Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,805 members, 7,802,572 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million (10266 Views)

National Assembly Severance Package To Gulp N2.8bn / I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari / More Street Killing Planned - FG Uncovers Plot To Derail Jonathan’s Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 22, 2011
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by monkeyleg: 6:17pm On May 22, 2011
This is disgraceful. meanwhile we have folks on here pleading for financial assistance to save fellow Nigerians lives.

Nigeria is simply a wicked country.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by snowdrops(m): 6:28pm On May 22, 2011
remember the N10 billion independence party as well. this GEJ self, the man like owenbe o.

im moto na you chop i chop.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Gekko(m): 6:30pm On May 22, 2011
Fresh air indeed! undecided

These people are disconnected from reality.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by monkeyleg: 6:35pm On May 22, 2011
There is really no accountability in our country. No value for money, no proper thought being put into anything that involves public money.

The health report on Nigeria makes grime reading yet we are spending money recklessly like this. Jonathan is really missing opportunities to show Nigerians that things have change, and it wont be business as usual. I mean would it have been bad to declare to nigerians that based on the global econominc crisi facing everyone, that the celebrations would be low key. What is so wrong with that?

Would this money have not been better spent paying for nemerous Nigerians seeking urgent expensive medical attention? Nigerians are really not thier brothers keeper
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by agabaI23(m): 6:36pm On May 22, 2011
Bush inauguration in 2005 $150 million
Obama's  $170 million (N25 billion)

We like comparing ourselves to the US so lets compare this.

What you should be worried about is the utilization. Most of it will go to security I guess.
The population of US is 307 million, Nigeria is about half of that.

That amount is 1/5th of that of the US 3 years ago.
What is the problem with that?
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Mynd44: 6:52pm On May 22, 2011
How else can you usher in a clueless administration and to start an a-looter continua
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by enyojo(f): 7:12pm On May 22, 2011
agabaI23:

[s]Bush inauguration in 2005 $150 million
Obama's  $170 million (N25 billion)

What you should be worried about is the utilization. Most of it will go to security I guess.

What is the problem with that?[/s]

DUMB!!!
I can't seem to get why some persons are so stereotyped that they reason out of empty skulls!!
A hungry-striken Nation without basic necessities of life conteplates spending Billions on just One Man handing over to himself.
And someone is saying Obama's hand-over gulped more than that.
No wonder Nigeria remains where it is.

If Buhari had won and he tried this, I would have fought him Not minding having supported him during the elections

Selfish, self-centered, Greedy Demons!! May the enemies of Nigeria perish!!
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by 4Play(m): 7:14pm On May 22, 2011
agabaI23:

Bush inauguration in 2005 $150 million
Obama's  $170 million (N25 billion)

What is the problem with that?

Keep comparing Nigeria with a $14 trillion economy.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by agabaI23(m): 7:17pm On May 22, 2011
enyojo:

DUMB!!!
I can't seem to get why some persons are so stereotyped that they reason out of empty skulls!!
A hungry-striken Nation without basic necessities of life conteplates spending Billions on a Man handing ober to himself.
And someone is saying Obama's hand-over gulped more than that.
No wonder Nigeria remains where it is.

Selfish, self-centered, Greedy Demons!! May the enemies of Nigeria perish!!

Why do you even bother quoting when you cannot stand what is in the quote?
You call people dumb and other names and you later come to quote the bible for me.

If you cannot argue, just keep off, you don't make any point by calling names. Anyway when people are pregnant they can unleash their misery any thing they see.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by agabaI23(m): 7:18pm On May 22, 2011
4 Play:

Keep comparing Nigeria with a $14 trillion economy.
with $14 trillion debt

Anyway the size of their economy is the reason their budget was 3 years ago 5 times our own today.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by 4Play(m): 7:19pm On May 22, 2011
agabaI23:

with $14 trillion debt

They issue all their debt in their own currency. When you understand what that means, then you will be more clued on.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by mikuz(m): 7:21pm On May 22, 2011
Abeg am tired of complaining! What ever i post here whether true or false won't stop this madness.This insanity will still rage on!
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by enyojo(f): 7:24pm On May 22, 2011
agabaI23:

Why do you even bother quoting when you cannot stand what is in the quote?
You call people dumb and other names and you later come to quote the bible for me.

If you cannot argue, just keep off, you don't make any point by calling names. Anyway when people are pregnant they can unleash their misery any thing they see.

When you type dumb statements as you usually do, there is nothing unbiblical if i call it dumb post!
Don't think my deep knowledge of the Bible will make me not to attack evil thoughts and words when I see them.
You are so shallow-minded that I usually wonder how much you were paid to defend wrong things like this.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by enyojo(f): 7:31pm On May 22, 2011
[size=15pt]What is N5 BILLION?

It can build atleast 2,500 Low-Cost houses for 2,500 families free-of-charge!!![/size]

Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by agabaI23(m): 7:32pm On May 22, 2011
enyojo:

When you type dumb statements as you usually do, there is nothing unbiblical if i call it dumb post!
Don't think my deep knowledge of the Bible will make me not to attack evil thoughts and words when I see them.
You are so shallow-minded that I usually wonder how much you were paid to defend wrong things like this.
If your type of argument is is an example of intelligence, I prefer to remain 'dumb' in your terms

You know nothing about the bible for your information. Being able to memorize a passage is nothing about knowing what the word says.

