Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,149 members, 7,780,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:39 AM

Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? (27717 Views)

Why Are Girls So Cheap (Pictures) / Why Are Nigerian Men Crazy About Big Butts? / Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by stagger: 2:38pm On May 21, 2011
People help me out here.

Some years back, I went to a university and disguised myself. Dressed down, went on foot, just moved around like a normal student. I then went to a popular students' drinking joint where there were guys and babes, drinking. Then I saw two of my friends from primary school. One of them hailed me and being already drunk, was hailing me so loud (since we had not seen for close to 20 years).

Soon enough, it became obvious that we were money earners and not students. The population of girls (whose off-campus hostels were close-by), suddenly increased. Many of the girls started dancing to the loud music, including a few who were not wearing undies and were really shaking what their mamas gave them.

Bottomline: man no be wood. The three of us eventually got hooked up. Boy, campus girls are hot and very sweet. But then this is where it gets interesting.

After discharging them the next day (with money and recharge cards, as usual), one of them called me sometime later to demand for money for her house rent. I was furious.

Same thing repeated itself when I found myself in another town on business. Same demand. Money for house rent.

Recently, a friend of mine hooked up with one babe who virtually used her eyes to tease him throughout. They hooked up, and soon enough, money for house rent now came up. This was after a demand to buy a new phone and lodge her in Transcorp Hilton Abuja as a pre-condition for any "action" to occur.

Recently, I and my guys took some working class babes out. The one I hooked up with ordered for Screw Driver (at N2,000 a glass). She kept drinking glass after glass of this stuff and I was left wondering why our girls are so merciless in accumulating bills.

Meanwhile, a trip to East Africa and the US shows that this situation is far different. In these places, a girl likes a guy, they hook up, have fun and go their way. No money demands involved.

I mean, in a place like Abj, a guy needs to budget about N30,000 for a night out with a babe that ends the next day.

So I ask: what is it about our girls that makes them so money conscious? embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by toyemz(f): 2:42pm On May 21, 2011
@poster
Abuja girls have a name and reputation to live up to
they either belong or they dont
and by hook or crook oh
they must belong
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by 190: 2:47pm On May 21, 2011
Did someone just say ABUJA

Ahhh!! dont even go there

Lagos girls are learning where abuja runs girls are  undecided

E easy to enter NASS come out with Ghana must go bag of money!!

[s]infact na me help her struggle carry the money reach gate[/s] shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by stagger: 2:51pm On May 21, 2011
toyemz:

@poster
and by hook or crook oh
they must belong

Honestly it beats my imagination. You go to a club and see how girls flock around guys who buy champagne. And the clubs do not help matters with their VIP classifications that stipulate that you must either buy champagne, VSOP or stuff like that to be in the VIP.

And did I say N30,000 for a night out with a girl in Abj? Very conservative figure.

Go to a place like Kryxtal and see girls demanding for N50,000 for a night out. Meanwhile, cost of venue is not included yet.

I mean, how do ordinary guys compete? How does a salary earner keep up? I personally saw a guy buy a car of N1.2m for a girl he met in a club.

At this rate, the ability to buy a car or land in Abuja for a girl will now be used as a criterion for asking a babe out.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by toyemz(f): 2:52pm On May 21, 2011
my take
it works like this
you go into pubs,bars etc and you expect to see a humble nice girl?
no ,it can not happen
what else would you expect from such girls that they wouldn't come back for round two
or maybe when you were in cloud nine you poured out so many promises and sweet words
of kos they will come back

look for the good girls where the good girls are
then you will see
there wont be any demands for money
because of they most certainly wouldn't be the kind that you can pick and drop
so there you have it
3 categories:
1. the pick and drop kind,that you pay off and off and off and off (of course they are re usuable oh)
2.the pick and drop kind (not Nigeria oh) that you use and hey don't feel obliged to pay or give,since they don't ask for anything
 3.the kind you cant pick,so cant drop and so cant pay off ( Nigerians and non Nigerians alike)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by toyemz(f): 2:54pm On May 21, 2011
@190
dont even compare lagos girls and abuja girls when it comes to money own
Abuja girls have been spoilt and spoilt when it comes to money
Lagos girls get limit,Abuja girls have none
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by 190: 2:55pm On May 21, 2011
Exactly"

What's in that champagne that women flock after

Im not saying its Just Nigerian Ladies alone but virtually all blacks

Other races could have a cheap beer with their dudes and the guy is happy where as these blacks ( not only Nigerians but aficans be It AA et al )

start staring @ any dude thats on champagne  angry

This is been tested and trusted several times

walk into a club in abuja like kyrstal lounge or the bassment ( Pop your champagne and if you dont go home with 3 ladies that nite dont call me 190 )  shocked shocked
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by no1madman(m): 2:57pm On May 21, 2011
toyemz:

@poster
and by hook or crook oh
they must belong

Must they fuckin belong?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by xynerise: 2:57pm On May 21, 2011
@poster. This is just the preliminary stage. When the mugunary stage begins you will not see money to browse for cyber cafe again. grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by 190: 3:00pm On May 21, 2011
stagger:

Honestly it beats my imagination. You go to a club and see how girls flock around guys who buy champagne. And the clubs do not help matters with their VIP classifications that stipulate that you must either buy champagne, VSOP or stuff like that to be in the VIP.

