Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture - Investment (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture (28075 Views)

How Much Did You Make In Digital Currencies In 2021, See Mine (binance, Etc) / Investing In Digital Currencies. Learn And Earn From The Best Options In 2022. / What Did You Acquire In The Previous Bull Run (digital Currencies) See Mine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by EmmanuelScott1(m): 8:56pm On Jan 17, 2022
jedisco:

3 levels I'd expect a response at are 4.5, 4 and 3.5.
Last weeks close was a good one. If betece respects itself, then the 4 dollar level which also corresponds to the weekly support should hold and hence serve as a good entry.

Thanks bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by EmmanuelScott1(m): 9:25pm On Jan 17, 2022
Bro jedisco, I want to ask something, did you check 5yrs chart too?

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 3:17am On Jan 18, 2022
EmmanuelScott1:
Bro jedisco, I want to ask something, did you check 5yrs chart too?

The highlighted 5y means the timeframe that should bevisible on the chart... It's a monthly chart as each of the candles represent one month of pa

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by EmmanuelScott1(m): 3:23am On Jan 18, 2022
jedisco:

The highlighted 5y means the timeframe that should bevisible on the chart... It's a monthly chart as each of the candles represent one month of pa

Okay, thanks
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 3:42am On Jan 18, 2022
Still on utility and selecting tokens based on underlying tokenomics...

I'd take the binaz token (bnb) and it's smartchain bsc and look at its tokenomics...
First, it's an exchange token meaning that during any bull market, it's exchange would pump it to attract more retail. Also binaz is the largest exchange and trading fees are lower if paid in bnb. So more demand

Second it's also a layer 1 for it's chain meaning that all fees on the bsc chain are paid in bnb. Also some of the bnb used to pay fees are burnt. This also means that bnb is the most traded asset on it's chain and holding bnb would give one room to get different airdrops. More demand

Thirdly, it has agressive underlying tokenomics as half of its initial supply of 200million tokens would be burnt eventually. This is done routinely every 3 months. The last one just took place and over 1.5 million tokens were burned. Less supply

That's alot of utility. It's obvious that bnb would outperform any bsc token in the long-term- It's just common sense. Hence why most of my bsc allocation is in bnb.

Now to the cons of the chain...

It's still seen in the wider crypt0 community as being too centralised. This has kept major developers at bay. Hence some of the best defi projects e.g aave and curve are not yet deployed on bsc.

Also, the chain does not stand out in any way. For most chains to survive the long haul, they need to do something different asides faster transactions and cheap fees. Take terra for example, it has connered the market for synthetic coyns and doing it well. The main synthetic stable coyn on bsc which is VAI has been unable to maintain its peg to the dollar for months now.

Lastly, when one looks at the TVL to mcap ratio, it has the highest score which makes it bnb look overvalued at it current price. To explain, The market cap of bnb is very high but the value of coyns on it's chain has not kept up as much. So far, I'd put this down to two things; Viz binaz unlike other chains is mainly retail driven. This is not the best as projects can be overhyped. The second would be the underlying tokenomics of bnb explained above which means that the valuation of bnb is not based on it's chain alone unlike other layer 1s

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 4:02am On Jan 18, 2022
Just noted than TVL on Luna has surpassed that on bnb. With Luna having a much lower cap, this gives it a juicy mcap/TVL ratio....
Of course, other factors need to be considered but with the amount of ust printing going on, things aren't looking bad for luna. A 60 USD Luna (if it comes) should be a good buy

Thoughts?

4 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Jerry59: 8:21am On Jan 18, 2022
Impressive analysis Jedisco.

Luna below 65 is juicy enough
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 10:44am On Jan 18, 2022
Jerry59:
Impressive analysis Jedisco.

Luna below 65 is juicy enough

Yeah... I'd agree...

But looking at the monthly chart, I get concerned. It's been 7 months of straight green... Sooner or later, things would stall around a local top and reaccumulation would occur just like early last year. The chain is fantastic and has room to grow. Hopefully 100 USD is not that local top cos I was relatively late to Luna

3 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 11:05am On Jan 18, 2022
Still on Luna...

Recently, I moved part of my Luna from a cex and staked it on Loop finance which is one of its native defi apps. The process was so easy and a joy to use. Cant compare it and offerings on binaz smartchain.

