Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,436 members, 7,801,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah (1633 Views)

Why Are So Many Christians Against Jehovah Witnesses ? Why ? / Why Is it Hard To Find Muslims Who Became Atheists On Nairaland? / Imam Of Peace Warns Christians To Wakeup, Else Radical Muslim Will Consume Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by AntiChristian: 8:46am On Sep 01, 2021
Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians against Helping Muslims who Mention Allah

POLITICS DIGEST– Bishop David Oyedepo, founder of Living Faith Church, also known as Winners’ Chapel Worldwide, has said he would reject any beggar who asks him for help in the name of Allah.

Allah is the Arabic word used for God, and it is used by Muslims, Arabic-speaking Christians and Jews.

Oyedepo, in an audio message circulating on social media which appears to be on giving, urged congregants to give to the needy in the church rather than giving to Hausa folks who beg along the road.

The bishop told the worshippers that the needy in the church is the best ground for them to sow.
He said alms given to the northern folks who seek by the road side is a wasted seed.

“You begin with the household of faith, especially, that means in comparison, the needy in the church is the best ground for you to sow in giving to the needy, not the Malams by the roadside. That is by the wayside. The birds of the air will come and chop (sic) it,” he said.

“The early church only prayed for by the roadside, they don’t give them anything. They give to the poor in the church. I’ve always said it, the first person to say ‘I beg you in the name of Jesus’, I will take him up as a responsibility. ’I beg you please give me to eat’, if he said ‘in Jesus’ name’, I’ll know it’s one of the brethren.

“So I’ll pick him up and wash him clean and nurture him and feed him and give him a reason for living. But not ‘I beg you in the name of Allah’, no way, no way, no way.”

His Bible-believing enterprise is ignorant of this verse: “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers (Gal 6: 9-10)”

Source: https://politicsdigest.ng/bishop-oyedepo-warns-christians/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=bishop-oyedepo-warns-Christians

Also available here https://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2021/08/31/oyedepo-in-the-same-bracket-as-pantami/

lalasticlala, OAM4J, mods

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by yanabasee2: 8:47am On Sep 01, 2021
This man the vex oh....

I know that if he's given good tithes, his tune will change...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:48am On Sep 01, 2021
Hmmm!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by eme1n(m): 8:49am On Sep 01, 2021
Ignorance every where. Ubangidi, Tamara and Olorun will soon be a problem...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by daddytime(m): 9:02am On Sep 01, 2021
These utterances will only put his churches and the lives of his poor members at further risk and easy pickings for the terrorists.

His utterances need to be weighed and guided.

If you say you wan scratch your body the way the thing dey itch you, na injury go full your body oh.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 01, 2021
This is one of the reasons I don't follow any religion but spirituality.
Religion has so many man made rules and most rules are a divider of humanity while spirituality makes you sync with the spirit and love humanity regardless of their differences.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by chatinent: 9:12am On Sep 01, 2021
He still had a reason to bring “sow” inside his speech.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by izikgiren(m): 9:14am On Sep 01, 2021
Take it easy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:26am On Sep 01, 2021
Where he got it wrong is specifically mentioning the name of a god that's of another religion!
Normally Christians aren't supposed to give any beggar a dime because there was no record of a servant of God giving money to any beggar.
The Israelites were commaded to help their neighbours who needs help, not to promote begging in their community. Their believe is that anyone begging is not a worshiper of their God {Psalms 23:1; 37:25} so instead of giving anyone in their community money as a beggar they must take good care of such a person and remove him from their streets so that he doesn't return to the streets begging because such a sight is a slap in the face of their God who claims to be the Almighty capable of taking care of His people!

So if someone says he will not give a beggar money at the mention of the name of a specific god, what about beggars in the name of local deities? smiley
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by RepoMan007: 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2021
I have to agree with his scripturally backed submissions.
When Paul planted, and Apollos watered for God to give the increase it was on a fertile land.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by Standing5(m): 1:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Where he got it wrong is specifically mentioning the name of a god that's of another religion!
Normally Christians aren't supposed to give any beggar a dime because there was no record of a servant of God giving money to any beggar.
The Israelites were commaded to help their neighbours who needs help, not to promote begging in their community. Their believe is that anyone begging is not a worshiper of their God {Psalms 23:1; 37:25} so instead of giving anyone in their community money as a beggar they must take good care of such a person and remove him from their streets so that he doesn't return to the streets begging because such a sight is a slap in the face of their God who claims to be the Almighty capable of taking care of His people!