And did I say N30,000 for a night out with a girl in Abj? Very conservative figure.

Go to a place like Kryxtal and see girls demanding for N50,000 for a night out. Meanwhile, cost of venue is not included yet.

I mean, how do ordinary guys compete? How does a salary earner keep up? I personally saw a guy buy a car of N1.2m for a girl he met in a club.

At this rate, the ability to buy a car or land in Abuja for a girl will now be used as a criterion for asking a babe out.

If i may ask

how old are u in abuja

cos u seem new thats why u are popping shots and getting paranoid over what u're gonna be used to soon

I remember seeing an old man ( older than my late grand father  with grey hair and everything ) in sheraton with this sweety sexy lady that gave me

knock knees @ Club AQUA  sheraton, he came with his brief case and wanted to pay for the white wine and lemonade he ordered.

immediately he sat and flipped the brief case, I saw MONEY!!  shocked shocked shocked

I almost fainted, Abuja has the highest rate of sugar daddy in the world!

U havent seen notin  angry
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by stagger: 3:05pm On May 21, 2011
xynerise:

@poster. This is just the preliminary stage. When the mugunary stage begins you will not see money to browse for cyber cafe again. grin

Can't happen to a guy like me. Infact, once a house rent demand enters my phone, I don delete the girl number faster than lightning.
190:

Exactly"

Im not saying its Just Nigerian Ladies alone but virtually all blacks

Other races could have a cheap beer with their dudes and the guy is happy where as these blacks ( not only Nigerians but aficans be It AA et al )

start staring @ any dude thats on champagne  angry

This is been tested and trusted several times

walk into a club in abuja like kyrstal lounge or the bassment ( Pop your champagne and if you dont go home with 3 ladies that nite dont call me 190 )  shocked shocked

Kryxtal is like the sin city of Nigeria. If you want to carry twenty girls, it is easy. Just buy enough champagne and create enough effects. You will see girls flocking like flies to a dead carcass.

As for the last poster, I have been in Abuja off and on for six years now. I travel a lot and so I have a chance to compare behaviours and attitudes all around. So I do not think I am that "NEW" to Abj.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by toyemz(f): 3:08pm On May 21, 2011
@190

what do you think champagne connotes:
-that you are from abroad or live abroad
-that you have money
-that you are one of them(especially if the champagne is not being nursed,but loads of bottles going that fast)

got the picture now?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by 190: 3:08pm On May 21, 2011
stagger:

Can't happen to a guy like me. Infact, once a house rent demand enters my phone, I don delete the girl number faster than lightning.
Kryxtal is like the sin city of Nigeria. If you want to carry twenty girls, it is easy. Just buy enough champagne and create enough effects. You will see girls flocking like flies to a dead carcass.

As for the last poster, I have been in Abuja off and on for six years now. I travel a lot and so I have a chance to compare behaviours and attitudes all around. So I do not think I am that "NEW" to Abj.

^well i cant really blame them

Someone said they've chased away all the flower girls from the streets so you find them in the club these days

But their charges are extra-vagant

N50,000 and above for a nite is too much na

Haba

Is there GOLD in there  angry angry
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by 190: 3:11pm On May 21, 2011
toyemz:

@190

what do you think champagne connotes:
-that you are from abroad or live abroad
-that you have money
-that you are one of them(especially if the champagne is not being nursed,but loads of bottles going that fast)

got the picture now?

A security man could gather his salary for 6 months and buy a bottle and abuja women would still flock

LOL

I remember a black Nigerian dude the other day Popping 50Pounds champgne and bought like 3 of em like last year

He thought his table was gonna be graciously filled with women and forgot he wasnt in abuja

no body even noticed him,

He simply took his bottles home cos the women didnt even bother  undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 21, 2011
Hmmm! Interesting.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by stagger: 3:18pm On May 21, 2011
Take a good look at the video from Dr Sid's song on Champagne. See how the bills were scrolling upwards as the champagne was flowing.

That's what the champagne connotes.

You see, all this has spoilt the society so much. Now guys in Abuja want to do nothing but chase contracts. Instead of spending money on doing productive stuff, they keep forking out money for bidding fees, just so they can make money to pop the champagne and keep the girls flowing.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by stagger: 3:21pm On May 21, 2011
But to continue my discussion, why would a girl be asking a guy to pay her house rent? Even after collecting money for a night out (which is supposed to end the contract)?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by Wislet(f): 3:22pm On May 21, 2011
@OP, If you have so much money to throw away, why dont you save dat strength you're losing sleeping around with different girls, and use it to find a non expensive one to marry. Abi u no dey old?? Shameless men.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by 190: 3:24pm On May 21, 2011
^suspected abuja champagne chaser
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by stagger: 3:27pm On May 21, 2011
Wislet:

@OP, If you have so much money to throw away, why dont you save dat strength you're losing sleeping around with different girls, and use it to find a non expensive one to marry. Abi u no dey old?? Shameless men.