Brings me to the main point which I've raised before. That for a smartchain to survive, it really has to do something better than eith. So far, the selling point for most chains competing with eith has been quicker transactions with lower fees- which to me is not enough. With eith 2.0 set to address these, most of the smartchains might not survive well into the future. So far, Terra (Luna) seems to be the only other chain that has clinched a niche for itself. Their synthetic coyn offerings are fantastic. Even DAI which is a synthetic stable coyn on eith doesn't hold up to Terra's UST.

Another thing is the amount of dapps on Luna. While other major chains are encouraging developers to deploy many dapps, Luna seems to have taken the path of quality over quantity. It's Station mobile wallet is fantastic. It's major dapp called Anchor is the best stable coin defi platform out there. Easy to use with an apy of abt 20%. BSC on the other hand has lots of dapps that are pretty much useless or repetitions of others.

My 2 main concerns with Terra are decentralisation and regulators. It's far from being as decentralised as eith and which gives regulators a centralised body to challenge. Similarly, I believe synthetic stables would challenge the thinking around current fiat currencies we know and it's only a matter of time before regulators come knocking.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Kaybee7000(m): 11:43am On Jan 18, 2022
jedisco:
Still on Luna...

Recently, I moved part of my Luna from a cex and staked it on Loop which is one of its native defi apps. The process was so easy and a joy to use.

Can't compare i

Brings me to the main point which I've raised before. That for a smartchain to survive, it really has to do something better than eith. So far, the selling point for most chains competing with eith has been quicker transactions with lower fees. With eith 2.0 set to address these, most of the smartchains might not survive well into the future. So far, Luna seems to be the only other chain that seems to have clinched a niche for itself. Their synthetic coyn offerings are fantastic. Even DAI which is a synthetic stable coyn on eith doesn't hold up to Terra's UST.

Anothe thing is the amount of dapps on Luna. While other major chains are encouraging developers to deploy many dapps, Luna seems to have taken the path of quality over quantity. It's Station mobile wallet is fantastic. It's major dapp called Anchor is the best stable coin defi platform out there. Easy to use with an apt of abt 20%. Bsc on the other hand has lots of dapps that are pretty much useless or repetitions of others.

My 2 main concerns with Terra are decentralisation and regulators. It's far from being as decentralised as eith and which gives regulators something to challenge. Similarly, I believe synthetic stables would really challenge the thinking around fiat currencies as we know it and it's only a matter of time before regulators come knocking.

Lolz I wish I understand all these things here cos only thing I always look for is where a specific coin is stated either to buy or not but find it difficult here
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Kaybee7000(m): 11:45am On Jan 18, 2022
@Jedisco,abeg dey try put it in simple way for people like us to understand!!! As in is the coin describing should b bought or not!!! TENKS for ur effort sir
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 12:28pm On Jan 18, 2022
Kaybee7000:

Lolz I wish I understand all these things here cos only thing I always look for is where a specific coin is stated either to buy or not but find it difficult here

In everything, striving to get knowledge is paramount.
Are you saying that if I say go and buy coyn A, you'd go and buy without asking why?

I understand alot of people came into crypt0 in early 2021 when everything was pumping. But as you've remained this long, then it's your money we're talking about and if you're investing significant funds in crypt0, you should be ready to do the hardwork.

You are the one who'd justify the reason why you want to buy a coyn
Crypt0 is very rewarding to those who spot the trend before it becomes obvious.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 12:33pm On Jan 18, 2022
Kaybee7000:
@Jedisco,abeg dey try put it in simple way for people like us to understand!!! As in is the coin describing should b bought or not!!! TENKS for ur effort sir

My advice to folks who ask this is simple.
Split your money in 2, buy Bitc0in and eith with each portion. You'd outperform over 75% of folks in crypt0

5 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Kaybee7000(m): 12:40pm On Jan 18, 2022
jedisco:

My advice to folks who ask this is simple.
Split your money in 2, buy Bitc0in and eith with each portion. You'd outperform over 75% of folks in crypt0

Best reply boss,tenks sir
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by phenzy(m): 10:51pm On Jan 20, 2022
Jedisco sir
What do you think about cream ?
Is it a good buy right now
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 10:52pm On Jan 20, 2022
phenzy:
Jedisco sir
What do you think about cream ?
Is it a good buy right now

What category of coin is cream and why are you interested in it?
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by ElectronicMoney(m): 2:08am On Jan 25, 2022
EmmanuelScott1:

Bro, what's the best entry point for CRV now?

