Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Big Problem On My PC. I Need Some URGENT Tip - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Big Problem On My PC. I Need Some URGENT Tip (688 Views)

Please Guys I Need Help With My Pc, I Don't Know What Is Wrong With It / Help With Serious Problem On Windows 7!!! / Urgent: How Do I Edit Pdf Document On My Pc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Problem On My PC. I Need Some URGENT Tip by Mangekyo: 12:44am On Aug 30, 2021
The last time I tried to update a few softwares, I had a problem after I restarted the PC. it said it encountered some kinda error and after a few HOURS of trying to fix it, i had to boot it into some recovery bullshit, losing some data in the process.

Now a message popped up to me today urging me to update my windows 10 to the latest version so I won't be missing out on a few features.

I quickly mobilized, switched on my Hotspot, connected that shit, and started downloading. Note; that there's no electricity. It's finished downloading now and about installing.

Normally the typical installation doesn't go beyond 15 minutes.
But in this current situation, it's been a few hours now and it's only gotten to 17% in the installation with my battery being at just 49% as at now. undecided

If this PC should turn off now that the shitty windows update Is sluggishly installing, I doubt if I wouldn't be getting some ass whooping cus apparently, theres defo no way it ain't gonna tell me it didn't crash when I turn it on again.

I don't have the funds to go to a technician anytime soon. so if something happens to it now I doubt if I'll be using a pc untill next year again.

Should I put this PC to sleep holmes? What's the different btw a pc sleeping and one that is off?
I'm running outta time as this battery has suddenly began to drain very fast which doesn't even happen often.
Any tip would be appreciated
Re: Big Problem On My PC. I Need Some URGENT Tip by Mangekyo: 1:41am On Aug 30, 2021
Currently on 84% with

21 percent battery remaining... How I'm I not f**ked?

Re: Big Problem On My PC. I Need Some URGENT Tip by Tomahawk99(m): 2:04am On Aug 30, 2021
More reason why you should switch to Linux grin
Google is your best bet to fix that, check answers/solutions from Quora.
Re: Big Problem On My PC. I Need Some URGENT Tip by Mangekyo: 2:19am On Aug 30, 2021
I've asked someone from Microsoft already.
He said I should leave it for the battery to run out, hopefully it continues the next time I turn it on.

He then went on write this very long Epistle on how I should backup my data and also giving the tutorial in details incase the windows gets currupted and needs a factory reset.

I don't have the resources to perform a backup now so I'll let that one slide. Hopefully it continues when I turn it on again
Re: Big Problem On My PC. I Need Some URGENT Tip by Mangekyo: 2:20am On Aug 30, 2021
Tomahawk99:
More reason why you should switch to Linux grin
Google is your best bet to fix that, check answers/solutions from Quora.
Meanwhile, what's the diff btw Linux and windows and how is Linux any better?
Re: Big Problem On My PC. I Need Some URGENT Tip by udemzyudex(m): 3:05am On Aug 30, 2021
Always plug in your charger when installing an update, youh will be lucky if your laptop goes off and your laptop doesn't boot into desktop again due to corrupt operating system.
Re: Big Problem On My PC. I Need Some URGENT Tip by Mangekyo: 3:14am On Aug 30, 2021
I definitely won't forget our good times PC, the good times we've had together.
The games I played with you, remember them? Yeah PES, age of Empires, FM21 etc. the movies I watched with you, the music's, live matches.

It's a pity we have to get separated so soon. embarassed We'll every good thing comes to an end, right?

You'll always be my favorite PC.

farewell, friend. Try saying hello to my grandmother for me on the other side, will you? Aye *sobs embarassed

Re: Big Problem On My PC. I Need Some URGENT Tip by Umarfarouksalau: 4:44am On Aug 30, 2021
Go turn off your auto update. Try get a very good paid antivirus...not avast...
Recovery never actually solve such problems. It only takes you back to the last time the pc worked well and begins count to when it malfunctioned , waiting to happen again.
Re: Big Problem On My PC. I Need Some URGENT Tip by Tomahawk99(m): 8:27am On Aug 30, 2021
Mangekyo:

Meanwhile, what's the diff btw Linux and windows and how is Linux any better?
The difference btw Linux and Windows is like the difference btw Ferrari and Toyota.
For example with linux you won't be going through this present problem.
Install a linux distro on a usb flash drive and give it a trial.

1 Like

Re: Big Problem On My PC. I Need Some URGENT Tip by suffering: 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
OP no get generator for house.

(1) (Reply)

Some Of Our Laptop Stocks Availabile!!! / Uk Used HP Compaq 6270s 250gb 4gb Ram 35k / HP Laptop (SOLD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.