Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,484 members, 7,781,451 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:36 PM

Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence (29376 Views)

Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) / Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) / Big Fishes Caught During Flooding In Bayelsa (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Love4all24: 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
Bravemind55:
It's smart idoma street and not destiny hotel road .

Ok thanks.
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by onomeabuja: 6:22pm On Sep 01, 2021
1000angstroms:
i3 is better than celeron
u are highly right bro...
i have a system like this, bought it in 2019 for 40k: lenovo corei3 bt i was broke & i sold it to a friend last year october for 25k ( honestly it pained me)
this his own is not corei3 bt lenovo systems a good too.
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by RichAbujaGuy: 6:30pm On Sep 01, 2021
Op, you and your neighbors have to get organised and do the job yourselves. All it takes is a few and others will join in the positive energy. Government can't do everything and I think traditional rulers are mostly ceremonial these days.

Compare your cleaning and flood avoidance effort to:

Matthew 18:20
“For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Aganju849: 6:40pm On Sep 01, 2021
Red Mud Republic
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Snrcitizen: 6:57pm On Sep 01, 2021
I live in this area , and to be fair with everybody, the Catholic church and the hotel spoilt the road more.
The Catholic even opened the back gate for only their members to use as entrance and exit. The hotel brought wack contractors who dug the road dipper without consultations.
The landlords are worse cos most don't live around there. The state government is not even remembering that part of Asaba, they only concentrated on small nnebisi road.
We are tired , if say money dey. Na to relocate but house rent in this town is something else.

1 Like

Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by drololaaof: 7:03pm On Sep 01, 2021
Sorry oh ,you are blaming government for not coming to your aid ,yes ,but you have forgotten that Asaba is in flood plain area whereas Onitsha higher up? Mother nature cannot be cheated! Lokoja is an example people build houses on lowland bank of river Niger , small rain it is flooding, those buildings, land reclamation are an impediment to free flow of water. The flooding is going to increase and worsen because of heavy rain and climatic change, Lagos have started to experience same problem that is increasingly worse every year
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by anoziechi(f): 7:16pm On Sep 01, 2021
E no go pass bonsaac side
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by MrGerald(m): 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2021
Ngasky:
what are the people on that street doing?
it is not government that will come and take care of your house for you.
look at those interlocks, the person who put it there thinks he is making his place beautiful, not knowing that he is creating a bigger problem of water logging as the water cannot penetrate into the soil as it is supposed to. and if the water cannot go through where did you think it will stay?
i am sure if the government agency in terms of planning ask him not to use interlock he will be shouting that authorities are trying to interfere with his personal freedom. now you put interlocks without plan for drainage what are you complaining of?
This is not about one street, this scenery is normal when it rains in Asaba town, they don't have draining system, the few they have lay flat and water never moves, maybe because of level land /ground they have... same situation with Aba in Abia state
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Mrkumareze(m): 7:27pm On Sep 01, 2021
1x2x3:

That your road, Asaba aluminium, and across summit needs serious attention. Year in year out they come to survey then disappear. I hope this thread draws their attention.

Asabe in general needs serious attention, the entire area starting from summit to koka, down to Oduke/Bonsac areas deserves a serious canal. Without a major canal, there's no way the floods ll escape..
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Bellalove11(f): 7:37pm On Sep 01, 2021
Ascension road have been like that for years now...my opinion is that d landlords in that area should come together to figure out how to work on that road instead of leaving the workload for the church nd definite destiny hotel only..once that other route that leads to junic hotel is spoilt now they will all come out to work on that road. Government no go work everything for us,let's learn to help ourselves at times.

UDO!!
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by int0x80(m): 7:43pm On Sep 01, 2021
Shameless Nigerian politicians, and that's supposed to be the capital city. They only managed to take of Anwai area.
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by egopersonified(f): 7:52pm On Sep 01, 2021
Lastmankc:
When you throw trash into the drainage system,what do you expect?

I don't know why the first thing people say is trash blocked our drainages. Please look at the pictures properly, if it was trash, some will be floating in the water. There is simply no drainage here. Sometimes it is sand that fills these drainages. Boundary road, Benin drainage is currently being dug. They have being moving truck loads of sand from there since morning. I didn't see a single piece of trash when I passed there. Some drainages all over the world also overflow during or after heavy rainfalls, those flood subside within hours or days.

1 Like

Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by BinamRex: 8:09pm On Sep 01, 2021
Love4all24:

Please send me a contact link. I’d gladly send them

Please, send them to my WhatsApp if you may 0 - 9- 0 - 2 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 9 - 5 - 2

Thanks.
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by rhektor(m): 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2021
Love4all24:
I’ve been looking for a way to get the attention of the public to our plight. My street is constantly flooded when it rains in Asaba. People’s houses get flooded with waters and cars get damaged. We have tried severally to get the attention of relevant authorities to help us but we are not successful. We spoke to the Catholic Church in my street to help but they couldn’t. We met with the traditional ruler and asked for help still nothing happened. We are tired, distraught and sad and our investments lose values on a daily. The water moves refuse dumps into our houses. Our children get sick. The photos included here were taken 2 days after rainfall. It’s a lot worse when you see it first hand.