There's a coin called CRV? grin
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by SolidityMAN: 7:37am On Jan 25, 2022
*THIS IS TOTALLY FREE*��

Talks about *Metaverse* and *Nft* have been flying about but majority of us still don't know what its all about.

It makes no sense to ignore an asset that can give you over 100x your money in less than a year.

Fortunately *Trade bridge* has decided to teach just 200 persons what its all about.

Click the link below to Join now��
https:///+2347046542437

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by pafra(m): 8:28am On Jan 25, 2022
SolidityMAN:
*THIS IS TOTALLY FREE*��

Talks about *Metaverse* and *Nft* have been flying about but majority of us still don't know what its all about.

It makes no sense to ignore an asset that can give you over 100x your money in less than a year.

Fortunately *Trade bridge* has decided to teach just 200 persons what its all about.

Click the link below to Join now��
https:///+2347046542437

This link is not working
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Lordfave98: 7:13am On Jan 26, 2022
jedisco:

In everything, striving to get knowledge is paramount.
Please I'm interested in Crypto Trading, can you put me through?

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by SolidityMAN: 9:26am On Jan 26, 2022
pafra:

This link is not working

Oh sorry for that
but we're done with class for now

Only paid class for now
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 3:30pm On Jan 28, 2022
Lordfave98:

Please I'm interested in Crypt0 Trading, can you put me through?

Crypt0 is mainly self taught... most of the stuff I can do is by thoughts I share here or on the Crypt0 thread... You could read up stuff and ask questions on specific issues when they ari

3 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Lordfave98: 2:01pm On Jan 30, 2022
jedisco:

Crypt0 is mainly self taught... most of the stuff I can do is by thoughts I share here or on the Crypt0 thread... You could read up stuff and ask questions on specific issues when they ari
Thanks, I'm trying to replicate the same strategy I use for Forex on Crypto.
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 2:33pm On Jan 30, 2022
Lordfave98:

Thanks, I'm trying to replicate the same strategy I use for Forex on Crypt0.

The most important thing is in how you allocate your portfolio. Go with coyns with a good record. Simply put, bitc0in and eith should form a good chunk of your portfolio

4 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by peablaze(f): 2:14am On Jan 31, 2022
Buying all PayPal funds... Contact us at SWIFTPAL XCHANGE for deals..
We offer juicy rates.

Contact in flyer..

CLEAN FUNDS ONLY!!!
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Hamzashaf99(f): 1:36pm On Feb 28, 2022
Kaybee7000:
It goes deeper than this. I've lost a lot of money, not much by others standard but almost 200% of my portfolio just waiting for buy and sell signals.

He can say to buy Luna now, but he's also said that after 7 months of green, it's best to thread with caution.

One thing I've found helpful is to compare monthly charts, study T.A and try to decipher what might happen to coin.

If you want, you can look for emperorbt.c on Twitter and download his resources. I've not started trading, but studying his manuals in-depth, comparing it to Jedisco's analysis here have given me a bit of understanding of this market.

Then the next thing is to control your emotions. I want to sell so badly now to recoup my losses by trading. It's funny but it's hard to control your emotions and do things the right way. That's why having knowledge will help.

2 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 9:51pm On Mar 01, 2022
jedisco:

For every major selloff over the last 18 months, Bitc0in has come down to take out the initial low. Still did same at 42k.

Now it's at 40k and market is split... I'm beginning to see confluence across certain majors e.g eith at 3k which gives significance to this level. This makes me believe that if 40k is lost, (aside wicks below), then 30k would very much be in the offing.

Looking at the monthly charts, Bitc0in has ever lost the weekly support except in a bear market where it capitulates below. With the monthly support at abt 38k, this makes me believe Jan and Feb are key for the continuation or break of this macro rally. I'm leaning towards things turn here to form a macro cup and handle pattern. Would sure be on the lookout

Welcome to March... This happens to be the months when many people believe the bitc0in will nuke...

Jan and Feb were indeed key... I believe March would provide a confirmation of a chosen trend...

Still on this.... a scenario I'd like to see is perhaps another dip below 40k, and then a subsequent rally into a strong monthly finish giving a candle similar to that of july last year (arrowed) that resulted in the rally to 69k.... All said, the monthly charts take out much noise.... lets see how March goes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business? / Your Best Investment Option, Key In Now / SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.