Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,751 members, 7,802,302 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States (1349 Views)

INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka / Concrete Roads: Cement Price To Hit ₦9,000 - Manufacturers / What Happened In Osun And Ekiti States Will Not Happen Again' - Nyesom Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by Simongm(m): 3:36pm On Sep 01, 2021
Federal Government has approved the reconstruction of concrete road from Kabba to the boundary between Kogi
and Ekiti states.
Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Raji Fashola who made this known when he received Kogi State House of Assembly Committee on Works lead by its Speaker, Prince Matthew Kolawole said the Project is to be executed by Dangote company.
Fashola stated that the federal government has committed huge resources to road construction, maintenance and rehabilitation over the years, noting that the ministry is currently working on fourteen federal roads that either link Kogi state or passes through, while seventeen special interventions are also ongoing with the repairs of bridges.

According to him, the ministry’s goal is to fix all federal
roads in the country at once but has been limited due to
resources, and other needs that are also important to
human existence, saying it is whatever the national
assembly approves for them to spend that they will use.
He told the visitors that Kogi State federal lawmakers led
by Senator Smart Adeyemi recently when visited him on
the same subject matter, advising them to reach out to
their neighboring states to have a consensus on roads
they want the ministry to concentrate fund on.
The Minister pointed out that the current administration
led by President Muhammad Buhari is committed to
infrastructure renewal which was necessitated borrowing
to finance most of the ongoing critical projects across the
country.

Speaker of the Kogi State House of Assembly, Prince
Matthew Kolawole said the visit was necesitated sequel to
the resolution of the House on the deplorable state of
federal roads in the State which has hindered smooth
movement of goods and services.
Prince Kolawole explained that despite the efforts of
Governor Yahaya Bello’s administration to fix some of
the federal roads, they still find it expedient to call on the
federal government to come to their aid in fixing the
federal roads across the state.
He said the deplorable state of the federal roads in the
three senatorial districts of the state are worrisome and
have caused a lots of havoc to motorists, noting that Kogi
State is bordered by nine states including the FCT,
centrally located within the country and a major link
between north and southern region.

The Speaker noted that on Tuesday, the Kabba-Obajana –
Lokoja road close to Apata community, was carved in,
causing traffic jams and blockage for commuters plying
the route.

https://democracynewsline.com/fg-approves-concrete-roads-from-kabba-to-borders-of-kogi-and-ekiti/
Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by Simongm(m): 3:46pm On Sep 01, 2021
The Speaker noted that on Tuesday, the Kabba-Obajana –Lokoja road close to Apata community, was carved in, causing traffic jams and blockage for commuters plying the route.

This is the picture
cc: lalasticlala

Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by FairlyUSEDpussy: 3:53pm On Sep 01, 2021
Does anyone usa number for sale??
Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by Dproperties: 3:57pm On Sep 01, 2021
Good development
Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by Dproperties: 3:58pm On Sep 01, 2021
FairlyUSEDpussy:
Does anyone usa number for sale??

4k call me
Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by 22o62021: 3:58pm On Sep 01, 2021
cry
Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by FairlyUSEDpussy: 4:00pm On Sep 01, 2021
Dproperties:

4k call me

1k.....
Just wanna verify whatsapp.....
Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 01, 2021
Simongm:

This is the picture
cc: lalasticlala
Nice one.

Please I have a question for you, sir. I am wondering how Okun is different from Ekiti. They seem the same to me but I might be wrong because I don't speak the language. Could you explain this to me?

Sorry for digressing.
Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by alizma: 4:05pm On Sep 01, 2021
Nice one
Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by Simongm(m): 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2021
gomojam:
Nice one.

Please I have a question for you, sir. I am wondering how Okun is different from Ekiti. They seem the same to me but I might be wrong because I don't speak the language. Could you explain this to me?

Sorry for digressing.

