Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines (35133 Views)

E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement / Central Bank Issues E-Naira Guidelines, Charges And Transaction Limits / CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Bigshoe2028: 3:19pm On Aug 30, 2021
This is not even anything close to crypto currency omo I bet it won't be up to 1year the server will be hacked

This is just like a central server where the master controls everything this is not blockchain , transaction can be manipulated

Read the news well u will understand

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Newboss(m): 3:22pm On Aug 30, 2021
PENNYSWAP:

We are not buying it for value , we are buying it for convert btc to naira Straight to naija bank

It won't be listed on cryptocurrency exchanges. That's the point. It's just a pointless duplication of already existing bank transfer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Bigshoe2028: 3:28pm On Aug 30, 2021
adewale2011:
Imagine the CBN Governor said all this without mentioning the Technology behind their hypocritical creation, let me tell you all, Blockchain is the Future, don't let no Government fool you.

Bro there is no blockchain technology here read what it does and how they said it will operate

It is a centralized network , very easy to hack
Hackers are now smiling free money once it drop I bet just one year it will be hacked

3 Likes

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Lugianostar(m): 3:29pm On Aug 30, 2021
Implementation is the problem we have in our country. This is a welcoming development as it will boast the dilapidated naira to stand firm globally.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by KingOfAmebo(m): 3:31pm On Aug 30, 2021
Beloved3:

Lol what is the significance of rack-centre to CBN's digital currency?

You think CBN will host such government asset on a private server?

Do you have any idea how much megawatts of electricity the so called rack-centre data centre consumes?

Do they rely on the national power grid or they use generators?

When you have fully comprehend how huge that electricity demand is, then do you now slowly realise how much damage feul generators required to support that huge size is doing to environment?

Why do you think Tesla and many US support pulled the plug in bitcoin? Is power generation/requirement of data centre a joke to you? grin

Well, all you have done is to tell me Lagos has a data centre and you are jubilating as if that is a breakthrough grin

You definately dont know how Government works, Have you heard of PPP(Public Private Partneship) that has been implemented in many projects across Nigeria(You probably never heard of this also, smh)

"...and hey, you are the ignorant person here i am trying to educated, you never knew a data centre already exist in Nigeria even as a Nigerian until now, you should cover your face in shame...next time do an extensive research before jumping online and saying rubbish all in the name of rubbishing your country while foreign haters join you to mock your country(yourself).

You even went as far as giving excuses why it cant work, typical of a lazy Nigerian youth always looking for excuses and who to blame for their problens and not looking for solutions.

You should be the one jubilating cuz you never knew your country which you always insult as a zoo has a data centre (something you are ignorant of)

i am a proud Nigerian like the few of us out there willing to be positive and profer solutions to our mountain of problems and not just sit in our rooms typing gibberish and blaming the government for everything everytime, we are the direct representation of the governance we seek.

Government will not come to spoonfeed you. Get out there into the real world and make a good use of your life by creating value for others and watch as you progress in life". - Village People spokesperson.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Bigshoe2028: 3:31pm On Aug 30, 2021
ShedrachU:

It value will be higher than Naira, since it's a cryptocurrency and not traditional currency.
It is not a crypto currency read the news well
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by NamelessOGBENI(m): 3:32pm On Aug 30, 2021
Willie2015:

Buhari govt will go...
Another one will come... 2023...
And freeze it...ban it and kill it...
Leave the masses on their own ...
We have been in this system long enough to know
How it works....
Continuinty is a miracle here...
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Bigshoe2028: 3:34pm On Aug 30, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

You definately dont know how Government works, Have you heard of PPP(Public Private Partneship) that has been implemented in many projects across Nigeria(You probably never heard of this also, smh)

"...and hey, you are the ignorant person here i am trying to educated, you never knew a data centre already exist in Nigeria even as a Nigerian until now, you should cover your face in shame...next time do an extensive research before jumping online and saying rubbish all in the name of rubbishing your country while foreign haters join you to mock your country(yourself).

You even went as far as giving excuses why it cant work, typical of a lazy Nigerian youth always looking for excuses and who to blame for their problens and not looking for solutions.

You should be the one jubilating cuz you never knew your country which you always insult as a zoo has a data centre (something you are ignorant of)

i am a proud Nigerian like the few of us out there willing to be positive and profer solutions to our mountain of problems and not just sit in our rooms typing gibberish and blaming the government for everything everytime, we are the direct representation of the governance we seek.

Government will not come to spoonfeed you. Get out there into the real world and make a good use of your life by creating value for others and watch as you progress in life". - Village People spokesperson.