So if someone says he will not give a beggar money at the mention of the name of a specific god, what about beggars in the name of local deities? smiley
He used the name of one of the popular gods to illustrate. Stop taking it personally as against your religion alone.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by Standing5(m): 1:24pm On Sep 01, 2021
His Bible-believing enterprise is ignorant of this verse: “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers (Gal 6: 9-10)”
Doing good also covers praying for them. If I give to them as a nonbelievers then, I make myself their slave. Until they become a believer, they are not qualified as brethren.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by gnykelly(m): 1:30pm On Sep 01, 2021
If truly he said this...he is worst than buhari and Boko Haram... what would Jesus say about his attitude
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by Kobojunkie: 1:39pm On Sep 01, 2021
Standing5:

Doing good also covers praying for them. If I give to them as a nonbelievers then, I make myself their slave. Until they become a believer, they are not qualified as brethren.
Can you please expand on the statement in bold? undecided

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by desiredhome: 1:39pm On Sep 01, 2021
Always twisting the scripture to favour their greed, .....if God wanted only a particular race He will do that.......always using religion to divide and cause confusion....
Meanwhile the schools they built with members (christians) money does not discriminate whether you are a Moslem or unbeliever, as far as money is involved, while majority of the contributors can't afford it.......
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by Aboks(m): 1:42pm On Sep 01, 2021
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:43pm On Sep 01, 2021
Standing5:
He used the name of one of the popular gods to illustrate. Stop taking it personally as against your religion alone.
Don't change the subject matter!

Can Christians give money to beggars in the name of Egúngún, Ṣàngó, Ọ̀rúnmìlà, Ọ̀sayìn, Ọya, Ọbàtálá and so on?

The man goofed big time, Christians don't even need to give street beggars anything.

That's why the OP has been silent after seeing my comments because he knows where i'm driving at. If Oyedepo says Christians shouldn't give beggars money in the name of Allah and the OP (AntiChristian) took it personal why not ask him if he (as a Muslim) will give a beggar money in the name of local deities? cheesy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by AntiChristian: 3:17pm On Sep 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Don't change the subject matter!

Can Christians give money to beggars in the name of Egúngún, Ṣàngó, Ọ̀rúnmìlà, Ọ̀sayìn, Ọya, Ọbàtálá and so on?

The man goofed big time, Christians don't even need to give street beggars anything.

That's why the OP has been silent after seeing my comments because he knows where i'm driving at. If Oyedepo says Christians shouldn't give beggars money in the name of Allah and the OP (AntiChristian) took it personal why not ask him if he (as a Muslim) will give a beggar money in the name of local deities? cheesy

Of course, I may help them with whatever I can (if I have at that time) and point it out to them that Egúngún, Ṣàngó, Ọ̀rúnmìlà, Ọ̀sayìn, Ọya, Ọbàtálá are not our creator and definitely not deserving of our worship.

But that's not the point. The salient point is that some Christians are hypocrites. The Hausa Bible uses "Allah" as "God" extensively.
Allah is God to Arab-Christians and Hausas. So why are you being hypocritical about giving them money because of the same Allah the Hausa Bible translators used for God?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2021
You don't get my friend!
Worshipers of the true God don't give beggars money, we only assist our neighbours and it must be someone sincere that we know he's hardworking not a lazy man who just feel like using God as an excuse to beg!

We speak to one and another as brothers and not as beggars to a philanthropist! smiley

AntiChristian:

Of course, I may help them with whatever I can (if I have at that time) and point it out to them that Egúngún, Ṣàngó, Ọ̀rúnmìlà, Ọ̀sayìn, Ọya, Ọbàtálá are not our creator and definitely not deserving of our worship.

But that's not the point. The salient point is that some Christians are hypocrites. The Hausa Bible uses "Allah" as "God" extensively.
Allah is God to Arab-Christians and Hausas. So why are you being hypocritical about giving them money because of the same Allah the Hausa Bible translators used for God?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by AntiChristian: 5:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You don't get my friend!
Worshipers of the true God don't give beggars money, we only assist our neighbours and it must be someone sincere that we know he's hardworking not a lazy man who just feel like using God as an excuse to beg!

We speak to one and another as brothers and not as beggars to a philanthropist! smiley

The theme of this post is "not giving alms to them because they asked in the name of Allah." Same Allah in the Hausa Bible.

Call hypocrisy Hypocrisy grandpa!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2021
AntiChristian:

The theme of this post is "not giving alms to them because they asked in the name of Allah." Same Allah in the Hausa Bible.
Call hypocrisy Hypocrisy grandpa!

I'm not debating how you people call your God but my point is that True Christians don't beg anyone for money even talkless using the name of our own God, we see each other as the same, so whoever expect his brother to beg him for money in our midst is not a believer!