We are the same Yoruba, the only different is the dialect. Just like the distinct in the following dialects; Ijebu, Oworo, Ijesha, Akoko, Ikale, Oyo, Egba, Awori, Igbomina, Owo, Ilaje, Ketu etc
Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2021
Simongm:

We are the same Yoruba, the only different is the dialect. Just like the distinct in the following dialects; Ijebu, Oworo, Ijesha, Akoko, Ikale, Oyo, Egba, Awori, Igbomina, Owo, Ilaje, Ketu etc
Of course I know both are Yoruba. What I was asking is the difference in the dialect of the two. They sound same to me when they speak, and I met an Akure guy recently that told me that Ekiti, Akure, Okun, Ijesa are same people just little distinct in their various dialect.
Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by seunmsg(m): 5:52pm On Sep 01, 2021
This is a great news for me. It means I can drive smoothly from Abuja to Ekiti once the road is completed.
Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by Simongm(m): 6:35pm On Sep 01, 2021
gomojam:
Of course I know both are Yoruba. What I was asking is the difference in the dialect of the two. They sound same to me when they speak, and I met an Akure guy recently that told me that Ekiti, Akure, Okun, Ijesa are same people just little distinct in their various dialect.

Yes, the dialects are quite different, and not the same. the little distinct makes it unique, at times it's harder to understand each other's dialect oo.
Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by yarimo(m): 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2021
That is very commendable from the FG.
Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 01, 2021
Simongm:

Yes, the dialects are quite different, and not the same. the little distinct makes it unique, at times it's harder to understand each other's dialect oo.
Ok, thanks.
Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 01, 2021
seunmsg:
This is a great news for me. It means I can drive smoothly from Abuja to Ekiti once the road is completed.
Baba l'ekiti, Ekiti yeye. grin
Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by johnmartus(m): 7:48pm On Sep 01, 2021
From ijesha, to okun down to Akure including Ekiti state and part of kwara state especially Ekiti kwara and oke-Ero local government in kwara state these places I mentioned are same people and their dialects is very similar if you are from any of this place there is nothing hard they will say you will not understand.
Simongm:

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by johnmartus(m): 7:49pm On Sep 01, 2021
From ijesha, to okun down to Akure including Ekiti state and part of kwara state especially Ekiti kwara and oke-Ero local government in kwara state these places I mentioned are same people and their dialects is very similar if you are from any of this place there is nothing hard they will say you will not understand.
gomojam:

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by dragunov: 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2021
seunmsg:

Seun, it is from Ibadan to Ekiti. Stop all this format. So you finally learnt how to drive. Or is it madam that will do the driving again?
Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 01, 2021
johnmartus:
Thank you. Exactly what the Ekiti guy told me. Why don't they come together though? It would have been better if they were in a single state altogether. Nigeria military rulers just divide everything any how.

However, prior to Nigeria the Ekiti or Ijesha had created a separate identity for self which they sustain till now.
Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by seunmsg(m): 8:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
gomojam:

Yes ooo. We are from Ekiti and we are very proud of our state.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 01, 2021
seunmsg:

Yes ooo. We are from Ekiti and we are very proud of our state.
Yes. Lots to be proud of in Ekiti especially educational smarties. They have a very strong quota in the greatness of the Yoruba race. We cannot imagine Yoruba without them.
Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by seunmsg(m): 8:29pm On Sep 01, 2021
gomojam:

Akure and Ekiti dialect are very similar. This is because Akure used to be part of Ekiti before the colonialist came in and divided us anyhow. The Deji of Akure was a member of the historical 16 crown Pelupelu Obas of Ekiti. Akure was also part of the towns that formed the Ekitiparapo coalition army that chased Ibadan forces out of Ekiti and Ijesha land.

Ijesha dialect on the other hand is clearly distinct from Ekiti and Akure dialect. However, some towns in Ekiti state speak Ijesha dialect and not Ekiti.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 01, 2021
seunmsg:

Akure and Ekiti dialect are very similar. This is because Akure used to be part of Ekiti before the colonialist came in and divided us anyhow. The Deji of Akure was a member of the historical 16 crown Pelupelu Obas of Ekiti. Akure was also part of the towns that formed the Ekitiparapo coalition army that chased Ibadan forces out of Ekiti and Ijesha land.

Ijesha dialect on the other hand is clearly distinct from Ekiti and Akure dialect. However, some towns in Ekiti state speak Ijesha dialect and not Ekiti.
Clear enough, thank you. What about Okun people of Kogi?
Re: FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States by Simongm(m): 2:04am On Sep 02, 2021
johnmartus:

You can as well compare these dialects you listed to Akoko, Ilaje and Owo in Ondo state and even Oworo in Kogi state. You will discover that it is hard in some cases.

(1) (Reply)

How I Save Hausa Man Today From Unknown Gun Men / ADVICE!!! Don't Go Out For Election If You're In Anambra & Don't Be Decieved' / If Tinubu Can't Get Easter Greetings Poster Right How Can He Fix Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.