Bro be calying down I know of like 3 datacenters in nigeria but
This e naira of a thing is not crypto currency
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by KingOfAmebo(m): 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2021
lwisee:

We have data centres scatterd all over Nigeria Bro,running and maintaining data centres isn't an issue in Nigeria anymore.We have IPPs that powers these data centres backed up by solar grids in Megawatts.Nobody rely on PHCN to run a data centre.I agree the capital required is huge but it's duable.

Don't mind the idiot, they are quick to insult anything Nigeria without any idea or knowledge of the progress the country is making, they think the Nigeria of today is the Nigeria of the 80's that never left their memories. He is just one of the proud ignorant people out there.

If only they know the level of progress going on in the private sector, people are making legit money while some just sit down in their room and be complaining online all day blaming Government for the inability of them making good use of their God given brain.". - Village People spokesperson.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Sarmiz24(m): 3:41pm On Aug 30, 2021
Isn’t that more like a Bitcoin, so dem banned Btc just to introduce NTC
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Segun2222: 3:42pm On Aug 30, 2021
FarahAideed:

Most of the transfer you do are already just digital numbers ...This E naira is different trust me ...
what happens when this or the coming government bans it, cos we both know it’ll happen and it’s just a matter of time
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Eric310890: 3:51pm On Aug 30, 2021
Wahala for who no understand all dis update.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by shiwex: 4:04pm On Aug 30, 2021
Nigerian government always want to fall in with the rest of the world on new and latest tech however our foundation is built on sand...what a joke.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by BluntCrazeMan: 4:18pm On Aug 30, 2021
otosa:
I don't have belief on anything coming from this government because they do not mean well for us and all they are after is how to convert the money we have in our accounts to their own. As they used NSE to scammed us.
You understand this Government very well
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 30, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

I don't know why you actually crack me up reading your comments. cheesy cheesy cheesy

No problem bro. I'm glad we have positive minded individuals like yourself who are ready to better Nigeria.

All I'm saying is that in whatever you do towards making Nigeria better, think of solving the challenge with electricity. Once you have that sorted, majority of Nigeria's non developmental issues will be gone.

And you still haven't answered my question. Are these data center in Nigeria that you mentioned being fed off the national grid or they run on alternative power supply like Diesel generators? grin
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Dami12345: 4:32pm On Aug 30, 2021
Beloved3:
Where are they planning to host the servers?

It would be a joke to host our digital currency on foreign servers.

And just in case they are planning to build data centres here in Nigeria for the project, I hope they know that is a huge electricity demand and it's as if Nigeria does not even produce enough electricity to power the whole of Lagos 24/7.

And hopefully they are not planning to run the data centres on generators because that would be dragging the country eons back. Everyone at this stage is looking towards Sustainability and cutting off green house gases.

Dear Naija, which way?

If only we could fix electricity, many things will start to fall in place gradually.

When we fix electricity, we monitor crime effectively with CCTV and drones.

We experience transformation of our educational sector - digital transformation.

We experience industrialization - companies will troop in, and the ABA boys and indigenous manufacturing gurus will rise

We crack down on corruption - everything becomes transparent and digital - every fraud will be traceable digitally except you go and bomb the data centres to erase data ( equivalent to how they burnt the NFF office and other offices just to destroy files).

Our economy improves, we rely less on petroleum, we see massive advancement etc.

That would be asking the government to think.

Do you know how stressful it is for them, they would think it is punishment.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 30, 2021
lwisee:

We have data centres scatterd all over Nigeria Bro,running and maintaining data centres isn't an issue in Nigeria anymore.We have IPPs that powers these data centres backed up by solar grids in Megawatts.Nobody rely on PHCN to run a data centre.I agree the capital required is huge but it's duable.

Wow that would be interesting if we indeed have solar farms in mega watts in Nigeria. I'll check that up. That will spare the national grid of a huge burden of electricity demand that is not even already sufficient.

What I just cannot understand is why we haven't initiated new dam projects and distribution lines to provide adequate power. Or even looked at the possibility of nuclear power generation.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 30, 2021
Dami12345:

That would be asking the government to think.

Do you know how stressful it is for them, they would think it is punishment.

grin grin grin
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by KingOfAmebo(m): 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2021
Beloved3:

I don't know why you actually crack me up reading your comments. cheesy cheesy cheesy

No problem bro. I'm glad we have positive minded individuals like yourself who are ready to better Nigeria.

All I'm saying is that in whatever you do towards making Nigeria better, think of solving the challenge with electricity. Once you have that sorted, majority of Nigeria's non developmental issues will be gone.

