Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,482 members, 7,781,440 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:26 PM

Why Did You Leave Your Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Did You Leave Your Job? (8868 Views)

One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" / The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? / 4 Reasons You Don't Get Interviews After Your Job Applications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by Juanmike(m): 9:35am On Oct 11, 2021
Toxic environment, maltreatment of staff by the boss.
I don't like people controlling me, much less a woman.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by Meedon: 9:36am On Oct 11, 2021
Okay
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by Hotzone(m): 9:36am On Oct 11, 2021
Because of unknown gun men
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by davies(m): 9:38am On Oct 11, 2021
The Stress of waking up by 4am just to resume work by 6am.
Bad & jealous colleagues & supervisors. My input to the growth of the company isn't welcome

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by Kenneth10110(m): 9:39am On Oct 11, 2021
Opexzy:
My boss doesn't appreciate anything we do, he nags like there is no tomorrow... That man screeams like nothing I have ever seen before.. He threatened me with sack letter, countless number of time, not just me but other employees
I was losing my sanity and I had to just move on...

I left and weeks later he offered me 150% increase in salary, that he wants me back... Omo I refused. He had replace me with 4 new staffs.

In Nigeria always be one step ahead of your boss... Most of them got no joy..

Tales by moonlight
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by DenreleDave(m): 9:43am On Oct 11, 2021
I need a job
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by largeman4u(m): 9:46am On Oct 11, 2021
I left because the CEO of our bank and the ED and AGM are the only one collecting profit sharing and the other staffs are sideline. Also no promotion and after I had my M.Sc had to throw in the towel.

This is a bank with over 400 branches.
The curse will be upon the cheaters and their family

9 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by Kola5281(m): 9:47am On Oct 11, 2021
Currently working at a microfinance bank, their pay is 54k but the stress from the job no be here, you gats disburse loan to 60 customers sef and the work is more like marketing jab, you go waka tire. Another problem of the job is that they don't pay early, till now we neva collect September salary, i resumed second week of August and till now i neva see any salary....I'll just wait till i collect mine, japa and face my online biz

6 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by ensamy(m): 9:48am On Oct 11, 2021
The boss is erratic and as he was shouting how he will fire me , I just took a plain sheet of paper Infront of him and wrote my resignation letter and walk pass him and dropped it with the admin and left.
He started making trouble that I must come back and train the other staff on how to use our heavy duty machines that I alone knows how to operate. I have already gotten another offer. grin grin.
I worked diligently but he is ungrateful

14 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by emmyluizzz: 9:50am On Oct 11, 2021
my boss then was paying me 35000 to manage his small hotel...
but despite that he turn me into the bar man...the accountant ... supervisor and store keeper all for that salary...omoh I gat to run ooo

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by manny4u(m): 9:52am On Oct 11, 2021
My boss was good to me and my pay was 100k, but I was bored and my job was so predictable. I got another job with better pay

9 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by house10s: 9:53am On Oct 11, 2021
Hezzyluv:
Was stressful. Had to wake up by 4am just to beat Ojuelegbe traffic to mile2 from mile2, again to Apapa (tincan). Get back home by 10pm. For six days in a week just for 70k per month.

u cud have gotten an apartment close to work
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by Worksunlimited: 10:04am On Oct 11, 2021
NaijaGoBetter20:
Two of my friends (who worked with different companies) resigned from their work recently, not because of their salaries but their claim was a bad boss and toxic environment.

My question is that which one should come first salary or the environment?

Mental health. I wan resign from my own too.. Tired of been lied to and maltreated. 5yrs and 6months of inner pain.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by larryking540: 10:05am On Oct 11, 2021
Opexzy:
My boss doesn't appreciate anything we do, he nags like there is no tomorrow... That man screeams like nothing I have ever seen before.. He threatened me with sack letter, countless number of time, not just me but other employees

I left and weeks later he offered me 150% increase in salary, that he wants me back... Omo I refused. He had replace me with 4 new staffs.

the moment I sign a new job with a new boss,that same night I day draft a new cv down immediately,the moment the boss give me headache I don day drop the cv around , I no just like wahala

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by Winnerautomatic: 10:07am On Oct 11, 2021
The5DME:
I was laid off. There's really no job security anywhere sha. Nobody is indispensable to a company.

For cultism

The5DME

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by Winnerautomatic: 10:07am On Oct 11, 2021
Winnerautomatic:

For cultism

The5DME
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by Adek15(m): 10:09am On Oct 11, 2021
I'm resigning today. My letter typed already.
Salary too small compared to the Lagos stress and office politics.
I want to venture into IT. Just waiting for PC to be delivered to me month end.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by Adek15(m): 10:10am On Oct 11, 2021
house10s:

u cud have gotten an apartment close to work
This is what I told someone too sometime 2018 until I got a job in Lagos, Then, I understood.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by torvickof1312(m): 10:16am On Oct 11, 2021
NaijaGoBetter20:
Two of my friends (who worked with different companies) resigned from their work recently, not because of their salaries but their claim was a bad boss and toxic environment.

