(m): 1:26pm On Aug 29, 2021
We are in the same group.. I don't watch Nollywood movies but man, I was glued to my screen all day. Even my babe was surprised I wasn't coding but watching 9ja movie. They did well

MrWondah:
For over 15 years, I haven't spent 30 minutes watching a Nigerian movie. But I was glued to Laptop for over seven hours yesterday, no coding, no food, just popcorn and water watching all episodes of this series. The story, the actions, were God tier.

1 Like

Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by Ignatio(m): 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2021
If you watched this movie any place other than Netflix you're one of the problems of this country.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by ayandee: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2021
Bossmd:
I have one question regarding this movie, where did Odudubariba emanate from? I can’t remember seeing him in Part 1.
He wasnt in part 1. But the table is a big one. We cant know all the members of the table
Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by weyreypey: 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
Cousin9999:
I would watch this if Netflix wasn't involved. I'm not supporting a company that releases material exploiting children.
How? Kindly explain
Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by toluxe0075: 1:54pm On Aug 29, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

This isn't how to be a critic!

Your opinion is underwhelming!

State specific scenes or shortcomings that culminated in rating the movie below par!.

If you can't, you're just a typical bad-mouth who can hardly ever appreciate a good thing.
Okay.
Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by ajericho(m): 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2021
UDUJ:

I downloaded and watched it on Netflix. It was really good. Normally I don't watch Nigerian movies but I got to say this was good.

How much is Netflix monthly subscription?
Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by Davidski(m): 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2021
adefitim:

It's already on netnaija go and download it.
Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by Abdogood(m): 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2021
Ignatio:
If you watched this movie any place other than Netflix you're one of the problems of this country.

Abeg tell them make dem hear.

This movie deserve our support by watching it on Netflix on clean picture quality.

Anyway the whole cast killed the movie.
My favorite cast are Salami and Aare.

1 Like

Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by Abdogood(m): 2:09pm On Aug 29, 2021
ajericho:

The less package is less than 2k for a month. Watch anything on Netflix.
Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by Alfred234(m): 2:18pm On Aug 29, 2021
Saintsquare:

That Boxer guy go get action in real life, he's face alone shows ruggedness....Ade Tiger na butty
That Boxer guy was also in "Rattle Snake" the guy get plenty action.
Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by YelloweWest: 2:20pm On Aug 29, 2021
MrWondah:

Haha same here, I was hooked
Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by seunny4lif(m): 2:21pm On Aug 29, 2021
To me na Ade Tiger
The baddest and the most Loyal cool
I like the young Salami spirit cheesy because her young version is wicked cheesy
Abdogood:

Abeg tell them make dem hear.

This movie deserve our support by watching it on Netflix on clean picture quality.

Anyway the whole cast killed the movie.
My favorite cast are Salami and Aare.
Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by viktor88: 2:23pm On Aug 29, 2021
Bigsteveg:

If you had watched the first part and uderstood, you will know the best caption is Return of the King.
The king returns

The other tag line is 2 popular
Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by seunny4lif(m): 2:25pm On Aug 29, 2021
viktor88:

The king returns

The other tag line is 2 popular
Well, that was the best fit Title for that movie

1 Like

Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by ajericho(m): 2:26pm On Aug 29, 2021
Abdogood:

The less package is less than 2k for a month. Watch anything on Netflix.

Okay thanks
Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by cyndylove64(f): 2:27pm On Aug 29, 2021
toluxe0075:

I simply choose to not state them because it's going to contain a lot of spoilers. And based on the comments so far, many people are yet to see it. Because I gave my opinion that the mini series is below par means I'm a bad-mouth? If Money Heist, Queen Gambit, or house of cards were poorly written the way King of boys was written, I'm sure they wouldn't have a worldwide acceptability. I still maintain my stand, king of boys would have been better if Kemi had hire good writers to her tighten up some of the plot and plot twist she was attempting. The likes of Makanaki,Odudubariba, rev Ifeanyi were poorly utilized and written, especially rev Ifeanyi. And all the political games they were playing were poorly written and executed. We are expected to just accept that Makanaki suddenly agree to work with her? Come on!!
I've seen many good series to just settle for less and make noise about it.

she changed it to a series doesn't mean it has ended.she still has lot and lot of enemies
Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by Alfred234(m): 2:33pm On Aug 29, 2021
Ignatio:
Lol many Nigerians can't afford Netflix but i support your statement.

1 Like

Re: King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie by UDUJ(m): 3:01pm On Aug 29, 2021
ajericho:

The packages start from 1200 a month for the mobile only option which gives you streaming and download access on one mobile phone or tablet. For majority of Nigerians the mobile option is best if you just need access to watch and download movies. And it uses less data as well.

Then you can pay more to move to Basic or Standard to stream and watch on TV, PC, Mobile in Standard definition or HD. It depends on your preference.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tboss, Bassey, Bally And Debie-Rise Up For Possible Eviction / Josh 2 Funny Appears On America's Got Talent 3 Times / BBNaija: Miracle Ikechukwu Igbokwe Flying An Airplane As Pilot (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.