Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,911 members, 7,806,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' (48694 Views)

Taliban Kill Pregnant Policewoman In Front Of Family, Mutilate Her Face / Taliban Kill A Woman After She Told Them She Was Too Poor To Cook For Them / Lady Raped And Beheaded In Congo For Serving Forbidden Fish To Rebels (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by lalasticlala(m): 12:29pm On Aug 31, 2021
*The Taliban killed a famous Afghan folk singer on Saturday, a former interior minister said.

*Fawad Andarabi was reportedly dragged from his village home and shot dead.

*The killing follows an interview with a Taliban spokesperson who said, "music is forbidden in Islam."

The Taliban killed a popular Afghan folk singer just days after the group said it hoped to ban music from being played in public in Afghanistan, according to a former minister.

Fawad Andarabi was "brutally killed" on Saturday, said Masoud Andarabi, who was the Interior Minister under former Afghan President Ashraf Ghani, in a Twitter post.

He was reportedly dragged from his village home in Andarab, near the Panjshir Valley, before being shot dead, according to LBC News.

"Today they brutally killed folkloric singer, Fawad Andarabi who was simply brining [sic] joy to the valley and its people," Masoud Andarabi wrote in a post accompanying a video of the folk singer performing.

During an interview with The New York Times, published on Wednesday, a spokesman for the Taliban said that "music is forbidden in Islam."

Zabihullah Mujahid, who is seen as a likely contender for the new government's culture minister role, told the paper that the Taliban is hoping to "persuade people" not to perform music.

Under the previous period of rule, the Taliban banned all music, apart from some religious chants, according to The Guardian. Cassette tapes were destroyed, musical instruments were forbidden, and even captive songbirds were outlawed, the paper said.

It's not only music that the Taliban intends to crack down on. According to India Today, female voices on TV and radio channels have also been outlawed.

https://africa.businessinsider.com/news/taliban-brutally-killed-a-popular-afghan-folk-singer-just-days-after-it-said-music-is/36eyw1h

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by Kandeed: 12:31pm On Aug 31, 2021
If only Buhari had helped in evacuating some Afghanistans to Nigeria like Uganda did this wouldn't have happened. Buhari's self centeredness is to be blamed for this

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 31, 2021
Thought it's same Taliban that danced to Drake's song in a club undecided

130 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by AllahIsDevil: 12:37pm On Aug 31, 2021
The religion of peace that the Taliban practice. More peace on the way.

Sharianistan people go suffer this time. I just pity those innocent souls.

179 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by omoadeleye(m): 12:38pm On Aug 31, 2021
Ughm
Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by Felabrity: 12:38pm On Aug 31, 2021
"Tabilan" = "killing"

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by DropsMic(m): 12:38pm On Aug 31, 2021
Yawn
Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by LilyColin(f): 12:38pm On Aug 31, 2021
Useless unexposed hypocrites.

Islamabad.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by tuoyoojo(m): 12:38pm On Aug 31, 2021
Some of these guys would secretly be listening to music

Who am I to take panadol for another's headache

They secretly wanted it, now let them enjoy it

We have the bros in Aso rock to contend with here in 9ja

36 Likes

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by iwaeda: 12:38pm On Aug 31, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://africa.businessinsider.com/news/taliban-brutally-killed-a-popular-afghan-folk-singer-just-days-after-it-said-music-is/36eyw1h

Taliban will kill All Muslim in Afghanistan who doesnt share their extreme ideology. I have stayed in Dubai, is there own Islam different?

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:39pm On Aug 31, 2021
These are tyrants, not muslims.
The problem with terrorism is some group of tyrants and fanatics believes they are the chosen one by God to commit mass murder in the name of God.
The other problem is, some other ones have this ‘See no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil’ attitude on terrorism.
At the end of the day, as long as people believes their religion is the only true religion and all others are false, there will be no world peace, no end to terrorism and all anti-terrorism effort will be futile.

All terrorists all over the world and in our darling nation will Never end well in life.
Miserable and premature end await them all.
Along with anyone supporting them.

With guns you can kill terrorists, with education you can kill terrorism.
We Rise.

18 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by mofedamijo(m): 12:39pm On Aug 31, 2021
After dancing to drakes song. Tell this modasuckas that Nicki Minaj is coming to play for them, and shake booty..... You will see this mentally deranged idiots in the front roll.

I graduated from one of the Universities in the North of Nigeria, and I can tell you that Muslim fanatics are the worst hypocrites on planet earth.