Your bible says
But I say, if you are even angry with someone, you are subject to judgment! If you call someone an idiot, you are in danger of being brought before the court. And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell. Matt 5:22

I am showing this to you because you have a deep knowledge of the bible otherwise I would not bother.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by iluvnaija: 7:38pm On May 22, 2011
i dont want anybody to complain, you deserve the leaders you get. this is just tip of the iceberg, if buhari had won i dont think he'll spend up to 1 billion. nigerians are going to spend another 4 years in hell from pdp govt.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by kcjazz(m): 7:41pm On May 22, 2011
Wouldn't it be nice if Mr. President says lets forgo long thing and just do this in Aso Rock, no time for long speeches?

If this document is true, which kind flower will cost N3 million 1 week to the day of event?
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by enyojo(f): 7:42pm On May 22, 2011
agabaI23:

If your type of argument is is an example of intelligence, I prefer to remain 'dumb' in your terms

You know nothing about the bible for your information. Being able to memorize a passage is nothing about knowing what the word says.

Your bible says
I am showing this to you because you have a deep knowledge of the bible otherwise I would not bother.

The verse you quoted is grossly incomplete,. check again and ammend accordingly. Thanks cool cool
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by tpia5: 7:42pm On May 22, 2011
na wa sha, if true.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by hercules07: 7:44pm On May 22, 2011
1.5M to fuel generators, at 150 naira per liter that is over 10,000 liters, dem no dey shame?
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by enyojo(f): 7:45pm On May 22, 2011
kcjazz:

Wouldn't it be nice if Mr. President says lets forgo long thing and just do this in Aso Rock, no time for long speeches?

If this document is true, which kind flower will cost N3 million 1 week to the day of event?

I suggested that when I was gisting with Colleagues and they all said it is not possible.
But don't think anything is impossible.
The enormousity of the Challenges waiting for Jonathan, I think he needs more than 'goodluck'!
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by emekagh(m): 7:49pm On May 22, 2011
iluvnaija:

i dont want anybody to complain, you deserve the leaders you get. this is just tip of the iceberg, if buhari had won i dont think he'll spend up to 1 billion. nigerians are going to spend another 4 years in hell from pdp govt.

Buhari did not win, could not, and will never win election in Nigeria. GEJ is our president, pls spare us all these 'if Buhari had won stuff.' No one knows the mind of that Jihadist and corpers slayer!
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by reindeer: 7:53pm On May 22, 2011
Just imagine.
In a nation reeking of poverty, so much money will be spent on this frivolity.
This is ''fresh fart'' and makes it obvious this ''leader'' has no plan for the country.
I even saw a public address system for the venue on that list, you mean the venue they intend to use had no PA system before?
I can bet you they'll keep reawarding this contract everytime they have anew program coming up.
Shame on GEJ . . .wasteful !%%$£&^%
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by jmaine: 7:54pm On May 22, 2011
[size=16pt]SAHARA REPORTERS, Hmmmm!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed [/size]
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by monkeyleg: 7:54pm On May 22, 2011
A real shame. The people who lead do not have a proper perception of what is really happen on ground. I was moved to tears on the account someone gave of families being destroted because of finances to assist in urgent medical conditions, then we read this.
Is there anyone here who does not know of someone who has suffered adversly because of ill health and lack of finances or adequate medical amenities? Some I know have even died. yet we read about such gross mis-management?

This world, especially nigeria is indeed a very wicked place
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by enyojo(f): 7:54pm On May 22, 2011
emeka_gh:

Buhari did not win, could not, and will never win election in Nigeria. GEJ is our president, pls spare us all these 'if Buhari had won stuff.' No one knows the mind of that Jihadist and corpers slayer!

When u begin to feel the fresh fart, body go tell u. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by violent(m): 7:55pm On May 22, 2011
public address system---33 million!!

now tht's what i call Fresh Air!!!!

Sai Jonathan!
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by enyojo(f): 7:56pm On May 22, 2011
jmaine:

[size=16pt]SAHARA REPORTERS, Hmmmm!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed [/size]

Maybe u didnt see this>

Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by apoti(m): 7:58pm On May 22, 2011
N1.5 million to fuel generator, for a 2 hours service shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by kcjazz(m): 7:58pm On May 22, 2011
enyojo:

I suggested that when I was gisting with Colleagues and they all said it is not possible.
But don't think anything is impossible.
The enormousity of the Challenges waiting for Jonathan, I think he needs more than 'goodluck'!

I understand how we love parties and celebration grin but again its not unconstitutional if he says lets do it in Aso Rock. He could even add a PR spin to it
"Due to the violence that preceded this elections and the enormous national challenges ahead, I GEJ will ask for a low key event for my  inauguration" cheesy

His fans will love him and raise to high heavens but again this is small money for politicians to spend. haha I even wish I got the contract to supply heavenly flowers
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by enyojo(f): 8:00pm On May 22, 2011
kcjazz:

I understand how we love parties and celebration grin but again its not unconstitutional if he says lets do it in Aso Rock. He could even add a PR spin to it
"Due to the violence that preceded this elections and the enormous national challenges ahead, I GEJ will ask for a low key event for my inauguration" cheesy

His fans will love him and raise to high heavens but again this is small money for politicians to spend. haha I even wish I got the contract to supply heavenly flowers

The irony is dat Heavenly flowers are not sold. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Free

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ekiti 2018: President Buhari Won’t Manipulate APC Primaries – Gbenga Aluko / FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel / Court To Hear Fg’s Application To Detain Sowore For 20 More Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.