And you still haven't answered my question. Are these data center in Nigeria that you mentioned being fed off the national grid or they run on alternative power supply like Diesel generators? grin

If you live in Nigeria you should know no business in Nigeria depends on the National grid, business are run both on the National grid and use of generators... despite this some businesses still thrive,

If there's a demand for sugarcane processing plant in your village and you choose not to set up the business up because there's no stable power supply and you don't have an alternate power supply in place then a business minded foreigner would come in and tap the gold mine and employ your kingsmen to work for them earning peanuts...you get? Business 101". - Village People spokesperson
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by chaloskyx: 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2021
rubbish e naira would still crash just like our regular currency Nigerian govt does not know how to get anything right invest in it at your own peril
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by MemoriesAndMe: 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2021
lwisee:

A lot of people will do bro, people with clean money will surely do.
But people should be able to convert their entire to other digital currencies like bitcoin, right? How will that work if they're clamping down on exchanges? ENaira is useless when it can't be converted to other recognized digital currencies and not all owners of recognized digital currencies amassed them through illegal means.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by pacespot(m): 4:39pm On Aug 30, 2021
I just hope other crypto platforms can tap into this so that I can withdraw my money from Luno app or use the money to buy e-Naira, my money is currently hanging on the app due to CBN banning of Nigerian banks from transacting business with crypto platforms.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Omoluabiii(m): 4:41pm On Aug 30, 2021
Its a good news,
but guys re advanced,
we cannot trust the government, who can wake up and just freeze your account based on the fact that you offend a politician, so we cant put all our money there,
we ll put a lil stipend there, for daily use.
Our real wealth remain annonymous, and with us.
Until we have a fair economy and legal system....

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Cokahot: 4:42pm On Aug 30, 2021
At what exchange rate
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by otokx(m): 5:04pm On Aug 30, 2021
What is the Benefit of e-Naira? Can use it to subscribe for foreign journals, certification renewals and examinations which are denominated in dollars and above the 100 limit?
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Mrquote: 5:19pm On Aug 30, 2021
rottennaija:

It will be a stable coin. 1e naira will be equivalent to N1
What will now be the driving force if the value is weighed on naira because naira doesn't have value
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by OBALOLA55(m): 5:40pm On Aug 30, 2021
FarahAideed:

Na 1 E naira would have a different value and you will need to exchange more Naira to get one and as demand grows the values grow , but it should be an alternative to hedge on the naira outside USD
EDGE YOU MEAN
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Healthquest: 5:49pm On Aug 30, 2021
FarahAideed:

Na 1 E naira would have a different value and you will need to exchange more Naira to get one and as demand grows the values grow , but it should be an alternative to hedge on the naira outside USD
it's not clearly stated if this will be a stable coin, I read" issuing a stable coin somewhere along the epistle" if this is a stable coin den 1E naira wil be equal to 1 naira, and if it's the other way round where demands will determine the up and down value of the currency then we need to know which technology. Since der are removing fees, I don't know which of the existing chain De want to use with no fee except they will need to come wit a new chain, just like Ethereum chain (ERC 20) Which im sure de cannot start and finish it under 4 months according to der plan.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Healthquest: 5:54pm On Aug 30, 2021
pacespot:
I just hope other crypto platforms can tap into this so that I can withdraw my money from Luno app or use the money to buy e-Naira, my money is currently hanging on the app due to CBN banning of Nigerian banks from transacting business with crypto platforms.
I can help unwithdraw it.
I will collect 50k/10% anyone that's bigger
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by rottennaija(m): 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2021
Mrquote:

What will now be the driving force if the value is weighed on naira because naira doesn't have value

Though we may not like it, Naira has value. The driving force behind it is e-currency. That's the direction the world is at now. It will save a lot in printing and transportation of physical cash.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by adewale2011(m): 6:00pm On Aug 30, 2021
When it comes to the term Wallet Bro, it's Blockchain, the only thing you would say is if it's Centralized Blockchain like Ripple or Decentralized like BTC. But Nigeria own I know is just a meme coin

But anyway we would be the first Country where it's Government want to test Centralized Blockchain with her dieing Economy with Fiat Money but this not gonna end well for CBN and Nigeria because it gonna blow and CBN would burn Trillions of Naira monthly but that won't hold anything, the future is here, I just hope you are prepared.

Bigshoe2028:

Bro there is no blockchain technology here read what it does and how they said it will operate

It is a centralized network , very easy to hack
Hackers are now smiling free money once it drop I bet just one year it will be hacked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CHECKOUT & SHIP ON EBAY 950/$ / Naira Scarcity: Commercial Sex Workers Count Losses, Decry Low Patronage / Billionaire Businesswoman, Bola Shagaya Is 60, Shares Lovely Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.