Though we feel obligated to help all our neighbours be it a Christian or not, but before anyone opens his mouth to beg me in the name of God i will silence him not to do so because my condition today is not by my making. So i'll give my neighbour whom i'm sure is in need not a professional beggar! smiley
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by desiredhome: 7:02pm On Sep 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I'm not debating how you people call your God but my point is that True Christians don't beg anyone for money even talkless using the name of our own God, we see each other as the same, so whoever expect his brother to beg him for money in our midst is not a believer!

Though we feel obligated to help all our neighbours be it a Christian or not, but before anyone opens his mouth to beg me in the name of God i will silence him not to do so because my condition today is not by my making. So i'll give my neighbour whom i'm sure is in need not a professional beggar! smiley
You are not saying the truth......all you wrote there are just opposite of what we christians do to our fellow
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:10pm On Sep 01, 2021
desiredhome:

You are not saying the truth......all you wrote there are just opposite of what we christians do to our fekky
I'm not talking about your own Christianity so don't flatter yourself the OP knows what i mean when i say "CHRISTIANS" smiley

desiredhome:
There has been so much pains, trauma sadness in the heart of many Rivers people due to the high level of killings and insecurity in the State, everyday you hear of cult clash, kidnapping, arm robbery and all the bad news, what is happening? Why this much killings in Rivers State?
Still I have not heard those that have being shouting "they are killing Christians, Fulani heads men, terrorist, Islamization etc" undecided undecided

Imagine a fellow human killing/beheading another man (your brother), in the present of his wife and children? what is the difference between this act and the bokoharam terrorist? or have the bokoharam boys now in Rivers State?

With these level of killing and insecurity in the south/ south east, what is CAN doing about Christians killing the Christians? Just asking

For your information, in my own brand of Christianity we must not carry weapons at all talkless KILLING! Matthew 26:52

So what i meant by CHRISTIANS totally differ from yours. Thanks! smiley
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by desiredhome: 7:13pm On Sep 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I'm not talking about your own Christianity so don't flatter yourself the OP knows what i mean when i say "CHRISTIANS" smiley
Ok I see, but sure not the nigerian type of "Christian" sha
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2021
desiredhome:

Not even the Bible application of the word "Christian". undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:23pm On Sep 01, 2021
desiredhome:

Not even the Religion the world call CHRISTIAN we are so different that our own God got fed up with how the world has defamed that group name "CHRISTIANS" that He has to begin calling us by another group name
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Isaiah 65:15 smiley
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by paxonel(m): 9:28pm On Sep 01, 2021
THIS PASTOR SEF

SO NORTHERN MUSLIMS ARE NOT HUMANS TOO BECAUSE THEY USE ALLAH TO BEG Abi?

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by tatatar: 12:32am On Sep 02, 2021
Does he know that Jesus is a latin name and his real name is Yeshua sad
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

How can you take good care of me?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:26am On Sep 02, 2021
You're not in my neighbourhood if you have good manners where you live your neighbours will surely take good care of you! smiley
I've always told you that you're killing yourself gradually with ATHEISM but you won't listen so no matter how much you beg people for money nobody will take you serious because money don't fall from trees people work hard to get it. The only way they can take you serious is when you're related to them either through blood, business or faith. Now that you keep spewing gibberish about people having faith how do you think they'll think of you as a well meaning neighbour? smiley

HellVictorinho:

How can you take good care of me?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Warns Christians Against Helping Muslims Who Mention Allah by Nobody: 4:38am On Sep 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You're not in my neighbourhood if you have good manners where you live your neighbours will surely take good care of you! smiley
I've always told you that you're killing yourself gradually with ATHEISM but you won't listen so no matter how much you beg people for money nobody will take you serious because money don't fall from trees people work hard to get it. The only way they can take you serious is when you're related to them either through blood, business or faith. Now that you keep spewing gibberish about people having faith how do you think they'll think of you as a well meaning neighbour? smiley

You don't know how I interact with theists in my neighborhood

They don't even know I am an atheist

I never insult anyone for being a theist including you

I see faith as an accidental occurrence

I know you hate me so you condemn me everyday

It is this hate that leads to problems between people

If you keep hating and lying against me like buda your friend, you shouldn't expect me to praise you.

How can I seriously praise someone that only condemns me for no reason?

If you deny you have shown hatred towards me, that will only worsen it.

Prove you don't hate me with your speech at least.

Don't accuse me anyhow like I owe you anything or condemn me like a killer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Women Cover Thier Head? / The Skeleton Church / Is The Bible Genuine At All?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.