Are you one of the champagne chasers? Besides I am not losing any strength. Guys that are as virile as us are in hot demand. Just pains me that our brothers in other parts of the world are enjoying for free what we are paying through the nose for.

Or better still, if you are so concerned, come marry me, cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by 190: 3:29pm On May 21, 2011
stagger:

Or better still, if you are so concerned, come marry me, cheesy

ROTFLMFAOOOOOOOOOO!! grin grin

Knock Out!!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 21, 2011
xynerise:

grin grin

Wislet:

good point!!!  cool
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by 190: 3:37pm On May 21, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by toyemz(f): 3:38pm On May 21, 2011
@wislet

OP, If you have so much money to throw away, why dont you save dat strength you're losing sleeping around with different girls, and use it to find a non expensive one to marry. Abi u no dey old?? Shameless men.

classic
you hit the nail on the head
bet they dont want to hear that now
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 21, 2011
190:

^Have someone slapped you bum with coconut oil before
whats gud point!  angry

shocked shocked angry I am appalled!
Sharrup there before I forget bottle in your nyash!  cheesy

[size=3pt]or something like that!! grin grin[/size]
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by 190: 3:42pm On May 21, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

shocked shocked angry I am appalled!
Sharrup there before I forget bottle in your nyash!  cheesy

[size=3pt]or something like that!!  grin grin[/size]

[size=5pt]She's growing just as i wanted in my likeness and image>>Interestin, i like that[/size] angry
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 21, 2011
190:

[size=5pt]She's growing just as i wanted in my likeness and image>>Interestin, i like that[/size] angry

[size=5pt]Growing? So I am a child? or do I look like a plant to you? abeg leave the crack pipe. angry[/size]
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by 190: 3:49pm On May 21, 2011
[size=2pt][s]13days left for u to bring your crusty ass over angry[/s][/size] shocked angry
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by toyemz(f): 3:53pm On May 21, 2011
@stagger

Just pains me that our brothers in other parts of the world are enjoying for free what we are paying through the nose for.

what you seek is what you find
you go seeking all those that hang out in those places and then later complain
do you go picking up girls expecting to pay them later
that is glorified prostitution!

wiselet is right,Not every girl in Abuja is on the prowl,there are very good ones that would make the best wife ever
why not look for them  and have a long time girlfriend
that way you are building a solid and sound relationship
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 21, 2011
190:

[size=2pt][s]13days left for u to bring your crusty backside over angry[/s][/size] shocked angry

[size=3pt]just for that, nope! no can do.
you are lucky otherwise I would wooze you back to Abuja! angry cheesy cheesyangry
[/size]
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by stagger: 4:07pm On May 21, 2011
toyemz:

@stagger

what you seek is what you find
you go seeking all those that hang out in those places and then later complain
do you go picking up girls expecting to pay them later
that is glorified prostitution!

wiselet is right,Not every girl in Abuja is on the prowl,there are very good ones that would make the best wife ever
why not look for them  and have a long time girlfriend
that way you are building a solid and sound relationship

My sister, please read my initial post.

Me and my guys dey on our own. Then this girl comes and sits directly opposite me, crosses her legs like Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct (yes, with no panties on), and pretends to be looking through her BB phone.

Then another comes and starts doing a bootylicious shake to one of those fast-paced naija jams, right in front of us. Others join them in all manner of clothing. One practically had her bum falling out of her micro-mini jeans skirt; no undies.

The way I see it, we are not at fault. Guys are created to be sexually aroused by such sights. We can't help it.  

Besides, I do not recall having seen a guy wearing something showing his crotch in a place like Kryxtal, not even the gay dudes that go there. It's female flesh that assaults us everywhere.

Then go to a place like Zenith bank in Maitama and see the female bankers there, the extreme beauty of those bankers there only points to one thing and one thing only. The girls are specially selected. To what end?

This is where I disagree with Wislet.

WHEN GUYS ARE VISUALLY ASSAULTED DAY IN DAY OUT WITH HIPS, BREASTS AND ALL SORTS OF FLESH, WHAT DO YOU WANT THEM TO DO? Gouge their eyes out?

Well I am not taking my eyes out. My only concern is that a girl should not ask me for house rent money after I have settled her for a night out. Simple.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? by 190: 4:10pm On May 21, 2011
grin grin grin

well you choose to allow those dark skinned babes seduce you

thats why i keep telling guys

be like me>> they'll refuse

no dark skinned babe weda 9ja or abroad can seduce me

i would just hiss and waka pass

nonsense angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kenyan Man Cuts Off Penis, Says Its Useless To Him / How To Crash Your Relationship 101 / Jealous Vs Non-Jealous Partner: Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.