Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Just As Your Soul Prospers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Just As Your Soul Prospers (174 Views)

The Fear That Prospers / Your Soul Is Your Greatest Treasure, Don't Trade It For Anything In The World / As Your Soul Prospers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just As Your Soul Prospers by FreshGreen: 10:23am On Sep 01, 2021
JUST AS YOUR SOUL PROSPERS...
"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers." 3 John 2

There are some Bible verses that are more popular than the others, and this one is one of the most popular Bible verses especially in this generation that exalts prosperity more than purity, and seeing a Bible verse to defend the pursue and preaching of prosperity is a sweet thing. So anyone can quote this Bible verse that God even want all Christians to be prospered in all things. Is that not splendid and wonderful?

But as much as many people quote and pray in this Bible verse, so many are ignorant of the meaning, so many Christians who are quoting this Bible verse are doing it out of context, out of ignorance, without clear and deep understanding of the Bible verse.

Let me tell you, Bible is not a newspaper that you can just read and interpret literarily with your human expression or understanding. You can read Bible very well and go to hell fire, because without the help of Holy Spirit, reading Bible with your human or secular understanding will fast track your way to hell and destruction. Bible is an open but a Spiritual book, without the spiritual help and teaching of Holy Spirit, you will read it to your own damnation. There is nothing as terrible as reading Bible without opening your heart to the Holy Spirit for understanding.

Let’s read the Bible verse again, “Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers."

What does it really mean? It means God want us to prosper in all things, especially you, God wants you to prosper in all things but just as your soul prospers, you know what that means? It means your financial or physical prosperity must go in line with your spiritual prosperity, it means your material or financial prosperity must be just as your soul prospers.

Why Such Scale?
Why does God base our physical prosperity on our spiritual prosperity? It is because the spiritual controls the physical. Your spiritual life is a pillar that carry the burden of your physical life. That is the reason Jesus said that it is hard for the rich to enter heaven just like it is hard for a Carmel to enter through the eyes of the needle. Eyes of the needle was a narrow gate that the Carmel would need to stoop down to enter.

Financial prosperity is good but if your spiritual life is not sound, it can collapse your soul. Many Christians have had the shipwreck of their faith just because of a little financial blessing they became uncontrollable. That is the reason God will not bless many Christians financially until they grow up spiritually. When your financial life prospers more than your spiritual life, you are in danger, when you career or business progresses more than your spiritual progress, you will soon run into problem. If your body prospers more than your soul, how dangerous will that be? Everybody wants God to prosper them but not everybody position themselves for God’s blessing.

It is easier to manage poverty with humility than to manage prosperity with genuine humility without sanctification. You know there are many wonderful Christians who can manage problem but can’t manage progress, many can put God first in poverty but when prosperity comes, they will put God last. Many can manage failure well more than success. But Apostle Paul says he has learned how to manage both, how to remain godly and humble in nothing and in everything, he said, “I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound,” Philippians 4:12. Until we attain to this spiritual level, our physical and ministerial prosperity will be limited.

Some will remain humble in poverty but when prosperity comes they will become something else. And God will not want to lose you to satan, that is the reason He is still delaying the blessing, the progress until you grow up in your spiritual life, until you grow up in sanctification. That is the reason the Bible says we should seek first the kingdom of God and its righteousness and everything other things will be added? It means God want us to have heavenly vision first, He want us to make Him our everything so all thing things in this world will be as nothing to us and they will not distract us from God.

Many husbands remain intimate with their wives because of the low level of their finances, let little blessing comes, let fine car comes, some will begin to think the car should not be for the wife alone, that another lady can have nice time. Many wives remain submissive today, but if God should promote you in your career, will you remain submissive to your husband? Because financial prosperity is a key that unlock the wild animal in a man, but if the wild animal has been crucified to the cross, if the wild animal has been conquered by sanctification, then physical success or prosperity will not be a problem to you.

You are a child of God, good but you have not dealt with the pride and arrogance in you after all this time, have you settled the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life? Do you think God will be comfortable to prosper you financially to higher level in this your spiritual level? That is the reason the Bible says, “Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers." JUST AS YOUR SOUL PROSPERS! That is the condition. You are going to be financially prospered, just as your soul prospers. You are going to prosper in all things but just as your soul prospers. If your soul is not prospering, if your spiritual life is not progressing, if you are not growing in sanctification and you are praying day and night for financial prosperity, it like you want to commit spiritual suicide.

But when a Christian is totally broken and he or she is being controlled by the Spirit of God within than the physical prosperity then such a believer can receive prosperity of God without running mad spiritually.

Your financial prosperity must not exceed your spiritual progress or your spiritual growth because when your financial prosperity grows above your spiritual progress, there will be problems, pride or sure perdition.

When your business or career prospers more than your spiritual life, you will not have enough inner strength to control it but it will rather control you, that is the reason many fervent and serious Christians fall away, they grow cold in God's work, they don't have enough time for personal Bible reading, prayer life, daily devotion, personal evangelism or they compromise with the world, turn worldly or become proud as a result of financial prosperity, because they allow their souls to prosper below their finance.

As you see God prospering your business or career or in workplace, that is the time for you to be more spiritually serious and fervent than before lest you fall into danger of ease, perdition of prosperity that ruin many Christians.

"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. For I rejoiced greatly when brethren came and testified of the truth that is in you, just as you walk in the truth. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth" 3 John 2- 4

Your soul is more important to God than your body, than your finance, than your business, than your career and even than your ministry. He wants your soul to prospers in the word of God, in communion with God, in the fruit of the Spirit and work of holiness. That should be how focus so that we are well positioned for His earthly blessings and most importantly eternal blessing.

"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.” Amen

RTEM: rtemoutreach.org
Tel/Whatsapp: +234 704 2000 424

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just As Your Soul Prospers by RepoMan007: 2:10pm On Sep 01, 2021
Accurate.

1 Like

Re: Just As Your Soul Prospers by Adamgeneral12: 2:46pm On Sep 01, 2021
I don't know how many gbosa I suppose give youself
OK make I ask you, how many gbosa did you want?
Re: Just As Your Soul Prospers by Adamgeneral12: 2:54pm On Sep 01, 2021
I beg no vex say I come back again, I'm just thinking say I no dey see article like this for front page on Sunday.
Na something like this suppose dey go front page on Sunday morning, not some controversial threads wey go dey cause argument up and down.
Lalasticlala on Sunday make we see this thread on front page o

(1) (Reply)

Living For Jesus / Righteous Idol Worshiper / Folabi Nuel Sets September For The Revival Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.