Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt (2216 Views)

“No More Cows Grazing In Abuja City Centre.” - Wike / Herdsmen Scamper As Unknown Gun Men Shoot Dead Cows Grazing In Oba,anambra State / Fulani Herdsmen Grazing Openly In On Ondo With Their Cows Despite Ban (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Gaddafi1: 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2021
As I was driving to Portharcourt Airport this morning, I saw these herdsmen allowing their cows to openly graze in the area.
This is of great concern since Rivers state government recently passed a law banning open grazing. Please can someone ensure that Wike get to know about this development. The community may react and attack the herdsmen. So Wike needs to protect the cattle, herdsmen and farmers. It may also be possible that the herdsmen needs to be sensitised about the new law.

Lala please move this post to the front page. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by slimfit1(m): 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2021
The governors are not going to enforce the law, they are just telling us what we want to hear. These people (governors) are scared to enforce it, by next week you will be hearing different excuses from them. If you think you have leaders, we don't have leaders in the South.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Emergingnation(m): 1:52pm On Aug 29, 2021
By time they're being dealt with in the language they understand , they'll vacate the south..

2 Likes

Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Fahdiga(m): 2:05pm On Aug 29, 2021
While the wicked Wike is busy killing innocent Igbos

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Sunnybay7: 2:22pm On Aug 29, 2021
Crazy people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Sirjamo: 3:19pm On Aug 29, 2021
Wike does not have time for cow, give him two weeks to finish with Secondus first.

2 Likes

Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by skywalker240(m): 4:02pm On Aug 29, 2021
slimfit1:
The governors are not going to enforce the law, they are just telling us what we want to hear. These people (governors) are scared to enforce it, by next week you will be hearing different excuses from them. If you think you have leaders, we don't have leaders in the South.
Gbam
Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Gaddafi1: 4:15pm On Aug 29, 2021
Sirjamo:
Wike does not have time for cow, give him two weeks to finish with Secondus first.
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Gaddafi1: 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
Seriously hope that Southern governors will unite and end open glazing which will in turn stop farmers and herders clash.
Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by AntonVince: 11:52pm On Aug 29, 2021
Gaddafi1:
As I was driving to Portharcourt Airport this morning, I saw these herdsmen allowing their cows to openly graze in the area.
This is of great concern since Rivers state government recently passed a law banning open glazing. Please can someone ensure that Wike get to know about this development. The community may react and attack the herdsmen. So Wike needs to protect the cattle, herdsmen and farmers. It may also be possible that the herdsmen needs to be sensitised about the new law.

Trust me, some of those herders, armed with their transistor radios are better informed about news, events and happenings around the country than some of us are - especially information that directly affects their business but the problem is Buharis's open support for them has emboldened them so much that they deem themselves above any law.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Gaddafi1: 8:50pm On Aug 30, 2021
AntonVince:

Trust me, some of those herders, armed with their transistor radios are better informed about news, events and happenings around the country than some of us are - especially information that directly affects their business but the problem is Buharis's open support for them has emboldened them so much that they deem themselves above any law.

true talk
Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 30, 2021
Was is not same Rivers state that signed anti grazing law?
Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Omoluabi1stborn: 8:55pm On Aug 30, 2021
Gaddafi1:
This is of great concern since Rivers state government recently passed a law banning open glazing. Please can someone ensure that Wike get to know about this development. The community may react and attack the herdsmen. So Wike needs to protect the cattle, herdsmen and farmers. It may also be possible that the herdsmen needs to be sensitised about the new law.

Lol, this can NEVER happen in Lagos.

I trust oshodi, mushin guys grin

For traffic, some cows will now be moving up and down?
For where ? undecided
Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by FakeUnity: 9:00pm On Aug 30, 2021
After all the noise wey Wikevie dey make.

2 Likes

Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Gaddafi1: 9:12pm On Aug 30, 2021
FakeUnity:

He may not have the will to implement the law
Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 30, 2021
Herders don't even know what you mean by anti grazing law ...
Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Arda1000(m): 10:09pm On Aug 30, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Lol, this can NEVER happen in Lagos.

I trust oshodi, mushin guys grin

For traffic, some cows will now be moving up and down?
For where ? undecided
Lagos lacks greenery,why would any herdsmen go there
Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Praxis758: 4:15am On Aug 31, 2021
The prophecy of Saudana Sokoto must be fulfilled.
'we will rule from north to south till the Qur'an is dipped into the Atlantic Ocean'.

Buhari is openly jealously working in the path of fulfilling that prophecy.
Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by chrisxxx(m): 4:38am On Aug 31, 2021
Fahdiga:
Why Wike an 'igbo man' be killing Igbos?
Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Gaddafi1: 5:33pm On Sep 02, 2021
Enugu state signed bill into law today, let's hope for implementation.
Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Cyberterror: 8:23pm On Sep 02, 2021
Front page. Wike is a coward.

1 Like

Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Gaddafi1: 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2021
Cyberterror:

True talk
Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Christistruth00: 4:09pm On Sep 12, 2021
slimfit1:

Governors don’t need to enforce the law they only need to tell the Area boys they are free to eat any Cow Grazing along the roads

and the Law will enforce itself

1 Like

Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Gaddafi1: 5:47pm On Oct 02, 2021
Christistruth00:

Governors don’t need to enforce the law they only need to tell the Area boys they are free to eat any Cow Grazing along the roads

and the Law will enforce itself
Exactly, and the cows will simply disappear. We can't continue to live in the 15th century.
Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by JavaScript90: 6:05pm On Oct 02, 2021
Hmm. Please let herders should obey the law
Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by TheSupleemLeada(m): 6:07pm On Oct 02, 2021
It's a new law.....you don't expect immediate implementation.
Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by richmond500: 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2021
Few days ago, I saw the same thing while traveling in this same ph.
I took pictures but decide to stay low cos they didn't hurt anyone, these are the real herdsmen and not those terrorist but a law is a law and should be respected.

I saw it in 2 different places on same day

1 Like

Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by TheSupleemLeada(m): 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2021
Fahdiga:

FakeUnity:

Cyberterror:

Talking thrash while imo governor is covertly implementing RUGA....eboes shouldn't be using mouth to talk down other people's governors.... yours are ballless cowards

1 Like

Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Mailbab: 6:13pm On Oct 02, 2021
Where are the ESN to enforce the law?
Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Gaddafi1: 1:10am On Oct 03, 2021
Let's hope that in the coming weeks the government will arrest the violators of this law and bring them to justice. Farms are being destroyed by this herders.
Re: Cows Grazing Openly In Portharcourt by Gaddafi1: 10:56pm On Oct 20, 2021
Quite sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

meth: FG To Build 15 Psychiatric Clinics In South East / Sister Deborah Paul-enenche(photos) / Atiku Storms Enugu As South East PDP Receives Okowa As Igbo Son Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.