Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Amaechi: One Day, The Young Boys We Deprived Will Chase Us Out Of Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: One Day, The Young Boys We Deprived Will Chase Us Out Of Abuja (947 Views)

Amaechi: One Day, The Young Boys We Deprived Will Chase Us Out Of Abuja / EFCC Reacts To The Young Man Who Jumped From 7th Floor Of 1004 Estate / Nigeria Airforce Could Chase US Airforce Out Of Nigeria Airspace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Amaechi: One Day, The Young Boys We Deprived Will Chase Us Out Of Abuja by ExAngel007(f): 1:11pm On Aug 29, 2021
Rotimi Amaechi, minister of transportation, says the political elite have wasted the country’s resources, depriving the youths of needed development.

Speaking in an interview with Daily Trust , Amaechi said most of the “big men” have already fled their states for Abuja “which is protected because the president is here”.

He added that however, someday, “the young boys we deprived” will rise up and chase the government out of Abuja, the seat of power.

The minister said infrastructural development is key to securing the future of the youths, hence the Buhari administration’s focus on building infrastructure.

“What the president is saying is: let us create infrastructure.

The president would ask how we feel when we get to Cape Town. You will be ashamed being a Nigerian because the political elites have burnt our resources and not able to put infrastructures on ground. The only thing you will hear of Nigeria is that you should come to Abuja; that it is a fine city.

But Abuja does not feed anybody. If we are not careful, we will be chased out of Abuja,” Amaechi said.

“In the past, when I was the speaker and later, governor, I said we would wake up one day and the young boys we deprived would chase us out of town. How many big men are still living in their states? They have all run away. Everybody is here in Abuja, which is protected because the president is here. One day, the boys will be courageous and we will be on the run.

“If we don’t follow what the president is saying by not only diversifying the economy but also putting the necessary infrastructures in place, there will be no need to stay together as Nigerians.”

Commenting on the legacies he will leave behind, Amaechi said unlike previous governments, no one can openly steal money in the Buhari administration.

“Can you openly take money in this government? In the past governments, what happened? You can take money in the streets. Corruption was so pervasive that nobody was talking about it,” he said.

“It was not hidden that people completely and openly displayed their wealth. They did not have a carpentry shop, but they were billionaires. They did not hide it; but here, if you are stealing, it is done quietly. I am not saying it is good, it is a sin punishable.”

Asked what his plans are after 2023, “I will sleep”, after which he said he will obtain a PhD and go into teaching.

https://www.thecable.ng/amaechi-one-day-the-young-boys-we-deprived-will-chase-us-out-of-abuja
Re: Amaechi: One Day, The Young Boys We Deprived Will Chase Us Out Of Abuja by omowolewa: 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2021
Is it not happening
Re: Amaechi: One Day, The Young Boys We Deprived Will Chase Us Out Of Abuja by NwaNimo1(m): 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2021
Re: Amaechi: One Day, The Young Boys We Deprived Will Chase Us Out Of Abuja by Xscape1993(m): 1:15pm On Aug 29, 2021
Who is even deceiving who in this country? I reserve my comments for now.
Re: Amaechi: One Day, The Young Boys We Deprived Will Chase Us Out Of Abuja by ivolt: 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2021
You can always move abroad since you have dual citizenship and visa.
Re: Amaechi: One Day, The Young Boys We Deprived Will Chase Us Out Of Abuja by zickyclef: 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2021
Ok
Re: Amaechi: One Day, The Young Boys We Deprived Will Chase Us Out Of Abuja by FakeUnity: 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2021
Just wait and see. E go soon hit una seriously.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: One Day, The Young Boys We Deprived Will Chase Us Out Of Abuja by Isobug: 1:33pm On Aug 29, 2021
Go for president, you will win, at least you are youthful
Re: Amaechi: One Day, The Young Boys We Deprived Will Chase Us Out Of Abuja by Seniorwriter(m): 1:33pm On Aug 29, 2021
Interesting

@SENIORWRITER
Re: Amaechi: One Day, The Young Boys We Deprived Will Chase Us Out Of Abuja by psychalade: 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2021
The guy wise pass you, he knows you and others of like minds are only after his loot! grin

Isobug:
Go for president, you will win, at least you are youthful

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: One Day, The Young Boys We Deprived Will Chase Us Out Of Abuja by Isobug: 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2021
psychalade:
The guy wise pass you, he knows you and others of like minds are only after his loot! grin

You probably didn't understand me.
Meanwhile, Who else is not a looter? Your second god in London?
Re: Amaechi: One Day, The Young Boys We Deprived Will Chase Us Out Of Abuja by Queenttoast01: 1:57pm On Aug 29, 2021
He is just coming to his senses grin
Re: Amaechi: One Day, The Young Boys We Deprived Will Chase Us Out Of Abuja by Mynd44: 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2021

(1)

I Feel FG Has Infiltrated IPOB To Wittle Down The Economic Strength Of Igbos / Video: The Video From The ABUJA-KADUNA TRAIN That Was Attacked By Bandits / Breaking News: Former President Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Arrives....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.