We need urgent help. The name of my street is Definite Destiny Hotel road. Please help push to front page so we can get the help we do desperately need.

Call out your governor, your local government chairman as well as the idiot councillor representating your ward they are a bunch of ne'er do well
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Oiza131(f): 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2021
1000angstroms:

Sha! Sharrap! North wey no dey get rain, will the flood come from your shadow?
No sir, it will come from your shadow. Gracias!
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Muhammadengr: 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2021
South and their stupidity....how can dey blame their Leaders...? grin
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by OVB123: 8:28pm On Sep 01, 2021
MzBertty:
Lived in Delta State for 4 years....they don't have proper drainage systems
Add edo state to it. That state is worst hit.
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by orlaglobal234: 8:42pm On Sep 01, 2021
These is not new to Asaba people it has been long they battled with flood like this even it's every year gift to Asaba people
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Bngf: 8:45pm On Sep 01, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Donpenny(m): 8:55pm On Sep 01, 2021
ahnie:

DLA is the worst...
Seconded by phase 2 interior of infant Jesus with beautiful structures.i learnt one cud get a 3 bedroom apartment there for a meagre sum of 100k.but the problem there is maaaddd flooding.
this yr when my landlord suddenly increased 2 bedroom to 450k it infuriated me and i wanted to pack our, i searched for house and saw a duplex around op area for 200k i suspected smth must be wrong with that area considering the high cost of accommodation in asaba i went back jeje to renew my rent can come and be lifting my chairs at midnight when it rain

2 Likes

Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Donpenny(m): 9:02pm On Sep 01, 2021
Snrcitizen:
I live in this area , and to be fair with everybody, the Catholic church and the hotel spoilt the road more.
The Catholic even opened the back gate for only their members to use as entrance and exit. The hotel brought wack contractors who dug the road dipper without consultations.
The landlords are worse cos most don't live around there. The state government is not even remembering that part of Asaba, they only concentrated on small nnebisi road.
We are tired , if say money dey. Na to relocate but house rent in this town is something else.
hope the flooding no dey enter inside room?
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by francezB(m): 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2021
Both the church and the hotel have tried their best on dat road, cox i could remember sometime in 2017 when the church and hold worked on that road and the drainage on that road is not channeled to anywhere
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by linearity: 9:29pm On Sep 01, 2021
Love4all24:
I’ve been looking for a way to get the attention of the public to our plight. My street is constantly flooded when it rains in Asaba. People’s houses get flooded with waters and cars get damaged. We have tried severally to get the attention of relevant authorities to help us but we are not successful. We spoke to the Catholic Church in my street to help but they couldn’t. We met with the traditional ruler and asked for help still nothing happened. We are tired, distraught and sad and our investments lose values on a daily. The water moves refuse dumps into our houses. Our children get sick. The photos included here were taken 2 days after rainfall. It’s a lot worse when you see it first hand.

We need urgent help. The name of my street is Definite Destiny Hotel road. Please help push to front page so we can get the help we do desperately need.

Mobilize the youths and all the church members to join hands together and remove dirt from the drainage & cutters.

That might just be the faster solution, if you sit and wait for government, you will be waiting your time.
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by NwaOhafia: 9:39pm On Sep 01, 2021
I know of a street at ketu Iyana era at okoko. People staying in that area use rain boot to stand in front of their house. I dey lagos, I dey lagos, ask the person which area him dey
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Litmus: 9:46pm On Sep 01, 2021
One day, out of pity, God needs to create a gigantic field and place all Nigerians there so that his angels can bulldoze every building, road and street, while muttering, “these people keep building crap on top of crap along crap and sometimes trying to beautify crap! Nope, we cant take these eyesores no-more, not on gods earth, and it all has to go, so that they can start afresh and build their cities, towns and villages along thoroughly planned paths!'. angry
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by deavicky(m): 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2021
Love4all24:
It’s worse than it looks. I’ve videos and I don’t know how to upload them. Lalasticlala, @seun please someone should help push this.
it can be worse than it looks when the adjacent building if free of water.
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by oscarlamba: 11:39pm On Sep 01, 2021
Love4all24:

My family raised 2.5m last year ourselves and asked other people living around to come together to do it but no one brought out a dime and the money we had wasn’t enough.
koka junction right? around iyanga market
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Wronggee(m): 11:59pm On Sep 01, 2021
Road master no dey see this one for asaba... I know that's area very there.. have not been there for three months because of the road
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Love4all24: 4:13am On Sep 02, 2021
linearity:

Mobilize the youths and all the church members to join hands together and remove dirt from the drainage & cutters.

That might just be the faster solution, if you sit and wait for government, you will be waiting your time.

Don’t you get it? There are no dirts! No good drainage
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by ahnie: 4:18am On Sep 02, 2021
16inchdick:

Chai na flood area
Re: Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence by Yakubuokehi(m): 5:53am On Sep 02, 2021
May Almighty God help us in this poor country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Car Crushes 4-Year-Old Boy To Death Inside Parents’ Compound In Lagos / Nigeria Will No Longer Tolerate Harassment Of Its Citizens In Ghana - FG / Accident Involving 2 Containers On Oshodi Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.