Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) (78402 Views)

Folashade Adesina: Nurse ‘Pierced Newborn Baby’s Eyes To Avenge Carryover’ / Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) / Woman Gives Birth To 'Strange' Baby In Aba, Abia State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by tellmemore15: 9:42pm On Aug 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:
[s][/s]Stop exhibiting your ignorance!

This is a rare genetic case/disorder called progeria.

Those who have read the book, “curious case of Benjamin Button” will understand this situation where Benjamin Button was born with this disorder and aging in reverse

Abeg, this is not the same as Benjamin button ooh, this one is fast aging. Button own was his life was the other way round.
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by heniford2: 9:46pm On Aug 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

I'm a South African but make much more sense than you even though I'm a so-called drug addict and you're the best thing on earth as you claim. I really tried hard to make out what you were saying above.

Anyway, the only reason Nairaland is the biggest forum in Africa is because there are 200 million of you. It has no appeal outside of Nigeria and countries close to your size don't speak English like Egypt and Ethiopia. The only reason I'm here is to fight you anti-SA trolls and I'm succeeding coz I see I give u all sleepless nights cool

Lol, you "travel" to Togo to gain expertisè to bring back to Nigger-geria? grin grin Last I checked even Cameroon was putting you on buses and deporting you back as refugees and not 'travellers' cry cry

you sound like an idiot we are more bigger more composed more advance than you guys USA is 300million china is 1.2 billion or dia about but USA is more stronger and advance than china lol grin hold on in West Africa and East Africa we set the standard you guys, everyone follows in Entertainment,showbiz, technology, In Riches, name it, show me one black south african that has developed a tech that African as awhole is using, let me shock you the biggest job search tech App in Africa from Nigeria biggest forum in Africa Nigeria, the biggest pay app in Africa 4ram Nigeria, yes we have bad leaders but you all know that Nigeria youth are not lazy like you guys even ur woman do say it i visited SA last 3 months i witnessed it. So cut the crap and understand we are your big brother grin cheesy and we ignore this because we don't want to be a bull on like you guys that loot your visitors grin
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by etibaba(m): 10:00pm On Aug 30, 2021
Zico777:

Really!?
Yes.
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by Jacku: 10:05pm On Aug 30, 2021
Righteousness2:
How does a baby look older than the Mother?

Very likely as a result wicked Witchcraft Manipulations and Projections. The World is filled with Wickedness.

This is why it is risk to Just Live anyhow. It is risk to be Live without a Solid connection with JESUS Christ.

There is no Vitamin, Supplement or operation that can Rectify this Disorder.
Only a Divine intervention from GOD ALMIGHTY will sort this out.
i was indifferent about you ever since but shut up your mouth for this one before you spew ignorance here. Everything isn't God and devil, this is a medication that happens, same as dwarfism, those joined twins etc. Nawa for una
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by gbaskiboy: 10:08pm On Aug 30, 2021
Righteousness2:

Very likely as a result wicked Witchcraft Manipulations and Projections. The World is filled with Wickedness.

This is why it is risk to Just Live anyhow. It is risk to be Live without a Solid connection with JESUS Christ.

So people that are born deaf and dumb, Albino, blind, vitiligo are witchcraft manipulations. The Article says the baby was born with "condition known as Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome." With due respect how difficult was it for you to understand simple truth sir? People like you are deluded, you brainwash your member to avoid seeking medication help when sick but you secretly go behind to seek medical help. You threaten your member with hell fire if they refuse to pay tithes but living large at the expense of your threat. This is pure stupidity. I'm a devoted Christian, I wonder how many homes you must have scattered because of your erroneous teaching. ediot
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by Clinghton: 10:17pm On Aug 30, 2021
Most if these weird stuffs are peculiar in south Africa.
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by TMKsouth: 10:21pm On Aug 30, 2021
heniford2:
you sound like an idiot we are more bigger more composed more advance than you guys USA is 300million china is 1.2 billion or dia about but USA is more stronger and advance than china lol grin hold on in West Africa and East Africa we set the standard you guys, everyone follows in Entertainment,showbiz, technology, In Riches, name it, show me one black south african that has developed a tech that African as awhole is using, let me shock you the biggest job search tech App in Africa from Nigeria biggest forum in Africa Nigeria, the biggest pay app in Africa 4ram Nigeria, yes we have bad leaders but you all know that Nigeria youth are not lazy like you guys even ur woman do say it i visited SA last 3 months i witnessed it. So cut the crap and understand we are your big brother grin cheesy and we ignore this because we don't want to be a bull on like you guys that loot your visitors grin