Going to classes in the night to read, just turn on the light of a deserted class, you will see one uztaz whose trousers has refused to reach the floor, helping himself with a full dose of full cream breast, while sucking it aggressively under hajias hijab. Immediately you turn on the light, you see them scrambling and saying awusubilai..... Modafucksuckas.....

Then during the day, they say southern girls are wayward, yet, you see Alhajis trooping to the girls hostel every evening to pick a girl for the night. I guess to pray together and discuss about jumat. Hypocrites.

The worst form of sexual perversion I have ever heard of was when I was in the North of Nigeria, yet, they say the Western countries are sexually corrupt.....Hypocritical bastards.

You will see these bastards sleeping with underaged girls, making these young girls develop VVF (vesicovaginal fistula), then underaged pregnancy, then still expect her to grow up and be a master chef. How can she be a master chef when she developed a disease at 10, started having babies at 13. When will she be able to learn how to cook? A diseased girl, a mother at 13, a servant, a slave, a sex machine, a cook, a psychologically destroyed child at 17, grows up to oppression, depression, only to become forever destroyed.

Oh I weep for the girl child in core Islamic nations and society, for every time I look at little girls in developed and non Islamic strong holds, laughing and enjoying their childhood, I am quickly reminded that a young girls life is been shattered forever somewhere in the doomIslamic societies.

You wash your manhood before prayers to make it pure, then you sleep with underaged girls after prayer, and even rape with impunity. Lol, hypocrites, why wash it when you're still going to rape, and sleep with underaged girls with it

Islamic fanaticism is a religion of the hypocrites, by the hypocrites, and for the hypocrites.

Shame..

199 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:39pm On Aug 31, 2021
TheCalculator:
I thought same Taliban, in a club, danced to Drake's song undecided

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by lessonotes(f): 12:39pm On Aug 31, 2021
Surrender to Jesus Christ today, and he shall cleanse you of all thy sins and iniquities.

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by Factfinder1(m): 12:39pm On Aug 31, 2021
angry religion of sadist and primitive people that hates advancement and growth....furking head slamming bigots

15 Likes

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by Visman(m): 12:39pm On Aug 31, 2021
God punish Buhari

6 Likes

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by orikoku: 12:39pm On Aug 31, 2021
They should enjoy it. Na their way.
Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by Bayaar02(m): 12:39pm On Aug 31, 2021
The only taliban I know is....
MUSICAL TALIBAN. OBUDUROBODO!

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by Mangekyo: 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2021
This is embarrassing undecided why can't these Abōkis just live in peace with one another? It's like these Abōkis enjoy killing.
I can't even imagine me or any Christian killing another person for having a different belief to mine. Las Las Islam is a curse to humanity
Lala you have to do something about all these Abōkis oo

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by Primusinterpares(m): 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2021
If you kill everyone who will you govern

1 Like

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by Bornsinner7: 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2021
Choi
Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by dontro(m): 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2021
Wow! Just wow!
Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by MrEmir: 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2021
[quote author=TheCalculator post=105350759]I thought same Taliban, in a club, danced to Drake's song undecided[/oquote]

People wey no get directions,most times I feel all those Taliban guys are psychologically disordered.
Well the sound from guns, RPG, grenade etc.. is enough music from them. You no fit dance that one finish

3 Likes

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by Orissodiq: 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2021
that's the USA British campaigns for founds for taliban towards 1989. Now it's time for the westerners to choose between taliban or ISIS. the same event happening in Nigeria as well, the politicians founded boko haram heavily to achieve their political goals now they are back to them and now telling us to choose between boko haram and ISIS of Nigeria. Bleep everyone that's riding on the sorrow of the average citizens

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by Plut01: 12:41pm On Aug 31, 2021

I will be waiting for Muslims on this thread to say Taliban are not Muslims when some weeks back, a thread entered the front-page on why Music is forbidden in Islam and many people on that thread said that Islamic thump up slang.....Jazairamu or something like that. SMH.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by Seun(m): 12:41pm On Aug 31, 2021
"even captive songbirds were outlawed" shocked

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by WibusJaga: 12:41pm On Aug 31, 2021

Can't these people put religion aside for once and reason like human beings?
Can't Allah kill the person by himself?
Why must they be the ones to help or fight for Allah?
Nonsense!

5 Likes

Re: Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' by NwaNimo1(m): 12:41pm On Aug 31, 2021

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Next Stage Is Coming - Netanyahu Addresses Troops / Old Couple Having Fun In Cameroon (pics) / Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.