My question is that which one should come first salary or the environment?

All bosses seems to be tough to protect their seat, some subordinate once the boss is simple they miss use been lenient to play and fun.

Manage your boss and put food on your table.

No boss stay for ever or rather look for another offer while managing your boss but never quit for nothing to rely on.........

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by Kayjoshy: 10:19am On Oct 11, 2021
Reverently, Pls i need a good job, someone shouid help me pls. I studied Mining Engineering Technology and graduated as the best student of the department.
Thanks
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by Pregift(f): 10:30am On Oct 11, 2021
I left my teaching job just last month. The stress is too much, teaching primary classes is a huge work. They made me lose my mind. Then the pay is not worth the work. Am praying for a part time secondary teaching job.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by blesdman(m): 10:35am On Oct 11, 2021
I left for same reason....toxic environment and bosses. I wonder why some Nigerian bosses can not talk to someone like human beings. Always yelling and insulting.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by Harbeeorlar(m): 10:38am On Oct 11, 2021
To learn a skill. And it turned out to be the best decision to make
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by Tellwhat: 10:53am On Oct 11, 2021
Harbeeorlar:
To learn a skill. And it turned out to be the best decision to make
What skill if I may ask.
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by oochi123(f): 11:12am On Oct 11, 2021
The man that took me where I got the job wanted to sleep with me.
The chairman's Randy and lousy brother wanted to sleep with me too.i got a deep cut on my finger as he was trying to pin me to the wall.i knew my time was up and my salary wasn't paid in full.na so I comot o.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by SavageResponse(m): 11:13am On Oct 11, 2021
Opexzy:

You'll also act the same way when you start running your own company grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by viktohmarkz(m): 11:15am On Oct 11, 2021
I was scammed of my first month salary,
I wasn't allowed to start work early but once i dont finish up on time the nagging is mad

The pressure was huge
Work from Monday to Saturday, was mentally drained

I just woke up one day went to work amd after the days work i told her i was done and i wanted payment,
Told me i shouldn't come to work the next week, i told her that place was off my mind nothing else

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by Overthemoonman: 11:20am On Oct 11, 2021
It was a teaching Job. The workload was too much. Imagine teaching over 400 students with strong monitoring. You must mark and record notes every week. You must give assignment every week. You must give test every week. All these, you must mark and record and submit the record sheet for marking. Fridays that other schools close by 12pm, we do close by 4pm. We also sometimes come to school on Saturday. The work no be here. Everything for 30k.. The owner of the school always telling us she is doing us a favor because there are graduates outside that are looking for job.. I swear even if you kill yourself for that woman, she is never satisfied. Everything is complain to her

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by MMXX: 11:25am On Oct 11, 2021
Hezzyluv:
Was stressful. Had to wake up by 4am just to beat Ojuelegbe traffic to mile2 from mile2, again to Apapa (tincan). Get back home by 10pm. For six days in a week just for 70k per month.
Omo my own is similar too o,woke up by 5am, leave by 6 just to beat morning CMS traffic,CMS to obalende, obalende to Osborne, on top 35k salary

Now am in a different state, working for myself with peace of mind, making six figure/month..

Lagos life is really stressful and at the end after suffering month after month,no tangible improvement in ones life, you're just enriching another fellow

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by Ojycelarma: 11:29am On Oct 11, 2021
I'm sure the environment was conducive for you to have even stayed that long sir/ma, well some boss also fail to forget a happy employee is more productive
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by obonujoker(m): 11:43am On Oct 11, 2021
flyca:
My then boss was fond of telling me at even instance, “you are one of my highest paid Engineers”.

So I should, sekem?
I should be go for thanksgiving?
Not to sound proud, but do they have my qualifications and work experience?
Besides, we all came interviews for employment and everyone agreed on the salary that was okay by them! Why can't you allow me breathe sir?! Very annoying.

Note: I was not underperforming o. He just needed to constantly remind me that I am earning too much for a Nigerian! Mtcheewwwww

Foreigner - He was earning over 2M monthly.
Nigerian Engineers - Scrambling 150 - 200k!

Nigerian Engineers... We suffer. I had to leave and start my own thing...
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Job? by obonujoker(m): 11:48am On Oct 11, 2021
Pregift:
I left my teaching job just last month. The stress is too much, teaching primary classes is a huge work. They made me lose my mind. Then the pay is not worth the work. Am praying for a part time secondary teaching job.

How much was the average school fees?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna State Set To Unlock The Future Of Work With Click-on Kaduna Workshop / VACANCY : 100k Salary , Who Is Interested, Come For Interview / Audacious Business Concept Limited Entry-level Job Recruitment (7 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.