I'm still wondering how your "more bigger, more composed, more advanced" Nigeria cannot even prevent flooding in Aba and all of Nigger-geria due to simple 30 year old menstrual pads your grandma threw in the gutters and you still can't unclog them. And you remain the shithole among shitholes of the world - my guy, please explain to me how that is possible, I'm very interested in that for scientific research grin grin grin

SA innovations are collaborative efforts done in universities and corporates so it's rare to give credit to one individual. For example, SA is the leader in fintech spearheaded by our banks and telecommunication companies - how do u begin giving credit to something coming out of their innovation hubs. The only reason we now know that Nkosana Makate was the guy who came up with the idea of the "Please Call Me" is because he later had a fight with Vodacom. You used Please Call Me didn't you? Black SA innovation.

1 Like

Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by otipoju(m): 10:51pm On Aug 30, 2021
Righteousness2:

Your cho cho cho too much. No be everything be witchcraft. Its disease
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by orikoku: 11:17pm On Aug 30, 2021
This is Yewande or Babatunde
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by scrolldown88: 11:20pm On Aug 30, 2021
Idamond:

God bless u for this! I'm downloading the book now.

You can also watch the movie. It's an interesting one
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by TWoods(m): 11:36pm On Aug 30, 2021
Righteousness2:

This isn’t witchcraft, it’s progeria… no different from genetic diseases like sickle cell. Preach Christ by all means, but we shouldn’t sound like conspiracy theorists i the process.

2 Likes

Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by Theoutsider: 11:43pm On Aug 30, 2021
Righteousness2:

[s]Very likely as a result wicked Witchcraft Manipulations and Projections. The World is filled with Wickedness.
[/s]

$hut up
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by nnennachiji(f): 12:16am On Aug 31, 2021
This is not progeria
This is due to excessive hyaluronic acid at birth
It’s a very very rare genetic disorder
This is the same case with tommy,s story featured in 60 minutes Australia
As the baby grows the wrinkles gradually fades but it also requires a lot of medical interventions
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by nnennachiji(f): 12:18am On Aug 31, 2021
This is the picture of tommy at birth

Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by nnennachiji(f): 12:23am On Aug 31, 2021
They children usually have normal life expectancy and normal intellectual abilities
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by mechanics(m): 12:25am On Aug 31, 2021
Hmmmm, it's not spiritual.
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by nnennachiji(f): 12:31am On Aug 31, 2021
Am not seeing the classical features of progeria he has aged looking skin but not the nose, jaw and eyes

Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by michaelbills(m): 12:51am On Aug 31, 2021
Thank you. Whatever narration you are talking about it’s a disease and not witchcraft. Rest!

flamingREED:

Go and read again and discover that he's smarter than all of you. He said 'it's VERY LIKELY' the situation, and not that it's certainly the case. And even if he's most likely wrong, it doesn't mean that his submission never happens.
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by Federalofficia(m): 1:21am On Aug 31, 2021
Yes that true, check out this Bollywood movie too tittle Paa a politician married to a nurse although seperated without knowing the woman is pregnant and she gave birth to a baby with such rear condition name Auro with very big head and very intelligent but the maximum age he could attain is 14 because of the rear medical condition the more he ages the more his physical body change to that of older person of 70, but he still went on to make impact in the life of both parent and the school he attended sad
ItxAyce:

There's even a movie, Br1ad Pitt was the star.
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by Federalofficia(m): 1:22am On Aug 31, 2021
grin grin grin i first burst laugh first when i see the baby people way don sleep they wonder wetin they do me
TarOrfeeek:

When your Mother In-law wants to continue the quarrels from where you people stopped.

grin
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by pelumi247(m): 4:35am On Aug 31, 2021
Righteousness2:

Yes ooo
You can say this over and over again..
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by heniford2: 6:25am On Aug 31, 2021
TMKsouth:

I'm still wondering how your "more bigger, more composed, more advanced" Nigeria cannot even prevent flooding in Aba and all of Nigger-geria due to simple 30 year old menstrual pads your grandma threw in the gutters and you still can't unclog them. And you remain the shithole among shitholes of the world - my guy, please explain to me how that is possible, I'm very interested in that for scientific research grin grin grin

SA innovations are collaborative efforts done in universities and corporates so it's rare to give credit to one individual. For example, SA is the leader in fintech spearheaded by our banks and telecommunication companies - how do u begin giving credit to something coming out of their innovation hubs. The only reason we now know that Nkosana Makate was the guy who came up with the idea of the "Please Call Me" is because he later had a fight with Vodacom. You used Please Call Me didn't you? Black SA innovation.

mention one innovation of a black south african has done like one been used in Africa as large angry grin cheesy una done smoke weed finish or drugs i did my research in your basic school a kid of 10years up ward is into drugs to the level that you guys have to do protects on it, is so bad that society is messed up that i will never advice any good person to raise his kids in SA look at your immorality lesbians,gays,drugs,gangs,sex slave,looting mention any bad thing that we see in a war torn country is seen in useless sick counrty should i tell you more you guys don't travel so how are you going to be expose to the world norms of development undecided undecided undecided grin is bad your bring lazy ass here to compare us our smart youth to your lazy youth of your country tah! I spit out grin cheesy
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by shegzbillionz(m): 6:52am On Aug 31, 2021
This one pass progeria

Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by Heromaniaa: 6:52am On Aug 31, 2021
Idamond:

God bless u for this! I'm downloading the book now.
there's a film of the book, acted by Brad Pitt
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by medokills(m): 6:57am On Aug 31, 2021
[quote author=TarOrfeeek post=105323505]

When your Mother In-law wants to continue the quarrels from where you people stopped.

grin[/quoted

It must a genetic disorder and can be medically treated.
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by Tundex911: 7:40am On Aug 31, 2021
When I see Progeria, I thought it's Nigeria Pro max o...

Abeg we really need the Nigeria pro max jor

Smh
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by Zico777(m): 7:53am On Aug 31, 2021
etibaba:
Yes.
Hmmm
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by IronGalaxy: 8:46am On Aug 31, 2021
heniford2:
TMKsouth come and see your slutty shitty of ur country on d news is happening again
You are so so stupid, and the sad part is you almost seem proud it

2 Likes

Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by IronGalaxy: 8:49am On Aug 31, 2021
heniford2:
mention one innovation of a black south african has done like one been used in Africa as large angry grin cheesy una done smoke weed finish or drugs i did my research in your basic school a kid of 10years up ward is into drugs to the level that you guys have to do protects on it, is so bad that society is messed up that i will never advice any good person to raise his kids in SA look at your immorality lesbians,gays,drugs,gangs,sex slave,looting mention any bad thing that we see in a war torn country is seen in useless sick counrty should i tell you more you guys don't travel so how are you going to be expose to the world norms of development undecided undecided undecided grin is bad your bring lazy ass here to compare us our smart youth to your lazy youth of your country tah! I spit out grin cheesy
You seem almost bitter that we are South African and you aren't, and we enjoy a better standard of living and you dont. grin grin
It is what it is..deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by Ninorex: 9:05am On Aug 31, 2021
Doctors have seen things
Re: Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) by LeSudAfricaine: 9:23am On Aug 31, 2021
Clinghton:
Most if these weird stuffs are peculiar in south Africa.
Er ..no. We look at Nigeria with all its macabre ritual killings and we think the same.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Doctor Caleb Anya Dies Of Coronavirus In US / Delta: Lady Runs Mad After She Was Dropped From A Flashy Car (photos,video) / The Black Lungs Of A Chinese Chain Smoker (Graphic Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.